d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate > Russia / Ukraine
Prev135363738394501Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 0.00
Feb 28 2022 02:09pm
The Ukrainian ambassador to the UN has no chill. Basically tells Putin to eat a gun in front of the General Assembly.

https://old.reddit.com/r/interestingasfuck/comments/t3j0tu/ukrainian_ambassador_to_the_un_pretty_much_tells/
Gold: 30,584.00
Warn: 10%
Feb 28 2022 02:11pm
Quote (SanduLungu @ Feb 28 2022 07:49pm)
putin is towards the end of his reign, he can't do shit in ukraine, if he does take it, it won't ever be stabile.

I was thinking about this the other day, I don't know if its on the table but I see 2 options:

1. He installs a Pro Russian Government. in 20-40 years time it may be we are here again and the next Russian Leader is not as nostalgic as Putin and Ukraine becomes independant, with no hard feelings / clingy ex husband.
2. He subsumes Ukraine into Russia. I don't expect this to happen, but from Putin's stand point this would be the better option for Russia on a fast forward 20-40 years (i.e. if its part of Russia and no longer "exists" then the idea of it self governing and declaring itself independant is removed).

This post was edited by ferdia on Feb 28 2022 02:12pm
Gold: 10.00
Feb 28 2022 02:12pm
Quote (SanduLungu @ 28 Feb 2022 14:49)
sure, lets say that is true. those many millions of russians are most likely uneducated too. they will think it's because of the embargo and shit.

listen, I dont necesarily disagree with you, it will take time, but it is clearly against putin.

putin is towards the end of his reign, he can't do shit in ukraine, if he does take it, it won't ever be stabile.

his economy is fucked royally, more and more, etc.

putin did not win anything.

and until the next winter when europe will needs his gas, there are like 10 more months.

It depends really. I can see the possibility of Russia ending up far worse for wear for decades following this, but I can also see the possibility that all the sanctions and disconnection from swift are actually serving to make Russia's alternatives even stronger and weakening the US dollar as multiple countries are forced to join Russia's system to maintain business with Russia. Plenty of nations are keeping relations and trade with Russia alive, so to some extent that is certainly going to happen. Whether it is enough to keep Russia strong I don't know.

One side at least has miscalculated here. But it's possible that all sides (except China, who comes out the only winner in the conflict) have miscalculated. I'm not inclined to believe American propaganda any more than I am Russian propaganda. What I do believe is that Putin hasn't backed down at all. Which suggests the possibility that all current actions were predicted ahead of time. It's a bit of a stretch perhaps, but if indeed Russia was prepared then no actions yet taken are going to do anything but play into Russia's hands. I rather hope such is not the case, as in my opinion it is of value to the world for super powers to hold each other in check. They would no longer be able to do so economically if two separate global economies are the result of the conflict. Which leaves only military options. That is very dangerous.
Gold: 10.00
Feb 28 2022 02:15pm
Quote (NeedUlikeAdrug @ 28 Feb 2022 14:56)
And you think China or India can make up for the loss of exports to other countries? How do you think they will manage that? Do you think there will be five to ten times the demand in these countries all of a sudden? Not even talking about the nonexistent resources to manage that.
Besides, how long do you think China will watch the continued aggression of Russia? India's tolerance is even on a shorter fuse.

An influx of cheap Russian goods would be of great benefit to China and India both. They have motivation to stay away from cutting ties to Russia. Russia has much to lose, but so does the West.
Gold: 281.64
Feb 28 2022 02:16pm
Quote (Vastet @ 28 Feb 2022 12:15)
An influx of cheap Russian goods would be of great benefit to China and India both. They have motivation to stay away from cutting ties to Russia. Russia has much to lose, but so does the West.

What Russian goods other than energy can Russia produce cheaper than China or India??
Gold: 2,170.00
Feb 28 2022 02:22pm
Quote (Vastet @ Feb 28 2022 08:12pm)
It depends really. I can see the possibility of Russia ending up far worse for wear for decades following this, but I can also see the possibility that all the sanctions and disconnection from swift are actually serving to make Russia's alternatives even stronger and weakening the US dollar as multiple countries are forced to join Russia's system to maintain business with Russia. Plenty of nations are keeping relations and trade with Russia alive, so to some extent that is certainly going to happen. Whether it is enough to keep Russia strong I don't know.

One side at least has miscalculated here. But it's possible that all sides (except China, who comes out the only winner in the conflict) have miscalculated. I'm not inclined to believe American propaganda any more than I am Russian propaganda. What I do believe is that Putin hasn't backed down at all. Which suggests the possibility that all current actions were predicted ahead of time. It's a bit of a stretch perhaps, but if indeed Russia was prepared then no actions yet taken are going to do anything but play into Russia's hands. I rather hope such is not the case, as in my opinion it is of value to the world for super powers to hold each other in check. They would no longer be able to do so economically if two separate global economies are the result of the conflict. Which leaves only military options. That is very dangerous.

russian propaganda is a joke. they broadcast in russia that ukrainians are drunks that shoot each other with aks. in the meantime, 5000+ russians are alraedy dead in ukraine. while all the ukrainian dead are nowhere near that including all from heavy bombing and shelling.

here's another interesting point, while all the press in russia and the internet are heavily censored, the troops in ukraine can use the internet that is not censored. they will see that there's a whole new world out there and they will see their own dead.

Quote (ferdia @ Feb 28 2022 08:11pm)
I was thinking about this the other day, I don't know if its on the table but I see 2 options:

1. He installs a Pro Russian Government. in 20-40 years time it may be we are here again and the next Russian Leader is not as nostalgic as Putin and Ukraine becomes independant, with no hard feelings / clingy ex husband.
2. He subsumes Ukraine into Russia. I don't expect this to happen, but from Putin's stand point this would be the better option for Russia on a fast forward 20-40 years (i.e. if its part of Russia and no longer "exists" then the idea of it self governing and declaring itself independant is removed).

ukrainians are impossible to control. with ukraine "fake" independent or ukraine part of russia, they will continue to resist for decades like the polish did under both russians and germans in WW2.
Gold: 3,700.00
Warn: 10%
Feb 28 2022 02:22pm
Ukrainian men 18-60 forced to stay behind to fight: NO COMPLAINTS.

American men told to wear masks in wal-mart while they buy larping camo and tobacco dip: FULL ON TANTRUMS ABOUT "MUH FREEDOM"
Feb 28 2022 02:25pm
Quote (Surfpunk @ Feb 28 2022 08:09pm)
The Ukrainian ambassador to the UN has no chill. Basically tells Putin to eat a gun in front of the General Assembly.

https://old.reddit.com/r/interestingasfuck/comments/t3j0tu/ukrainian_ambassador_to_the_un_pretty_much_tells/

fucking lold.

this is an example of how putin got these guys in such a cornered position that they don't care anymore.

they won't hold back anymore regardless of the area. especially to put bullets in russian brains.
Gold: 177.66
Feb 28 2022 02:28pm
Imagine having an AA instalation with a radar truck get taken out by a drone. The very thing you are charged with detecting and destroying.

What incompetent baboonery is this shit Russia. This is the 4th drone strike video released in 3 days, with at least a combined dozen vehicle kills, likely more critically disabled from secondary explosions from being too densely packed in convoys.

Obv NSFW

https://funker530.com/video/ukrainian-tb2-drone-destroys-russian-buk-m1-air-defense-system/

This post was edited by kclla on Feb 28 2022 02:31pm
Feb 28 2022 02:30pm
Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
Prev135363738394501Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll