d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate > Russia / Ukraine
Prev1392539263927392839294523Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 3,691.00
Feb 11 2024 10:07am
Gold: 7,398.00
Feb 11 2024 10:20am
Quote (Malopox @ Feb 11 2024 05:07pm)

To be fair, BBC is still better than 99%of tabloids in the west. I prefer them over our own German ones. They still do the reporting format which is a completely alien concept to the other outlets by now.

This post was edited by babun1024 on Feb 11 2024 10:20am
Gold: 100,701.50
Feb 11 2024 10:21am
Quote (Prox1m1ty @ Feb 11 2024 04:55pm)
Those are trash tabloid papers. You and ^ferdia are using those as examples to create a generalised narrative of the entire British media, which is false. I assume you just don't understand how these papers are viewed in Britain. I would have thought Ferdia does understand and so he is intentionally creating a dishonest narrative.
Most brits wouldn't wipe their arse with the Daily express, The Sun or the Daily Mail.

People buy those because they put a topless woman on the third page, they don't buy them for accurate and intellectual commentaries on geopolitics.

Don't even try we all know the British love their trash tabloids why do you think there are so many tabloids in the UK, because no one buys them?

Feb 11 2024 10:25am
Quote (babun1024 @ 11 Feb 2024 17:20)
To be fair, BBC is still better than 99%of tabloids in the west. I prefer them over our own German ones. They still do the reporting format which is a completely alien concept to the other outlets by now.

While I do agree with you that BBC is probably one of the few last outlets that attempts to bona-fide report on events instead of spreading propaganda, they have not been entirely objective and without bias when it comes to Russia/Ukraine war. The example I posted above is one of them.

Can I blame them? Probably not, they are after all a government owned media agency that is supposed to reinforce foreign interests of the United Kingdom.
Feb 11 2024 10:30am
Quote (Malopox @ Feb 11 2024 05:25pm)
While I do agree with you that BBC is probably one of the few last outlets that attempts to bona-fide report on events instead of spreading propaganda, they have not been entirely objective and without bias when it comes to Russia/Ukraine war. The example I posted above is one of them.

Can I blame them? Probably not, they are after all a government owned media agency that is supposed to reinforce foreign interests of the United Kingdom.

Well, you could make the same case for Russian outlets. They probably report fairy tales and the complete opposite of western MSM with even less amount of truth. BBC is as good as it gets.

This post was edited by babun1024 on Feb 11 2024 10:30am
Feb 11 2024 10:56am
Quote (babun1024 @ 11 Feb 2024 17:30)
Well, you could make the same case for Russian outlets. They probably report fairy tales and the complete opposite of western MSM with even less amount of truth. BBC is as good as it gets.

I’m sure Russian owned outlets would try to further Russian foreign interests. After all the one paying salaries usually sets the editorial agenda. Having said that - I can’t access many out of Europe as they are outright banned (eg Russia Today).

Having said that - I prefer to rely on data / professional sources such as export/import data and Platts/Argus paid editorials as well as personal accounts of people I know when it comes to understanding a piece of news about a country. Eg if something comes up about China - you would want to ask a Chinese. If it’s US related - you probably want an American to opine on their domestic issues.
Feb 11 2024 11:02am
It’s a shame there aren’t many Ukranians posting in this thread as it would be nice to get their take on events we are discussing.

There was that one guy that constantly makes multis ( ) , but his latest one got banned so he is out for a few months I guess.

This post was edited by Malopox on Feb 11 2024 11:08am
Gold: 32,502.50
Warn: 10%
Feb 11 2024 11:04am
Fucking guys quoting himself :rofl:
Gold: 13,520.00
Warn: 10%
Feb 11 2024 11:11am
The BBC was the international standard of excellence in broadcasting. It has been hammered repeatedly by the conservatives for reporting on facts that they don't like, and there were, and remain, serious concerns as to its future identity - We already touched on this point last year. There is no new development here. It is a fact that the English love their tabloids, and were swayed by lies from their politicians and tabloid headlines that were misleading, which culminated in Brexit. No political party championed Remain and the BBC and the wider media in England, either did a piss poor job of fact checking and holding people to account when they lied, or simply lied along side them.

Undoubtedly, Russian media is worse. In a repressed country (such as Russia) the papers / news outlets would have even less ability to post real news and are more likely to post and broadcast only what they are allowed to, by the government (Putin). To compare English Media to Russian media is like comparing what the Nazi's did to the Jews to what the Jews are now doing to the Palestinians, i.e. if you dont want to be compared, then dont do the same shit, and dont compare what you are doing to something terrible as its the wrong standard to have. No one seeking to justify the shit show that is english media should compare it to russian media. thats just dumb. Equally nobody seeking to defend Israel's genocide of the Palestinians should compare it to ww2.

England, like Israel, should strive to be better, in this regard that means the respective watchdogs should fine these shit outlets/politicians/armed forces etc. that commit acts unbecoming. This should all be common sense. common sense is an oxymoron in this day and age, apparently.

Quote (Malopox @ Feb 11 2024 05:02pm)
It’s a shame there aren’t many Ukranians posting in this thread as it would be nice to get their take on events we are discussing.

There was that one guy that constantly makes multis (^lvivz ^palasan ^uber23 ^randomredditguy) , but his latest one got banned so he is out for a few months I guess.

pretty sure he was on 10+ multi's tbh.

This post was edited by ferdia on Feb 11 2024 11:13am
Feb 11 2024 11:12am
Quote (Malopox @ Feb 11 2024 05:56pm)
I’m sure Russian owned outlets would try to further Russian foreign interests. After all the one paying salaries usually sets the editorial agenda. Having said that - I can’t access many out of Europe as they are outright banned (eg Russia Today).

Having said that - I prefer to rely on data / professional sources such as export/import data and Platts/Argus paid editorials as well as personal accounts of people I know when it comes to understanding a piece of news about a country. Eg if something comes up about China - you would want to ask a Chinese. If it’s US related - you probably want an American to opine on their domestic issues.

I really hope you're not in your thirties like the majourity here. The take is naive to say the least.

Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
Prev1392539263927392839294523Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll