d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate > Russia / Ukraine
Prev1385838593860386138624522Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 32,512.50
Warn: 10%
Dec 30 2023 05:41pm
Gold: 20,065.00
Dec 30 2023 06:11pm
Quote (Black XistenZ @ Dec 30 2023 06:16pm)
Lul? It absolutely does matter that they already controlled the Donbass and Crimea before the invasion. If those places had been the primary target, this whole war would have been unnecessary. The costs of this war have to weighed against the gains Russia made thanks to this war - namely the land bridge from Donetsk to Crimea and a few bombed out cities like Sieverodonetsk, Bakhmut, Mariupol and (in a couple of months) Avdiivka, which are all lying in ruins.

One post ago, you were boasting about what an accomplishment it was for Russia to hold off the Ukrainian counteroffensive although it was fueled by oh-so-much military spending by the West. Now, you turn around and stress that all this Western military spending doesn't actually amount to much. ;)

They controlled a fraction of the Donbass pre-war, you can look at the map and see how much it has expanded. The war is not just about controlling territory but degrading Ukraine to the point where they either give up NATO aspirations or the country is in such shambles that it would be an absolute liability to have them in NATO.

There's no boasting lol, it's objective that the collective west crowd sourced hundreds of billions in weapons to send to Ukraine and that firepower was going to reverse Russian gains. That didn't happen. My point is when we spend 800 billion in military expenditures that doesn't actually mean we get 8x the value compared to Russia's 100 billion per year. Because half the stuff we actually buy is overpriced and the whole industry is filled with bloat. In Russia it's not the same because, at least not right now because this is an existential threat.

Quote (Goomshill @ Dec 30 2023 06:20pm)
so anyway the war is escalating again

a day ago Russia launched its largest set of airstrikes on cities across Ukraine, particularly hitting Kharkiv many times
today Ukraine struck Belgorod in the mainland, apparently using the long range NATO supplied missiles that we were repeatedly pinky promised would not be used to strike "Russian territory" while still intending to attack the DPR/LPR/Crimea.
both Ukraine and Russia have raised formal protests to the attacks on each other at their security council / UN kabuki theaters, but notably Russia directly accused Britain of being behind the attack on Russia today

Every tit-for-tat has been way more severe and that's been their calling card for the entirety of this conflict. I keep wondering if the west continues to push the boundaries, how are they going to return the favor in years to come. Don't be surprised in a few years when some towelheads start targeting US bases or UK ships with sophisticated weapons.
Gold: 3,691.00
Dec 31 2023 04:34am
Dec 31 2023 05:05am
Quote (Malopox @ Dec 31 2023 10:34am)

Wow, your getting desperate.

Dec 31 2023 05:46am
Quote (Prox1m1ty @ 31 Dec 2023 12:05)
Wow, your getting desperate.

Have nothing else to add? Trolling as usual?

Here again is the link to the rules:
https://forums.d2jsp.org/info.php?p=9

It is also available in the toolbar above.
Dec 31 2023 06:12am
Quote (Malopox @ Dec 31 2023 11:46am)
Have nothing else to add? Trolling as usual?

Here again is the link to the rules:
https://forums.d2jsp.org/info.php?p=9

It is also available in the toolbar above.

Rent free ;)

Your posting an article complaining about media bias, literally clutching at the last straws.

Be concerned about Putin mobilising thousands of men to die for nothing, not so concerned about the language in a BBC article.

Damn.
Dec 31 2023 06:19am
Quote (Prox1m1ty @ 31 Dec 2023 13:12)
Rent free ;)

Your posting an article complaining about media bias, literally clutching at the last straws.

Be concerned about Putin mobilising thousands of men to die for nothing, not so concerned about the language in a BBC article.

Damn.

You are the one commenting on my posts with nonsense as you just can’t stop thinking about me and make it your daily chore to stalk me. Talking about the definition of living rent free.

Simple question: Do you deny the bias in those two articles by BBC describing missile attacks in Ukraine and Russia?
Dec 31 2023 06:20am
Quote (Malopox @ Dec 31 2023 12:19pm)
You are the one commenting on my posts with nonsense as you just can’t stop thinking about me and make it your daily chore to stalk me. Talking about the definition of living rent free.

Simple question: Do you deny the bias in those two articles by BBC describing missile attacks in Ukraine and Russia?

First answer these questions, how many BBC reporters do you think are in Belgorod?
Where do you think they get information on Russian casualties, inside Russia from?

That should help you understand how futile your post was.

You could also answer who you thought you were pming, when you accidentally pmed me your plan on how you would troll me :thumbsup:

This post was edited by Prox1m1ty on Dec 31 2023 06:22am
Dec 31 2023 06:33am
Quote (Prox1m1ty @ 31 Dec 2023 13:20)
First answer these questions, how many BBC reporters do you think are in Belgorod?
Where do you think they get information on Russian casualties, inside Russia from?

Same source as they get them from Ukraine - officials.

The question in my post that totally flew over your head which is a shame as you claim to be a native speaker so should understand the nuance in those articles much better than me - It was the tone of two articles describing two similar events - rocket attack with civilian casualties.

BBC News had Steve Rosenberg and his crew on the ground in Belgorod.

https://x.com/bbcstever/

Quote (Prox1m1ty @ 31 Dec 2023 13:20)
That should help you understand how futile your post was.

You could also answer who you thought you were pming, when you accidentally pmed me your plan on how you would troll me :thumbsup:

Talking about breaking the rules again and personal attacks. I’ve explained myself already and you know exactly what you read. What three goals did Russia proclaim as the target of this war, how are they defined and how did they change? If I bring up your PMs will you cry like a little girl claiming I’m personally attacking you?

I’ve been smacking you around in this thread for months using facts and arguments and you keep falling back on your butt trying to dodge, deflect and spew hatred and racism. I admire your perseverance trying to stand up after every smacking, but that looks like masochism at this point. I’m worried for your mental and physical wellbeing.

This post was edited by Malopox on Dec 31 2023 06:34am
Dec 31 2023 06:46am
Quote (Malopox @ Dec 31 2023 12:33pm)
Same source as they get them from Ukraine - officials.

The question in my post that totally flew over your head which is a shame as you claim to be a native speaker so should understand the nuance in those articles much better than me - It was the tone of two articles describing two similar events - rocket attack with civilian casualties.

BBC News had Steve Rosenberg and his crew on the ground in Belgorod.

https://x.com/bbcstever/

Talking about breaking the rules again and personal attacks. I’ve explained myself already and you know exactly what you read. What three goals did Russia proclaim as the target of this war, how are they defined and how did they change? If I bring up your PMs will you cry like a little girl claiming I’m personally attacking you?

I’ve been smacking you around in this thread for months using facts and arguments and you keep falling back on your butt trying to dodge, deflect and spew hatred and racism. I admire your perseverance trying to stand up after every smacking, but that looks like masochism at this point. I’m worried for your mental and physical wellbeing.

I can empathize that wording in BBC articles can hurt your feelings, and its totally not pathetic at all.
Well done for bringing up the heinous reporting by the BBC. In the grand scheme of things, this is one of the greatest evils the world is suffering from.

"spew hatred and racism"

What are you referencing here? Specifically. Because thats a serious allegation.

Feel free to PM me the quotes you think relate to this accusation. Just be sure to PM the correct person.

This post was edited by Prox1m1ty on Dec 31 2023 06:46am
Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
Prev1385838593860386138624522Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll