d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate > Russia / Ukraine
Prev1395739583959396039614522Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 22,164.69
Feb 18 2024 05:42am
Quote (Prox1m1ty @ Feb 18 2024 05:40am)
Stop consuming content from convicted paedophiles and expecting others to agree that its a credible or useful source of information.

This isn't that complicated.

I can't believe you guys are still on this so I'm going to need to grab you by the scruff of the neck and demand an answer: What's worse, a pedophile or a nazi?
Gold: 32,512.50
Warn: 10%
Feb 18 2024 05:47am
Quote (Goomshill @ Feb 18 2024 11:42am)
I can't believe you guys are still on this so I'm going to need to grab you by the scruff of the neck and demand an answer: What's worse, a pedophile or a nazi?

How many Nazis do you consider credible sources of information?
Feb 18 2024 05:54am
Quote (Prox1m1ty @ Feb 18 2024 05:47am)
How many Nazis do you consider credible sources of information?

well the new york times interviewed one a few days ago as a credible source of information
but I can't help but feel like the bar for "listening to them talk and reporting on what they say" is a bit lower than "giving them billions of dollars and advanced heavy weaponry"
Gold: 8,470.00
Feb 18 2024 05:59am
Quote (Goomshill @ Feb 18 2024 11:42am)

I feel like i should just post a video of Scott Ritter every day for a month at this point, as it clearly triggers certain people. But the fact is a lot of his video's are simply wrong. My main takeaway over the last week is that Tucker held a podcast, we heard Putin for 2hours +, We have various assessments of the podcast and people are mulling over it. great. I would rather hear Putin give his opinion then shuffle around trying to figure out his viewpoint in the absence of this podcast.

and if people want to discount, dismiss or ignore the fact that there is a serious ultra-nationalist problem in Ukraine, which has never been addressed, fine, but don't cry about it in 20 years time. In all likelyhood it will remain a problem for Ukraine and not effect most peoples daily lives around the world.

This post was edited by ferdia on Feb 18 2024 06:02am
Feb 18 2024 06:23am
Quote (Goomshill @ Feb 18 2024 11:54am)
well the new york times interviewed one a few days ago as a credible source of information
but I can't help but feel like the bar for "listening to them talk and reporting on what they say" is a bit lower than "giving them billions of dollars and advanced heavy weaponry"

I asked what ones you consider credible sources.

Its also not a sliding scale from paedophile to Nazi on basing credibility. If your saying well yeah this state sponsored commentator is a sexual predator but he isn't gassing Jews then he is credible, then I would have serious reservations.

Honestly ya'll dropped the fucking ball with this one.
Feb 18 2024 06:25am
Quote (ferdia @ Feb 18 2024 11:59am)
I feel like i should just post a video of Scott Ritter every day for a month at this point, as it clearly triggers certain people. But the fact is a lot of his video's are simply wrong. My main takeaway over the last week is that Tucker held a podcast, we heard Putin for 2hours +, We have various assessments of the podcast and people are mulling over it. great. I would rather hear Putin give his opinion then shuffle around trying to figure out his viewpoint in the absence of this podcast.

and if people want to discount, dismiss or ignore the fact that there is a serious ultra-nationalist problem in Ukraine, which has never been addressed, fine, but don't cry about it in 20 years time. In all likelyhood it will remain a problem for Ukraine and not effect most peoples daily lives around the world.

Wow.

Conflating your defence of a paedophiles credibility with issue of Ukraine's ultranationalists?

Pathetic.
Feb 18 2024 06:38am
Quote (Prox1m1ty @ Feb 18 2024 06:23am)
I asked what ones you consider credible sources.

Its also not a sliding scale from paedophile to Nazi on basing credibility. If your saying well yeah this state sponsored commentator is a sexual predator but he isn't gassing Jews then he is credible, then I would have serious reservations.

Honestly ya'll dropped the fucking ball with this one.

I would say that if you hold someone being a pedophile to be grounds to scornfully disregard their arguments, its probably also a reason to do the same to nazis.
Personally I don't think someone being a nazi or pedophile has any implicit bearing on their craft. They can be right or wrong, prone to all the same failings or capacity for excellence, and still diddle kids or stuff jews in ovens. Its definitely a reason to doubt their judgment and personal/political beliefs for pedos/nazis respectively, but not necessarily the other way around. I mean, Von Braun got us to the moon and Polanski made The Pianist. Wouldn't trust the former with political decisions or the latter with kids. But I'd trust them on stabilizing rockets and cinematography
Gold: 8,470.00
Feb 18 2024 07:01am
Quote (Goomshill @ Feb 18 2024 12:38pm)
I would say that if you hold someone being a pedophile to be grounds to scornfully disregard their arguments, its probably also a reason to do the same to nazis.
Personally I don't think someone being a nazi or pedophile has any implicit bearing on their craft. They can be right or wrong, prone to all the same failings or capacity for excellence, and still diddle kids or stuff jews in ovens. Its definitely a reason to doubt their judgment and personal/political beliefs for pedos/nazis respectively, but not necessarily the other way around. I mean, Von Braun got us to the moon and Polanski made The Pianist. Wouldn't trust the former with political decisions or the latter with kids. But I'd trust them on stabilizing rockets and cinematography

you cannot reason with unreasonable people. well, you can try lol.
Gold: 100,701.50
Feb 18 2024 08:40am
Quote (Hobbiks @ Feb 18 2024 12:01pm)
Nobody has said Putin likes NATO so that's just you rambling again about Chrimea, something nobody has brought up. The justification he gave for the invasion, in the Tucker interview is however not NATO encroachment. I'm sorry you disagree with Putin on Putins justifications for the war, but I really can't help you with that. It's just a few hours of interview, you should really watch it.

It looks like you're not here to debate in good faith. It's obvious I said that in a cynical way. Like 100% obvious. It's my reply to Icemage who states that Putin talked about Ukraine being historical Russian which obviously means that Putin DOESN'T like NATO to gobble up Ukraine.

Crimea is a huge part of all of this and on topic here. Like 100% on topic. And you're not going to dictate if people here talk about Crimea or not anyway.

Because he is not a credible source, he is an admitted state actor who switched from one state to the other because he is a convicted pedophile who couldn't work in the U.S anymore. Imagine if i sent you a video from a Russian potato farmer who defected and was paid by Joe Biden on camera who said "Ukraine are certainly going to win the war." Why would you care? Its a random paid actor potato farmer. Are you saying you would take his opinion seriously, possibly even call him an expert? I personally wouldn't.

You've been saying this before so I checked what you said

-->

Quote (Hobbiks @ Feb 17 2024 12:56pm)
I mean I've asked this before but nobody can respond to it: Do you think it's important context that Scott Ritter stopped working for the U.S government and the UN not for ideological reasons but because he admitted and was convicted of sex offenses against children, and only then, when he got blackballed from establishment positions in the U.S, decided to become a Russian state actor?
It's called grifting, and again is not particularly unique.

Guess what really happened https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scott_Ritter

On September 3, 1998, several days after his resignation, Ritter testified before the United States Senate Committee on Armed Services and the United States Senate Committee on Foreign Relations and said that he resigned his position "out of frustration that the United Nations Security Council, and the United States as its most significant supporter, was failing to enforce the post-Gulf War resolutions designed to disarm Iraq."[20] Ritter said that Secretary of State Madeleine K. Albright had supposedly "blocked more inspections in 1997 than Saddam Hussein did," a charge which Albright disputed.[21]

Ritter was the subject of two law enforcement sting operations in 2001.[39]

Scott resigned in 1998 and was charged in 2001 which means one of two things 1) you don't know what you're talking about or 2) you're a liar who's been hating on Ritter here for pages on end SMH

Explain yourself

I have told you multiple times why Scott Ritter has absolutely no expertise what so ever, and you even agree with me that he isn't an expert. You have said as much yourself. Ritter has no expertise in Russian geopolitics, he has never worked with eastern european foreign policy and he admits as much himself. Nobody is saying Scott Ritter cant identify a missile (for the 48th time), but he is a state actor and a layman in terms of the conflict in Ukraine, these are just the facts. You can disagree with them all you want, but they wont change. Do you disagree?

Correction: In your opinion he should be disqualified from commenting because you don't like the guy therefor you play it on the man and use this forum to shit on him

Quote (Hobbiks @ Feb 17 2024 12:56pm)
My first academic thesis was a critique of the U.S war on terror, a paper where I quote the same Weapons Inspection team Ritter was a part of in 1998. You know absolutely nothing about my political positions and it's clear as day. You are arguing against a strawman and I genuinely think that is sad.

If that is true then you most definitely should've known Scott resigned in 1998. He quit lol

Scott Ritter is a state actor for the Kreml, he gets paid to hold speeches and he writes for state owned Russian media. Scott Ritter was also (as you have admitted and you point to as something positive) a state actor for the U.S in a military capacity. This is also not a secret, and has been discussed ad nauseum.

Nobody is cancelling anything, nobody has any pity for you, ^ferdia or Scott Ritter. You are not opressed. We are having a civilized discussion right now about Ritter, nobody is disregarding him or your opinion outright. Please get a grip and stay on point thanks.

A civilized discussion does not include bursting into this topic like you did accusing users here of blindly sucking up disinformation provided by a pedophile. Reap what you sow man.

Who needs to stay on point lol I got you desperately going from he's a US state actor to uhh never mind I meant Kremlin state actor and now it comes out you don't even know Scott resigned in 1998.

Nice PARD adventure man I pick you right apart just like I pick apart all the other establishment shills :thumbsup:

This post was edited by Djunior on Feb 18 2024 08:57am
Gold: 2,525.52
Feb 18 2024 08:54am
Quote (Goomshill @ Feb 18 2024 06:42am)

Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
Prev1395739583959396039614522Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll