d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate > Russia / Ukraine
Prev1389738983899390039014522Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 3,691.00
Feb 2 2024 12:12pm
Quote (zorzin @ 2 Feb 2024 19:09)
So after destroying ns2 uncle sam has:
Halted LNG export terminals
"Inflamed" Ansarallah causing qatar to suspend LNG to Europe(unconfirmed)

Was making Europe dependent on American energy, only to pull the rug, always part of the plan?

TLDR: Yes.

Europe is structurally short energy since they mined almost all of their coal (Germany and Poland still have some) and stopped burning trees for power.

North Sea/Groningen are being depleted, Norwegians already basically dammed all rivers they had and can’t send more power down and renewables will never ever truly make Europe energy sufficient.

There are only two ways. Keep buying the most efficient source of energy for now - hydrocarbons - from someone, but that makes you a trading partner that can be influenced by the seller. Or buy uranium and build nuclear stations that attracts attention of a lot of NIMBYs. (which arguably makes you even more dependent as you can’t switch fuel types easily like a refinery can switch crude grades). Makes you reliant on your uranium supplier.

No fusion/thermonuclear commercial reactor exists yet. I really wish all liberal Greta Thunberg-loving leftie baristas would go get PhDs in particle acceleration or nuclear physics or nanomaterials to save humanity instead of being obnoxious spoiled little brats they are ruining everyone’s mood.

This post was edited by Malopox on Feb 2 2024 12:33pm
Feb 2 2024 12:13pm
Quote (Hamsterbaby @ 2 Feb 2024 19:06)
If you are bored. Just turn it on and listen when you are doing whatever.
Everything about USA, EU, China, Russia, Global South, Mass Migration, Muslim, Israel all that she bang she bang is stated here but you might need to tweak it a little bit to fit the current situation although I feel there is nothing much to tweak.
The first 10 to 15 mins and you will know why everything that was said here is happening up till now according as planned.

^malopox, ^Norlander

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0qYAza4kvf0

Did you seriously post a 7 hour video?

Gold: 49,320.00
Feb 2 2024 12:15pm
Quote (Malopox @ 3 Feb 2024 02:13)
Did you seriously post a 7 hour video?

Just listen to the first 10 mins.

I read the book. But I don't believe there are much book flippers on Pard. So it is a lazy way to read a book.
Gold: 6,061.70
Feb 2 2024 12:24pm
Quote (ferdia @ 2 Feb 2024 10:52)
just a minor point, global order as I understand it does not mean global peace. it means current global dominance by the current ruling countries (USA). Therefore the events that you are referring to help cement the "global order" but this does not equate to global peace and stability. Analytically, world order refers to the arrangement of power and authority that provides the framework for the conduct of diplomacy and world politics on a global scale.

i.e. it is not related to peace and stability but rather the geopolitical landscape (whereby the US is top dog, the dollar is top dog, and anyone seeking to undermine that, is by definition, undermining the current global order. This is not a positive or a negative associated with the current status quo, but rather a reflection on how current events are changing the current status quo, i.e. changing the current pre-existing world order. As or If we see a direct alternative to the current US dominance, this is the "destabilization of the world order". While the world destabilization is construed in quarters as a negative, in other quarters it is seen as a positive. From a historical standpoint the natural consequence of a new world order is war. sorry.

i trust this is understood.

I do not disagree with anything you say. On the flipside, isn't that a signal to reevaluate our "public servants"?
Feb 2 2024 12:30pm
Quote (InsaneBobb @ 2 Feb 2024 11:24)
I do not disagree with anything you say. On the flipside, isn't that a signal to reevaluate our "public servants"?

Sorry, allow me to elaborate. We elect people to represent us in good faith. They then sacrifice our children to an eternal war designed to prove to everyone who doesn't like it that we are willing to kill you unless you do what you are told. Now we, as Americans, are being told the exact same thing. Fall in line, do as we say, or you are "other". The big evil straight white man. Now, explain to me how it doesn't become a thing of personal integrity to oppose these people?
Gold: 11.11
Feb 2 2024 12:31pm
Quote (Malopox @ Feb 2 2024 01:12pm)
Yes

OK. Since the economics/logistics of this war is definitely in your wheelhouse could you explain the importance of the US banning LNG terminals? Afaik this would cause eu countries without these contracts to lose out, forcing them to long term contracts with the US. So it's not that LNG shipments are being halted, it's more like the US forcing the eu to be dependent on us terminals?

This would line up with my belief that the US MIC just gutted nato stocks of European made hardware forcing them to buy American ( hence the Leo2 vs Abrams debacle) The eu becomes dependent on us energy and munitions In order to fight a monster the US created. Maybe Joe Biden is really playing 5d chess and just hates europe
Feb 2 2024 12:44pm
Quote (zorzin @ 2 Feb 2024 19:31)
OK. Since the economics/logistics of this war is definitely in your wheelhouse could you explain the importance of the US banning LNG terminals? Afaik this would cause eu countries without these contracts to lose out, forcing them to long term contracts with the US. So it's not that LNG shipments are being halted, it's more like the US forcing the eu to be dependent on us terminals?

This would line up with my belief that the US MIC just gutted nato stocks of European made hardware forcing them to buy American ( hence the Leo2 vs Abrams debacle) The eu becomes dependent on us energy and munitions In order to fight a monster the US created. Maybe Joe Biden is really playing 5d chess and just hates europe

I’ve updated my comment, but from where I stand US has an issue whereby they don’t want to be a benevolent Jesus Christ the Savior selflessly bailing out leftie politicians across the pond who shat their own pants. You can’t convince Europeans to buy the new gadgets without creating the new and latest scary boogaloo while at the same time ensuring they are not able to produce these gadgets at home (hence NS2 sabotage and what you mentioned).

So they do what’s best for them. Ensure that US can be energy sufficient for the longest time possible. Shale revolution has turned US into the biggest hydrocarbon producer in the whole world within the last decade, but this depletes domestic reserves which are finite. Turning the tap down a bit helps prolong these resources for a few decades, because you never know what happens in 22nd century.

At the same time I really applaud Bidens IRA - it really works. I’ve visited a few banks while I was in NY and their structured and project finance teams are busy 24/7 trying to finance anything that can even remotely qualify for these subsidies. As a result US will rapidly become self-sufficient by reshoring supply chains to ensure they cannot be blackmailed by China or Russia or whoever (eg: https://magratheametals.com/news/dodmagnesium) and we Europeans will pay for that by buying US Treasuries with our pension savings.

I honestly wish our EU politicians would learn a trick from the book of US, Chinese or Russian statesmen.

Or - im off my meds and need to check myself in for rehabilitation.

This post was edited by Malopox on Feb 2 2024 12:49pm
Feb 2 2024 12:49pm
Quote (Malopox @ 2 Feb 2024 11:44)
Or - im off my meds and need to check myself in for rehabilitation.

Going with this. Under the Biden Administration, China is liquidating their USD by buying up square mileage of US land, both rural and residential. And China already owns the logistics internal because all Amazon Basics are produced in China, and Amazon is the #1 shipment fulfiller. You're fucking high.
Feb 2 2024 12:54pm
Quote (InsaneBobb @ 2 Feb 2024 19:49)
Going with this. Under the Biden Administration, China is liquidating their USD by buying up square mileage of US land, both rural and residential. And China already owns the logistics internal because all Amazon Basics are produced in China, and Amazon is the #1 shipment fulfiller. You're fucking high.

Im not aware of China being able to buy US land. This is news to me, got links?

All that Amazon stuff is nonconsequential as you don’t really need it anyway. What you need is commodities to make this stuff from and this is where IRA comes in to ensure US can accelerate and catch up with Chinese hegemony on eg rare earth metal refining, domestic supply of alumina and EV metals.

All of that lowtech consumer stuff can be reshored or made in a other country like India if need be.

You do have a problem of long-haul maritime logistics as majority of shipyards are either in South Korea or China these days plus US limits itself with a completely outdated Jones act, but im sure folks will figure something out if push comes to shove.
Feb 2 2024 12:56pm
Quote (Malopox @ 2 Feb 2024 11:54)
Im not aware of China being able to buy US land. This is news to me, got links?

All that Amazon stuff is nonconsequential as you don’t really need it anyway. What you need is commodities to make this stuff from and this is where IRA comes in to ensure US can accelerate and catch up with Chinese hegemony on eg rare earth metal refining, domestic supply of alumina and EV metals.

All of that lowtech consumer stuff can be reshored or made in a other country like India if need be.

You do have a problem of long-haul maritime logistics as majority of shipyards are either in South Korea or China these days plus US limits itself with a completely outdated Jones act, but im sure folks will figure something out if push comes to shove.

I'm not here to educate you. I'm here to point and laugh. The US Government is dropping hundreds of Billions into Ukraine, and most of the weapons and cash is going MIA. It's a money laundering scam, and we've passed 7:1 female:male in Ukraine because of the lie.
Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
Prev1389738983899390039014522Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll