d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate > Russia / Ukraine
Prev1389138923893389438954521Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 175,091.69
Warn: 10%
Jan 25 2024 12:44pm
Quote (zorzin @ Jan 25 2024 07:24pm)
1. Everysingle aa system Russia has is simply not as good as any modern western version. It's the main reason why Russia developed the tos2a, to compete in mobile aa systems. I'm well aware of the fact that ukraine uses outdated soviet gear. The fact remains that western supplied aa systems is the main reason why Russia hasn't achieved air superiority after 2 years.

2. There's only a handful of leos and all Challys and Abrahams have to stay in the rear. Crew protection is literally the most important thing about a MBT and leos have proven to be excellent at this, especially when compared to the t72/90.

3.you are correct

4. Name calling aside, I'm glad that you were able to put out a thoughtful response regarding military assets in the war. It's better when you can articulate your arguements instead of outright dismissing a post

1. Russia has had air superiority since the onset of the war, ukranians are barely running any aircraft besides occasional long range storm shadows. What they never achieved was air supremacy, not superiority. Even when there was 0 western AA they couldn´t achieve air supremacy, to argue otherwise is history revision. The only time they had air supremacy was during siege of mariupol (when front was far away). I doubt patriot is any better than the S500 (s500 is also a complex rather than 1 system), the entire soviet/russian doctrine is revolved around AA. If you said their airforce or navy or something else was worse than western, perhaps, but ground-based AA? lets no kid ourselves.

2. "there is only a handful", "crew protection is the most important" - read that a few times and you will realise crew protection isn´t the only factor that matters (hint quantity is another factor). After that we can argue about agility, maintenance, crew size, production, fire power, fire rate etc. This is all about design philosophy, neither is inherently superior, it all boils down to the context of usage.

This post was edited by ownyaah on Jan 25 2024 12:45pm
Gold: 32,512.50
Jan 25 2024 02:19pm
Quote (ownyaah @ Jan 25 2024 06:44pm)
1. Russia has had air superiority since the onset of the war, ukranians are barely running any aircraft besides occasional long range storm shadows. What they never achieved was air supremacy, not superiority. Even when there was 0 western AA they couldn´t achieve air supremacy, to argue otherwise is history revision. The only time they had air supremacy was during siege of mariupol (when front was far away). I doubt patriot is any better than the S500 (s500 is also a complex rather than 1 system), the entire soviet/russian doctrine is revolved around AA. If you said their airforce or navy or something else was worse than western, perhaps, but ground-based AA? lets no kid ourselves.

2. "there is only a handful", "crew protection is the most important" - read that a few times and you will realise crew protection isn´t the only factor that matters (hint quantity is another factor). After that we can argue about agility, maintenance, crew size, production, fire power, fire rate etc. This is all about design philosophy, neither is inherently superior, it all boils down to the context of usage.

How many S-500 systems are in operation?

The patriot system has proven to be the most capable AA around, and with every successful use the algorithm is improving.
Gold: 11.11
Jan 25 2024 02:43pm
Quote (ownyaah @ Jan 25 2024 01:44pm)

1. No Russia has not had air superiority over Ukraine since the start of this war, otherwise Ukraine would been kupputz along time ago. The patriot system is better because it's already there shooting down khanzals. Russias aa doctrine has always been a mobile awacs system, it was always premised on a large scale war against nato, not mobile armor systems, hence the raped development of systems like TOS

2. Every mbt since the 80's has been upgraded with crew protection/armor as the #1 priority. This is evidenced by the changes between the t72 to the 90. Era armour, aps, trophy system, cl munitions, optics and remote viewing have been the focal point. The crew are worth more than the tank, especially when Russia is about to produce 1500 t series in a year
Gold: 175,091.69
Jan 25 2024 04:16pm
Quote (zorzin @ Jan 25 2024 09:43pm)
1. No Russia has not had air superiority over Ukraine since the start of this war, otherwise Ukraine would been kupputz along time ago. The patriot system is better because it's already there shooting down khanzals. Russias aa doctrine has always been a mobile awacs system, it was always premised on a large scale war against nato, not mobile armor systems, hence the raped development of systems like TOS

2. Every mbt since the 80's has been upgraded with crew protection/armor as the #1 priority. This is evidenced by the changes between the t72 to the 90. Era armour, aps, trophy system, cl munitions, optics and remote viewing have been the focal point. The crew are worth more than the tank, especially when Russia is about to produce 1500 t series in a year

superiority //=// supremacy, If you think ukranians are flying as many sorties, i dont know what to tell you.

But yes, everything russian is garbage, and they are fighting with sticks. The s500, s400, s300 are garbage. Russian tanks are garbage, artillery, etc Every drone is useless, lancet is a trash asst. Every russian missile is shot down and 300k russians have been killed.
Russia is complete f-tier and would lose against the IRA, also they need to be defeated or they are strong enough to conquer baltics and europe in 13 hours if ukraine falls.

Kinzahals are not hypersonic they are trash, but also look patriot is so amazing it is shoting down hypersonic kinzhals.

Russian weapons are trash ofcourse, unless they are in the hands of ukranians (majority of ukranian arsenal), in which case they are super weapons.

Everything should be an oxymoron, and shizo posting. Otherwise god is crying. Allah akbar israeli feminists killing babies its how you stop patriarchy.

This post was edited by ownyaah on Jan 25 2024 04:24pm
Gold: 11.11
Jan 26 2024 11:21am
Quote (ownyaah @ Jan 25 2024 05:16pm)
superiority //=// supremacy, If you think ukranians are flying as many sorties, i dont know what to tell you.

But yes, everything russian is garbage, and they are fighting with sticks. The s500, s400, s300 are garbage. Russian tanks are garbage, artillery, etc Every drone is useless, lancet is a trash asst. Every russian missile is shot down and 300k russians have been killed.
Russia is complete f-tier and would lose against the IRA, also they need to be defeated or they are strong enough to conquer baltics and europe in 13 hours if ukraine falls.

Kinzahals are not hypersonic they are trash, but also look patriot is so amazing it is shoting down hypersonic kinzhals.

Russian weapons are trash ofcourse, unless they are in the hands of ukranians (majority of ukranian arsenal), in which case they are super weapons.

Everything should be an oxymoron, and shizo posting. Otherwise god is crying. Allah akbar israeli feminists killing babies its how you stop patriarchy.

I think you think that I'm some nafo tranny that thinks putins gona lose once the f16s roll in.

I was merely pointing out why I thought it took so long for Russia to gain air-whatever you Wana call it. In one year from now Russia will be unmatched in military production. This conflict has been both sides beta testing old soviet weapons against new western variants; this is why Russia is fast tracking missles/drones.

The only thing that Russia is falling behind on is mobile aa systems and radar/aesa/optics/thermals( due to sanctions) but based on production numbers alone none of that matters because Russia has completely bypassed sanctions in regards to it affecting their military(minus optics)

The only chance Ukraine has is to somehow get like 60 f16s/ a10s with a well established logistics line and somehow punch a line. I don't see this as likely but who knows
Gold: 20,065.00
Jan 26 2024 02:10pm
This is interesting to me and indicative of what the conversations are behind closed doors at Davos. Ukraine's assets will be sold to foreign interests and that will be the 'cost' of getting the help for this war. I don't think privatization of national assets to be a bad thing but privatization, with yielding ownership to foreigners wholesale probably wouldn't be the best for the normal people living in that country. The interests are misaligned.

Foreign investors have expressed interest in acquiring Ukrainian state-owned banks PJSC Joint Stock Bank Ukrgasbank and JSC Sense Bank, and Ukrainian authorities are actively preparing the banks for sale, Ekonomichna Pravda reported Jan. 24.

Ukraine's finance ministry received signals from the investors at the end of 2023, Deputy Finance Minister Yuriy Draganchuk said.

The ministry will soon hire financial advisers for the banks and wants to sell them in 2024.

https://www.capitaliq.spglobal.com/apisv3/spg-webplatform-core/news/article?id=80154205&KeyProductLinkType=65&redirected=1

This post was edited by ofthevoid on Jan 26 2024 02:10pm
Gold: 32,512.50
Jan 26 2024 04:56pm
Quote (ofthevoid @ Jan 26 2024 08:10pm)
This is interesting to me and indicative of what the conversations are behind closed doors at Davos. Ukraine's assets will be sold to foreign interests and that will be the 'cost' of getting the help for this war. I don't think privatization of national assets to be a bad thing but privatization, with yielding ownership to foreigners wholesale probably wouldn't be the best for the normal people living in that country. The interests are misaligned.

https://www.capitaliq.spglobal.com/apisv3/spg-webplatform-core/news/article?id=80154205&KeyProductLinkType=65&redirected=1

Link doesn't work?

What assets are in question, two banks?
Gold: 22,164.69
Jan 27 2024 09:25am
https://www.telegraph.co.uk/world-news/2024/01/26/us-nuclear-bombs-lackenheath-raf-russia-threat-hiroshima/

Biden is now amping up nuclear escalation with Russia, stationing nukes in the UK for the first time since they were removed in 2008 as a deescalation measure
Gold: 49,350.00
Jan 27 2024 11:38am
Quote (Goomshill @ 27 Jan 2024 23:25)
https://www.telegraph.co.uk/world-news/2024/01/26/us-nuclear-bombs-lackenheath-raf-russia-threat-hiroshima/

Biden is now amping up nuclear escalation with Russia, stationing nukes in the UK for the first time since they were removed in 2008 as a deescalation measure

I heard he is sending 3 carrier groups to taunt China at the same time. :rofl:
Gold: 4,404.67
Jan 27 2024 12:23pm
Quote (Goomshill @ 27 Jan 2024 16:25)

These warhead were removed in 2008 as it was believed back then that the threat from Russia was sufficiently diminished. Based on the same logic, it makes total sense to re-deploy them now that tensions are high again.
Also note that Russian pundits and politicians have been brazenly debating and threatening nuclear first strikes on European cities for two years, so you can hardly argue that this nuclear escalation is originating from the West.
Furthermore, the UK already had nukes of their own, so it's not like additional American nukes in the same base change a lot for Russia. If Biden wanted to station nukes in Poland or the Baltics, then the Russians would have a legitimate complaint.
Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
Prev1389138923893389438954521Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll