d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate > Russia / Ukraine
Prev139404142434501Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 12,730.67
Mar 1 2022 02:37am
Quote (Goomshill @ Feb 28 2022 11:38pm)
https://twitter.com/RichardEngel/status/1498381591306981379

NBC chief foreign correspondent: 'should america bomb russian troops, or watch in silence?'

False dichotomy. Pour so many weapons into Ukraine so that Europeans have as many school shootings as us.
Gold: 5.00
Mar 1 2022 03:20am
Quote (Santara @ Feb 28 2022 10:07pm)
25k-35k per day in Canada, with 1/10 the population. And 30% of homeless Americans that experience it are in California, which is pretty nice weather, as opposed to the frozen north. None of which addresses starvation, which is essentially nonexistent.

Experian had me noted as homeless on my credit report ROFL. While I lived in a THOW for 3 years. Best years of my life, put on a few pounds from having extra money for food and going out to eat and drink. The tent city bums on Oahu have it made IMO, at least until a huge gale blows through.
Gold: 30,584.00
Warn: 10%
Mar 1 2022 03:26am
Quote (Ognadibik @ Mar 1 2022 07:47am)
Easy choice
Bomb them

be careful what you wish for, for it may come to pass.

there is a very large target - a 65km long convoy of Russian vehicles currently on its way to Kiev

The only reason why the west has not intervened with troops / bombing such targets is because of the real fear of escalation of war outside of ukraine. you can go all over the world bombing the shit out of places but not russia (or the likes of china). if you do that you are defacto in a state of war with a super power. by super power, in this instance, i mean a country that has nukes. alot of them.

If the west escalates the situation more then it already is, then all bets are off as to what happens next.

This post was edited by ferdia on Mar 1 2022 03:46am
Gold: 22,164.69
Mar 1 2022 04:31am
The war on {russian people} is now starting up

https://twitter.com/nytimes/status/1498598946989608960

The Munich Philharmonic has fired Gergiev (!!!) for being a Russian person and refusing to condemn his mother country.
Gergiev is a hell of a big name in the classical scene for anyone unaware
Its hilarious, James Levine gets sacked because he's a pedo who diddles little boys (and gets a $3.5 million severance). Gergiev gets sacked not because of what he has said or done recently, but because he refuses to make a compulsory speech denouncing Putin.
Its like when the cancel squad came for Valentina Lisitsa for being a pro-Russian Ukrainian and Canada refused her concerts. But she was just a classical pianist- and was aggressively outspoken and tweeting about it in realtime- Gergiev is one of the biggest names in the whole world and was minding his own damn business. They straight up declared they were refusing to book Gergiev's concerts and firing Gergiev unless he would put out a statement condemning Putin and Russia.

Tell me again how Russophobia isn't real
Gold: 50,282.69
Mar 1 2022 04:40am
Quote (ferdia @ 1 Mar 2022 10:26)
be careful what you wish for, for it may come to pass.

there is a very large target - a 65km long convoy of Russian vehicles currently on its way to Kiev

The only reason why the west has not intervened with troops / bombing such targets is because of the real fear of escalation of war outside of ukraine. you can go all over the world bombing the shit out of places but not russia (or the likes of china). if you do that you are defacto in a state of war with a super power. by super power, in this instance, i mean a country that has nukes. alot of them.

If the west escalates the situation more then it already is, then all bets are off as to what happens next.

So some dictator terrorist leader, starts threathening with nukes and thats a reason not to save lots of innocent ppl who didnt want this war.
Those vehicles are not in russian territory and should be bombed.
Gold: 0.00
Mar 1 2022 04:56am
Quote (Goomshill @ Mar 1 2022 10:31am)

The Munich Philharmonic has fired Gergiev (!!!) for being a Russian person and refusing to condemn his mother country.
Its hilarious, James Levine gets sacked because he's a pedo who diddles little boys (and gets a $3.5 million severance). Gergiev gets sacked not because of what he has said or done recently, but because he refuses to make a compulsory speech denouncing Putin.
Its like when the cancel squad came for Valentina Lisitsa for being a pro-Russian Ukrainian and Canada refused her concerts. But she was just a classical pianist- and was aggressively outspoken and tweeting about it in realtime- Gergiev is one of the biggest names in the whole world and was minding his own damn business. They straight up declared they were refusing to book Gergiev's concerts and firing Gergiev unless he would put out a statement condemning Putin and Russia.

Free market at work baby.
Gold: 50,282.69
Mar 1 2022 06:15am
Quote (Goomshill @ 1 Mar 2022 11:31)

Its real. I bet you are going to tell me next its not the consequences of putins stupid actions :rofl:
Gold: 22,164.69
Mar 1 2022 06:29am
Quote (Ognadibik @ Mar 1 2022 06:15am)
Its real. I bet you are going to tell me next its not the consequences of putins stupid actions :rofl:

consequences implies causation. Guilt by association is without causation
Gold: 285.00
Mar 1 2022 06:36am
Quote (Goomshill @ Mar 1 2022 05:31am)

Damn Putin got this dude fired. Putin is also currently murdering his neighbors.

Imagine not being able to denounce a major war crime.

I wish we would fast forward to the part where he shoots himself in his bunker. He is probably at the end of a 60 foot table in a bunker talking to somebody at the other end of the room lol.

I tell ya the dude has cancer or a tumor and is making a mad dash to establish his legacy as something more than the steward of Russia's decline from being a super power to a regional player.

Quote (Goomshill @ Mar 1 2022 07:29am)
consequences implies causation. Guilt by association is without causation

Are you against At Will employment now?

Welcome to the labor movement Shill. I got fired from a job because my boss was fucking a girl who liked me. Was that fair? Lol.

I'm a union guy, I believe workers should have protection. But you aren't though if I remember right. You're a stiff the contractor kind of guy.

This post was edited by Skinned on Mar 1 2022 06:39am
Gold: 30,584.00
Warn: 10%
Mar 1 2022 06:37am
Quote (Goomshill @ Mar 1 2022 10:31am)

thats terrible.

wiki:

Following the 2022 Russian invasion of Ukraine, Mayor of Munich Dieter Reiter stated that he would remove Gergiev as conductor of the Munich Philharmonic unless Gergiev publicly condemns the Russian invasion. Similarly, the Rotterdam Philharmonic Orchestra said that it would drop Gergiev from its September festival if he did not stop supporting Putin. Milan's La Scala also sent a letter to Gergiev asking him to declare his support for a peaceful resolution in Ukraine or he would not be permitted to complete his engagement conducting Tchaikovsky's "The Queen of Spades." This follows an announcement by New York City's Carnegie Hall that it had canceled two May performances by the Mariinsky Theatre Orchestra that were to be conducted by Gergiev and the Vienna Philharmonic dropped Gergiev from a five-concert tour in the U.S. that was to start on 25 February.[29][30][31]

On 28 February 2022, the Verbier Festival requested and accepted [32] the resignation of Gergiev as Music Director of the Verbier Festival Orchestra.

On 1 March 2022, Mayor Reiter annouced the sacking of Mr. Gergiev as conductor of the Munich Philharmonic.

This post was edited by ferdia on Mar 1 2022 06:52am
Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
Prev139404142434501Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll