d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate > Russia / Ukraine
Prev1386438653866386738684521Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 22,164.69
Jan 6 2024 06:08am
Quote (do_NaUKI @ Jan 5 2024 05:33pm)
I mean that clown Zelensky could save thousands of Ukrainean people just by surrendering. Whats better, surrender and save most people OR go to hopeless war and kill half of his army until he is forced to surrender?
he is just too proud to admit the facts that ukraine will lose the war, he obviously wants to be a martyr

The CIA doesn't care if Ukrainians live or die.
Gold: 12,760.56
Jan 6 2024 06:30am
Quote (said_aouita @ Jan 6 2024 01:13pm)
Like I said, your country hasn't been invaded by a dictator. Obviously you think surrendering to the dictator is better. Myself and the majority of Ukraine disagree with you. Putin could save hundreds of thousands of Russians if he withdrew from his losing military operation.
Simple as that.

You should check facts first, Russia has a democracy btw. Putin is not dictator, he is choosed to be their president by votes just like zelensky got voted in Ukraine.
Russia will not lose that war, no any chance. Ukraine woulda been dead already if rest of Europe + usa didint throw funds and ammos there. Sure some russians will die in that war, probably even more than ukraine soldiers, but it doesnt matter when Ukraine have 1 million soldiers vs Russia have 50 million soldiers, they can afford that men loss, Ukraine cannot.
And dont understand me wrong bro, i dont like any war and i hope this war ends as fast as possible. Lets pray that Zelensky surrender quick and save peoples lives.

Quote (Goomshill @ Jan 6 2024 02:08pm)

100% true

This post was edited by do_NaUKI on Jan 6 2024 06:30am
Gold: 11.11
Jan 6 2024 06:34am
Quote (said_aouita @ Jan 6 2024 06:13am)
Obviously you think surrendering to the dictator is better. Myself and the majority of Ukraine disagree with you. .

And that's why the majority of Ukrainians no longer have a home. The west has given up on Ukraine its time to admit you were wrong and tell the Ukrainians that they have died for nothing.
Gold: 5,011.77
Jan 6 2024 08:17am
Quote (Goomshill @ Jan 6 2024 04:08am)

Ah yes, the guys on PaRD who truly "care" about Ukraine are those who want them to surrender their country and sovereignty to the Russian army that has raped, tortured, and murdered them since the invasion.

And your(as a group) position from the start was to not help Ukraine, because Russia is scary and the miniscule risk of a larger war is serious, so we should allow the Russians to quickly murder their top government officials and take over their country, with an army with no discipline, which would rape, torture, and murder Ukrainians.

And you fellas think that you are allies of Ukraine.

These are the sort of naive leftist arguments against the CIA years ago which made no sense, but now they come from the nutty right-wing.
Gold: 22,164.69
Jan 6 2024 08:33am
Quote (IceMage @ Jan 6 2024 08:17am)
Ah yes, the guys on PaRD who truly "care" about Ukraine are those who want them to surrender their country and sovereignty to the Russian army that has raped, tortured, and murdered them since the invasion.

And your(as a group) position from the start was to not help Ukraine, because Russia is scary and the miniscule risk of a larger war is serious, so we should allow the Russians to quickly murder their top government officials and take over their country, with an army with no discipline, which would rape, torture, and murder Ukrainians.

And you fellas think that you are allies of Ukraine.

These are the sort of naive leftist arguments against the CIA years ago which made no sense, but now they come from the nutty right-wing.

I don't think you understand. The CIA doesn't care about Ukrainian lives and is willing to push them to continue the war even when its clearly self-destructive, because they think it serves our interests. And just like the CIA, I don't care about Ukrainian lives either. I care about American interests, and I think this hurts them. I think that self-interested and rational Ukrainians would realize being a nazi-ethno-nationalist western vassal state isn't worth the extreme cost they're paying when they were better off within the Russian sphere of influence to begin with, but that's their self-determination to make, not mine. Who knows, if US puppet state support dries up, Ukraine may implode just like Afghanistan and Iraq did- not too soon at least. My position from the start is that Ukraine doesn't matter, and what actually affects us is how we've sundered the US petrodollar hegemony and ended pax americana, showing our economic and military impotence. We demanded the unaligned world follow our lead in putting up a new iron curtain and they sided with Russia instead. Oil traded in RMB and the dollar losing its unquestioned reserve currency status? Weaponizing the banks has a cost.

You know years ago I made the argument Iraq was far better off under Saddam, because it was. I didn't particularly care about the fate of the Iraqi people either, but I cared about America overextending its empire and destabilizing the mideast in a way that backfires on us. And when we withdrew, first Iraq passed into ISIS, now it belongs to Iran. And we managed to consolidate more critical resources and regional support amongst our enemies after expending great blood and treasure of our own, mission accomplished. I'm not a visionary for calling a double headed coin each flip

This post was edited by Goomshill on Jan 6 2024 08:34am
Gold: 49,350.00
Jan 6 2024 08:44am
Quote (Goomshill @ 6 Jan 2024 22:33)
I don't think you understand. The CIA doesn't care about Ukrainian lives and is willing to push them to continue the war even when its clearly self-destructive, because they think it serves our interests. And just like the CIA, I don't care about Ukrainian lives either. I care about American interests, and I think this hurts them. I think that self-interested and rational Ukrainians would realize being a nazi-ethno-nationalist western vassal state isn't worth the extreme cost they're paying when they were better off within the Russian sphere of influence to begin with, but that's their self-determination to make, not mine. Who knows, if US puppet state support dries up, Ukraine may implode just like Afghanistan and Iraq did- not too soon at least. My position from the start is that Ukraine doesn't matter, and what actually affects us is how we've sundered the US petrodollar hegemony and ended pax americana, showing our economic and military impotence. We demanded the unaligned world follow our lead in putting up a new iron curtain and they sided with Russia instead. Oil traded in RMB and the dollar losing its unquestioned reserve currency status? Weaponizing the banks has a cost.

You know years ago I made the argument Iraq was far better off under Saddam, because it was. I didn't particularly care about the fate of the Iraqi people either, but I cared about America overextending its empire and destabilizing the mideast in a way that backfires on us. And when we withdrew, first Iraq passed into ISIS, now it belongs to Iran. And we managed to consolidate more critical resources and regional support amongst our enemies after expending great blood and treasure of our own, mission accomplished. I'm not a visionary for calling a double headed coin each flip

The simplest thing would be doing a Kissinger. Russia is a Nuclear Superpower but Russia is not a threat to the United States because it is no longer a peer competitor.

Should have made nice with Russia and ask them to lock up Central Asia to stymied China's Belt and Road land route.

Get Russia to influence India and give India more control and stake in the Indian Ocean ( Diego Garcia ) is there as well. Continue with the TPP with strategic partnership with Vietnam, Singapore, Brunei, Indonesia , Japan , South Korea, Philippines etc etc to control the Straits of Malacca.
If the above worked out, the Chinese would have wanted to join the TPP but under USA led rules and regulations....less problems in South China Seas and less problem with Taiwan Straits locking up China's Belt and Road Sea Route.

But alas...... :lol:
Gold: 13.37
Jan 6 2024 08:59am
Quote (Hamsterbaby @ 6 Jan 2024 17:44)
The simplest thing would be doing a Kissinger. Russia is a Nuclear Superpower but Russia is not a threat to the United States because it is no longer a peer competitor.

Should have made nice with Russia and ask them to lock up Central Asia to stymied China's Belt and Road land route.

Get Russia to influence India and give India more control and stake in the Indian Ocean ( Diego Garcia ) is there as well. Continue with the TPP with strategic partnership with Vietnam, Singapore, Brunei, Indonesia , Japan , South Korea, Philippines etc etc to control the Straits of Malacca.
If the above worked out, the Chinese would have wanted to join the TPP but under USA led rules and regulations....less problems in South China Seas and less problem with Taiwan Straits locking up China's Belt and Road Sea Route.

Too complex. Just let me have an ice cream.
Gold: 13.37
Jan 6 2024 10:05am

The Wall Street Journal
Gold: 260.11
Jan 6 2024 11:30am
Quote (ofthevoid @ Jan 6 2024 04:17am)
Wildly inaccurate

I mean you could simply google some of these things instead of posting nonsense?

https://www.minneapolisfed.org/article/2023/how-the-oil-price-cap-balances-pain-for-russia-with-protecting-us-consumers

That number is the price to produce and doesn't include any other steps like transport, which I was explicitly including in my number. You can see because I said "even after drilling and transporting cost".

But sure, I didn't read even though you just missed something that simple.

Russia has significantly more cost to produce and transport after the sanctions and exit of western companies. They are also trading at a discount to the actual oil price. The best case is that Russia is around break even right now, but that's assuming increased costs aren't too bad. There's definitely added cost to transport. It's a messy situation but you have to squint extremely hard to rationalize Russia making any kind of significant profit in the current environment.

https://insights.som.yale.edu/insights/the-russian-oil-price-cap-can-work-again

This post was edited by Thor123422 on Jan 6 2024 11:43am
Gold: 8,470.00
Warn: 10%
Jan 6 2024 11:33am
Quote (Hamsterbaby @ Jan 6 2024 02:44pm)

India is to my mind perceived as a future threat to the US, which is why the US (by US I mean successive US Governments) continues (for decades) to finance Pakistan (the terrorist state on India's doorstep) and rig elections there. The segment relating to not peer competitor re: Russia, I completely agree with. It would have been very logical to cosy up to Russia but well, here we are.

This post was edited by ferdia on Jan 6 2024 11:34am
Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
Prev1386438653866386738684521Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll