d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate > Russiagate Gathering Steam?
Prev1394395396397398445Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 12,030.00
Oct 28 2019 07:39pm
Quote (thundercock @ Oct 28 2019 09:09pm)
I can't help that you're uneducated on his history. But in case you didn't know, he was the AG under George HW Bush, worked at the CIA, and worked in the Reagan administration.. He has made some pretty questionable decisions and has a checkered past (Iran-Contra, Haiti, etc.)

There's also the fact that he wrote that famous Op-Ed regarding Trump's authority to fire Comey. Sure, you could argue that he's a really strong proponent of the Executive but that doesn't really pass the smell test.

Uneducated on a random bureaucrat, lol. So his unfairness started when he was appointed by Trump? Gotcha now it's coming together, same old TDS.

Quote (Thor123422 @ Oct 28 2019 09:11pm)
When its easily accessible information on a current topic asking for that information shows youre expecting to have your hand held and therefore arent worth talking to.

I'm asking for easy accessible information on the topic which apparently no one can provide. Show that he historically has lacked integrity and was unfair? It's so easy that i'm sure you'll take the few seconds to find these results instead of typing a response w/o the proof.

This post was edited by ofthevoid on Oct 28 2019 07:41pm
Gold: 12,730.67
Oct 28 2019 07:52pm
Quote (ofthevoid @ Oct 28 2019 06:39pm)
Uneducated on a random bureaucrat, lol. So his unfairness started when he was appointed by Trump? Gotcha now it's coming together, same old TDS.

I mean, he's the AG....you should know his name just like Jeff Sessions, Loretta Lynch, Eric Holder, John Ashcroft, Alberto Gonzalez, Janet Reno, etc. I'm probably missing a couple from my lifetime, but they are the chief law enforcement officer of this country...

And no, I specifically said stuff that happened in the 80s/90s. How is that TDS?
Gold: 12,030.00
Oct 28 2019 07:57pm
Quote (thundercock @ Oct 28 2019 09:52pm)
I mean, he's the AG....you should know his name just like Jeff Sessions, Loretta Lynch, Eric Holder, John Ashcroft, Alberto Gonzalez, Janet Reno, etc. I'm probably missing a couple from my lifetime, but they are the chief law enforcement officer of this country...

And no, I specifically said stuff that happened in the 80s/90s. How is that TDS?

I do know his name, that doesn't mean once he becomes AG that i'm going to go deep dive research into everything about him. Not sure what sensible adult would do that, unless they have a lot of free time.

Time is finite, there's hundreds of things more important in my life rather than researching Barr. But since it came up now i looked at his Wiki. So what exactly there in your opinion shows his lack of integrity?

This post was edited by ofthevoid on Oct 28 2019 07:58pm
Gold: 12,730.67
Oct 28 2019 08:28pm
Quote (ofthevoid @ Oct 28 2019 06:57pm)
I do know his name, that doesn't mean once he becomes AG that i'm going to go deep dive research into everything about him. Not sure what sensible adult would do that, unless they have a lot of free time.

Time is finite, there's hundreds of things more important in my life rather than researching Barr. But since it came up now i looked at his Wiki. So what exactly there in your opinion shows his lack of integrity?

This all came up during his confirmation hearings. I didn't really research it, I just remembered bullet points I read during the time. I'll admit that I'm paying more attention to cabinet officials under the Trump administration than I have under previous ones because Trump is a rather unique president. I think this is the first time that I know who the head of HUD is and what not. As for past AGs, I know their names because they were involved with some controversial stuff (waterboarding, Fast and Furious, Clinton tarmac, etc.) I don't think it's THAT out of the ordinary but I come from a VERY political family so maybe that's why.
Gold: 5,016.77
Nov 22 2019 03:32pm
https://www.nytimes.com/2019/11/22/us/politics/russia-investigation-inspector-general-report.html

For example, the draft report also concludes that the F.B.I. had enough evidence to meet the legal standard for opening the investigation, though Mr. Horowitz emphasized that the bar is low, the people said.

The report is also said to conclude that Joseph Mifsud, a Russia-linked professor who told a Trump campaign official that Russia had damaging information on Mrs. Clinton in the form of hacked Democratic emails — a key fact used to open the investigation — was not an F.B.I. informant. That undercuts an assertion of conservative critics of the inquiry.

None of the evidence used to open the investigation came from the C.I.A. or from a notorious dossier of claims about Trump-Russia ties compiled by Christopher Steele, a former British intelligence agent whose research was funded by Democrats, the report concludes, according to the people briefed on it.

The article talks about the FBI lawyer who forged a document, and he apparently had anti-Trump texts as well. Also apparently an FBI official in New York committed some wrongdoing.

We'll see if the NYT reporting is accurate, but this is about what I expected. Relatively minor wrongdoing that probably happens on every major comprehensive investigation.

This post was edited by IceMage on Nov 22 2019 03:34pm
Gold: 10,485.00
Nov 22 2019 03:51pm
Quote (IceMage @ Nov 22 2019 04:32pm)
https://www.nytimes.com/2019/11/22/us/politics/russia-investigation-inspector-general-report.html

The article talks about the FBI lawyer who forged a document, and he apparently had anti-Trump texts as well. Also apparently an FBI official in New York committed some wrongdoing.

We'll see if the NYT reporting is accurate, but this is about what I expected. Relatively minor wrongdoing that probably happens on every major comprehensive investigation.

The report isn't out yet, and even the NYT article said that the report isn't even complete yet. This entire article is typical MSM bullshyt, as usual.
It employs the Dems normal: "said those familiar with the situation".

We also have Durham's investigation which has been upgraded to a criminal investigation, btw, to follow shortly after.
Nov 22 2019 04:03pm
Quote (Ghot @ Nov 22 2019 04:51pm)
The report isn't out yet, and even the NYT article said that the report isn't even complete yet. This entire article is typical MSM bullshyt, as usual.
It employs the Dems normal: "said those familiar with the situation".

We also have Durham's investigation which has been upgraded to a criminal investigation, btw, to follow shortly after.

Nov 27 2019 02:37pm
https://www.nytimes.com/2019/11/27/us/politics/fbi-trump-campaign-inspector-general.html

WASHINGTON — The Justice Department’s inspector general found no evidence that the F.B.I. attempted to place undercover agents or informants inside Donald J. Trump’s campaign in 2016 as agents investigated whether his associates conspired with Russia's election interference operation, people familiar with a draft of the inspector general’s report said.

Kind of amusing that at the end of this, both sides are left unsatisfied.
Gold: 22,720.48
Nov 27 2019 02:46pm
Quote (IceMage @ Nov 27 2019 03:37pm)
https://www.nytimes.com/2019/11/27/us/politics/fbi-trump-campaign-inspector-general.html

Kind of amusing that at the end of this, both sides are left unsatisfied.

So much for that bombshell that they were claiming. Again.
Dec 19 2019 01:45pm
In some Russiagate related news.... a total faceplant by Flynn and his lawyer:

https://twitter.com/bradheath/status/1206660945013100545

For Goom:

Flynn to be sentenced January 28th.
Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
Prev1394395396397398445Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll