d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate > Russia / Ukraine
Prev1392939303931393239334523Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 7,462.30
Feb 12 2024 07:27pm
Quote (Prox1m1ty @ Feb 12 2024 01:52pm)

yes all countries have neo nazi's ...But Ukraine raised a neo nanzi fraction in their military and in their ideology ,,,Azov schools to train, raise kids... It is 1 thing to allow them in your military.. it another thing to have your military controlled by them.
Gold: 22,164.69
Feb 12 2024 07:41pm
Quote (doomchaser @ Feb 12 2024 07:27pm)
yes all countries have neo nazi's ...But Ukraine raised a neo nanzi fraction in their military and in their ideology ,,,Azov schools to train, raise kids... It is 1 thing to allow them in your military.. it another thing to have your military controlled by them.

And a significant political faction. The top military leader wants to build a political career after leaving Zelensky's regime and the first thing he does? Court the neonazis by posing with a neonazi leader under a bandera picture
Gold: 32,502.50
Warn: 10%
Feb 13 2024 12:11am
Quote (doomchaser @ Feb 13 2024 01:27am)

Quote (Goomshill @ Feb 13 2024 01:41am)
And a significant political faction. The top military leader wants to build a political career after leaving Zelensky's regime and the first thing he does? Court the neonazis by posing with a neonazi leader under a bandera picture

Pure irony.
Gold: 3,691.00
Feb 13 2024 12:28am
Ukraine deploying Azov to Avdeevka.

https://cisac.fsi.stanford.edu/mappingmilitants/profiles/azov-battalion

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/3rd_Assault_Brigade

https://www.forbes.com/sites/davidaxe/2024/02/11/ukraine-may-have-deployed-one-its-best-brigades-to-try-to-save-avdiivka/

Biletsky claimed it was Ukraine’s national mission to “lead the white races of the world in a final crusade…against semite-led untermenschen (subhumans)”

Lets see how they fare against “semite-led untermenschen”

This post was edited by Malopox on Feb 13 2024 12:35am
Gold: 100,701.50
Feb 13 2024 01:40am
Quote (Prox1m1ty @ Feb 13 2024 07:11am)
Pure irony.

You compare Hitler's SA (stormtroopers) parade to what looks like a bunch of civilians

The captured Russian soldier sporting Nazi tattoos is most likely a gang member recruited from the prison system

How are you trying to spin this, the civilians making the Z-symbol (which is not a Nazi symbol) must all be covered in Nazi tattoos or something?

This gonna be good

Feb 13 2024 02:08am
Quote (Djunior @ Feb 13 2024 01:40am)
You compare Hitler's SA (stormtroopers) parade to what looks like a bunch of civilians

The captured Russian soldier sporting Nazi tattoos is most likely a gang member recruited from the prison system

How are you trying to spin this, the civilians making the Z-symbol (which is not a Nazi symbol) must all be covered in Nazi tattoos or something?

This gonna be good

https://i.imgur.com/oT8iEyN.jpg

I mean its pretty trivial to pick apart
Do Nazis hold significant political power in Russia? Do they in Ukraine? Do Nazis have their own military unit in Russia? Do they in Ukraine? Do the leaders and politicians of Russia pander to the interests of Nazis? Do the Ukrainians?
Feb 13 2024 02:34am
Quote (Goomshill @ Feb 13 2024 08:08am)
I mean its pretty trivial to pick apart
Do Nazis hold significant political power in Russia? Do they in Ukraine? Do Nazis have their own military unit in Russia? Do they in Ukraine? Do the leaders and politicians of Russia pander to the interests of Nazis? Do the Ukrainians?

You mean exactly like Israel does?

Because when you say Nazi it's a lazy blanket term for ultranationalists intended to draw a response.

It's interesting that you have a moral grievance against arming Ukraine because of what you lazily say are "nazis" and yet Russian Ultra nationalists conducting ethnic cleansing in eastern Ukraine is totally fine and Israeli ultra nationalists defending themselves by leveling Gaza is actually something you support.

Who would've have thought that decades of repression and forced famine would create Ukrainian ultra nationalists opposed to Russian influence.
It's almost like British oppression of the Irish leading to the IRA.
It's almost like this happens consistently and regularly throughout history and yet in your view Ukraine is a special case of particularly nasty ultra nationalists.

It's almost as if we've seen an exact replication of 1930s German foreign policy mirrored by Putin in Ukraine. Annexation of Crimea is the mirror image of the Anschluss. Support for the DPR is exactly like Nazi support for Czech separatist groups.
And the invasion of Ukraine is the equivalent of the invasion of Poland to take territory by force.

And yet we have dishonest actors apologising for same the kind of tyranny almost a century later. Shame.

This post was edited by Prox1m1ty on Feb 13 2024 02:35am
Gold: 100,701.50
Feb 13 2024 02:52am
Ukraine is glorifying their Nazi past not Russia, this is a well known fact (Bandera monuments and national holiday see sources below).

The Simon Wiesenthal center criticized Ukraine for this back in 2018.

We all know about the far right Ukrainian brigades, Zaluzhny posing in his office adorned with Bandera busts / pictures and so on.

All Western MSM used to report on the "serious neo-Nazi problems in Ukraine" before Feb 2022 and now never mention it. Talking about dishonest actors :thumbsup:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Commemoration_of_Stepan_Bandera

There are numerous monuments to Stepan Bandera in different cities in Ukraine.[1] Monuments to Bandera, a Ukrainian leader of a split faction of the Organisation of Ukrainian Nationalists leadership, have been erected in Galicia, Volyn and partially in Western Podillia (administratively Ivano-Frankivsk, Lviv, Rivne and Ternopil region), but there are projects to erect monuments to Bandera in cities of other regions in the west of the country, in particular in Lutsk and Khmelnytsky.[2][3]

In December 2018 Ukraine's neo-Nazi regime decided to designate birthday of Nazi collaborator Bandera as national holiday --> https://www.wiesenthal.com/about/news/wiesenthal-center-harshly-4.html

The Simon Wiesenthal Center today harshly criticized the recent decision by the Ukrainian Parliament to designate January 1st, the birthday of Ukrainian wartime collaborator Stepan Bandera (pictured) as a national holiday.

Glorifying the person whose men committed countless heinous crimes is an insult to the victims and an unthinkable distortion of the history of the world’s most horrific genocide, said Dr. Zuroff.

Unfortunately in recent years, Ukraine has been one of the major propagators of a distorted version of Holocaust history which seeks to hide or minimize crimes committed by Ukrainian nationalists,” he added.
Feb 13 2024 05:33am
Quote (Prox1m1ty @ Feb 13 2024 02:34am)
You mean exactly like Israel does?

Because when you say Nazi it's a lazy blanket term for ultranationalists intended to draw a response.

Nope. Not even close. When I say Nazi I mean Nazi. There are all kinds of ultranationalists around the world that I don't have any existential grudge against. I don't have any bone to pick with Hindu ultranationalists chanting Jai Shri ram, and I don't have any bone to pick with the Khalistanis. Until they bring their conflict to my doorstep. Otherwise, you know what I think about their conflict? Nothing. Because its not my problem and I have no reason to care. Being a nationalist has no moral connotation, but being a Nazi sure as hell does. Anyone who chooses to be a Nazi in 2024 should absolutely be condemned and repudiated and I'm not going to bemoan a thermal optics drone dropping a grenade on their head.
And I can only wonder how many times I've said this before on PARD, but its really easy to figure out which ones are actually the Nazis because they're the ones waving Nazi flags, tattooing SS symbols and black suns and swastikas on themselves, posing with framed portraits of Nazis, and unironically handing out copies of the fucking Protocols of the Elders of Zion and Mein Kampf on the streets of Kiev while they overthrew the government. Because I guess they thought cryptonazism made hitler adoration so ambiguous that they just had to make sure that a decade down the line, folks like you couldn't employ a no true scotsman argument to try to deny their Nazi identity.

It's interesting that you have a moral grievance against arming Ukraine because of what you lazily say are "nazis" and yet Russian Ultra nationalists conducting ethnic cleansing in eastern Ukraine is totally fine and Israeli ultra nationalists defending themselves by leveling Gaza is actually something you support.

I don't have moral grievances, I have pragmatic geopolitical grievances, and last I checked America wasn't arming Russia to kill Ukrainians. Its not my conflict and I should have no reason to care. Unlike Israel who are US allies, under the US sphere of influence and protection, and vastly overproductive and achieving contributors to western society. I've heard of the Israeli bandage and RSA encryption and USB drives and the Iron Dome, all I've heard of Russia's historical breadbasket is that they live like Dilbert's Elbonian mudwaders except with more corruption. I have a thousand reasons why its against our geopolitical interests to support a losing war against Russia that doesn't secure any gains for us but destroys an entire country in the process.

But if I had to pick up a moral grievance, than I'd say America has failed in the past by being both too interventionalist when it serves no greater good like Iraq and Syria, and not interventionalist enough when we could have averted massacres like Rwanda and Serbia. And when it comes to the latter, I'd be generally inclined to say in a vacuum America should have a moral responsibility to quash a Nazi revolutionary regime that overthrew a democratic government and instituted a repressive tyranny. So if it weren't for the fact Ukraine's government is a puppet of our making, I'd probably support the idea that America should have invaded Ukraine and bombed the fuck out of the Azov Battalion, instead of Russia having to do it.
Feb 13 2024 06:11am
Quote (Goomshill @ Feb 13 2024 11:33am)
Nope. Not even close. When I say Nazi I mean Nazi. There are all kinds of ultranationalists around the world that I don't have any existential grudge against. I don't have any bone to pick with Hindu ultranationalists chanting Jai Shri ram, and I don't have any bone to pick with the Khalistanis. Until they bring their conflict to my doorstep. Otherwise, you know what I think about their conflict? Nothing. Because its not my problem and I have no reason to care. Being a nationalist has no moral connotation, but being a Nazi sure as hell does. Anyone who chooses to be a Nazi in 2024 should absolutely be condemned and repudiated and I'm not going to bemoan a thermal optics drone dropping a grenade on their head.
And I can only wonder how many times I've said this before on PARD, but its really easy to figure out which ones are actually the Nazis because they're the ones waving Nazi flags, tattooing SS symbols and black suns and swastikas on themselves, posing with framed portraits of Nazis, and unironically handing out copies of the fucking Protocols of the Elders of Zion and Mein Kampf on the streets of Kiev while they overthrew the government. Because I guess they thought cryptonazism made hitler adoration so ambiguous that they just had to make sure that a decade down the line, folks like you couldn't employ a no true scotsman argument to try to deny their Nazi identity.

I don't have moral grievances, I have pragmatic geopolitical grievances, and last I checked America wasn't arming Russia to kill Ukrainians. Its not my conflict and I should have no reason to care. Unlike Israel who are US allies, under the US sphere of influence and protection, and vastly overproductive and achieving contributors to western society. I've heard of the Israeli bandage and RSA encryption and USB drives and the Iron Dome, all I've heard of Russia's historical breadbasket is that they live like Dilbert's Elbonian mudwaders except with more corruption. I have a thousand reasons why its against our geopolitical interests to support a losing war against Russia that doesn't secure any gains for us but destroys an entire country in the process.

But if I had to pick up a moral grievance, than I'd say America has failed in the past by being both too interventionalist when it serves no greater good like Iraq and Syria, and not interventionalist enough when we could have averted massacres like Rwanda and Serbia. And when it comes to the latter, I'd be generally inclined to say in a vacuum America should have a moral responsibility to quash a Nazi revolutionary regime that overthrew a democratic government and instituted a repressive tyranny. So if it weren't for the fact Ukraine's government is a puppet of our making, I'd probably support the idea that America should have invaded Ukraine and bombed the fuck out of the Azov Battalion, instead of Russia having to do it.

Refuse to read this unless you make a single line break.
I can gather from the first sentence that your doubling down on your hypocritical position, which leaves little room for constructive debate.

I'll just assume that you deride some ultra nationalists but apologise for other ultra nationalists.

This post was edited by Prox1m1ty on Feb 13 2024 06:13am
Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
Prev1392939303931393239334523Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll