d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate > Russia / Ukraine
Prev1398439853986398739884521Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 32,512.50
Warn: 10%
Feb 27 2024 05:20pm
Quote (InsaneBobb @ Feb 27 2024 11:14pm)
"Eastern European" and "Former Soviet Union" covers dozens of countries. It does not mean Russia. Do not conflate the two.

Romania experiencing famine when they took an extra two decades to shake off their communist rulers doesn't mean shit when speaking about Russia.

There has been ZERO "foreign aid" given to RUSSIA in nearly 20 years. As I said, when we were still providing them "aid" it was in the form of assisting them in cleaning up and modernizing nuclear sites.

Russia has not had a food issue since the collapse of the USSR. Other nations, aka former soviet states, who turned anti-Russia and pro-west being unable to feed themselves when even Ukraine, the most corrupt former-Soviet state had no such issue says more about the West than it does about Russia.

Keep making shit up though. Eventually you'll stumble onto something smart based on luck alone.

So to attempt to prove your made up, bullshit point that post-communist Russia has dealt with "famine", you quote a source saying that the USSR had empty store shelves?

You do realize the USSR collapsed in 1991, right? It feels like you're being willfully stupid. Seriously. Make shit up all you want, just admit you're making it up. It's fine.

Stop misrepresenting what I said and address what I am saying. I never said they have dealt with famine. Let me break it down for you a third time.

My point is very obvious and very straightforward to understand unless you have some predetermined bias to never accept something that is clearly upsetting for you.
The foreign aid pumped into Russia after the USSR collapse prevented untold suffering and a far worse outcome. Famine could definitely have occured.
Gold: 6,061.70
Feb 27 2024 05:21pm
Quote (Prox1m1ty @ 27 Feb 2024 16:17)
Bring the sources champ.

Bring what sources? You're the one claiming post-communist Russia has issues feeding itself, when the exact opposite is true. Post-USSR Russia has been a net food EXPORTER, right up until sanctions prevented them from doing so.

I don't need sources to disprove your made up bullshit. I asked you to show where the US sent billions in famine support to Russia. YOU made the claim. Literally NOBODY ELSE made the claim. YOU made the claim. Dumbass.

Edit: Polite Reminder:
Quote (Prox1m1ty @ 27 Feb 2024 15:53)
By "told them to take a walk" if you actually mean gave them billions of dollars to prevent widespread famine, then yes.

YOU posted that. Nobody else.

Quote (Prox1m1ty @ 27 Feb 2024 16:20)
Stop misrepresenting what I said and address what I am saying. I never said they have dealt with famine. Let me break it down for you a third time.

My point is very obvious and very straightforward to understand unless you have some predetermined bias to never accept something that is clearly upsetting for you.
The foreign aid pumped into Russia after the USSR collapse prevented untold suffering and a far worse outcome. Famine could definitely have occured.

No, you made no point. You just made shit up to back up an absurd claim. Show some sources of what "billions" have been sent to post Communist Russia. Like, AT ALL. Because what we've seen recently is billions in assets STOLEN from Russian Citizens after their entire nation was frozen from the world bank. What the fuck are you even talking about?

This post was edited by InsaneBobb on Feb 27 2024 05:24pm
Feb 27 2024 05:22pm
Quote (InsaneBobb @ Feb 27 2024 11:21pm)
Bring what sources? You're the one claiming post-communist Russia has issues feeding itself, when the exact opposite is true. Post-USSR Russia has been a net food EXPORTER, right up until sanctions prevented them from doing so.

I don't need sources to disprove your made up bullshit. I asked you to show where the US sent billions in famine support to Russia. YOU made the claim. Literally NOBODY ELSE made the claim. YOU made the claim. Dumbass.

Its common knowledge there was mass food shortages. I just quoted a woman who worked in a supermarket in Moscow literally saying that to a NY times journalist.

What are you not picking up here?

Revisionist.
Feb 27 2024 05:24pm
Quote (InsaneBobb @ Feb 27 2024 11:21pm)

Edit: Polite Reminder:

YOU posted that. Nobody else.

100% and I stand by it. Your mispresenting it to then attack that strawman.

Do you but do better.
Feb 27 2024 05:27pm
Quote (Prox1m1ty @ 27 Feb 2024 16:24)
100% and I stand by it. Your mispresenting it to then attack that strawman.

Do you but do better.

There's no strawman. You made shit up, now rather than simply saying, "I made shit up" you're freaking out trying to defend yourself. See my above edit. Then show what "billions" have been sent to Russia and when and for what. Go on, we're waiting.

Quote (Prox1m1ty @ 27 Feb 2024 16:22)
Its common knowledge there was mass food shortages. I just quoted a woman who worked in a supermarket in Moscow literally saying that to a NY times journalist.

What are you not picking up here?

Revisionist.

When were there mass food shortages in post-communist RUSSIA? When? Give a date. Give ANY evidence. Because it is NOT common knowledge. If it WERE, I wouldn't be ASKING.

Edit: The "source" you quoted was from 1990. The USSR collapsed in 1991. Meaning you attempted to quote a source saying the USSR had food shortages. We fucking KNOW that. What the absolute FUCK does the inability of the Soviet Union to feed itself have to do with post-communist Russia? Seriously?

This post was edited by InsaneBobb on Feb 27 2024 05:34pm
Gold: 13.37
Feb 27 2024 05:32pm
Here's a photo of the said Univermag 19 in former Sverdlovskiy district of Moscow

Feb 28 2024 02:02am
Quote (InsaneBobb @ Feb 27 2024 11:27pm)
There's no strawman. You made shit up, now rather than simply saying, "I made shit up" you're freaking out trying to defend yourself. See my above edit. Then show what "billions" have been sent to Russia and when and for what. Go on, we're waiting.

When were there mass food shortages in post-communist RUSSIA? When? Give a date. Give ANY evidence. Because it is NOT common knowledge. If it WERE, I wouldn't be ASKING.

Edit: The "source" you quoted was from 1990. The USSR collapsed in 1991. Meaning you attempted to quote a source saying the USSR had food shortages. We fucking KNOW that. What the absolute FUCK does the inability of the Soviet Union to feed itself have to do with post-communist Russia? Seriously?

Educate yourself if you want to debate something.
Wait so your argument is that as soon as the USSR collapsed, there was literally no food shortages in Russia?
Literally the next day. Just, because? Or for some logical reason.

You have a real chip on your shoulder for an idea that everybody else knows is reality.
Try researching it and decide if that's still the hill you'd pick to die on.
Feb 28 2024 03:12am
Quote (Prox1m1ty @ 28 Feb 2024 01:02)
Educate yourself if you want to debate something.
Wait so your argument is that as soon as the USSR collapsed, there was literally no food shortages in Russia?
Literally the next day. Just, because? Or for some logical reason.

You have a real chip on your shoulder for an idea that everybody else knows is reality.
Try researching it and decide if that's still the hill you'd pick to die on.

"Educate yourself" as you conflate a collapsing nation with the Republic that replaces it.

Near as I can tell, based on historical record, the farmers were put back in charge of their farms and the truckers were put back in charge of their trucks after the USSR collapse, in Russia. And the government enforced that as policy. They didn't import much, based on historical record, regarding food, yet there was no 1992 famine. Why?

You tried to claim that the year prior to the absolute collapse of a communist dictatorship that there were food issues is the fault of the not-communists is a thing. That's not how it works. There was a multi-national conglomerate that collapsed. It broke apart. It was done, and so was the famine. At least for Russia. And Ukraine, and the majority of the Soviet Bloc. Weird that you talk about weird shit like famine relief. There was some sent. It wasn't sent, post 1991 collapse, to any nation that didn't make good with the UN and NATO. isn't that strange? The famines are only allowed for the guys who join us?

I have no chip. I like to try to understand the world. You clearly don't care about understanding. Merely us v them. That's sad. But I'll point out that I went out, in good faith, and put in the research time. Here's what I found...

You claimed that billions were given to Russia to prevent famine. The reality is that in the entire history since the fall of the USSR, the entire foreign aid package to Russia was $4.5 Billion worth of "reclamation effort" that boild down to NOT ONE FUCKING PENNY BEING GIVEN TO RUSSIA. We sent our god damned nuclear engineers to help clean up power plants and weapons depots to aid Russia not imploding. And the total monetary value at the time of all given support was about $3 Billion. No monetary exchange.

I EXPECT you to show what the FUCK you are talking about with your claims. I expect it NOW. Because the evidence I see is that EVERYTHING YOU SAY IS A LIE.

Stop lying. People who lie deserve a bullet in the brain. Who're you?

This post was edited by InsaneBobb on Feb 28 2024 03:12am
Gold: 751.50
Feb 28 2024 05:47am
when will the orcs lose?
Feb 28 2024 05:58am
Quote (JohnnyMcCoy @ Feb 28 2024 11:47am)
when will the orcs lose?

When will they "win"?
Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
Prev1398439853986398739884521Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll