d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate > Russiagate Gathering Steam?
Prev13940414243445Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 10,485.00
Aug 11 2017 06:25am

Ok, I'll make it very simple...just for you.

Hillary was caught sending classified documents over un-secured servers. Which in the USA is at least illegal and at best treasonous.
Yet all we hear about is Trump Jr. talking to a Russian lawyer, which is NOT illegal or treasonous. It might be a stupid move during an election, but is in no way illegal.

Yet after the election, I don't see any Hillary-gate.

All I see is the same BS that started the day Trump won the election. That being that the losers decided: We just can't let this happen.
It started with demonstrations, not just in US cities but in cities all over the world. Which in itself is really strange. I had no idea that the whole world was voting for a US president.
Gold: 21.93
Aug 11 2017 06:38am
Quote (Ghot @ Aug 11 2017 11:25pm)

Hillary was caught sending classified documents over un-secured servers. Which in the USA is at least illegal and at best treasonous.
Yet all we hear about is Trump Jr. talking to a Russian lawyer, which is NOT illegal or treasonous. It might be a stupid move during an election, but is in no way illegal.

All I see is the same BS that started the day Trump won the election. That being that the losers decided: We just can't let this happen.
It started with demonstrations, not just in US cities but in cities all over the world. Which in itself is really strange. I had no idea that the whole world was voting for a US president.

Depends what they spoke about whether it was illegal or treasonous.
Gold: 1.50
Aug 11 2017 06:41am
Quote (Ghot @ Aug 11 2017 07:25am)

There was a federal investigation and no charges were filed.
The witch hunt was over months ago, hilarious to see shills like you still riding those coattails.

You have a very simplistic and childlike view of the situation, as evidenced in the last few posts.

"NO ONE DID ANYTHING REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE" :rofl:

Not true.

It is illegal to use non-secure means to handle classified documents.

Hell, if during my time in the service, I had sent even one mildly classified document via non-secure means, I would typing this from Fort Leavenworth (military prison).
Gold: 5,016.77
Quote (Ghot @ Aug 11 2017 07:25am)

If what Hillary did was illegal, and the DOJ thought they could successfully convict her, they would reopen the case. Trump is president and Sessions is AG, if they could do it they would.
Gold: 1.50
Aug 11 2017 06:42am
Quote (IceMage @ Aug 11 2017 07:41am)
If what Hillary did was illegal, and the DOJ thought they could successfully convict her, they would reopen the case. Trump is president and Sessions is AG, if they could do it they would.

No, that would require logic to be applied.
Aug 11 2017 06:45am
Quote (Morphmcmanerson @ Aug 11 2017 07:42am)
No, that would require logic to be applied.

Just blows my mind that Trump supporters like Hannity keep repeating this talking point. If Hillary committed all these crimes, why isn't Trump's DOJ doing something about it?
Aug 11 2017 06:57am
Quote (IceMage @ Aug 11 2017 07:41am)

I would assume that they couldn't do it now with all this Russiagate BS going on...it wouldn't look right. It would LOOK like it was because of the Russiagate BS.
I guess my point is...what we have here is a Trump witch hunt being carried out by the democratic party. Which is doing a lot of damage to this country.

I just used Hillary as a comparison. Someone who definitely broke the law, vs. someone who it seems has done nothing wrong. Yet where is the weight of the US govt. placed? And more importantly, in a time like this (North Korea and such), why now?

If Trump Jr. did do something wrong, why is it being investigated...NOW, rather than when it happened?

I don't think Trump Jr. did anything wrong...I mean we have tons of people in and out of politics who talk to Russians. Why is ONLY Trump Jr. being investigated, assuming there is any reason at all to investigate a politically attached person talking to a Russian...a lawyer at that?

None of this makes any sense. Trump had monetary business with Russia for a long time, he was a businessman for gawd's sake. I can even understand why the govt. would be looking into that. What I don't understand is why the govt. is doing that on the front pages of every damn newspaper in the world. Seems kind of fishy to me. Especially since he is the president.
I would think that in the best interests of the US, the govt. would investigate quietly until the actually had proof of wrong doing.

But hey, maybe there is some good reason (sic) why our own govt. thinks it imperative to slander the president, with no proof (yet) right while the US is possibly on the verge of WW III.

/e Inb4 it comes out that the lawyer that Trump Jr. was talking to was a business lawyer. :/

This post was edited by Ghot on Aug 11 2017 06:59am
Aug 11 2017 07:08am
Quote (Ghot @ Aug 11 2017 07:57am)
I would assume that they couldn't do it now with all this Russiagate BS going on...it wouldn't look right. It would LOOK like it was because of the Russiagate BS.
I guess my point is...what we have here is a Trump witch hunt being carried out by the democratic party. Which is doing a lot of damage to this country.

I just used Hillary as a comparison. Someone who definitely broke the law, vs. someone who it seems has done nothing wrong. Yet where is the weight of the US govt. placed? And more importantly, in a time like this (North Korea and such), why now?

If Trump Jr. did do something wrong, why is it being investigated...NOW, rather than when it happened?

I don't think Trump Jr. did anything wrong...I mean we have tons of people in and out of politics who talk to Russians. Why is ONLY Trump Jr. being investigated, assuming there is any reason at all to investigate a politically attached person talking to a Russian...a lawyer at that?

None of this makes any sense. Trump had monetary business with Russia for a long time, he was a businessman for gawd's sake. I can even understand why the govt. would be looking into that. What I don't understand is why the govt. is doing that on the front pages of every damn newspaper in the world. Seems kind of fishy to me. Especially since he is the president.
I would think that in the best interests of the US, the govt. would investigate quietly until the actually had proof of wrong doing.

But hey, maybe there is some good reason (sic) why our own govt. thinks it imperative to slander the president, with no proof (yet) right while the US is possibly on the verge of WW III.

/e Inb4 it comes out that the lawyer that Trump Jr. was talking to was a business lawyer. :/

Why wouldn't it look right to prosecute Hillary for crimes she committed, just because a special counsel is investigating the possibility that the Trump campaign colluded with the Russians? They are totally separate issues.

This "witch hunt" is being carried out by intelligence committees(led by Republicans) and the special counsel(who got hired by Trump's deputy AG). Saying Democrats are behind it just isn't true.
Aug 11 2017 07:21am
Quote (IceMage @ Aug 11 2017 08:08am)
Why wouldn't it look right to prosecute Hillary for crimes she committed, just because a special counsel is investigating the possibility that the Trump campaign colluded with the Russians? They are totally separate issues.

This "witch hunt" is being carried out by intelligence committees(led by Republicans) and the special counsel(who got hired by Trump's deputy AG). Saying Democrats are behind it just isn't true.

Ok, hold on.

I'm not saying the Democrats are behind it, especially since Congress is overwhelmingly Republican. I'm saying they started all this BS. If you go back and look at all the initial accusations...they were 95% Democrat.

My other point is that if our govt. sees fit to go after Trump with pretty lame ass reasons, why didn't they see (past tense) a reason to go after Hillary with the same gusto, for much more serious reasons.
Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
Prev13940414243445Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll