d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate > Russia / Ukraine
Prev1394739483949395039514522Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 1,107.20
Feb 17 2024 04:20am
Quote (Djunior @ Feb 17 2024 11:16am)
Read your own posts again, YOU called him a state actor and you didn't use past tense. Get outa here lol

That was not a statement, that was a question and I stand by that question. Someone who is critical of a government can still be a state actor, it is even pretty common in authoritarian regimes to let some critical voices exist because they give the pretense of plurality where there is none. Why do you repeatedly refuse to answer simple questions?

Do you agree that Scott Ritter, the same person you claim is not a shill, was in fact quite literally employed by the US government? A simple yes or no will do.
Gold: 100,701.50
Feb 17 2024 04:21am
Quote (Santara @ Feb 17 2024 11:13am)
This drivel has been addressed in this thread ad nauseum. No need to do so again simply because you weren't paying attention.

What exactly was wrong? Have the Russians gone further after 8 months? No. No they haven't. They ground Bakhmut into dust, and you Putin aficionados gushed over Russia's great victory. Except for the Pyrrhic part. The western MSM painted it as unimportant loss, and indeed 8 months on, Russia hasn't turned it into a cascade of dominos.

What was wrong is that there's still a hell of a lot of fighting going on around Bakhmut with Russian forces trying to make progress towards Chassiv Yar.

And that there's been incredibly heavy fighting during the Ukrainian counteroffensive last summer that was defeated by the Russians like I already mentioned.

You make it sound like Russia stopped or were not capable of anything after Bakhmut which is not true.

Maybe you have to switch news channels mate, ditch CNN
Feb 17 2024 04:23am
Quote (Malopox @ Feb 17 2024 11:20am)
Let’s circle back to the comment you made about the video posted

This has no attempt to engage with the argument or discuss the topic at hand. Admittedly I didn’t watch that 24 minute video myself, however attempting to immediately disqualify whatever argument he is making immediately based on his conviction and time served - does constitute a logical fallacy.

You have given more nuance now and I thank you for that. Having said that - Scott Ritter does know more about military than I do.

If somebody brings here a public speech of one of Ukranian neonazis - eg Biletsky - I honestly would be very interested to hear what he has to say. I have read about his earlier escapades along the lines of fighting the semite-led untermenschen - perhaps he became more nuanced and polished with all NATO PR training given to him.

I don't think i ever disputed your claim to a fallacy. Instead i showed you your fallacious argument and kept it moving, as one does. If you want to discuss fallacies, just like Snowden or Assange we can, but that's not what this thread is about and if you read the past few pages you will see that the discussion is indeed about Ritter and very far from just fallacious arguments and claims (on either side).

"You have given more nuance now and I thank you for that. Having said that - Scott Ritter does know more about military than I do" - This is fair, and I 100% agree with you that Ritter knows more about missiles and weapons productions than I do. He knows about as much about eastern europe as a gopnik in Novi Sad, however (and claims as much himself).
Feb 17 2024 04:24am
Quote (Hobbiks @ Feb 17 2024 11:20am)
That was not a statement, that was a question and I stand by that question. Someone who is critical of a government can still be a state actor, it is even pretty common in authoritarian regimes to let some critical voices exist because they give the pretense of plurality where there is none. Why do you repeatedly refuse to answer simple questions?

Do you agree that Scott Ritter, the same person you claim is not a shill, was in fact quite literally employed by the US government? A simple yes or no will do.

So now he's still a state actor while you just said it was obviously meant to be past tense in your previous posts.

Sounds like you're just mad that there's people like Scott who take a nice big dump on the actual state actors, the delusional shit neocons in Biden's administration ;)
Feb 17 2024 04:26am
Quote (Djunior @ Feb 17 2024 11:24am)
So now he's still a state actor while you just said it was obviously meant to be past tense in your previous posts.

Sounds like you're just mad that there's people like Scott who take a nice big dump on the actual state actors, the delusional shit neocons in Biden's administration ;)

He is a Russian state actor, yes. He has been an American state actor.

Why are you rambling about Biden all of the sudden? I don't care of Biden and Ritter become secret lovers and move to Epstein island never to be seen again. This thread is about the Russian invasion of Ukraine and the best analysts you guys can contribute with is a convicted and begrudged pedophile who has no expertise in eastern europe and is paid by one of the actors in the conflict. It's baffling.

Last chance, after that i'll let you cringe at the fact that you cant answer this simple question for the third time: Do you agree that Scott Ritter, the same person you claim is not a shill, was in fact quite literally employed by the US government? A simple yes or no will do
Feb 17 2024 04:34am
Quote (Hobbiks @ Feb 17 2024 11:26am)
He is a Russian state actor, yes. He has been an American state actor.

Why are you rambling about Biden all of the sudden? I don't care of Biden and Ritter become secret lovers and move to Epstein island never to be seen again. This thread is about the Russian invasion of Ukraine and the best analysts you guys can contribute with is a convicted and begrudged pedophile who has no expertise in eastern europe and is paid by one of the actors in the conflict. It's baffling.

Last chance, after that i'll let you cringe at the fact that you cant answer this simple question for the third time: Do you agree that Scott Ritter, the same person you claim is not a shill, was in fact quite literally employed by the US government? A simple yes or no will do

I know everything I need to know about Scott Ritter https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scott_Ritter

You're not going to frame a question a certain way and demanding a yes or no bud.

Scott Ritter cannot be a state actor when he's not employed by the US govt in any way shape or form it's as simple as that. Moving the goalposts by saying wait I mean in the past is BS you lost the argument right there.
Feb 17 2024 05:12am
Quote (Djunior @ Feb 17 2024 11:34am)
I know everything I need to know about Scott Ritter https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scott_Ritter

You're not going to frame a question a certain way and demanding a yes or no bud.

Scott Ritter cannot be a state actor when he's not employed by the US govt in any way shape or form it's as simple as that. Moving the goalposts by saying wait I mean in the past is BS you lost the argument right there.

What part of the framing of the question do you disagree with?

Who is moving the goalposts? I stand by everything i have said up until this point, the fact that you think civilized discussion is a matter of win or lose is on you.
Gold: 13,470.00
Warn: 10%
Feb 17 2024 05:24am
can you not just post a video to enlighten us, the great unwashed.

if you cant post a video i will look later and post a few.
Feb 17 2024 05:39am
Quote (Hobbiks @ Feb 17 2024 12:12pm)
What part of the framing of the question do you disagree with?

Who is moving the goalposts? I stand by everything i have said up until this point, the fact that you think civilized discussion is a matter of win or lose is on you.

I disagree with you saying that Scott Ritter is a state actor and I clearly pointed out why --> Scott is not employed by the US govt and it's clear that he's critical of US foreign policy.

You frame a question by now including his past govt employment but it's 2024 bud and Scott is not working for the US govt.

You moved the goalposts by going like but in the past...

That he was convicted of unrelated stuff, which was the point I made when I first quoted you, is also not relevant here, what he has to say about the conflict is what matters.

Gold: 32,512.50
Warn: 10%
Feb 17 2024 05:41am
Quote (Djunior @ Feb 17 2024 11:39am)
I disagree with you saying that Scott Ritter is a state actor and I clearly pointed out why --> Scott is not employed by the US govt and it's clear that he's critical of US foreign policy.

You frame a question by now including his past govt employment but it's 2024 bud and Scott is not working for the US govt.

You moved the goalposts by going like but in the past...

That he was convicted of unrelated stuff, which was the point I made when I first quoted you, is also not relevant here, what he has to say about the conflict is what matters.

Nobody is suggesting he is a state actor for the US, he is a state actor for Russia. He worked with RT and pushes pro kremlin propaganda.

Do you even understand what a state actor is? :rofl:
Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
Prev1394739483949395039514522Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll