d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate > Russia / Ukraine
Prev1396539663967396839694521Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 8,470.00
Warn: 10%
Feb 20 2024 07:48am
Day 722

Feb 20 2024 07:51am
It is my guess, that Russia will not move west of Kherson, Dnipro, or West of Kyiv, and Russia will probably be mulling over everything east of Kyiv depending on how the war goes this year. i.e. the more resistance Ukraine makes, the more likely it is that Russia will conscript more men next year and claim the lands east of Dnipro.

TLDR of these images: Russia has not shown a willingness to proceed beyond these lines (notwithstanding the push on Kyiv previously) yet Western media continues to spin a story of Russia's "goals" of invading europe. The media's fearmongering (such as the CNN opinion piece from yesterday) is removed from the reality of the lat 700+ days.

This post was edited by ferdia on Feb 20 2024 08:00am
Gold: 21,300.28
Feb 20 2024 07:54am
Quote (ferdia @ 20 Feb 2024 14:51)
Basically the TLDR here is, It is my guess, that Russia will not move west of Kherson, Dnipro, or West of Kyiv, and Russia will probably be mulling over everything east of Kyiv depending on how the war goes this year.

TLDR of these images: Russia has not shown a willingness to proceed beyond these lines (notwithstanding the push on Kyiv previously) yet Western media continues to spin a story of Russia's "goals" of invading europe.

Nobody knows that, but all threats, statements and actions indicate it's a possiblity and would make it extremely careless to not be prepared for worst case szenario.
Feb 20 2024 07:54am
Quote (BaHgerAUT @ Feb 20 2024 01:54pm)
Nobody knows that, but all threats, statements and actions indicate it's a possiblity and would make it extremely careless to not be prepared for worst case szenario.

its an opinion / assumption / guess, no one knows, one cannot attribute facts to future events when they may or may not occur. but i dont mind giving opinions and being proven wrong. When you look at the images, over 700 days, the western narrative "invading poland and europe under threat!" does not make sense.

This post was edited by ferdia on Feb 20 2024 08:01am
Gold: 3,691.00
Feb 20 2024 07:59am
https://www.cbsnews.com/news/russia-us-russian-woman-arrest-treason-funding-ukraine-yekaterinburg-fsb/

Russia says U.S.-Russian woman arrested over suspected treason for helping Ukraine's armed forces

woman had been "proactively collecting funds... which were subsequently used to purchase tactical medical items, equipment, means of destruction and ammunition for the Ukrainian armed forces."

Gold: 6,061.70
Feb 20 2024 08:02am
Quote (ferdia @ 20 Feb 2024 06:54)
its an opinion / assumption / guess, no one knows, one cannot attribute facts to future events when they may or may not occur. but i dont mind giving opinions and being proven wrong. When you look at the images, over 700 days, the western narrative does not make sense.

I tend to error on the side of taking the Russians at their word, regarding their intentions.

Did the Russians ever claim they'd wrap it up in 2 weeks? Nope. That was western journos. Did the Russians ever claim they wanted to conquer Ukraine? Nope. That was western journos.

Ukraine has pretty convincingly lost it's bid to conquer the Donbas Republics. What remains to be seen at this point is if they'll back off, or sacrifice what little is left of their male population in their defeat, leaving their nation defenseless and completely open to annexation either by Russia itself or the West.
Gold: 3,691.00
Feb 20 2024 08:11am
Quote (InsaneBobb @ 20 Feb 2024 12:16)
Nah. If both sides are utilizing the same tactics, that's the rules of the war. "War Crimes" tend to be dictated by the winner.

In the end, I doubt anyone, Ukrainian or Russian, will suffer any real consequences for treatment of POW. Primarily because that's unlikely to be a condition of peace when the dust settles.

And both Russia and Ukraine are famous for ignoring so-called "international courts". Like, the Hague can make all the pronouncements they want, but when has it's proclamations ever been honored by either nation, or it's judgements held teeth against their citizens?

Winners generally don’t get tried for “war crimes”. US has implemented “Hague invasion act” if any of US servicemembers or politicians ever end up in The Hague and has sanctioned ICC for attempting to investigate Afghanistan (https://www.hrw.org/news/2020/12/14/us-sanctions-international-criminal-court ).

Almost none of the allied winning countrymembers got tried for war crimes against axis servicemembers and civilians. Instead we make cool Hollywood movies about those war crimes like “Inglorious Basterds”

TLDR: losers lose, try not to lose.
Feb 20 2024 08:14am
Quote (InsaneBobb @ Feb 20 2024 02:02pm)
I tend to error on the side of taking the Russians at their word, regarding their intentions.

Did the Russians ever claim they'd wrap it up in 2 weeks? Nope. That was western journos. Did the Russians ever claim they wanted to conquer Ukraine? Nope. That was western journos.

Ukraine has pretty convincingly lost it's bid to conquer the Donbas Republics. What remains to be seen at this point is if they'll back off, or sacrifice what little is left of their male population in their defeat, leaving their nation defenseless and completely open to annexation either by Russia itself or the West.

There are no indications that Ukraine will back down, there is no precedent for this, they do not compromise. there are alot of indications that ukraine will see this to the bitter end, and will lose more land etc.
Gold: 6,061.70
Feb 20 2024 08:22am
Quote (Malopox @ 20 Feb 2024 07:11)
Winners generally don’t get tried for “war crimes”. US has implemented “Hague invasion act” if any of US servicemembers or politicians ever end up in The Hague and has sanctioned ICC for attempting to investigate Afghanistan (https://www.hrw.org/news/2020/12/14/us-sanctions-international-criminal-court ).

Almost none of the allied winning countrymembers got tried for war crimes against axis servicemembers and civilians. Instead we make cool Hollywood movies about those war crimes like “Inglorious Basterds”
https://i.imgur.com/ePAffms.jpeg

TLDR: losers lose, try not to lose.

I agree 100%. This is why I don't bring moral preconceptions to the table when discussing wars. It's a bad habit for anything other than rousing public sentiment.

Quote (ferdia @ 20 Feb 2024 07:14)
There are no indications that Ukraine will back down, there is no precedent for this, they do not compromise. there are alot of indications that ukraine will see this to the bitter end, and will lose more land etc.

Possible. Not the preferred outcome. If Ukraine does see it to the bitter end, the Sovereignty of Ukraine as a nation will likely end. Just be a question of how the nation is split up, who gets what lands. And judging from the Tucker/Putin interview, it seems like Putin has already put some thought into that.
Feb 20 2024 09:45am
Quote (InsaneBobb @ Feb 20 2024 02:22pm)
I agree 100%. This is why I don't bring moral preconceptions to the table when discussing wars. It's a bad habit for anything other than rousing public sentiment.

Possible. Not the preferred outcome. If Ukraine does see it to the bitter end, the Sovereignty of Ukraine as a nation will likely end. Just be a question of how the nation is split up, who gets what lands. And judging from the Tucker/Putin interview, it seems like Putin has already put some thought into that.

In previous interviews Putin had suggested that if things dont work out (they wont) then they might have to go back to take Kyiv (this appears long term, likely).
Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
Prev1396539663967396839694521Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll