d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate > Russia / Ukraine
Prev136373839404501Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 10.50
Feb 28 2022 02:30pm
Quote (ferdia @ Feb 28 2022 09:01pm)
Well ultimately China wants to do the same thing to Taiwan, so I dont see them asking Russia to stop. India has alot of intelligent people but at the same time they were quite MAD on Pakistan a few years ago. Hard to see them pulling the plug either.

There is a vast difference between annexing and reintegrate a 'defected country' which isn't viewed as a 'own nation' by all but a handful of other countries in the world and invading a totally independent and sovereign nation. And to be clear: I'm absolutely against China annexing Taiwan.
As for India: yes, they have tensions with Pakistan but they are mutual (see border dispute mentioned by Cascadian). This again is a whole different scenario.
Gold: 2,170.00
Feb 28 2022 02:32pm
Quote (kclla @ Feb 28 2022 08:28pm)
Imagine having an AA instalation with a radar truck get taken out by a drone. The very thing you are charged with detecting and destroying.

What incompetent baboonery is this shit Russia.

Obv NSFW

https://funker530.com/video/ukrainian-tb2-drone-destroys-russian-buk-m1-air-defense-system/

many of them are children, completely untrained, clearly their morale is super low, it is absolutely impossible not to know that thousands already died, they can't get back because it's deserting/treason, the orders are confusing and silly considering the whole situations, they are more or less wiating to die.
Gold: 10.50
Feb 28 2022 02:33pm
Quote (Vastet @ Feb 28 2022 09:15pm)
An influx of cheap Russian goods would be of great benefit to China and India both. They have motivation to stay away from cutting ties to Russia. Russia has much to lose, but so does the West.

I'm not saying they will cut ties with Russia. But they will start pressuring Russia the longer this goes on. India sooner than China.
Gold: 10.00
Feb 28 2022 02:35pm
Quote (Cascadian @ 28 Feb 2022 15:16)
What Russian goods other than energy can Russia produce cheaper than China or India??

Everything, because the Russian ruble is valueless in the West right now so Russia has to sell cheap as hell to get people to buy. If I'm India and I have to choose between cheap Russian wheat or expensive American wheat, I'm going to buy Russian.

Quote (SanduLungu @ 28 Feb 2022 15:22)
russian propaganda is a joke. they broadcast in russia that ukrainians are drunks that shoot each other with aks. in the meantime, 5000+ russians are alraedy dead in ukraine. while all the ukrainian dead are nowhere near that including all from heavy bombing and shelling.

here's another interesting point, while all the press in russia and the internet are heavily censored, the troops in ukraine can use the internet that is not censored. they will see that there's a whole new world out there and they will see their own dead.

ukrainians are impossible to control. with ukraine "fake" independent or ukraine part of russia, they will continue to resist for decades like the polish did under both russians and germans in WW2.

American propaganda is as much a joke as Russian propaganda. All claims of casualties are coming from the West. Russia is very specifically pretending that Ukrainian military personnel are throwing weapons down en mass while the West is saying Russians are dying in droves. No proof has been presented to back either claim, so I call bs on both claims.

Ukraine is impossible for Russia to control I agree. But Russia doesn't appear to want to control it anyway. Nor do they have to.
Feb 28 2022 02:40pm
Quote (Vastet @ Feb 28 2022 08:35pm)
Everything, because the Russian ruble is valueless in the West right now so Russia has to sell cheap as hell to get people to buy. If I'm India and I have to choose between cheap Russian wheat or expensive American wheat, I'm going to buy Russian.

American propaganda is as much a joke as Russian propaganda. All claims of casualties are coming from the West. Russia is very specifically pretending that Ukrainian military personnel are throwing weapons down en mass while the West is saying Russians are dying in droves. No proof has been presented to back either claim, so I call bs on both claims.

Ukraine is impossible for Russia to control I agree. But Russia doesn't appear to want to control it anyway. Nor do they have to.

i dont know, there are so many russian tanks and vechicles and so on already destroyed. so many left as they fled. it's really bad for the russians compared to what they were expecting.

the ukrainians are not waiting for them with vodka and flowers, it's javelins and aks.
Feb 28 2022 02:46pm
Quote (SanduLungu @ 28 Feb 2022 15:40)
i dont know, there are so many russian tanks and vechicles and so on already destroyed. so many left as they fled. it's really bad for the russians compared to what they were expecting.

the ukrainians are not waiting for them with vodka and flowers, it's javelins and aks.

I have little doubt that more resistance has been encountered than expected, but not one source is available on Ukrainian casualties. Neither Western nor Russian. There's talk about Ukrainian civilian casualties, but not military casualties. I find that quite interesting, because there's no way in hell that thousands of Russian soldiers are dead but not one Ukrainian soldier has died.
Gold: 177.66
Feb 28 2022 02:47pm
Quote (Vastet @ Feb 28 2022 12:35pm)

I have 4 drone strike videos on densely packed Russian convoys to show you...
Gold: 115.00
Warn: 20%
Feb 28 2022 02:57pm
Feb 28 2022 03:02pm
Quote (kclla @ 28 Feb 2022 15:47)
I have 4 drone strike videos on densely packed Russian convoys to show you...

Which says nothing without information on the flip side. Ukraine lost most or all of its air force and navy within hours of the start of the conflict from information I've seen. Mounting Russian losses make perfect sense if Russia is serious about avoiding civilian casualties. You lose offensive and defensive perfection when you don't try to wipe everything out.
Feb 28 2022 03:07pm
Quote (Vastet @ Feb 28 2022 08:46pm)
I have little doubt that more resistance has been encountered than expected, but not one source is available on Ukrainian casualties. Neither Western nor Russian. There's talk about Ukrainian civilian casualties, but not military casualties. I find that quite interesting, because there's no way in hell that thousands of Russian soldiers are dead but not one Ukrainian soldier has died.

acutally there are many ucrainians soldiers dead. however nowhere near 5k. and not eventhat many civilians. also now that so many civilians are actively fighting, im not sure how those will be counted.
Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
Prev136373839404501Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll