d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate > Russia / Ukraine
Prev1398839893990399139924521Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 8,580.00
Warn: 10%
Feb 28 2024 02:14pm
Quote (Djunior @ Feb 28 2024 08:11pm)
This whole thing is a really bad idea. This is not the US's Vietnam or USSR's Afghanistan, this is taking place on the Russian border and they never gonna let NATO take Ukraine no matter the cost (US would be the same if this was taking place on the US border, lets face it).

Clearly NATO provoked the invasion reaction, the whole "unprovoked war of aggression" is complete BS and the whole "Ukraine is free to join NATO" is complete BS as well. We're talking about geo-politics not about you're free to pick your gender kind of petty shit.

This is an old argument and a point which the "opposing" posters do not agree with. I agree with you and several others do as well.

This post was edited by ferdia on Feb 28 2024 02:14pm
Gold: 2,504.69
Feb 28 2024 02:15pm
Quote (Djunior @ Feb 28 2024 02:11pm)
This whole thing is a really bad idea. This is not the US's Vietnam or USSR's Afghanistan, this is taking place on the Russian border and they never gonna let NATO take Ukraine no matter the cost (US would be the same if this was taking place on the US border, lets face it).

Clearly NATO provoked the invasion reaction, the whole "unprovoked war of aggression" is complete BS and the whole "Ukraine is free to join NATO" is complete BS as well. We're talking about geo-politics not about you're free to pick your gender kind of petty shit.

u can read the early pages where i say Ukraine shouldn't be allowed in NATO, if you'd like. i dont disagree. i can call out some of the false logic of Russia while also agreeing the mess we're in is a terrible idea for the US to be involved in.
Gold: 6,061.70
Feb 28 2024 02:15pm
Quote (thesnipa @ 28 Feb 2024 13:09)
i just wish i was able to be as binary as you. anything anti-kremlin is pro-marxist. any context is justification and support. life would be easier if i could think that simply.

yes. it should have been done pre-war, and it should have been done when it was offered mid-war, but biden squashed it. both dire mistakes. zelensky could have sold donbas and saved millions while making billions. dumb move.

I told you. Literally every example of a "journalist" or "opposition" person killed has been a Marxist who has promoted the restoration of a Communist State in Russia. Pick one, look them up, tell me I'm wrong. Why would Russia tolerate that shit? You ARE binary. You say Russians should be free to promote Marxism, but why? They don't have the first amendment. We do though. What's that lead to? Journalists calling violent rioting "mostly peaceful" with burning buildings in the background? Immigrants being voted into office only to turn around and say their first priority, the people they work for, are Somalians? LOL. We're so much better!

Zelenski had no right to sell Donbas. The Donbas republics never acknowledged or accepted the rebel government in Kiev as their government. They declared independence in 2014. Kiev failed to conquer them, Kiev has no right to them. That's that. Here we are, 2 years later, and they're being liberated, exactly as Russia stated they would be. The question isn't what Russia is doing, or even what Ukraine is doing. The question is, why is the US or Europe involved at all, and why did the US AND Europe back the violent revolution that established the rebel government in the first place?
Feb 28 2024 02:19pm
Quote (InsaneBobb @ Feb 28 2024 02:15pm)
I told you. Literally every example of a "journalist" or "opposition" person killed has been a Marxist who has promoted the restoration of a Communist State in Russia. Pick one, look them up, tell me I'm wrong. Why would Russia tolerate that shit? You ARE binary. You say Russians should be free to promote Marxism, but why? They don't have the first amendment. We do though. What's that lead to? Journalists calling violent rioting "mostly peaceful" with burning buildings in the background? Immigrants being voted into office only to turn around and say their first priority, the people they work for, are Somalians? LOL. We're so much better!

Zelenski had no right to sell Donbas. The Donbas republics never acknowledged or accepted the rebel government in Kiev as their government. They declared independence in 2014. Kiev failed to conquer them, Kiev has no right to them. That's that. Here we are, 2 years later, and they're being liberated, exactly as Russia stated they would be. The question isn't what Russia is doing, or even what Ukraine is doing. The question is, why is the US or Europe involved at all, and why did the US AND Europe back the violent revolution that established the rebel government in the first place?

russia doesnt have 1a, so kill anyone you deem a marxist. what a wild position lol. im for more rights for russians, not accepting the lack they have lol.

as to the rest, i dont support our continued involvement, i dont even support our 2014 involvement. so idk why you're asking me. is this a quiz? banana?
Feb 28 2024 02:19pm
Quote (InsaneBobb @ Feb 28 2024 08:15pm)

To my mind this is a rhetorical question.
Gold: 100,701.50
Feb 28 2024 02:21pm
Quote (ferdia @ Feb 28 2024 09:14pm)
This is an old argument and a point which the "opposing" posters do not agree with. I agree with you and several others do as well.

The "opposing posters" fail to realize things are escalating further and further. Macron is now talking about NATO boots on the ground in Ukraine and Russia made it clear that in that case a confrontation will be inevitable.

What's wrong with people these days FFS, IMO it has to be that fucked up "woke" mentality in the West.

They're so woke and progressive that even mentioning Putin or Russia makes them froth at the mouth (not only in this topic but Western media etc)
Feb 28 2024 02:23pm
Quote (Djunior @ Feb 28 2024 08:21pm)
The "opposing posters" fail to realize things are escalating further and further. Macron is now talking about NATO boots on the ground in Ukraine and Russia made it clear that in that case a confrontation will be inevitable.

What's wrong with people these days FFS, IMO it has to be that fucked up "woke" mentality in the West.

They're so woke and progressive that even mentioning Putin or Russia makes them froth at the mouth (not only in this topic but Western media etc)

Ye I saw that. Even my government was saying some pretty stupid stuff. mental. The fact that they are saying it means they are preparing to do it. It really boggles the mind.
Feb 28 2024 02:26pm
Quote (Djunior @ 28 Feb 2024 13:21)

Yep. They'll justify their way directly into a nuclear war, and feel justified the entire way.

It's fun, isn't it?
Feb 28 2024 02:31pm
Quote (InsaneBobb @ Feb 28 2024 02:15pm)

Sergei Yushenkov- putin critic from a political party pushing for free market reforms and crushing cronyism and corruption. killed because he called for investigations into bombings he said the Kremlin carried out against their own people.

Alexander Litvinenko- former intelligence agent of the Kremlin, called out corruption and defected, converted to Islam and his father famously responded "It doesn't matter. At least you're not a communist."

Mikhail Lesin - rich asshole who fell out of kremlin favor, former Minister of Press and Mass Media to putin himself.

just all marxists, all of them, right?
Feb 28 2024 02:43pm
Quote (thesnipa @ 28 Feb 2024 13:31)
Sergei Yushenkov- putin critic from a political party pushing for free market reforms and crushing cronyism and corruption. killed because he called for investigations into bombings he said the Kremlin carried out against their own people.

Alexander Litvinenko- former intelligence agent of the Kremlin, called out corruption and defected, converted to Islam and his father famously responded "It doesn't matter. At least you're not a communist."

Mikhail Lesin - rich asshole who fell out of kremlin favor, former Minister of Press and Mass Media to putin himself.

just all marxists, all of them, right?

First guy was assassinated by who, exactly? Is this a journo/opposition who was killed by Putin?

Second guy died from poisoning in the UK after living their for 6 years and already making all claims he made. Blamed on Russia. Evidence it was Russia? Nope.

Thirdguy was killed in Washington DC, and the Federal Government claimed it was from falling while drunk until Steele blamed it on the Kremlin. Weird how you'd trust Steele, isn't it?

Nice try bud. Keep at it though. :)

This post was edited by InsaneBobb on Feb 28 2024 02:47pm
Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
Prev1398839893990399139924521Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll