d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate >
Poll > How To Get To Heaven When You Die
Prev1341342343344345487Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
  Guests cannot view or vote in polls. Please register or login.
Gold: 0.00
Jan 14 2023 05:33am
Quote (addone @ Jan 14 2023 08:07pm)
What are you even talking about these two statements are polar opposites. One contradicts the other one is saying ive seen god face to face the other saying no man has seen god ever.

How much proof do you require when its plain as day in the very childrens book you seem to idolize? The bible is full of these contradictions you are literally believe in the book of lies.

You're obviously taking these at face value. You are shown two very small snippets and you make up your mind without doing any research into the matter.

I've been down this road before where I would have to be the one who goes and does the research but you are obviously not interested in listening into whatever would turn up.

I already know that you didn't look any further into the matter and you are not interested in doing so because you hate God. Unfortunately the devil has tricked you into questioning God's trustworthiness, a tactic that has dated all the way back to Genesis 3.
Gold: 69.69
Warn: 40%
Jan 14 2023 05:47am
Quote (CPK001 @ Jan 15 2023 12:33am)
You're obviously taking these at face value. You are shown two very small snippets and you make up your mind without doing any research into the matter.

I've been down this road before where I would have to be the one who goes and does the research but you are obviously not interested in listening into whatever would turn up.

I already know that you didn't look any further into the matter and you are not interested in doing so because you hate God. Unfortunately the devil has tricked you into questioning God's trustworthiness, a tactic that has dated all the way back to Genesis 3.

I've done the research it's called swindlers tried to sound smart when they wrote this hogwash but ended up sounding like complete loons.

Here is another one for your brain to explode. Maybe you can do some research on these mental gymnastics.

Do not answer fools according to their folly, or you will be a fool yourself. Answer fools according to their folly, or they will be wise in their own eyes.
Proverbs 26:4-5
Jan 14 2023 05:58am
Watch Christians perform mental gymnastics when they see

20 So Joshua and the Israelites defeated them completely, but a few survivors managed to reach their fortified cities.
Joshua 10:20

But, but, but... Have you studied the bible? Why would anyone study the bible when it's lies ontop of lies, contradictions, completely fairy tale made up scientifically inpractical stories?

Ask yourself why do you have to go to extreme lengths try and explain this nonsense?

This post was edited by addone on Jan 14 2023 05:58am
Gold: 17,384.69
Jan 14 2023 08:54am
Quote (CPK001 @ 14 Jan 2023 07:58)
What are you saying? Men wrote that article and wrote that there post. Are you saying that all things men write are unreliable?

Good thing that all Scripture is God breathed. Do I need to fetch the verse or can you go and get it?

God is a big deal, much bigger than a piece of paper used by humans who are often selfish persons.
Hammering that "scriptures are holy" and use it for personal gains or political goals should be illegal.

Doesn't means that Jesus was a bad guy. Jesus was super cool obviously. Sharing bread and fishes, feeding the poor, tolerance and forgiveness etc ... Great.
Gold: 0.69
Warn: 10%
Jan 14 2023 02:22pm
Quote (addone @ Jan 14 2023 03:47am)
I've done the research it's called swindlers tried to sound smart when they wrote this hogwash but ended up sounding like complete loons.

Here is another one for your brain to explode. Maybe you can do some research on these mental gymnastics.

Do not answer fools according to their folly, or you will be a fool yourself. Answer fools according to their folly, or they will be wise in their own eyes.

i have already answered "face to face" your insisting on a literal translation ignoring that it can also be a metaphor which is just being dishonest.

"
Proverbs 26:4-5"
(its about how to not answer a fool and about how to answer a fool. a person can tell they are saying two different thing because the words are different. the part to note "according" and then how the sentence ends.
Quote (addone @ Jan 14 2023 03:58am)

20 So Joshua and the Israelites defeated them completely, but a few survivors managed to reach their fortified cities.

But, but, but... Have you studied the bible? Why would anyone study the bible when it's lies ontop of lies, contradictions, completely fairy tale made up scientifically inpractical stories?

Ask yourself why do you have to go to extreme lengths try and explain this nonsense?

sounds like they were on the field of battle?
Gold: 0.00
Jan 14 2023 04:27pm
Quote (addone @ Jan 14 2023 09:47pm)

Then perhaps you can explain the context surrounding those 2 verses to get the full picture instead of zooming in and focusing on one part.

Every single time something like this comes up, all we've had to do was read the passage in full to put things into context.

I'm not doing that with you this time. It's up to you to do it.

Quote (addone @ Jan 14 2023 09:58pm)

Have I studied the Bible? You tell me. Have I put in any work at all with studying Scripture in the past?

https://forums.d2jsp.org/topic.php?t=67022928&f=125&o=0#p449254948 (Top 10 questions)
https://forums.d2jsp.org/topic.php?t=71850688&f=125&o=0#p483628339 (Revelation Series)
https://forums.d2jsp.org/topic.php?t=73889562&f=119&p=525625079#p525625079 (10 Prophecies fulfilled in 1948)
https://forums.d2jsp.org/topic.php?t=81496210&f=27&p=624967618#p624967618 (The Genealogy of Jesus proving he is the Messiah)

As you can see, we've been doing this since before you joined this forum. Heck, even this thread is older than your account and there have been many before this one made by Frodo.

Quote (Meanwhile @ Jan 15 2023 12:54am)
God is a big deal, much bigger than a piece of paper used by humans who are often selfish persons.
Hammering that "scriptures are holy" and use it for personal gains or political goals should be illegal.

Doesn't means that Jesus was a bad guy. Jesus was super cool obviously. Sharing bread and fishes, feeding the poor, tolerance and forgiveness etc ... Great.

Jeremiah 20:2-3 ESV

“Thus says the Lord, the God of Israel: Write in a book all the words that I have spoken to you. For behold, days are coming, declares the Lord, when I will restore the fortunes of my people, Israel and Judah, says the Lord, and I will bring them back to the land that I gave to their fathers, and they shall take possession of it.”

There are many verses where God says to write things down. Even though the Prophets wrote them down, they were inspired by God. That's how we know that the words did not originate from man but they originated from God.
Gold: 17,384.69
Jan 14 2023 04:41pm
Quote (CPK001 @ 14 Jan 2023 23:27)

“Thus says the Lord, the God of Israel: Write in a book all the words that I have spoken to you. For behold, days are coming, declares the Lord, when I will restore the fortunes of my people, Israel and Judah, says the Lord, and I will bring them back to the land that I gave to their fathers, and they shall take possession of it.”

There are many verses where God says to write things down. Even though the Prophets wrote them down, they were inspired by God. That's how we know that the words did not originate from man but they originated from God.

" God said write this or that " ? Still humans and very dangerous; open door to fanatiscism. Big justification for murders.

And ZERO proof.
Jan 14 2023 11:00pm
Quote (CPK001 @ Jan 15 2023 11:27am)
Then perhaps you can explain the context surrounding those 2 verses to get the full picture instead of zooming in and focusing on one part.

Every single time something like this comes up, all we've had to do was read the passage in full to put things into context.

I'm not doing that with you this time. It's up to you to do it.

Have I studied the Bible? You tell me. Have I put in any work at all with studying Scripture in the past?

https://forums.d2jsp.org/topic.php?t=67022928&f=125&o=0#p449254948 (Top 10 questions)
https://forums.d2jsp.org/topic.php?t=71850688&f=125&o=0#p483628339 (Revelation Series)
https://forums.d2jsp.org/topic.php?t=73889562&f=119&p=525625079#p525625079 (10 Prophecies fulfilled in 1948)
https://forums.d2jsp.org/topic.php?t=81496210&f=27&p=624967618#p624967618 (The Genealogy of Jesus proving he is the Messiah)

As you can see, we've been doing this since before you joined this forum. Heck, even this thread is older than your account and there have been many before this one made by Frodo.

Na bro you just got random as links that lead to 100 more obfuscating mental gymnastics but don't actually answer the question. I am not playing your dumb game of read a 1000's of pages for a question that requires maximum of 2 sentences to answer.

What's 2+2=?? Cpk; well I am very intelligent.... Bla Bla Bla.... Here is 50 links to my credentials..... Bla Bla Bla.... Just read 100 passages from this book.... You need to study context...... Bla Bla Bla..... 100 replies later still no actual answer.
If I had to say this is an olympic level of mental gymnastics. Stop obfuscating and dodging 1 time in your life and just say idk the bible makes no sense but I pretend like know things because I can't think for myself. Why can't you just say that why are you lying?
Jan 14 2023 11:12pm
Quote (TiStuff @ Jan 15 2023 09:22am)
i have already answered "face to face" your insisting on a literal translation ignoring that it can also be a metaphor which is just being dishonest.

"
Proverbs 26:4-5"
(its about how to not answer a fool and about how to answer a fool. a person can tell they are saying two different thing because the words are different. the part to note "according" and then how the sentence ends.

sounds like they were on the field of battle?

There you cherry picking your own interpretation instead of staying consistent. If it's a metaphor it would say as or like. Your mental gymnastics are going crazy right now.
Bro that's a typo, bro he didn't mean it like that, bro it's a metaphor, bro that can be explained with alternative reality, bro come on, bro God works in mysterious ways, hey man you are not a priest so you can't translate it, sorry there are missing texts, according to this here website it makes sense, bro like you just omg, hey bro you are mean, why you keep looking at the bible like that, that's not real, bro bro I'll report you to a mod cause you critsize bible, haha I am so much smarter then you, bro that's Lutheran bible, bro I don't even because jesus and shit..............

Please pick your mental gymnastics answer
Gold: 0.69
Warn: 10%
Jan 14 2023 11:20pm
Quote (addone @ Jan 14 2023 09:12pm)
There you cherry picking your own interpretation instead of staying consistent. If it's a metaphor it would say as or like. Your mental gymnastics are going crazy right now.
Bro that's a typo, bro he didn't mean it like that, bro it's a metaphor, bro that can be explained with alternative reality, bro come on, bro God works in mysterious ways, hey man you are not a priest so you can't translate it, sorry there are missing texts, according to this here website it makes sense, bro like you just omg, hey bro you are mean, why you keep looking at the bible like that, that's not real, bro bro I'll report you to a mod cause you critsize bible, haha I am so much smarter then you, bro that's Lutheran bible, bro I don't even because jesus and shit..............

Please pick your mental gymnastics answer

lol what a load of mental gymnastics.........
Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
Prev1341342343344345487Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll