d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate > Russiagate Gathering Steam?
Prev1387388389390391445Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 2,617.52
Mar 25 2019 11:08am
Quote (IceMage @ Mar 25 2019 11:23am)
I'm closer to the Republicans on immigration, but I don't consider it that important of an issue.

That seems like a foolish choice. The quality of a country depends on the quality of its individual citizens.
Gold: 1.00
Mar 25 2019 11:22am
Quote (IceMage @ Mar 25 2019 12:23pm)
Any system that elects Trump has already degraded significantly. The way back to some semblance of normalcy is to punish Republicans.

I'm closer to the Republicans on immigration, but I don't consider it that important of an issue.

While I agree that Trump is a disaster. Normalcy of "picking a side" vs using actually analytical thought and allowing vindication to override analysis is actually using feelings over facts.

I don't know. Maybe I'm the current political climate your move is appropriate but I hope people drop the group think and move away from picking sides and move back to actual policy analysis.

2020 is just going to be an anti Trump touting marathon. It's going to detract from meaningful changes and decisions. I would hope he would lose as this point without anti Trump being the leading campaigning tool.
Gold: 319.37
Mar 25 2019 12:26pm
Quote (IceMage @ Mar 25 2019 11:23am)
Any system that elects Trump has already degraded significantly. The way back to some semblance of normalcy is to punish Republicans.

The old norms are dead, there's no bringing them back.

It's time to embrace the present and stop yearning for the past.
Gold: 28,296.75
Mar 25 2019 12:29pm
Quote (bogie160 @ Mar 25 2019 11:26am)

Just because many people are willing to lower the bar to the ground doesn't mean all will or should
Gold: 5,016.77
Mar 25 2019 12:35pm
Quote (bogie160 @ Mar 25 2019 01:26pm)

But I want to #MAGA.
Gold: 24.06
Mar 25 2019 12:45pm
Quote (IceMage @ Mar 25 2019 11:35am)
But I want to #MAGA.

icemage the new inkanddagger
Gold: 319.37
Mar 25 2019 12:45pm
Quote (IceMage @ Mar 25 2019 01:35pm)
But I want to #MAGA.

Were the 2000s really that great?

Did Obama or Bush solve for big deficits, social security, and healthcare? Better to melt it all down and start fresh.
Gold: 14.88
Mar 25 2019 02:51pm
Quote (Beowulf @ Mar 25 2019 10:29am)
Just because many people are willing to lower the bar to the ground doesn't mean all will or should

People keep saying Trump lowers the bar. He is an ass a lot of the time and I'm still going to blast him every day he fails to fulfill his campaign promises. That being said, his election reveals a lot of political sentiment that establishment candidates weren't talking about. The two previous failed Republican Presidential candidates both came out against Trump in very harsh ways. McCain and Romney were pure never Trump. These were the guys in line to be the head of the Republican Party in 2008 and 2012. Republicans didn't show up to vote for them, Trump got an extra three million to show up over R-Money and McSame. The establishment is out of touch with the base, McCain called the base crazies, no Republicans outside of Utah like Romney.

The anti-war Republicans are finally showing up in the mainstream. When Obama was elected I told someone the Republicans would have to be the party of peace, since Obama's foreign policy was almost indistinguishable from John McCain's, glad to see it finally start to happen. Much of the Republican base now admits the Iraq War was a colossal blunder. When Trump was in the Republican Debates, in one of the Carolinas, he said the Iraq War was a waste and George W. Bush fucked up big time. That's the spirit that I like to think got him the primary victory. Sixteen other Republicans, many of them huge names like Cruz and Rubio. Of course he made fun of them which helped, but he also broke away from the establishment GOP on many issues. (Too bad he got elected and just did Paul Ryan's and Mitch's bidding for two years and got nothing to show for it.)

People care about things like demographic changes. Immigration is huge because if it continues at current levels, it will be nonviable for a Republican to win the Presidency. There are also economic and tax factors, such as whites generally contributing much more to taxes than blacks or Hispanics. But these are conversations that are being had. And people try to keep a lid on it, and then lunatics shoot up Mosques.

It's my hope that nationalist/populist movements continue. The middle class has been savaged, people are ODing and slitting their wrists, real wages have been stagnant for half a century, housing has gone through the roof, education through the roof, healthcare through the roof, profits and GDP through the roof. Maybe Republicans have to acknowledge a high GDP isn't the key to a happy population. It's also embarrassing that the United States doesn't have things like mandated paid leave while a nation like Afghanistan does. Republicans would do their best to burn down the Chamber of Commerce. There aren't many libertarians left out there. The Turning Point grifters can fuck right off. This started as a populist movement. The only way Republicans can hope to stay relevant is if it stays a populist movement. So far, they're failing abysmally.

This post was edited by PlasmaSnake101 on Mar 25 2019 02:55pm
Gold: 57.00
Mar 25 2019 03:23pm
Quote (PlasmaSnake101 @ 25 Mar 2019 16:51)
People keep saying Trump lowers the bar. He is an ass a lot of the time and I'm still going to blast him every day he fails to fulfill his campaign promises. That being said, his election reveals a lot of political sentiment that establishment candidates weren't talking about. The two previous failed Republican Presidential candidates both came out against Trump in very harsh ways. McCain and Romney were pure never Trump. These were the guys in line to be the head of the Republican Party in 2008 and 2012. Republicans didn't show up to vote for them, Trump got an extra three million to show up over R-Money and McSame. The establishment is out of touch with the base, McCain called the base crazies, no Republicans outside of Utah like Romney.

The anti-war Republicans are finally showing up in the mainstream. When Obama was elected I told someone the Republicans would have to be the party of peace, since Obama's foreign policy was almost indistinguishable from John McCain's, glad to see it finally start to happen. Much of the Republican base now admits the Iraq War was a colossal blunder. When Trump was in the Republican Debates, in one of the Carolinas, he said the Iraq War was a waste and George W. Bush fucked up big time. That's the spirit that I like to think got him the primary victory. Sixteen other Republicans, many of them huge names like Cruz and Rubio. Of course he made fun of them which helped, but he also broke away from the establishment GOP on many issues. (Too bad he got elected and just did Paul Ryan's and Mitch's bidding for two years and got nothing to show for it.)

People care about things like demographic changes. Immigration is huge because if it continues at current levels, it will be nonviable for a Republican to win the Presidency. There are also economic and tax factors, such as whites generally contributing much more to taxes than blacks or Hispanics. But these are conversations that are being had. And people try to keep a lid on it, and then lunatics shoot up Mosques.

It's my hope that nationalist/populist movements continue. The middle class has been savaged, people are ODing and slitting their wrists, real wages have been stagnant for half a century, housing has gone through the roof, education through the roof, healthcare through the roof, profits and GDP through the roof. Maybe Republicans have to acknowledge a high GDP isn't the key to a happy population. It's also embarrassing that the United States doesn't have things like mandated paid leave while a nation like Afghanistan does. Republicans would do their best to burn down the Chamber of Commerce. There aren't many libertarians left out there. The Turning Point grifters can fuck right off. This started as a populist movement. The only way Republicans can hope to stay relevant is if it stays a populist movement. So far, they're failing abysmally.

most people didn't like McCain and Rmoney period, McCain ran into 2008 Obama sure so good luck winning there, but Rmoney man that idiot (like the racist he is) wrote off 47% of the population just like that. didn't even bother trying to get their vote. that and he abused his dog. two non-starters when it comes to trying to win a Presidential election. then he still has some wiggle room to win and he spent the entire 2nd debate debating the fucking moderator :rofl:
Gold: 0.00
Mar 25 2019 03:30pm
Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
Prev1387388389390391445Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll