d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate > Russia / Ukraine
Prev1398739883989399039914521Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 6,061.70
Feb 28 2024 01:39pm
Quote (thesnipa @ 28 Feb 2024 12:33)
No, im not a marxist. i dont support killing of people i disagree with. i support the free speech of nazis. principles are a good thing to have.

see bad vs worse. i can cherry pick and criticize US arms deals, and do. but there's a VERY short list of good arms deals for the russian side. who is a "good" russian arms customer? serious question. the US funds lots of places i'd say are subjectively "good".

that's a pretty big oversimplification.

-there was a groundswell ukrainian revolution brewing
-the US tossed some gas on it
-rebels take the capital mostly with casualties on the rebel side
-russian proxies retreat to russia
-donbas and other regions mount a counter insurgency with russian funding
-new rebel govt uses US weapons to try (and failed) to crush the insurgency

i think that last step specifically was a bad mistake by the Zelensky govt, it gave far too much pretense for invasion. he'd have been better off in the short term allowing them to act even as a nation within a nation while he shored up his new govt. those bombings were a bad move.

To the first point, you'll have to convince me marxists are people first. Isn't it funny how every time Marxists get in power millions die? When a dog goes mad, you kill it for the safety of all. The Marxist mad dog led to tens of millions dead in Russia. I'd say, given the toll it took on the nation, anyone attempting to restore communism SHOULD be killed.

To the second point, Russia isn't supporting and funding and providing weapons to people actively attacking the US. Weird that the US is doing all the above to those attacking Russia and the Republics it's attempting to liberate.

To the third part, just LOL. Attempts to justify a violent, West-Backed revolution, followed by the prompt ethnic Genocide of ethnic Russians is not gonna fly here. I'm okay with you supporting Ukraine. You don't need to try to re-write history in such a way that it's suddenly "virtuous". I'm more concerned that hundreds of billions worth of US Tax Dollars and hundreds of billions more worth of US Military Weaponry have been STOLEN from the taxpayer and GIVEN, not even loaned, GIVEN to a nation that isn't our ally, isn't our trade partner, and doesn't benefit the US Taxpayer in any way. :)
Gold: 2,504.69
Feb 28 2024 01:45pm
Quote (InsaneBobb @ Feb 28 2024 01:39pm)
To the first point, you'll have to convince me marxists are people first. Isn't it funny how every time Marxists get in power millions die? When a dog goes mad, you kill it for the safety of all. The Marxist mad dog led to tens of millions dead in Russia. I'd say, given the toll it took on the nation, anyone attempting to restore communism SHOULD be killed.

To the second point, Russia isn't supporting and funding and providing weapons to people actively attacking the US. Weird that the US is doing all the above to those attacking Russia and the Republics it's attempting to liberate.

To the third part, just LOL. Attempts to justify a violent, West-Backed revolution, followed by the prompt ethnic Genocide of ethnic Russians is not gonna fly here. I'm okay with you supporting Ukraine. You don't need to try to re-write history in such a way that it's suddenly "virtuous". I'm more concerned that hundreds of billions worth of US Tax Dollars and hundreds of billions more worth of US Military Weaponry have been STOLEN from the taxpayer and GIVEN, not even loaned, GIVEN to a nation that isn't our ally, isn't our trade partner, and doesn't benefit the US Taxpayer in any way. :)

cool you can dehumanize people all you want, i just have morals i guess.

as to the rest you're doing that thing you always do where you read my posts as "he supports this". i just provided context, then said i'm against violence, and you come out with "he supports it". lol ok. im personally anti ukranian aid, too. a ceasefire and ceding of land should have happened a year or more ago. the continuation of the war is predominately the fault of the Biden Whitehouse.
Feb 28 2024 01:50pm
Quote (thesnipa @ 28 Feb 2024 12:45)
cool you can dehumanize people all you want, i just have morals i guess.

as to the rest you're doing that thing you always do where you read my posts as "he supports this". i just provided context, then said i'm against violence, and you come out with "he supports it". lol ok. im personally anti ukranian aid, too. a ceasefire and ceding of land should have happened a year or more ago. the continuation of the war is predominately the fault of the Biden Whitehouse.

You have morals? Really? So your morals allow for attempts to restore communism to Russia? Weird morals. You claim you're not marxist, tens of millions of Russian dead, killed by their own communist government, would probably disagree with you. A few dozen journalists and politicians get killed to stop the cry to restore communism? No biggie. They are left alone to actually restore communism to Russia? How many millions more die? I'm not dehumanizing. You might be though.

You're against violence, but you're supporting the United States stealing the wealth and military firepower of it's citizenry to promote a proxy war against a nation that has done us no wrong. Against violence? Be real. You say you're not for it, yet every post you attempt to justify it, so that means you're really for it. Don't need to lie. I value blunt honesty, and I deliver it. Why don't you?
Feb 28 2024 01:55pm
Quote (InsaneBobb @ Feb 28 2024 01:50pm)
You have morals? Really? So your morals allow for attempts to restore communism to Russia? Weird morals. You claim you're not marxist, tens of millions of Russian dead, killed by their own communist government, would probably disagree with you. A few dozen journalists and politicians get killed to stop the cry to restore communism? No biggie. They are left alone to actually restore communism to Russia? How many millions more die? I'm not dehumanizing. You might be though.

you're the one who stated only marxists get killed by Putin, not me. many of those marxists are either in jail or not even in russia anymore, but still they die. to hear you speak it's as if they're in the moscow streets with an army at their back ready to topple the kremlin. hardly the case. but i get it, u hate free speech. or at least you hate it when it serves your goats you set. cool. im a free speech absolutist with almost zero exemptions, you're not, that's fine.

You're against violence, but you're supporting the United States stealing the wealth and military firepower of it's citizenry to promote a proxy war against a nation that has done us no wrong. Against violence? Be real. You say you're not for it, yet every post you attempt to justify it, so that means you're really for it. Don't need to lie. I value blunt honesty, and I deliver it. Why don't you?

i dont support it at all, and stated as much plainly. starting to wonder if u can read my posts. test test test, banana banana banana. what fruit did i say, just a test.

This post was edited by thesnipa on Feb 28 2024 01:55pm
Feb 28 2024 01:59pm
Quote (thesnipa @ 28 Feb 2024 12:55)
you're the one who stated only marxists get killed by Putin, not me. many of those marxists are either in jail or not even in russia anymore, but still they die. to hear you speak it's as if they're in the moscow streets with an army at their back ready to topple the kremlin. hardly the case. but i get it, u hate free speech. or at least you hate it when it serves your goats you set. cool. im a free speech absolutist with almost zero exemptions, you're not, that's fine.

i dont support it at all, and stated as much plainly. starting to wonder if u can read my posts. test test test, banana banana banana. what fruit did i say, just a test.

What does it take to summon an army to your back, exactly? Just a voice, judging by BLM and Antifa. Why would Russia allow Marxists to get out of hand? They were a communist nation. Communism directly killed millions of Russians. I'm not "pretending" anything. If you don't want Marxism to take over your nation, you kill the Marxists. That's how it works. You behave as though Russia should tolerate it. They shouldn't, and don't, and that's what's best for Russia. So you can drop the whole "OMG! RUSSIA KILLS JOURNOS AND OPPOOSITION!" Nah bro. They kill Marxists who seek to promote Marxism and restore Communism to Russia. And good. They should.

Weird that you keep attempting to justify actions you claim not to support. It's a pattern with you.
Gold: 268.37
Feb 28 2024 02:00pm
Quote (thesnipa @ Feb 28 2024 02:33pm)
No, im not a marxist. i dont support killing of people i disagree with. i support the free speech of nazis. principles are a good thing to have.

see bad vs worse. i can cherry pick and criticize US arms deals, and do. but there's a VERY short list of good arms deals for the russian side. who is a "good" russian arms customer? serious question. the US funds lots of places i'd say are subjectively "good".

i think that last step specifically was a bad mistake by the Zelensky govt, it gave far too much pretense for invasion. he'd have been better off in the short term allowing them to act even as a nation within a nation while he shored up his new govt. those bombings were a bad move.

Western Ukraine wanted (clearly) to align with the EU. South-Eastern Ukraine and Crimea clearly aligned with Russia. Isn't the clear solution here to partition one from the other?

It brings to mind the current situation playing out in Transnistria. Transnistria has never been ruled by Chișinău, doesn't speak the same language, and doesn't align with the Moldovan government's worldview. What is the argument for reintegration, exactly?

This post was edited by bogie160 on Feb 28 2024 02:04pm
Gold: 8,580.00
Warn: 10%
Feb 28 2024 02:04pm
Quote (bogie160 @ Feb 28 2024 08:00pm)
Western Ukraine wanted (clearly) to align with the EU. South-Eastern Ukraine and Crimea clearly aligned with Russia. Isn't the clear solution here to partition one from the other?

(it really is). Zelensky told the people of Eastern Ukraine to just leave. This was prior to the war. I linked the article a week or two ago in this topic. I guess he wanted some lebensraum in eastern Ukraine. Inconvenient that there were people already living there. A bit like Israel. For the same of proving the point I will scroll back for it.

found it: https://www.ispionline.it/en/publication/why-un-peacekeeping-mission-ukraine-doomed-fail-32116

This post was edited by ferdia on Feb 28 2024 02:13pm
Feb 28 2024 02:05pm
Quote (bogie160 @ 28 Feb 2024 13:00)

Democracy can't be allowed unless it's the "right" democracy. Didn't you know?
Feb 28 2024 02:09pm
Quote (InsaneBobb @ Feb 28 2024 01:59pm)
What does it take to summon an army to your back, exactly? Just a voice, judging by BLM and Antifa. Why would Russia allow Marxists to get out of hand? They were a communist nation. Communism directly killed millions of Russians. I'm not "pretending" anything. If you don't want Marxism to take over your nation, you kill the Marxists. That's how it works. You behave as though Russia should tolerate it. They shouldn't, and don't, and that's what's best for Russia. So you can drop the whole "OMG! RUSSIA KILLS JOURNOS AND OPPOOSITION!" Nah bro. They kill Marxists who seek to promote Marxism and restore Communism to Russia. And good. They should.

Weird that you keep attempting to justify actions you claim not to support. It's a pattern with you.

i just wish i was able to be as binary as you. anything anti-kremlin is pro-marxist. any context is justification and support. life would be easier if i could think that simply.
Quote (bogie160 @ Feb 28 2024 02:00pm)

It brings to mind the current situation playing out in Transnistria. Transnistria has never been ruled by Chișinău, doesn't speak the same language, and doesn't align with the Moldovan government's worldview. What is the argument for reintegration, exactly?

yes. it should have been done pre-war, and it should have been done when it was offered mid-war, but biden squashed it. both dire mistakes. zelensky could have sold donbas and saved millions while making billions. dumb move.
Gold: 100,701.50
Feb 28 2024 02:11pm
Quote (thesnipa @ Feb 28 2024 08:33pm)

This whole thing is a really bad idea. This is not the US's Vietnam or USSR's Afghanistan, this is taking place on the Russian border and they never gonna let NATO take Ukraine no matter the cost (US would be the same if this was taking place on the US border, lets face it).

Clearly NATO provoked the invasion reaction, the whole "unprovoked war of aggression" is complete BS and the whole "Ukraine is free to join NATO" is complete BS as well. We're talking about geo-politics not about you're free to pick your gender kind of petty shit.

Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
Prev1398739883989399039914521Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll