d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate > Russia / Ukraine
Prev1389438953896389738984522Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 32,512.50
Warn: 10%
Feb 1 2024 09:54am
Looks like Ukraine sunk a Russian missile corvette with seababy drones.

Everything coming up millhouse for vlad.
Gold: 11.11
Feb 1 2024 12:37pm
Quote (Prox1m1ty @ Feb 1 2024 10:54am)

As much as I think that Russia is going to win the war; I find it hilarious that 20% of the black sea fleet has been destroyed by a country with no navy.

I saw the video. This drone was just loitering around, carefree, looking to circle around to the other side of the ships hull inorder to target a previous explosion. There was zero aa shots/attempts anywhere in the video. These are being dubbed "rowboat missles" aka ukkie drones launched from somewhere close to the black sea lol
Feb 1 2024 01:04pm
Quote (zorzin @ Feb 1 2024 06:37pm)
As much as I think that Russia is going to win the war; I find it hilarious that 20% of the black sea fleet has been destroyed by a country with no navy.

I saw the video. This drone was just loitering around, carefree, looking to circle around to the other side of the ships hull inorder to target a previous explosion. There was zero aa shots/attempts anywhere in the video. These are being dubbed "rowboat missles" aka ukkie drones launched from somewhere close to the black sea lol

Absolutely, and "winning" is relative.
Gold: 100,701.50
Feb 1 2024 11:30pm
Quote (Prox1m1ty @ Feb 1 2024 10:54pm)

Sure, and lets not even mention the rain of Iskander and Tornado missiles and FAB glide bombs that are destroying everything form warehouses, head quarters, ammo dumps and air defense installations in Ukraine each and every day.
Gold: 3,691.00
Feb 2 2024 05:17am
Departing head of NATO Jens Stoltenberg casually dropping that Russia is fighting US foreign interests in Ukraine just like all resident vatniks been saying on here for years.

supporting Ukraine is in America’s own interest. 
If we cannot stop Russia’s cycle of aggression in Europe, others will learn the lesson that using force against America’s interests works.

Feb 2 2024 05:21am
Quote (Malopox @ Feb 2 2024 11:17am)
Departing head of NATO Jens Stoltenberg casually dropping that Russia is fighting US foreign interests in Ukraine just like all resident vatniks been saying on here for years.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BocbcP-sA0Y

US interest is a stable global order. Russian attacks on a stable global order are an attack on US interests.

A bit threadbare don't you think?

Quote (Djunior @ Feb 2 2024 05:30am)
Sure, and lets not even mention the rain of Iskander and Tornado missiles and FAB glide bombs that are destroying everything form warehouses, head quarters, ammo dumps and air defense installations in Ukraine each and every day.

You forgot apartment buildings.

Welcome back from timeout :thumbsup:

This post was edited by Prox1m1ty on Feb 2 2024 05:21am
Gold: 8,470.00
Feb 2 2024 05:47am
Quote (Malopox @ Feb 2 2024 11:17am)

watching this now. "supporting ukraine is not a charity" well yes, they have to pay it all back.
and..."china and russia are partners" well yes, after you shoved russia into china's arms.
and lets not forget "Nato has gone a long way" ye, trying to add Japan into Nato, roll on WW3 !
and well "Nato creates a market for defense sales", yes well done.
basically this speech was canvassing the US to spend more on Ukraine.

This post was edited by ferdia on Feb 2 2024 05:57am
Gold: 3,691.00
Feb 2 2024 05:51am
Quote (Prox1m1ty @ 2 Feb 2024 12:21)
US interest is a stable global order. Russian attacks on a stable global order are an attack on US interests. :

Am I still living rent free in your head? I’m impressed, you are there for me within minutes of my first post in what - three weeks? Do you have me on track?

Back to your comment - I honestly, truly wish US had any interest in a stable global order and would have picked up the title of a benevolent power that so many yearned for. We do need a global policeman/ superpower as UN is proving impotent. This would have brought us as humanity much closer to eventual unification and transcendence as multiplanetary species. Imagine what we could have achieved as humanity as a whole if we would just stop being divided by identity politics and racism propaganda on top of freedom bombs?

So far, over the past dozen decades US foreign interest have been a “forever war”, “american interests first” and a destabilization of all its perceived rivals through open or covert actions. I can’t really blame them for acting this way, but to call this “an interest in a stable global order” would be intellectually dishonest, but not new for you.

This post was edited by Malopox on Feb 2 2024 06:03am
Gold: 22,164.69
Feb 2 2024 05:57am
Quote (zorzin @ Feb 1 2024 12:37pm)

Everyone knew for decades that the whole concept of navies was getting obsoleted by how vulnerable they are, and this has really just been the first conflict to illustrate it. We've known it as far back as the early cold war and development of submarine retaliation, even carrier strike groups will basically be fig leaf and now that just applies to conventional and asymmetric threats.
There's a few lessons from this conflict, the unstoppability of land mines and area denial, the inability of missiles to level a city like bombers can- but artillery still can. The real total lack of countermeasures to FPV drones, whether they're killing entrenched lines or sneaking in for infrastructure damage.
Gold: 0.00
Feb 2 2024 06:04am
Quote (Malopox @ Feb 2 2024 12:17pm)

Most people in Europe don't want Russians in Ukraine, thank you very much. And that it also serves US interests? Well not my problem.
Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
Prev1389438953896389738984522Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll