d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate > Russia / Ukraine
Prev1389838993900390139024522Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 11.11
Feb 2 2024 01:09pm
Quote (Malopox @ Feb 2 2024 01:44pm)
I’ve updated my comment, but from where I stand US has an issue whereby they don’t want to be a benevolent Jesus Christ the Savior selflessly bailing out leftie politicians across the pond who shat their own pants. You can’t convince Europeans to buy the new gadgets without creating the new and latest scary boogaloo while at the same time ensuring they are not able to produce these gadgets at home (hence NS2 sabotage and what you mentioned).

So they do what’s best for them. Ensure that US can be energy sufficient for the longest time possible. Shale revolution has turned US into the biggest hydrocarbon producer in the whole world within the last decade, but this depletes domestic reserves which are finite. Turning the tap down a bit helps prolong these resources for a few decades, because you never know what happens in 22nd century.

At the same time I really applaud Bidens IRA - it really works. I’ve visited a few banks while I was in NY and their structured and project finance teams are busy 24/7 trying to finance anything that can even remotely qualify for these subsidies. As a result US will rapidly become self-sufficient by reshoring supply chains to ensure they cannot be blackmailed by China or Russia or whoever (eg: https://magratheametals.com/news/dodmagnesium) and we Europeans will pay for that by buying US Treasuries with our pension savings.

I honestly wish our EU politicians would learn a trick from the book of US, Chinese or Russian statesmen.

Or - im off my meds and need to check myself in for rehabilitation.

https://i.imgur.com/m8z3wqp.jpg

Thanks for the insight.
Quote (InsaneBobb @ Feb 2 2024 01:56pm)
I'm not here to educate you. I'm here to point and laugh. .

Contradict his claims of the US being able to "rofl lmao not my problem" via shale or your claims of Chinese land acquisition and dumping usd means nothing.

What China does/is doing is irrelevant to the strategic importance of American energy interests.
Gold: 3,691.00
Feb 2 2024 01:19pm
Quote (InsaneBobb @ 2 Feb 2024 19:56)
I'm not here to educate you. I'm here to point and laugh. The US Government is dropping hundreds of Billions into Ukraine, and most of the weapons and cash is going MIA. It's a money laundering scam, and we've passed 7:1 female:male in Ukraine because of the lie.

From where I stand and what I have been arguing here for good two years is that - nobody in US (or even Europe) truly, honestly cares for an independent and sovereign Ukraine. Ukraine's future is to be used as a pawn against Russia. Hence no European accession, no NATO accession and etc. As I argued a few posts above - an average European (and an American) cannot tell an Ukrainian from a Russian even if their life depends on it, yet they know which one is corrupt and rotten and which one is an opressed fighter for freedom and democracy

Ukraine has been used as a laundering ground to achieve three simultaneous goals:

1) handicap and destabilize a "perceived" rival / foreign threat of a rising Russia by using a willing proxy and frankly - outdated equipment made to fight Russkies in the 1980s-1990s. The newest gadgets like F35s, Stealth bombers and long range ballistic missiles have not been transferred.

2) make your NATO allies buy and your domestic taxpayers "OKAY" the purchase of the latest gadgets of Raytheon, General Dynamics, Northropp Grumman and Boeing while simultaneously ensuring there is no significant competition from European producers (Rheinmetall, ThyssenKrupp and so on).

3) test out new combat realities without direct NATO force losses, while in complete control of the battlefield and telemetry (notice the evolution of modern combat to FPV drones which noone really knows what to do with as of 2024, hence eg Israelis hurriedly welding-on drone cages to their Merkavas prior to Gaza invasion).

This post was edited by Malopox on Feb 2 2024 01:28pm
Gold: 6,061.70
Feb 2 2024 01:37pm
Quote (zorzin @ 2 Feb 2024 12:09)
What China does/is doing is irrelevant to the strategic importance of American energy interests.

Energy is pointless without production, you cretin. China opening up hundreds of coal power plants means more than the US shutting down a couple nuclear plants. What they gain in production vs what we're giving up is not proportional. For every step back the US takes, China takes 10 steps forward. It's not my fault you're too stupid to recognize it.
Feb 2 2024 01:40pm
Quote (Malopox @ 2 Feb 2024 12:19)
From where I stand and what I have been arguing here for good two years is that - nobody in US (or even Europe) truly, honestly cares for an independent and sovereign Ukraine. Ukraine's future is to be used as a pawn against Russia. Hence no European accession, no NATO accession and etc. As I argued a few posts above - an average European (and an American) cannot tell an Ukrainian from a Russian even if their life depends on it, yet they know which one is corrupt and rotten and which one is an opressed fighter for freedom and democracy

Ukraine has been used as a laundering ground to achieve three simultaneous goals:

1) handicap and destabilize a "perceived" rival / foreign threat of a rising Russia by using a willing proxy and frankly - outdated equipment made to fight Russkies in the 1980s-1990s. The newest gadgets like F35s, Stealth bombers and long range ballistic missiles have not been transferred.

2) make your NATO allies buy and your domestic taxpayers "OKAY" the purchase of the latest gadgets of Raytheon, General Dynamics, Northropp Grumman and Boeing while simultaneously ensuring there is no significant competition from European producers (Rheinmetall, ThyssenKrupp and so on).

3) test out new combat realities without direct NATO force losses, while in complete control of the battlefield and telemetry (notice the evolution of modern combat to FPV drones which noone really knows what to do with as of 2024, hence eg Israelis hurriedly welding-on drone cages to their Merkavas prior to Gaza invasion).

The premise of your post is wrong. I do not care about Ukraine and refuse to. The puppet government in Kiev is not important to me. That's a US Politician game. Which means it's bad for the US Taxpayer and the rest of the world alike. Preach to a real mark, kiddo. I'm not interested in your justifications on why unlimited American blood and treasure should be dedicated to a dispute between soviet bloc nations. Really, instruct me child.
Gold: 22,164.69
Feb 2 2024 01:44pm
Quote (Malopox @ Feb 2 2024 07:48am)
If you take two Irelands side by side, one has fared far better than the other as it remained in the EU and has benefited enormously from attracting foreign international capital over the past decades without some inbred geriatric in London telling them what they can and cannot do.

You could argue that quadrupling of Irish GDP per capita has not benefitted the average Irish directly as most of it came from tax optimization efforts by multinationals and skews statistics, but you can’t deny the spillover effects it had on the average working man which can be observed through GDP PPP comparisons.

Is life easy in either Ireland or Northern Ireland? I would definitely say that folks in Dublin have it easier than folks in Belfast. Still we are talking about a relatively small and sparsely populated island. I truly hope that one day they reunite as British seem to be keen on breaking the GFA with their shortsightedness.

One thing I know for sure - living on the isle of Ireland whether united or not - is far easier than in one of those freshly liberated neodemocracies of the Middle East ravaged by slavemongering warlords.

Oh its all definitely true, but isn't there something dubious about a country becoming successful solely as a tax haven? When you're not producing anything of value, and the wealth is at best trickling down from centralized lords, only after being taken from what was earned by another country.
Honestly, it has a bit of a perverse parallel to the pirate states of old. The barbary kings weren't earning their keep off trade goods or an empire of conquest, they were parasites on world powers.
Feb 2 2024 01:49pm
Quote (InsaneBobb @ 2 Feb 2024 20:40)
The premise of your post is wrong. I do not care about Ukraine and refuse to. The puppet government in Kiev is not important to me. That's a US Politician game. Which means it's bad for the US Taxpayer and the rest of the world alike. Preach to a real mark, kiddo. I'm not interested in your justifications on why unlimited American blood and treasure should be dedicated to a dispute between soviet bloc nations. Really, instruct me child.

I think we share stances here although I'm not an American.

In my view the power of the American dollar hinges on power projection attached to it that has to be upheld constantly.

This results in "forever wars" and constant chase for the latest and the best gadgets. Since US is not an authoritarian regime where you can just send your friendly army generals a blank check - you need to justify it through "democratic measures" and scaring your tax payers with stuff like "war on terror", "promoting freedom in the middle east", "supporting democracy in Ukraine". This allows you to send your old Tomahawks flying to their targets while you order newer and better ones from Raytheon.

Do I like that myself? No I think it's a nearsighted system that is doomed to collapse at some point once China or any other kid on the block goes to karate lessons and learns how to defend himself against schoolyard bullies. Hence we see slow emergence of multipolarity and demise of pax americana.
Feb 2 2024 01:53pm
Quote (Malopox @ 2 Feb 2024 12:49)
I think we share stances here although I'm not an American.

In my view the power of the American dollar hinges on power projection attached to it that has to be upheld constantly.

This results in "forever wars" and constant chase for the latest and the best gadgets. Since US is not an authoritarian regime where you can just send your friendly army generals a blank check - you need to justify it through "democratic measures" and scaring your tax payers with stuff like "war on terror", "promoting freedom in the middle east", "supporting democracy in Ukraine". This allows you to send your old Tomahawks flying to their targets while you order newer and better ones from Raytheon.

Do I like that myself? No I think it's a nearsighted system that is doomed to collapse at some point once China or any other kid on the block goes to karate lessons and learns how to defend himself against schoolyard bullies. Hence we see slow emergence of multipolarity and demise of pax americana.

We aren't ordering newer and better from Raytheon. We're reopening plants and unretiring people who haven't worked a day job since the 70's, and probably won't live past 2030. Everyone overestimates US production. If China ever tests it, we're fucked.
Feb 2 2024 01:54pm
Quote (Goomshill @ 2 Feb 2024 20:44)
Oh its all definitely true, but isn't there something dubious about a country becoming successful solely as a tax haven? When you're not producing anything of value, and the wealth is at best trickling down from centralized lords, only after being taken from what was earned by another country.
Honestly, it has a bit of a perverse parallel to the pirate states of old. The barbary kings weren't earning their keep off trade goods or an empire of conquest, they were parasites on world powers.

There is definitely something dubious in that, I agree, but this is not new to humanity - we call them "financial centers".

Delaware has been one for a long time in the US (but is under fire now due to an absolutely scandalous decision to revoke Musks' options) and Caymans/Bahamas. Europe has had Luxembourg, Lichtenstein, Monaco, City of London and to a lesser degree Ireland, Switzerland and the Netherlands (the latter are arguably more diversified than the former). We have seen the emergence of Dubai which produces comparatively little oil as well as microstates of Hong Kong and Singapore in Asia following the same suit of "financial centers" which uphold the law, keep confidentiality and make the boring bureaucracy work for the benefit of global multinationals.

This post was edited by Malopox on Feb 2 2024 01:56pm
Gold: 100,701.50
Feb 2 2024 02:00pm
Quote (InsaneBobb @ Feb 2 2024 10:47pm)
What about the Korean war that has lasted 70 years and is still ongoing, Vietnam, Iran Contra, the Iraq/Afghanistan forever wars, the toppling of Somalia and Libya and attempted toppling of Syria, the active animosity against Russia, blowing up the pipeline that provided natural gas to southwest Europe, or pretty much anything else done in the last several generations indicates the US is interested in, wants, or even would not fight against global order?

You won't get an answer, he will dodge or call that Whataboutisms
Feb 2 2024 02:01pm
Quote (zorzin @ 2 Feb 2024 12:09)

This is false. The bulk of US Coal is sold to China because any other use becomes a "climate issue". They use a bulk of the coal to produce raw steel that they sell back to us at a heavy markup to be used in everything from our naval fleet to consumer coffee mugs.

You know nothing.
Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
Prev1389838993900390139024522Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll