d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate > Russia / Ukraine
Prev1398639873988398939904521Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 8,580.00
Warn: 10%
Feb 28 2024 09:04am
Quote (Malopox @ Feb 28 2024 02:57pm)
This is not a video and neither am I quoting him as a source.

I did discuss his persona and his conviction for pedophilia with another person here.

Are you able to read English?

9:1.

Is that the current score, or what is it ? To be fair, I feel he has to admit to his mistakes for the score to be valid. I was very tempted to insert a Scott Ritter video (presumably thats what he was talking about) but CBA.

This post was edited by ferdia on Feb 28 2024 09:06am
Gold: 3,691.00
Feb 28 2024 09:09am
Quote (ferdia @ 28 Feb 2024 16:04)
Is that the current score, or what is it ? To be fair, I feel he has to admit to his mistakes for the score to be valid. I was very tempted to insert a Scott Ritter video (presumably thats what he was talking about) but CBA.

I have no idea what he wants.

He just arbitrarily attacks everyone in this thread with fake accusations and personal attacks. He has been suspended and warned for this multiple times.

I’m guessing he is speedrunning another 10%.
Gold: 11.11
Feb 28 2024 11:52am
Politicians in Moldova’s Kremlin-backed breakaway region of Transnistria have appealed to Russian President Vladimir Putin to “protect” it against “pressure” from Chișinău.

https://www.politico.eu/article/breakaway-moldovan-region-transnistria-invites-russia-invade/

Apparently this little strip of land produces an insane amount of weapons and they've been "illegally" exporting them for decades. Russia would love to gain these factories I'd imagine

Gold: 13.37
Feb 28 2024 12:29pm
I doubt this anschluss would ever happen. Not to mention Ukraine (UNA-UNSO) played the first violin in the conflict. Happy times when Ukrainian and Russian nationalists were working together, kekw.

This post was edited by Norlander on Feb 28 2024 12:33pm
Gold: 751.50
Feb 28 2024 12:37pm
Quote (Prox1m1ty @ Feb 28 2024 12:58pm)
When will they "win"?

they are right now
Gold: 6,061.70
Feb 28 2024 12:39pm
Quote (thesnipa @ 28 Feb 2024 06:46)
it's pretty simple really, stop making stockpiles of weapons and you'll stop being viewed as a threat.

Ah. So as NATO stockpiles weapons on Russia's borders, Russia is supposed to disarm and just hope that they aren't attacked based on a "trust me bro" promise?

At what point does it become unreasonable for a sovereign nation to listen to the edicts of other nations, exactly? The US isn't located on the same continent, the US stockpiles weapons, and the US is actively making itself a threat.

But it's Russia's fault. Always Russia's fault. How? Dunno. The US can involve itself directly in violent coups that overthrow the democratically elected governments in places like Ukraine, then use the nation as a proxy state for open warfare vs Russia, but omg, Russia should stop stockpiling weapons otherwise THEY are the threat. From a continent away. Pfft.

Hopefully the US war of aggression against Russia will either end soon, or at least our Congress can openly declare ware. Be nice to have what we've done be publicly acknowledged before the nukes fly, I guess.
Gold: 2,504.69
Feb 28 2024 12:53pm
Quote (InsaneBobb @ Feb 28 2024 12:39pm)
Ah. So as NATO stockpiles weapons on Russia's borders, Russia is supposed to disarm and just hope that they aren't attacked based on a "trust me bro" promise?

At what point does it become unreasonable for a sovereign nation to listen to the edicts of other nations, exactly? The US isn't located on the same continent, the US stockpiles weapons, and the US is actively making itself a threat.

But it's Russia's fault. Always Russia's fault. How? Dunno. The US can involve itself directly in violent coups that overthrow the democratically elected governments in places like Ukraine, then use the nation as a proxy state for open warfare vs Russia, but omg, Russia should stop stockpiling weapons otherwise THEY are the threat. From a continent away. Pfft.

Hopefully the US war of aggression against Russia will either end soon, or at least our Congress can openly declare ware. Be nice to have what we've done be publicly acknowledged before the nukes fly, I guess.

firstly, for context, i always operate under the premise of "usa = bad, russia = worse".

we violently coup dictators, they supply weapons to dictators. we silence journalists, they kill journalists. etc.

but to answer your question, 1992 or 1993 was the time. after Gorbachev said no mas that was the time to transition from the status quo if they wanted to change the relationship with the USA.

instead they all took off hammer and sickle hats, turned USSR proper into "independent states" they still largely controlled via proxies, and expected the world to look at them like something entirely new. when in reality as i said before it was a corporate restructuring.

they never stopped being a weapons czar, and worse yet shipped weapons world wide to free up cash. it was a firesale.

i'd view Clinton's actions as unwise and ill-advised. i wouldnt have done the same. but let's not pretend that Russia was on the precipice of reform had the USA not encroached on their border via NATO. they weren't 10 or even 50 years away from improving and demilitarizing. they have a GPD roughly the size of Italy and they're the #2 weapons manufacturer worldwide, they're bought in too deeply and that was never going to change.

so we have a nation which makes the 2nd most weapons worldwide, and sells them to anyone the USA wont. so any terrorist organization or dictator worldwide gets their weapons from Russia or a Russian proxy. but hey, totally not a threat worthy of the west defending itself against via NATO.

to be clear im not even pro-NATO, its just that the anti-NATO logic via russia in context doesnt track. a threat is a threat whether i think it should be guarded against or not.

and straight from Putin at the start of this war he said he feared a preemptive strike against Russia, and that's why he invaded Ukraine. lol wtf is even that? now Biden is gonna nuke Moscow so he invades Ukraine?

This post was edited by thesnipa on Feb 28 2024 12:54pm
Gold: 32,512.50
Warn: 10%
Feb 28 2024 12:58pm
The same NATO countries that were literally dependant on Russian gas?
The NATO countries that were unable to match Russias artillery shell output?

Those countries were the imminent threats to Russia?
This has been debunked countless times. Stop wallowing in contradiction.

At least spare us the torture of reading the words, just make djunior and post a high school geography map :D

This post was edited by Prox1m1ty on Feb 28 2024 12:58pm
Gold: 6,061.70
Feb 28 2024 01:01pm
Quote (thesnipa @ 28 Feb 2024 11:53)
firstly, for context, i always operate under the premise of "usa = bad, russia = worse".

we violently coup dictators, they supply weapons to dictators. we silence journalists, they kill journalists. etc.

but to answer your question, 1992 or 1993 was the time. after Gorbachev said no mas that was the time to transition from the status quo if they wanted to change the relationship with the USA.

instead they all took off hammer and sickle hats, turned USSR proper into "independent states" they still largely controlled via proxies, and expected the world to look at them like something entirely new. when in reality as i said before it was a corporate restructuring.

they never stopped being a weapons czar, and worse yet shipped weapons world wide to free up cash. it was a firesale.

i'd view Clinton's actions as unwise and ill-advised. i wouldnt have done the same. but let's not pretend that Russia was on the precipice of reform had the USA not encroached on their border via NATO. they weren't 10 or even 50 years away from improving and demilitarizing. they have a GPD roughly the size of Italy and they're the #2 weapons manufacturer worldwide, they're bought in too deeply and that was never going to change.

so we have a nation which makes the 2nd most weapons worldwide, and sells them to anyone the USA wont. so any terrorist organization or dictator worldwide gets their weapons from Russia or a Russian proxy. but hey, totally not a threat worthy of the west defending itself against via NATO.

to be clear im not even pro-NATO, its just that the anti-NATO logic via russia in context doesnt track. a threat is a threat whether i think it should be guarded against or not.

and straight from Putin at the start of this war he said he feared a preemptive strike against Russia, and that's why he invaded Ukraine. lol wtf is even that? now Biden is gonna nuke Moscow so he invades Ukraine?

So much there. Why is it when I look up "opposition killed" or "journalist killed" for Russia, it's always a Marxist agitator? Entire multinational conglomerate crashes, millions of people starve because of Marxist ideology, and the people who have picked up the pieces kill the people who seek to restore communism? Not bothered. Why are you? Are you a Marxist?

As to Russia being an arms dealer, so what? The largest arms dealer on the planet is the United States. Oh! That's right. Russia supplies arms to the people on the United States' shit list. Meanwhile, the US supplies arms to people like ISIS to use against Russian allies such as Assad's Syria. Nope, we've totally got the moral high ground here.

Russia didn't pick a fight with the US. The US backed and sponsered a violent revolution in Ukraine, the genocide of ethnic Russians in the Donbas, and is providing hundreds of billions of dollars worth of weapons to the people of Ukraine to fight Russia becase... Reasons bro.
Gold: 2,504.69
Feb 28 2024 01:33pm
Quote (InsaneBobb @ Feb 28 2024 01:01pm)
So much there. Why is it when I look up "opposition killed" or "journalist killed" for Russia, it's always a Marxist agitator? Entire multinational conglomerate crashes, millions of people starve because of Marxist ideology, and the people who have picked up the pieces kill the people who seek to restore communism? Not bothered. Why are you? Are you a Marxist?

No, im not a marxist. i dont support killing of people i disagree with. i support the free speech of nazis. principles are a good thing to have.

As to Russia being an arms dealer, so what? The largest arms dealer on the planet is the United States. Oh! That's right. Russia supplies arms to the people on the United States' shit list. Meanwhile, the US supplies arms to people like ISIS to use against Russian allies such as Assad's Syria. Nope, we've totally got the moral high ground here.

see bad vs worse. i can cherry pick and criticize US arms deals, and do. but there's a VERY short list of good arms deals for the russian side. who is a "good" russian arms customer? serious question. the US funds lots of places i'd say are subjectively "good".

Russia didn't pick a fight with the US. The US backed and sponsered a violent revolution in Ukraine, the genocide of ethnic Russians in the Donbas, and is providing hundreds of billions of dollars worth of weapons to the people of Ukraine to fight Russia becase... Reasons bro.

that's a pretty big oversimplification.

-there was a groundswell ukrainian revolution brewing
-the US tossed some gas on it
-rebels take the capital mostly with casualties on the rebel side
-russian proxies retreat to russia
-donbas and other regions mount a counter insurgency with russian funding
-new rebel govt uses US weapons to try (and failed) to crush the insurgency

i think that last step specifically was a bad mistake by the Zelensky govt, it gave far too much pretense for invasion. he'd have been better off in the short term allowing them to act even as a nation within a nation while he shored up his new govt. those bombings were a bad move.
Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
Prev1398639873988398939904521Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll