d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate > Russia / Ukraine
Prev1395239533954395539564522Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 1,107.20
Feb 17 2024 12:36pm
Quote (Djunior @ Feb 17 2024 07:33pm)
Clearly I responded to your first post here and pointed out (taken from the Wiki page I linked) why his opinion matters.

Ukraine's NATO bid / Ukrainian neutrality YES that's what it's all about and was stated multiple times. NATO insists that Ukraine becomes a NATO member and Russia insists Ukraine must remain neutral as we all know (except you apparently)

"Clearly I responded to your first post here and pointed out (taken from the Wiki page I linked) why his opinion matters." - But you just said he wasn't an expert? Do you or do you not admit that Scott Ritter is absolutely not an expert in the geopolitics of Russia? Nobody here denies that Scott Ritter can identify a missile, that has never been a question that was up for debate.

"Ukraine's NATO bid / Ukrainian neutrality YES that's what it's all about and was stated multiple times." - So you didnt listen to the interview? The justification Putin gives has absolutely nothing to do with NATO encroachment and you would know that if you would have actually listened to it. You literally think that Putins position on the justifications for the invasion Ukraine is a different one than the one he explicitly had this week. I don't know if i should laugh or cry at this point.
Gold: 100,701.50
Feb 17 2024 12:43pm
Quote (Hobbiks @ Feb 17 2024 07:36pm)
"Clearly I responded to your first post here and pointed out (taken from the Wiki page I linked) why his opinion matters." - But you just said he wasn't an expert? Do you or do you not admit that Scott Ritter is absolutely not an expert in the geopolitics of Russia? Nobody here denies that Scott Ritter can identify a missile, that has never been a question that was up for debate.

"Ukraine's NATO bid / Ukrainian neutrality YES that's what it's all about and was stated multiple times." - So you didnt listen to the interview? The justification Putin gives has absolutely nothing to do with NATO encroachment and you would know that if you would have actually listened to it. You literally think that Putins position on the justifications for the invasion Ukraine is a different one than the one he explicitly had this week. I don't know if i should laugh or cry at this point.

I said no one here calls him an expert, feel free to flick through the topic to find out.

NATO encroachment is a fact and cannot be denied and it was pointed out multiple times that this is the reason.

Feb 17 2024 12:44pm
Judge Napolitano's latest roundtable with Larry Johnson and Ray McGovern

Inb4 kremlin state actor allegations lol

Gold: 8,470.00
Warn: 10%
Feb 17 2024 12:48pm
Quote (Hobbiks @ Feb 17 2024 04:49pm)
Me and others have explained to you multiple times why Scott Ritter is not a trustworthy source. If you chose to ignore those reasons or simply cant understand them then that is unfortunate. If you want me to lay them out for you again I happily will, but your arguments are just circular at this point.

Nobody is saying all men are sex offenders, but Scott Ritter is an admitted and convicted child sex offender, these are just the facts and they do matter if you want to understand why he ended up making propaganda in Russia.

explain to me why it matters.

i mean the US government is in bed with Nazi's, literally nazi's. help me understand why Scott Ritter's views on a war, are irrelevant, because he is a sex offender, or why him being a sex offender, who already paid for his crimes (afaik?), is relevant. is this wok-ism, is that what this is ? the priorities here are really hard to understand. also i really dont have an issue calling him an authority on the current conflict as he is following it daily. if thats not an expert, what is ? the amount of hours he is spending on this is insane.

This post was edited by ferdia on Feb 17 2024 12:50pm
Gold: 1,107.20
Feb 17 2024 12:56pm
Quote (Djunior @ Feb 17 2024 07:43pm)
I said no one here calls him an expert, feel free to flick through the topic to find out.

NATO encroachment is a fact and cannot be denied and it was pointed out multiple times that this is the reason.

So then, just to be clear: You don't think Scott Ritter is an expert. You agree that Scott Ritter is a layman and a state actor? You agree that Scott Ritter has absolutely no experience in Russian geo politics?

That's a totally different subject. Im wondering why you think you know more about Putins intention than Putin himself.
Feb 17 2024 01:05pm
Quote (Hobbiks @ Feb 17 2024 07:56pm)
So then, just to be clear: You don't think Scott Ritter is an expert. You agree that Scott Ritter is a layman and a state actor? You agree that Scott Ritter has absolutely no experience in Russian geo politics?

That's a totally different subject. Im wondering why you think you know more about Putins intention than Putin himself.

YOU suggested that Scott Ritter cannot comment on Russia/Ukraine because he was convicted of sex offenses.

You've been asked several times to explain yourself. Go ahead and explain it
Gold: 5,011.77
Feb 17 2024 02:51pm
Quote (Djunior @ Feb 17 2024 08:22am)
Your beloved president is a child sniffer and he doesn't even realize it because he's too far gone

Biden's been in public life for over 50 years and he's never faced a serious accusation of sexual misconduct, unlike Scott Ritter and Donald Trump.

Quote (Djunior @ Feb 17 2024 11:05am)
YOU suggested that Scott Ritter cannot comment on Russia/Ukraine because he was convicted of sex offenses.

You've been asked several times to explain yourself. Go ahead and explain it

People convicted of sexual offenses with teenage girls disqualify themselves. Usually people with a certain perspective can draw on many different people to back them up, so why are you stuck citing a convicted sex offender? Kind of weird man.
Feb 17 2024 02:55pm
Also in Tucker Carlson's interview, Putin did not focus on NATO expansion as the reason Russia invaded, but rather explained that the justification has more to do with his revisionist history perspective of how Ukraine is actually a part of imperialist Russia.

The NATO expansion canard comes more from the anti-American right-wing than it does from Russian decision makers.

This post was edited by IceMage on Feb 17 2024 02:57pm
Gold: 268.37
Feb 17 2024 03:14pm
Quote (IceMage @ Feb 17 2024 03:55pm)
Also in Tucker Carlson's interview, Putin did not focus on NATO expansion as the reason Russia invaded, but rather explained that the justification has more to do with his revisionist history perspective of how Ukraine is actually a part of imperialist Russia.

The NATO expansion canard comes more from the anti-American right-wing than it does from Russian decision makers.

Putting aside that Ukraine has the right to seek NATO membership (and no right to necessarily be admitted), the two are intertwined. Russians (including Navalny) see Russia, Ukraine, and Belarus as three parts of the same people. The urgency to act was that Ukraine was threatening to break away forever. Once it's in NATO, only a war with the West, one Russia cannot win, would pry Ukraine free.
Feb 17 2024 03:24pm
Quote (bogie160 @ Feb 17 2024 01:14pm)
Putting aside that Ukraine has the right to seek NATO membership (and no right to necessarily be admitted), the two are intertwined. Russians (including Navalny) see Russia, Ukraine, and Belarus as three parts of the same people. The urgency to act was that Ukraine was threatening to break away forever. Once it's in NATO, only a war with the West, one Russia cannot win, would pry Ukraine free.

Ukraine wasn't on a real path to join NATO though. The conflict was static in the minds of Westerners, there was no great political movement for Ukraine to join NATO.

Ukraine was breaking away in the sense of moving more towards Western economic ties, and perhaps that was enough for Putin to decide to bring Ukraine back into his vision of a great imperialist Russia, but Ukraine joining NATO is different than that.
Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
Prev1395239533954395539564522Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll