d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate > Russia / Ukraine
Prev1395039513952395339544522Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 13,470.00
Warn: 10%
Feb 17 2024 07:59am
finally,

TLDR: If the likes of the above are "analysis" yet not able to give a proper outline of what Putin wants, based on his statements in the interview, then forgive me for not deeming their analysis relevant. The only relevance these video's have is in supporting the notion Russia Bad, Tucker Bad and lets continue with the war. They are playing in a narrative and are not neutral. Does Scott Ritter support Russia ? Yes, and therefore listening to all of these views (including scotts) you should be able to land somewhere in the middle.

i.e. If Ukraine does not negotiate a peace then they face the very real prospect of losing more then 1/3 of the their country, and that to my mind is what Scott Ritter has alluded to, but which is NOT immediately evident in the video. So thank you Scott Ritter for the analysis.

Ye and if ukraine loses 1/3 of its land then it is going to take a century and more to pay back all that aid (which is not free).

This post was edited by ferdia on Feb 17 2024 08:02am
Gold: 1,107.20
Feb 17 2024 08:21am
Quote (Goomshill @ Feb 17 2024 01:54pm)
I'm gonna type "Tucker Carlson" into google news and see what pops u-

https://i.imgur.com/5jFt8Ud.jpeg

So the first article is someone criticising Tucker for platforming an autocrat. In my opinion, critique is not "losing their minds", but this one is up for interpretation i guess.
The second one is an article tying some state actors who were around Putin and Tucker to Navalnys death. I don't know about you, but I think that's pretty interesting and it has very little to do with Tuckers interview.
The third article is about what Tucker says he saw in Russia. Hardly news in my opinion, but i digress, if this is "losing their minds" then "losing your mind" is so fucking tame i cant believe it.
The fourth one is again about what Tucker saw. I get that the U.S is a third world country and Tucker hasnt seen technology from 1998 but this is just reporting that he is getting mocked online.
The fifth article is quoting Tucker as he defends himself against possible accusations of being positive to Navalny dying. If you don't think Tucker should be allowed airtime to defend himself you sound like the one losing your mind honestly.
The last one is very similar to the fourth one. It's news value can be argued but it has nothing to do with his interview.

Again, if this is "losing their minds" then it's incredibly tame. Quoting his defense, talking about old technology that Tucker himself talked about, how dare they?
Gold: 32,512.50
Feb 17 2024 08:22am
Quote (Djunior @ Feb 17 2024 01:55pm)
You're taking a dump on Scott Ritter because he's not impartial I then replied what do you think, that actual US state actors are impartial.

You clearly realized your comment was shredded and refused to follow up which is usually the case when I shred your posts ^_^

Scott Ritter is highly critical of US foreign policy but actual US state actors are selling lies all day long it's sad to see their lap doggies lapping it all up unquestioned

Ah the old djunior strawman desperation defence. Well at least your consistent.
Where did I say any US state actor was impartial?
Quote me, I'll wait.

The last two commentaries I provided here were from a former Finnish prime minsiter who utterly obliterates Seymour Hershs realism narrative and Stephen Kotkin who dismantles Putins excuses for his disastrous invasion;
All the same reasons that you regurgitate so shamelessly.

As for Ritter we have just proven he is A a paid state actor and propagandist for the Kremlin. And B a convicted paedophile.
Yet your still defending him as a credible source.

I'm fully supportive of you digging deeper on this but my beat advice would be admit Ritter is a terrible source and post your kindergarten map again.

Gold: 1,107.20
Feb 17 2024 08:23am
Quote (Djunior @ Feb 17 2024 02:15pm)
Like actual US state actors are impartial sources LMAO

:rofl: :thumbsup:

-->

That's your first post here which is what got people scratching their heads and asking why Scott Ritter cannot comment on Russia/Ukraine when he's clearly got tons of personal experience regarding US foreign policy and military interventions in the past.

About your wild "Putin wants to grab land", who do you think has been expanding East for like 2 decades, Putin or NATO?

Scott Ritter is not an expert on eastern europe and has never claimed to be. Scott Ritter is however a paid state actor for Russia, who pretty openly makes pro-russian propaganda. Hardly unbiased.

"About your wild "Putin wants to grab land"" - Putin himself said that was the justification for invading Ukraine in the interview with Tucker. I guess you disagree with Putin about Putins reason for invading Ukraine now? Interesting. Not the poistion i thought you would have.
Gold: 11.11
Feb 17 2024 08:51am
Sea king bros, we made it!
Germany sending a pretty substantial military package:

3 SKYNEX air defense systems with ammunition* (previously: 1)
Missile IRIS-T SLM/SLS*
15 anti-aircraft tanks CHEEPARD*
9 air defense systems IRIS-T SLM*
22 starting devices IRIS-T SLS*
259,680 rounds of Cheetah ammunition*
artillery
36 wheeled howitzers RCH 155 * (previously: 18)
18 self-propelled howitzers 2000*
over 120,000 rounds of 122mm artillery ammunition *
over 200,000 rounds of 155 mm artillery ammunition*
14 wheeled howitzers Zuzana 2* (project jointly financed with Denmark and Norway)
helicopter
6 Sea King Mk41 multi-purpose helicopters with spare parts

https://www.bundesregierung.de/breg-de/schwerpunkte/krieg-in-der-ukraine/lieferungen-ukraine-2054514
Gold: 100,701.50
Feb 17 2024 09:22am
Quote (Prox1m1ty @ Feb 17 2024 03:22pm)
Ah the old djunior strawman desperation defence. Well at least your consistent.
Where did I say any US state actor was impartial?
Quote me, I'll wait.

The last two commentaries I provided here were from a former Finnish prime minsiter who utterly obliterates Seymour Hershs realism narrative and Stephen Kotkin who dismantles Putins excuses for his disastrous invasion;
All the same reasons that you regurgitate so shamelessly.

As for Ritter we have just proven he is A a paid state actor and propagandist for the Kremlin. And B a convicted paedophile.
Yet your still defending him as a credible source.

I'm fully supportive of you digging deeper on this but my beat advice would be admit Ritter is a terrible source and post your kindergarten map again.

It's perfectly clear what I said

--> You moan about Ritter not being impartial and you don't even consider that you're lapping up everything that US govt officials throw your way

Quote (Hobbiks @ Feb 17 2024 03:23pm)
Scott Ritter is not an expert on eastern europe and has never claimed to be. Scott Ritter is however a paid state actor for Russia, who pretty openly makes pro-russian propaganda. Hardly unbiased.

"About your wild "Putin wants to grab land"" - Putin himself said that was the justification for invading Ukraine in the interview with Tucker. I guess you disagree with Putin about Putins reason for invading Ukraine now? Interesting. Not the poistion i thought you would have.

When you cross red lines there's a chance that an adversary reacts. This is hardly surprising and stuff that people like Ritter point out. He doesn't need to be an expert on Eastern Europe to do that ;)

It doesn't mean that Putin just wanted to grab land. Russia is the largest country on Earth and large chunks of it are still empty why would Putin risk all out war for a small % land gain it makes zero sense.

Gold: 5,011.77
Feb 17 2024 09:48am
Quote (Goomshill @ Feb 17 2024 04:54am)
I'm gonna type "Tucker Carlson" into google news and see what pops u-

https://i.imgur.com/5jFt8Ud.jpeg

And could you explain why this reaction by news organizations is wrong?

It seems to me that Tucker embarrassed himself over in Russia... Putin mocked him during the actual interview and later on talked about how he was expecting harder questions. Tucker goes on to talk at some globalist event justifying Putin murdering his political opposition, and pretending every country's leader is just the same as Putin. Then he does a 180 and says Navalny's death is inexcusable.

I think the consistent position, from my perspective, is that Tucker is an authoritarian, conspiratorial hack, and people who are fans of him are the same. Those who believe in America and defend American ideals are not Tucker Carlson fans.
Gold: 5,011.77
Feb 17 2024 09:51am
Quote (Hobbiks @ Feb 17 2024 06:23am)

Is the anti-American foreign policy space so empty that those idiots can't find someone who isn't a sex offender?

This post was edited by IceMage on Feb 17 2024 09:51am
Gold: 11.11
Feb 17 2024 09:54am
But on February 4, 2024, this situation changed when the PRANA Network hacker group announced the successful email hacking of the shell company Sahara Thunder, associated with the Islamic Revolutionary Guard Corps.

According to this presentation, if fully localized, the expected cost of production of the drone will be RUB 4.4 million ($48,800). The costs are distributed as follows:

Wage fund – RUB1.9 million
Other expenses – RUB 400,000
Warhead – RUB 300,000
Electronic components – RUB 500,000
Rigging and metal – RUB 800,000
Composites – RUB 500,000

The ‘Lodka’ (Boat – ed.) project to establish the production of strike drones, which costs RUB 108.5 billion, involves the construction of a plant and the production of 6,000 drones at its facilities over 2.5 years

https://mil.in.ua/en/articles/child-labor-gold-and-iranian-spare-parts-how-is-the-russian-shahed-factory-arranged/
Gold: 13,470.00
Feb 17 2024 09:59am
scott ritter was a marine, does that mean that all us armed forces are sex offenders?
scott ritter is american, does that mean that all americans are sex offenders?
scott ritter is male, does that mean all males are sex offenders?

I am not one to defend sex offenders, but i find it hilarious that certain individuals are discounting his comments and analysis for this reason.
Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
Prev1395039513952395339544522Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll