d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate > Russiagate Gathering Steam?
Prev1377378379380381445Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 17,384.69
Mar 10 2019 11:37am
Whitaker:

5 weeks ago:
Mueller probe 'close to being completed'
https://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-trump-russia-probe/mueller-probe-close-to-being-completed-acting-u-s-attorney-general-idUSKCN1PM2KQ
1 week ago:
Whitaker, former acting U.S. attorney general, leaves Justice Dept
https://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-justice-whitaker/whitaker-former-acting-us-attorney-general-leaves-justice-department-idUSKCN1QL1WD

what's the delay corresponding to 'close to being completed' ? next week maybe ?

Free bump.
Gold: 0.00
Mar 10 2019 01:10pm
Gold: 5,016.77
Mar 11 2019 09:47am
Quote (Santara @ Mar 6 2019 10:26pm)

"Process crimes that have nothing to do with Trump or Russia."

Mike Flynn:

On December 1, 2017, special counsel Robert Mueller agreed to a plea bargain in which Flynn pleaded guilty to "willfully and knowingly" making "false, fictitious and fraudulent statements" to the FBI regarding conversations with Russia's ambassador. Specifically, Flynn falsely denied that he had asked Russia's ambassador to the United States Sergey Kislyak on December 29, 2016, "to refrain from escalating ... in response to sanctions that the United States had imposed against Russia that same day." Flynn pleaded guilty the same day as such plea bargain and acknowledged that he was cooperating with the investigation by Mueller.

George Papadopoulos:

On October 5, 2017, Papadopoulos pleaded guilty in the U.S. District Court for the District of Columbia to making false statements to FBI agents relating to contacts he had with agents of the Russian government while working for the Trump campaign.

Paul Manafort:

WASHINGTON — As a top official in President Trump’s campaign, Paul Manafort shared political polling data with a business associate tied to Russian intelligence, according to a court filing unsealed on Tuesday. The document provided the clearest evidence to date that the Trump campaign may have tried to coordinate with Russians during the 2016 presidential race.

Michael Cohen:

On November 29, 2018, Cohen pleaded guilty to lying to the Senate Intelligence Committee and House Intelligence Committee in 2017 regarding the proposed Trump Tower Moscow deal that he spearheaded in 2015 and 2016. Cohen had told Congress that the deal ceased in January 2016 when it actually ended in June 2016, and that he had not received a response about the deal from the office of a senior Russian official when he actually had. Cohen said that he had given the false testimony in order to be consistent with Trump's "repeated disavowals of commercial and political ties between himself and Russia" and out of loyalty to Trump.

:bouncy:

Gold: 8,933.00
Mar 11 2019 11:58am
Quote (IceMage @ Mar 11 2019 09:47am)
"Process crimes that have nothing to do with Trump or Russia."

Mike Flynn: pleaded guilty to a process crime, not to a behavior that was itself a crime.

George Papadopoulos: pleaded guilty to a process crime, not to a behavior that was itself a crime.

Paul Manafort: convicted of financial crimes unrelated to the presidential campaign.

Michael Cohen: the crimes he committed relating to Trump have nothing to do with Russia, and instead revolve around paying off his sloots.

:bouncy:

Bouncy indeed.
Mar 11 2019 03:58pm
Quote (Santara @ Mar 11 2019 12:58pm)
Bouncy indeed.

So you admit that your picture is wrong. The process crimes were related to Russia and/or Trump. These people all lied about Russia related matters.

That doesn't mean anyone colluded... but it's absolutely relevant to the core investigation.
Gold: 8,933.00
Mar 11 2019 05:26pm
Quote (IceMage @ Mar 11 2019 03:58pm)
So you admit that your picture is wrong. The process crimes were related to Russia and/or Trump. These people all lied about Russia related matters.

That doesn't mean anyone colluded... but it's absolutely relevant to the core investigation.

Not at all. For the convictions to mean something as they pertain to Russia, they would need to be convicted of crimes involving Russia. Not crimes involving lying about not-illegal activity. Actual illegal activity. Like espionage.
Gold: 2,617.52
Mar 11 2019 07:44pm
Drank Russian vodka the other day

Mueller's gunna knock down my door any day now

WITCH HUNT!
Mar 12 2019 07:13am
Quote (Santara @ Mar 11 2019 06:26pm)
Not at all. For the convictions to mean something as they pertain to Russia, they would need to be convicted of crimes involving Russia. Not crimes involving lying about not-illegal activity. Actual illegal activity. Like espionage.

That's not what your picture said.

When you can't find any Russian collusion, so you indict everybody on process crimes that have nothing to do with Trump or Russia.

The bold is simply not true. You're essentially arguing that their lies had nothing to do with collusion... but until Mueller is finished, we really don't know that. The working theory is a quid pro quo of a lucrative real estate deal/election help for sanctions relief. All of the lies I listed fit neatly into that collusion theory.

I know this doesn't get talked about on Rush Limbaugh... but I'm happy to educate.
Gold: 0.00
Mar 12 2019 07:56am
Quote (IceMage @ Mar 12 2019 08:13am)
That's not what your picture said.

The bold is simply not true. You're essentially arguing that their lies had nothing to do with collusion... but until Mueller is finished, we really don't know that. The working theory is a quid pro quo of a lucrative real estate deal/election help for sanctions relief. All of the lies I listed fit neatly into that collusion theory.

I know this doesn't get talked about on Rush Limbaugh... but I'm happy to educate.

I'm really curious to see if Mueller has been able to find anything concrete regarding the sale of Rosneft.
Gold: 28,296.75
Mar 13 2019 08:30am
Final sentencing for Paul Manafort today

personally I'm not for throwing the book at him on this last phase as some sort of revenge or example sentencing

the arguments will be over taking responsibility vs the role he played

These couple years of court for white collar crimes are punishments within themselves. You take the money, you stop the crime, you destroy the reputation (deserved) as an anti-cage person I can't see much benefit in long or max prison sentences for these types of criminals

The guy got wrecked and he deserved it but I'm not gonna support life sentences for these old dirtballs

let them have a chance at dying at home with whoever will still stick around them after they have been exposed. To me the real punishment is the process. Throw a little time in there and let him die at home in shame and embarrassment with debt

Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
Prev1377378379380381445Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll