d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate > Russia / Ukraine
Prev1385738583859386038614522Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 32,512.50
Warn: 10%
Dec 30 2023 03:16pm
Quote (Malopox @ Dec 30 2023 08:55pm)
Calling your hypocrisy out does not violate these forum rules. In fact your post right here is the prime definition of hypocrisy as you flame, insult, post racist remarks, degrade your opponents, harass and bully everyone who disagrees with you.

You have on numerous occasions gratified violence against civilians going as far as posting drone strike videos with dead bodies for which you have been promptly suspended by the moderating team.

I also remember you got so over your head you got yourself warned and had to resort to attacks in PMs to several users here as you were unable to keep posting.

Have you read the rules yourself? Do you have anything of value to add to this thread besides constant insults and trolling?

Personally attacking another user goes against the forum rules.

That surely is not difficult to understand?

If you want i discuss anything, you are more than welcome to post without trolling or insulting.

This post was edited by Prox1m1ty on Dec 30 2023 03:16pm
Gold: 3,691.00
Dec 30 2023 03:20pm
Quote (Prox1m1ty @ 30 Dec 2023 22:16)
Personally attacking another user goes against the forum rules.

That surely is not difficult to understand?

If you want i discuss anything, you are more than welcome to post without trolling or insulting.

You can look up my recent posts and let me know which one of them you consider a personal attack.

No need to deflect when cornered. You can just dodge and not reply if you have nothing to say.
Gold: 32,512.50
Warn: 10%
Dec 30 2023 03:24pm
Quote (Malopox @ Dec 30 2023 09:20pm)
You can look up my recent posts and let me know which one of them you consider a personal attack.

No need to deflect when cornered. You can just dodge and not reply if you have nothing to say.

Quote (Malopox @ Dec 30 2023 07:44pm)
Then you should really consider self educating once you are done painting your top 10 list of hypocrites with those crayons I recommended you earlier.

Nothing to say to what exactly? As I said I'm open to discussing most relevant issues, even with those I disagree with; In fact especially those I disagree with.
You are trolling and adding nothing, so I am showing you where to find the rules that would better allow you not to be banned for breaking said rules.

Here again is the link to the rules:
https://forums.d2jsp.org/info.php?p=9

It is also available in the toolbar above.

Gold: 260.11
Dec 30 2023 04:09pm
Quote (Prox1m1ty @ Dec 30 2023 03:24pm)
Nothing to say to what exactly? As I said I'm open to discussing most relevant issues, even with those I disagree with; In fact especially those I disagree with.
You are trolling and adding nothing, so I am showing you where to find the rules that would better allow you not to be banned for breaking said rules.

Here again is the link to the rules:
https://forums.d2jsp.org/info.php?p=9

It is also available in the toolbar above.

Bro will argue till he's blue in the face that NATO supplied arms and training to do a coup in Ukraine because John McCain made a speech there.

Not really worth fighting over.
Gold: 4,404.67
Dec 30 2023 05:05pm
Quote (Malopox @ 30 Dec 2023 18:30)
That is true, however Russia has moved on to Chinese cars with Russia being the BIGGEST export market for Chinese cars trumping the next 4 markets combined in 2023.

Chinese cars are impossibly cheap, yet they haven't been able to establish themselves in any Western or (foreign) East Asian market, evidently due to their shitty quality. That Russia, a place which has run out of other options, has become far and away the biggest export market for Chinese cars just reinforces this point.

GDP is set to grow DESPITE suppressed exchange rate of the rouble

Yes, Russia coped with the sanctions better than expected. Their economy is still heavily reliant on gas and oil sales, whose prices had gone through the roof last year and still remained rather high throughout this year. That's why Russia is able to achieve mini growth. Simply put: if oil prices collapse anytime soon, so will Russia's GDP and public budget.

Quote (Malopox @ 30 Dec 2023 20:16)
I’ve spent countless posts here trying to explain this, but here is an article by ex Euromoney/Banker chief deep diving into Russian facts and numbers:
https://intellinews.com/russia-overtakes-germany-to-become-fifth-biggest-economy-in-the-world-in-gdp-on-a-ppp-basis-286944/

This doesn't disprove what I said. A lot of their manufacturing is tied to the maintenance of their fossil energy sector, and if you look at where the net value added is coming from in their economy, the picture will indeed be heavily skewed toward commodities.

Likewise, who cares if Russia with its 145m people has a similar GDP to Germany with its 81m people if we go by PPP - Germany makes up one fifth of the population and one quarter of the economy of the EU, and then you have to add productive economies like Norway, the UK and Switzerland to get the full economy of Europe - and then the US economy is roughly as big as that of Europe. Canada, Japan, Australia and South Korea are also no slouch. So yes, even if we go by PPP, or even if we go purely by the size of the respective countries' manufacturing sector, Russia's economy and industry is still mangitudes smaller than that of the Western countries and their Asian allies.

This post was edited by Black XistenZ on Dec 30 2023 05:16pm
Gold: 22,164.69
Dec 30 2023 05:13pm
Quote (IceMage @ Dec 30 2023 01:13pm)
If Russia wins, how likely are those of us on PaRD to travel there?

I'd love to travel to Ukraine but if it's controlled by a Russian puppet I would never go there. Part of a trip there would be to support the economy, but if it's controlled by traitors I wouldn't go.

Dec 30 2023 05:16pm
Quote (ofthevoid @ 30 Dec 2023 21:58)
1.They control most of the valuable parts of Ukraine, which is most of the Donbass (which has gas, oil and other minerals) and Crimea which has extremely high strategic importance to them. It doesn't matter since when they hold that territory.

Lul? It absolutely does matter that they already controlled the Donbass and Crimea before the invasion. If those places had been the primary target, this whole war would have been unnecessary. The costs of this war have to weighed against the gains Russia made thanks to this war - namely the land bridge from Donetsk to Crimea and a few bombed out cities like Sieverodonetsk, Bakhmut, Mariupol and (in a couple of months) Avdiivka, which are all lying in ruins.

2.Our billions and their billions are not the same. They get way more bang for their buck because our industry is parasitic and profit maximizing in nature. The corpos basically get blank checks and charge the US government whatever they like. Thats how we end up running low on supplies of 155mm shells even though we far outspend them, to the tune of almost 10:1.

One post ago, you were boasting about what an accomplishment it was for Russia to hold off the Ukrainian counteroffensive although it was fueled by oh-so-much military spending by the West. Now, you turn around and stress that all this Western military spending doesn't actually amount to much. ;)

------------------------------

Quote (Malopox @ 30 Dec 2023 20:16)
I’ve spent countless posts here trying to explain this, but here is an article by ex Euromoney/Banker chief deep diving into Russian facts and numbers:
https://intellinews.com/russia-overtakes-germany-to-become-fifth-biggest-economy-in-the-world-in-gdp-on-a-ppp-basis-286944/

Regarding this article again:
However, the analysis can’t end with just having a lot of big factories. The quality of what they make also plays an important role. And on this score Russia falls down, as it remains heavily dependent on Western technology, as bne IntelliNews reported in a deep dive into Russia’s precision tools sector, the Kremlin’s soft sanctions underbelly.

This ties in nicely with what I had been saying all along:
Quote (Black XistenZ @ 30 Dec 2023 19:40)
The reality is that Russian manufacturing (as well as other industries) will fall even further behind technologically than they already were to begin with.

Gold: 22,164.69
Dec 30 2023 05:20pm
so anyway the war is escalating again

a day ago Russia launched its largest set of airstrikes on cities across Ukraine, particularly hitting Kharkiv many times
today Ukraine struck Belgorod in the mainland, apparently using the long range NATO supplied missiles that we were repeatedly pinky promised would not be used to strike "Russian territory" while still intending to attack the DPR/LPR/Crimea.
both Ukraine and Russia have raised formal protests to the attacks on each other at their security council / UN kabuki theaters, but notably Russia directly accused Britain of being behind the attack on Russia today
Dec 30 2023 05:26pm
Quote (Goomshill @ 31 Dec 2023 00:20)
so anyway the war is escalating again

a day ago Russia launched its largest set of airstrikes on cities across Ukraine, particularly hitting Kharkiv many times
today Ukraine struck Belgorod in the mainland, apparently using the long range NATO supplied missiles that we were repeatedly pinky promised would not be used to strike "Russian territory" while still intending to attack the DPR/LPR/Crimea.
both Ukraine and Russia have raised formal protests to the attacks on each other at their security council / UN kabuki theaters, but notably Russia directly accused Britain of being behind the attack on Russia today

The major Russian airstrikes from yesterday were clearly a retaliation for the naval ship transporting a shitton of Iranian Shahed drones that Ukraine destroyed two/three days ago - as legitimate a military target as it gets.
But yes, it's an escalation. We'll see where this goes. (Spoiler alert: it won't end with Russian nukes on London.)
Gold: 751.50
Dec 30 2023 05:40pm
Quote (IceMage @ Dec 30 2023 08:13pm)
If Russia wins, how likely are those of us on PaRD to travel there?

I'd love to travel to Ukraine but if it's controlled by a Russian puppet I would never go there. Part of a trip there would be to support the economy, but if it's controlled by traitors I wouldn't go.

i just need the war to end to travel there, although i do know a guy, who traveled through russia without a problem last summer (including crimea and some occupied areas)

cant wait to do my vladivostok motorcycle trip
Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
Prev1385738583859386038614522Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll