d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate > Russia / Ukraine
Prev1382638273828382938304523Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 49,320.00
Dec 17 2023 05:37pm
Quote (Goomshill @ 18 Dec 2023 07:08)
Well there was a lot of back and forth reciprocal escalation by that point, after Obama's failed 'reset'. Obama's main jab against Putin was to try to bleed them in Syria to fight rebels, but it backfired on us in the most catastrophic way possible as Putin used his jiu jitsu by simply letting Syria fester instead of engaging it, unleashing a tidal wave of refugees on the EU and spawning ISIS and within a few years Obama was right back there handing Syria to Putin on a silver platter. Its the example I've pointed to so many times of how Obama went into office with a doctrine of 'be pragmatic instead of repeating Bush's mistaken interventions' only to fuck up everything anyway. I mean you can only be as pragmatic as you are competent. But yeah all that preceded the 2014 Maidan coup supported by the US, which Putin immediately followed by annexing Crimea and sending in his little green men and the slow burning civil war that followed.

I think the whole idea of 'appeasement vs aggression' is a false dichotomy. Its a matter of being aggressive when it works, backing off when it doesn't. If Joe Biden was actually willing to put up the display of military force and threats required to make Putin back down before the 2021 invasion, that would be a successful use of sabre rattling. But instead Joe Biden greenlit the invasion and told Putin we wouldn't stop him. Pretty stark contrast from Trump's bombastic apocalyptic threats of destruction to bring the DPRK to more peaceful relations. Put on a weak face and Putin will walk right over you. And when he did walk over Biden, Biden employed that stupid half-measure response that has sparked a bloody and disastrous conflict, another wave of refugees, locked up global food and energy and supply chains, put the iron curtain back in place and undermined our geopolitical hegemony of the petrodollar all at the same time. Again as I've said so many times.

Thank you.... :hail: It is always a pleasure to read your stuff.
Gold: 4,404.67
Dec 17 2023 06:59pm
Quote (Goomshill @ 18 Dec 2023 00:08)
Well there was a lot of back and forth reciprocal escalation by that point, after Obama's failed 'reset'. Obama's main jab against Putin was to try to bleed them in Syria to fight rebels, but it backfired on us in the most catastrophic way possible as Putin used his jiu jitsu by simply letting Syria fester instead of engaging it, unleashing a tidal wave of refugees on the EU and spawning ISIS and within a few years Obama was right back there handing Syria to Putin on a silver platter. Its the example I've pointed to so many times of how Obama went into office with a doctrine of 'be pragmatic instead of repeating Bush's mistaken interventions' only to fuck up everything anyway. I mean you can only be as pragmatic as you are competent. But yeah all that preceded the 2014 Maidan coup supported by the US, which Putin immediately followed by annexing Crimea and sending in his little green men and the slow burning civil war that followed.

I think the whole idea of 'appeasement vs aggression' is a false dichotomy. Its a matter of being aggressive when it works, backing off when it doesn't. If Joe Biden was actually willing to put up the display of military force and threats required to make Putin back down before the 2021 invasion, that would be a successful use of sabre rattling. But instead Joe Biden greenlit the invasion and told Putin we wouldn't stop him. Pretty stark contrast from Trump's bombastic apocalyptic threats of destruction to bring the DPRK to more peaceful relations. Put on a weak face and Putin will walk right over you. And when he did walk over Biden, Biden employed that stupid half-measure response that has sparked a bloody and disastrous conflict, another wave of refugees, locked up global food and energy and supply chains, put the iron curtain back in place and undermined our geopolitical hegemony of the petrodollar all at the same time. Again as I've said so many times.

I really don't think Syria in 2011/12 was primarily an attempt at bleeding Russia. To me, it seemed like the decision-makers in the West really got caught in the moment, really thought that the Arab world would (finally) shed its strongmen dictators and establish liberal democracies.

The DPRK doesn't seem more peaceful to me. They were constantly saber rattling before the summit with Trump, and kept saber rattling afterwards (and to this day). I think what Trump tried was worth a shot, but it clearly didn't change the trajectory NK was on.

Regarding Ukraine, I don't necessarily disagree with all you've said, but it strikes me as really odd how the failure and blame seems to lie exclusively with Obama/Biden in your eyes. You're making it sound as if Putin had no agency, as if he was a victim of the cirucmstances forced on him by the nefarious West who left him no choice than to unleash this war, bomb civilian infrastructure (like power and heat stations) and weaponize food exports.

This post was edited by Black XistenZ on Dec 17 2023 07:00pm
Gold: 32,502.50
Warn: 10%
Dec 18 2023 01:22pm
Russia's industrial base is now on a war footing, how will they ever be stopped from capturing every major European capital?

Also Russia's military hardware -

This post was edited by Prox1m1ty on Dec 18 2023 01:27pm
Gold: 3,691.00
Dec 18 2023 01:28pm
Quote (Prox1m1ty @ 18 Dec 2023 19:22)
Russia's industrial base is now on a war footing, how will they ever be stopped from capturing every major European capital?

https://i.imgur.com/1xBU0eY.png

Is that a ghillie suit and a grill on a buhanka? Lol straight out of Dumb & Dumber

Banned
Gold: 0.10
Dec 18 2023 02:06pm
Quote (Prox1m1ty @ Dec 18 2023 09:22pm)

https://i.imgur.com/IJxFdAk.png

Gold: 55,231.00
Dec 18 2023 05:27pm
Quote (Goomshill @ Dec 17 2023 03:08pm)

Post is so full of stupid it’s disgusting. Somehow it’s all Obamas fault not the republicans who screwed him over every time he tried to do the right thing? If you understood the American political structure, you would know the president is NOT a king. There are layers. The only thing Obama messed up personally was how he handled osama. We should kept that fucker alive and force him bacon for the rest of his life. Instead, we turned him into a martyr. And your trash talking of Biden? Lolz. Putin had a deal with trump. The deal was that if trump got reelected, they would hold off on their Ukraine invasion. Instead, trump lost, so they just bumped up their invasion timeline and here we are now
Gold: 13,520.00
Dec 18 2023 05:35pm
Quote (Goomshill @ Dec 17 2023 11:08pm)
... I mean you can only be as pragmatic as you are competent. But yeah all that preceded the 2014 Maidan coup supported by the US, which Putin immediately followed by annexing Crimea and sending in his little green men and the slow burning civil war that followed.

i tend to agree with all that.

also

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2023/dec/18/courts-halt-cases-against-alexei-navalny-after-disappearance-of-jailed-activist

This post was edited by ferdia on Dec 18 2023 05:56pm
Gold: 11.11
Dec 19 2023 05:54am
Looks like Finland will become the next Ukraine.

Gold: 100,701.50
Dec 19 2023 06:29am
Quote (Prox1m1ty @ Dec 18 2023 08:22pm)

https://i.imgur.com/IJxFdAk.png

Seems like you don't understand what's going on buddy just like you didn't understand why soldiers would want to strap logs to their IFV. Everyone uses camouflage what do you not understand FFS

Quote (Uber23 @ Dec 19 2023 01:49am)

Again? Russia humiliated? Or the guy who was supposed to die of Parkinson's and cancer last year?
Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
Prev1382638273828382938304523Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll