d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate > Russia / Ukraine
Prev1389538963897389838994522Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 3,691.00
Feb 2 2024 06:08am
Quote (Ashirgo @ 2 Feb 2024 13:04)
Most people in Europe don't want Russians in Ukraine, thank you very much. And that it also serves US interests? Well not my problem.

Most people in Europe can’t tell an Ukranian from a Russian if their life depended on it.
Gold: 0.00
Feb 2 2024 06:11am
Quote (Malopox @ Feb 2 2024 01:08pm)
Most people in Europe can’t tell an Ukranian from a Russian if their life depended on it.

That's also not my problem.

Most people in Europe live in free democratic countries. They lack the ability to even imagine the degree to which Russian society is rotten morally and culturally. I can't blame them. If you're born and raised in Ireland or Germany, you are happily living your easy life and you don't have to worry about such things.
Gold: 8,470.00
Warn: 10%
Feb 2 2024 06:12am
is anyone else watching that video ? he is literally gloating in US weapons sales, and his comment re: NS is hilarious.

This post was edited by ferdia on Feb 2 2024 06:16am
Gold: 100,701.50
Feb 2 2024 06:15am
Quote (Prox1m1ty @ Feb 2 2024 06:21pm)
You forgot apartment buildings.

Welcome back from timeout :thumbsup:

You mean a hotel full of French mercenaries right?

Imagine taking an Iskander to the face, ouch

This post was edited by Djunior on Feb 2 2024 06:16am
Feb 2 2024 06:21am
Quote (Ashirgo @ 2 Feb 2024 13:11)

Most people in Europe live in free democratic countries. They lack the ability to even imagine the degree to which Russian society is rotten morally and culturally. I can't blame them. If you're born and raised in Ireland or Germany, you are happily living your easy life and you don't have to worry about such things.

I’m sure our resident Irish guy has a few words with you about fighting for their interests through nondemocratic means. They just couldn’t vote the British away, could they?

What do you think is the reason a person that was born and raised recently in Ireland or Germany can live a happy and easy life without worrying about such things as foreign intelligence agencies overthrowing their elected officials?

This post was edited by Malopox on Feb 2 2024 06:26am
Gold: 13.37
Feb 2 2024 06:24am
Quote (Djunior @ 2 Feb 2024 15:15)

Oh là là

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Love_hotel

Gold: 22,164.69
Feb 2 2024 06:27am
Quote (Malopox @ Feb 2 2024 06:21am)
I’m sure our resident Irish guy has a few words with you about fighting for their interests through nondemocratic means. They just couldn’t vote the British away, could they?

What do you think is the reason a person that was born and raised recently in Ireland or Germany can live a happy and easy life without worrying about such things are foreign intelligence agencies overthrowing their elected officials?

I mean they're getting a little more worried about being surveilled and having a foreign master impose upon them again. At least, the Irish, look how one side of the island protests the EU crushing them and one side protests the UK crushing them
not so much the krauts, they're just happy to be the ubermensch overlords of the continent again
Gold: 8,470.00
Feb 2 2024 06:35am
Quote (Ashirgo @ Feb 2 2024 12:11pm)

I presume you mean the republic of ireland, which if you will recall, only became a republic after it carried out violent disorder, i.e. in todays terms, terrorist acts, against England. Obviously you dont mean Northern Ireland where most adults have not been happily living an easy life, but rather one of segregation, terrorism and punishment beatings, which have been supported by foreign governments for decades.

I will let the germans speak for germany, but well the german model for prosperity was international trade, and like Nord Stream, that was literally sunk by a foreign power and germans are not "living an easy life". everywhere has its problems in these uncertain times.

Relating to Russia, it is well documented that Russia does not export high end goods but raw materials and that it, as a culture, is less open, less free, then the western world, and yes Putin is a dictator. however if you talk about rotten, that is in alot of supply right now. Russia is not launching missiles at Gaza and it is not launching missiles at Yemen. It is able to condemn genocide when the US is funding genocide. So while it is easy to look at Russian society and deplore it, you have to accept that people will also look at Israeli, Irish, German, US society, and deplore them too. If a country is not able to condemn genocide publicly it means there is something seriously wrong with the world.

This post was edited by ferdia on Feb 2 2024 06:46am
Gold: 32,512.50
Feb 2 2024 06:44am
Quote (Djunior @ Feb 2 2024 12:15pm)

https://www.newsweek.com/crimea-airbase-attack-ukraine-general-alexander-tatarenko-killed-1866261

Imagine not having air defence :rolleyes:

This post was edited by Prox1m1ty on Feb 2 2024 06:44am
Feb 2 2024 07:48am
Quote (Goomshill @ 2 Feb 2024 13:27)
I mean they're getting a little more worried about being surveilled and having a foreign master impose upon them again. At least, the Irish, look how one side of the island protests the EU crushing them and one side protests the UK crushing them
not so much the krauts, they're just happy to be the ubermensch overlords of the continent again

If you take two Irelands side by side, one has fared far better than the other as it remained in the EU and has benefited enormously from attracting foreign international capital over the past decades without some inbred geriatric in London telling them what they can and cannot do.

You could argue that quadrupling of Irish GDP per capita has not benefitted the average Irish directly as most of it came from tax optimization efforts by multinationals and skews statistics, but you can’t deny the spillover effects it had on the average working man which can be observed through GDP PPP comparisons.

Is life easy in either Ireland or Northern Ireland? I would definitely say that folks in Dublin have it easier than folks in Belfast. Still we are talking about a relatively small and sparsely populated island. I truly hope that one day they reunite as British seem to be keen on breaking the GFA with their shortsightedness.

One thing I know for sure - living on the isle of Ireland whether united or not - is far easier than in one of those freshly liberated neodemocracies of the Middle East ravaged by slavemongering warlords.
Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
Prev1389538963897389838994522Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll