d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate > Russia / Ukraine
Prev1391539163917391839194522Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 49,320.00
Feb 7 2024 01:51pm
This post is a violation of the site rules and appropriate action was taken.

Quote (Prox1m1ty @ 8 Feb 2024 03:48)
:rofl:

That's the reaction when you look at yourself every single morning in the mirror while brushing your teeth. :lol:
Gold: 7,516.70
Warn: 10%
Feb 7 2024 01:52pm
This post is a violation of the site rules and appropriate action was taken.

Quote (ferdia @ 7 Feb 2024 13:54)
OK, I think it is fair to say I gave you ample opportunities to support the claim you made, users helped you with 2 out of 12 examples, but you refuse, or are unable, to name 10 more. Noting that we have gone a bit off topic here, I am bringing this to a close.

Obviously,

Ferdia 1
Crunkt 0

It could easily have been Crunkt 1 Ferdia 0, there might have been 10 other countries that fell into that catagory and you could have won, but alas, here we are. no hard feelings.

frame it and jerk off to it later, right after you learn how to read the wikipedia article I posted

thanks

Gold: 32,512.50
Feb 7 2024 01:53pm
Quote (Hamsterbaby @ Feb 7 2024 07:51pm)
That's the reaction when you look at yourself every single morning in the mirror while brushing your teeth. :lol:

:thumbsup:
Gold: 11.11
Feb 7 2024 03:25pm
Adiivka is turning into an undefendable salient, I guess thats why there's rumours of mines being placed into all the infrastructure..

Gold: 6,061.70
Feb 7 2024 03:33pm
Quote (Goomshill @ 7 Feb 2024 06:33)
Iran, Russia and even North Korea are all relatively self-sufficient. It gives them a staying power and resistance to external pressures, that's for sure, but it doesn't make them competitive on a world stage. There's a big difference between isolationist world powers and those vying for influence.
If I pick subterranean democracy and camp out in a small corner of the galaxy map researching my way up to plasma cannons and zortrium armor before I'm ready to move out, I'm going to lose to someone expanding rapidly with their tolerant lithovores and taking over half the map

Its not necessarily just a measure of resources either. Germany could meet their own energy and food need, their policies have sabotaged that. America does meet its own energy and food needs, but it employs those resources in dominating the world.
Russia has been isolationist to a fault, ceded the baltic states and most of their empire in the post soviet era and hasn't wielded their energy exports as aggressively as even far smaller and less armed arab states have. Russia's only wars have been fought to hang onto territory in its own back yard, in checknya and ukraine, and they're barely able to keep the peace on their eastern front as the nagorno karabakh kept popping off. They stopped playing the expansionist game and NATO expanded right to their doorstep, and surprise surprise we put a foot firmly in their door and pried it open and tried to seize Russia's granaries by force.

The primary reasons all three nations aren't massive forces in the global economy boils down to the EU and US sanctioning them and preventing them from transacting on an equal footing. There is huge strength in being self-sufficient prior to dealing with the rest of the world. And it's no shock why both Iran and Russia are talking about upping their weapons and military gains in upcoming years.

How long does NATO believe they can keep their boot on the throats of hundreds of millions of people before it leads to war? And how stupid would it be not to understand that? The West has been pushing for another big war and wants it to be one that is relatively certain to end in victory. It's why there's no challenges vs china, Iran and Russia are the focus. The west has spent the last 30 years surrounding Russia with troops and weapons pointed directly at Moscow, and the last 10 years imposing sanctions to cut Russia off from global trade. Throw in a puppet government that will genocide ethnic Russians and POOF! War, caused by the west, blamed on Russia, and the perfect excuse to accomplish the goal the warhawks have sought for decades.
Gold: 32,512.50
Feb 7 2024 04:08pm
Quote (zorzin @ Feb 7 2024 09:25pm)
Adiivka is turning into an undefendable salient, I guess thats why there's rumours of mines being placed into all the infrastructure..

https://i.postimg.cc/BvGhqdnN/1707312189976929m.jpg

Should only be a matter of time before Ukraine retreat from Avdiivka. Only two years into the 10 day special military operation and another boundless pyrrhic victory for Vlad's cannon fodder.

Gold: 11.11
Feb 7 2024 05:56pm
Quote (Prox1m1ty @ Feb 7 2024 05:08pm)
Should only be a matter of time before Ukraine retreat from Avdiivka. Only two years into the 10 day special military operation and another boundless pyrrhic victory for Vlad's cannon fodder.

https://i.imgur.com/mw5wIeg.jpeg

Ya it's been an amazing hold for the ukkies. If they can ensure not being circled and cut off from the supply lines and do a tactful retreat, then the 14:1 armour casualties the ruskies experienced may mean something. If they had a steady supply of munitions they'd still be in the fight.
Gold: 268.37
Feb 7 2024 10:17pm
Quote (InsaneBobb @ Feb 7 2024 04:33pm)
The primary reasons all three nations aren't massive forces in the global economy boils down to the EU and US sanctioning them and preventing them from transacting on an equal footing. There is huge strength in being self-sufficient prior to dealing with the rest of the world. And it's no shock why both Iran and Russia are talking about upping their weapons and military gains in upcoming years.

How long does NATO believe they can keep their boot on the throats of hundreds of millions of people before it leads to war? And how stupid would it be not to understand that? The West has been pushing for another big war and wants it to be one that is relatively certain to end in victory. It's why there's no challenges vs china, Iran and Russia are the focus. The west has spent the last 30 years surrounding Russia with troops and weapons pointed directly at Moscow, and the last 10 years imposing sanctions to cut Russia off from global trade. Throw in a puppet government that will genocide ethnic Russians and POOF! War, caused by the west, blamed on Russia, and the perfect excuse to accomplish the goal the warhawks have sought for decades.

Iran Russia, and North Korea aren't poor because NATO has been keeping them down, though.
Gold: 4,404.67
Feb 7 2024 11:02pm
Quote (bogie160 @ 8 Feb 2024 05:17)
Iran Russia, and North Korea aren't poor because NATO has been keeping them down, though.

Russia, in particular, could be a prosperous place if their people hadn't been robbed blind by kleptocrats for the past 150 years. When you have that many natural resources and such a (comparatively) small population, building a thriving society would be trivial. Instead, their ruling class invested the wealth of the country into urgent necessities like a second helipad for their superyachts...

This post was edited by Black XistenZ on Feb 7 2024 11:03pm
Gold: 13,470.00
Feb 8 2024 08:00am
Quote (Black XistenZ @ Feb 8 2024 05:02am)
Russia, in particular, could be a prosperous place if their people hadn't been robbed blind by kleptocrats for the past 150 years. When you have that many natural resources and such a (comparatively) small population, building a thriving society would be trivial. Instead, their ruling class invested the wealth of the country into urgent necessities like a second helipad for their superyachts...

+1 from me.
Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
Prev1391539163917391839194522Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll