d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate > Russia / Ukraine
Prev1395139523953395439554522Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 5,011.77
Feb 17 2024 10:03am
Quote (ferdia @ Feb 17 2024 07:59am)
scott ritter was a marine, does that mean that all us armed forces are sex offenders?
scott ritter is american, does that mean that all americans are sex offenders?
scott ritter is male, does that mean all males are sex offenders?

I am not one to defend sex offenders, but i find it hilarious that certain individuals are discounting his comments and analysis for this reason.

LOL. Holy shit this is embarrassing.

This post was edited by IceMage on Feb 17 2024 10:04am
Gold: 100,701.50
Feb 17 2024 10:22am
Quote (IceMage @ Feb 17 2024 04:51pm)
Is the anti-American foreign policy space so empty that those idiots can't find someone who isn't a sex offender?

Your beloved president is a child sniffer and he doesn't even realize it because he's too far gone
Gold: 1,107.20
Feb 17 2024 10:48am
Quote (Djunior @ Feb 17 2024 04:22pm)
It's perfectly clear what I said

--> You moan about Ritter not being impartial and you don't even consider that you're lapping up everything that US govt officials throw your way

When you cross red lines there's a chance that an adversary reacts. This is hardly surprising and stuff that people like Ritter point out. He doesn't need to be an expert on Eastern Europe to do that ;)

It doesn't mean that Putin just wanted to grab land. Russia is the largest country on Earth and large chunks of it are still empty why would Putin risk all out war for a small % land gain it makes zero sense.

The claim that was being discussed was that Scott Ritter was some form of informed professional, which he is not. If you need or need not be an expert to understand these things is not really a discussion we have been having and frankly i don't know the answer to that.

"It doesn't mean that Putin just wanted to grab land." - Putin himself said that was the reason in his interview with Tucker. Again, you're not disagreeing with me on Putins intention in terms of the war, you are disagreeing with Putin himself. If you don't believe Putins justifications for his own war then I don't know what to say.

Quote (IceMage @ Feb 17 2024 04:51pm)
Is the anti-American foreign policy space so empty that those idiots can't find someone who isn't a sex offender?

Apparently not. Putin was talking about how the west is more pragmatic and progressive in his interview with Tucker and that the east is more spiritual and moral. Apparently spirituality and morality is recruiting some sex offender with no prior knowledge of the geographical area.
Feb 17 2024 10:49am
Quote (ferdia @ Feb 17 2024 04:59pm)
scott ritter was a marine, does that mean that all us armed forces are sex offenders?

I am not one to defend sex offenders, but i find it hilarious that certain individuals are discounting his comments and analysis for this reason.

Me and others have explained to you multiple times why Scott Ritter is not a trustworthy source. If you chose to ignore those reasons or simply cant understand them then that is unfortunate. If you want me to lay them out for you again I happily will, but your arguments are just circular at this point.

Nobody is saying all men are sex offenders, but Scott Ritter is an admitted and convicted child sex offender, these are just the facts and they do matter if you want to understand why he ended up making propaganda in Russia.
Gold: 49,320.00
Feb 17 2024 10:58am
Quote (Hobbiks @ 18 Feb 2024 00:49)
Me and others have explained to you multiple times why Scott Ritter is not a trustworthy source. If you chose to ignore those reasons or simply cant understand them then that is unfortunate. If you want me to lay them out for you again I happily will, but your arguments are just circular at this point.

Nobody is saying all men are sex offenders, but Scott Ritter is an admitted and convicted child sex offender, these are just the facts and they do matter if you want to understand why he ended up making propaganda in Russia.

I believe Hillary Clinton, John Bolton and Lindsay Graham are trustworthy sources.
Feb 17 2024 11:44am
Quote (Hamsterbaby @ Feb 17 2024 05:58pm)
I believe Hillary Clinton, John Bolton and Lindsay Graham are trustworthy sources.

Thats good for you! I don't know what that has to do with Scott Ritter though.
Feb 17 2024 11:59am
Quote (Hobbiks @ Feb 17 2024 05:48pm)
The claim that was being discussed was that Scott Ritter was some form of informed professional, which he is not. If you need or need not be an expert to understand these things is not really a discussion we have been having and frankly i don't know the answer to that.

"It doesn't mean that Putin just wanted to grab land." - Putin himself said that was the reason in his interview with Tucker. Again, you're not disagreeing with me on Putins intention in terms of the war, you are disagreeing with Putin himself. If you don't believe Putins justifications for his own war then I don't know what to say.

Scott Ritter comments have been posted all over this topic, no one calls him an expert and everybody recognizes that he's critical of US foreign policy (which I already mentioned). No one moans about it like you do. Get over it dude there are two sides to every story, deal with it.

Putin and various Russian govt officials have stated several times that the reason for the war is Ukraine's NATO bid and they also stated that a peace deal will have to include Ukrainian neutrality.

Russia doesn't need extra land they got plenty. The reason is Ukraine's NATO bid and the fact that lots of ethnic Russians live in Ukraine, Crimea has been Russian for hundreds of years /strategically important and Sevastopol (Russian naval base) that they don't want to lose to NATO.

Would NATO except it if it were the other way around? I don't think so
Feb 17 2024 12:09pm
Quote (Djunior @ Feb 17 2024 06:59pm)
Scott Ritter comments have been posted all over this topic, no one calls him an expert and everybody recognizes that he's critical of US foreign policy (which I already mentioned). No one moans about it like you do. Get over it dude there are two sides to every story, deal with it.

Putin and various Russian govt officials have stated several times that the reason for the war is Ukraine's NATO bid and they also stated that a peace deal will have to include Ukrainian neutrality.

Russia doesn't need extra land they got plenty. The reason is Ukraine's NATO bid and the fact that lots of ethnic Russians live in Ukraine, Crimea has been Russian for hundreds of years /strategically important and Sevastopol (Russian naval base) that they don't want to lose to NATO.

Would NATO except it if it were the other way around? I don't think so

I mean you have literally been defending him all day, you even said and i quote "Scott Ritter has extensive military background (intelligence officer in the United States Marine Corps and worked as weapons inspector in Iraq) which is why his opinion matters." - You literally think this laymans opinion matters, but you admit he is not an expert and he is a paid russian state actor?

"Putin and various Russian govt officials have stated several times that the reason for the war is Ukraine's NATO bid and they also stated that a peace deal will have to include Ukrainian neutrality." - This is not what Putin said just this week in the Tucker interview. Im assuming you haven't heard it since you don't know what Putin explicitly says is the reason for the invasion?

"Russia doesn't need extra land they got plenty." - Not according to Putin. Again, you're not arguing with my opinion, you are arguing with Putins intention. Again if you think you know Putins intention better than Putin then thats on you, guess you're gonna have to take that one up with him.
Gold: 2,525.52
Feb 17 2024 12:32pm
Quote (ferdia @ Feb 17 2024 10:59am)

Quote (IceMage @ Feb 17 2024 11:03am)
LOL. Holy shit this is embarrassing.

Although it gives me peace of mind that those are German opinions in 2024.
Feb 17 2024 12:33pm
Quote (Hobbiks @ Feb 17 2024 07:09pm)
I mean you have literally been defending him all day, you even said and i quote "Scott Ritter has extensive military background (intelligence officer in the United States Marine Corps and worked as weapons inspector in Iraq) which is why his opinion matters." - You literally think this laymans opinion matters, but you admit he is not an expert and he is a paid russian state actor?

"Putin and various Russian govt officials have stated several times that the reason for the war is Ukraine's NATO bid and they also stated that a peace deal will have to include Ukrainian neutrality." - This is not what Putin said just this week in the Tucker interview. Im assuming you haven't heard it since you don't know what Putin explicitly says is the reason for the invasion?

"Russia doesn't need extra land they got plenty." - Not according to Putin. Again, you're not arguing with my opinion, you are arguing with Putins intention. Again if you think you know Putins intention better than Putin then thats on you, guess you're gonna have to take that one up with him.

Clearly I responded to your first post here and pointed out (taken from the Wiki page I linked) why his opinion matters.

Ukraine's NATO bid / Ukrainian neutrality YES that's what it's all about and was stated multiple times. NATO insists that Ukraine becomes a NATO member and Russia insists Ukraine must remain neutral as we all know (except you apparently)
Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
Prev1395139523953395439554522Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll