d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate > Russia / Ukraine
Prev1396739683969397039714521Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 100,701.50
Feb 20 2024 12:28pm
So apparently anyone who uses his / her free speech rights in the United states to question the American war effort in Ukraine will be labeled a Russian propagandist by Ukrainian analytical platform Vox Ukraine

Even 84 y/o Ray McGovern is on the list

This post was edited by Djunior on Feb 20 2024 12:33pm
Gold: 751.50
Feb 20 2024 12:40pm
Quote (Gala @ Feb 20 2024 02:09pm)
You mean considering the documentary?
Nop it shows how civilians, children's, elderly are being slaughtered and it's more than the average censored documentary shows.
It's still not only gore and splatter type of thing.

I don’t know much about Azov. I’m not siding with them. Most of what I know is the media view on them that they are supposedly right-wing extremist military group yada yada yada, the terms could not be more extreme. Putin does not care though. He orders to kill a Ukranian child just as wilfully an Azov soldier.

the terms could not be more extreme, because thats what these scumbags are

literal nazis

if the focus is on the civilians i am going to check it out, but i dont care about another attempt to glorify azov, who are also responsible for civilian suffering

they bombed their own countrymen in the donbass, they fought to the last man may 1945 style against impossible odds while an entire city suffered
Gold: 4,404.67
Feb 20 2024 12:44pm
Quote (Djunior @ 20 Feb 2024 19:27)
:lol:

You're massively coping dude.

"I don't care for your arguments, if you disagree with my take, you're coping." :rolleyes:

By the way, I'm pretty sure that you were saying similar things after Russia took Bakhmut, about what a great and significant victory that was for Russia and how much Ukraine's position has deteriorated because of it. In the end, it didn't amount to much in the greater scope of this war.

The main thing that matters right now is that military aid to Ukraine is sputtering while Russia is receiving large quantities of Iranian drones, North Korean artillery shells and so on.
Feb 20 2024 12:51pm
Quote (Black XistenZ @ Feb 20 2024 07:44pm)
"I don't care for your arguments, if you disagree with my take, you're coping." :rolleyes:

By the way, I'm pretty sure that you were saying similar things after Russia took Bakhmut, about what a great and significant victory that was for Russia and how much Ukraine's position has deteriorated because of it. In the end, it didn't amount to much in the greater scope of this war.

The main thing that matters right now is that military aid to Ukraine is sputtering while Russia is receiving large quantities of Iranian drones, North Korean artillery shells and so on.

"The strategically important city of Avdiivka is now no longer strategically important" Got it :thumbsup:

@bold yeah what horror, Russia (crippled by sanctions, right?) teaming up with NK and Iran (two countries crippled by sanctions, right?) while Ukraine is being supported by the combined West + their allies like Japan, South Korea that were pressured to provide shells / military hardware

Wanna talk about sanctions again?
Gold: 4,404.67
Feb 20 2024 01:07pm
Quote (Djunior @ 20 Feb 2024 19:51)
"The strategically important city of Avdiivka is now no longer strategically important" Got it :thumbsup:

"The strategic importance of things and places is 100% static and cannot possibly change over the course of a war" - Djunior

@bold yeah what horror, Russia (crippled by sanctions, right?) teaming up with NK and Iran (two countries crippled by sanctions, right?) while Ukraine is being supported by the combined West + their allies like Japan, South Korea that were pressured to provide shells / military hardware

Wanna talk about sanctions again?

North Korea spends something like 25% of its GDP on its military while its people eat seagrass to avoid starvation, lmfao. The current situation is the first time in decades that their bloated military budget is good for anything - and that anything is helping a foreign autocrat wage a war on the other side of the globe which does jackshit for the common people of NK.

I never denied that the economic sanctions didn't cripple Russia's ability to wage war nearly as much as we had hoped for. They have mostly failed in this regard.
That the combined West isn't able to muster enough supplies for Ukraine comes down to a lack of urgency and political will, rather than a lack of ability.

This post was edited by Black XistenZ on Feb 20 2024 01:08pm
Gold: 20,065.00
Feb 20 2024 01:16pm
Quote (Black XistenZ @ Feb 20 2024 02:07pm)
"The strategic importance of things and places is 100% static and cannot possibly change over the course of a war" - Djunior

North Korea spends something like 25% of its GDP on its military while its people eat seagrass to avoid starvation, lmfao. The current situation is the first time in decades that their bloated military budget is good for anything - and that anything is helping a foreign autocrat wage a war on the other side of the globe which does jackshit for the common people of NK.

I never denied that the economic sanctions didn't cripple Russia's ability to wage war nearly as much as we had hoped for. They have mostly failed in this regard.
That the combined West isn't able to muster enough supplies for Ukraine comes down to a lack of urgency and political will, rather than a lack of ability.

I'm sure the Russians aren't paying them in hugs and kisses. Whatever they get from NK is probably repaid in fair value, whether it's currency or other goods. Can't really say the same about Ukraine-West dynamic. I guess they are repaying by privatizing large swaths of their public sector and farmland and giving ownership to the likes of Blackrock?
Gold: 32,512.50
Warn: 10%
Feb 20 2024 01:28pm
"teaming up with North Korea and Iran"

This is peak copium :thumbsup:
Feb 20 2024 01:29pm
Quote (Black XistenZ @ Feb 20 2024 08:07pm)

Ukraine will have to fight to take back their own fortifications (they stated they will).

If you really believe it no longer matters that the place is heavily fortified or strategically important then you're the one who's dense.

The Russians will obviously STILL regard it a strategically important city close to DPR's capital Donetsk and fight like hell to keep the Ukrainians out (and they won't be affected by Western propaganda stating the place is no longer important).

Quote (Black XistenZ @ Feb 20 2024 08:07pm)

If sanctions failed to stop tiny players like NK then how would sanctions stop the largest country on Earth (nuclear power / BRICS member / etc). Sanctioning Russia massively backfired but you guys can't help yourselves, look at this -->

https://www.reuters.com/world/europe/navalnys-widow-joins-eu-foreign-ministers-ukraine-war-nears-two-year-mark-2024-02-19/

Germany, Lithuania and Sweden were among EU countries calling for specific new penalties against Russia over the death of Alexei Navalny in a remote penal colony in Russia's Arctic.
Feb 20 2024 01:33pm
Quote (Prox1m1ty @ Feb 20 2024 08:28pm)
"teaming up with North Korea and Iran"

This is peak copium :thumbsup:

These three countries outproducing the entire West plus their allies when it comes to artillery shells is copium?

ouch man
Gold: 3,691.00
Feb 20 2024 01:33pm
Quote (ofthevoid @ 20 Feb 2024 20:16)
I'm sure the Russians aren't paying them in hugs and kisses. Whatever they get from NK is probably repaid in fair value, whether it's currency or other goods. Can't really say the same about Ukraine-West dynamic. I guess they are repaying by privatizing large swaths of their public sector and farmland and giving ownership to the likes of Blackrock?

Most of it was funneled back as de-facto "subsidies" for domestic military industrial tech. If it gets repaid, nice. If it doesn't - also not that bad as all these factories kept chugging along and developing new toys of war. It's all made up printed money that Treasury will just print/borrow again. Yeah you can probably do the usual spiel about sacrificing the dominance of the US dollar hegemony for shortsighted adventures, but alas, we are where we are. Russians have to spend commodity export surplus / goods / gold to transact for drones & artillery shells or whatever they are buying. NK/Iran is not accepting rouble unlike commodity suppliers of military-industrial complex happy to gobble up dollars in exchange for their steel/aluminium/chemicals. Barter trade is not equal to trading for reserve currency.
Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
Prev1396739683969397039714521Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll