d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate > Christianity Is A Lie And Bible Is Proof
Prev1301302303304305307Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 2,399.70
Oct 17 2023 01:39pm
Quote (TiStuff @ Oct 17 2023 09:27pm)
hes a high priest of atheism how dare you blaspheme the dude

America's DUMBEST Generation Becoming . . . ATHEISTS???
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H7-CN-MUE-c

You dont get it. I am not part of any organisation or assosiation. Atheism is no organisation. And there are no high priests, leaders or public voices for it.

This post was edited by Modulok2405 on Oct 17 2023 01:39pm
Gold: 932.00
Oct 18 2023 07:04pm
Quote (Modulok2405 @ Oct 17 2023 02:28am)
You are obsessed with this dude, right? I, as an atheist myself, dont care about any specific figure.Also not about him.

Atheists love to pretend that they don't hold faith. This guy must know how a continuum materializes. Definitely something an atheist fully understands.
Gold: 30.00
Warn: 10%
Oct 18 2023 09:07pm
Honest question for the OP not going to go through 300 pages.

Have you ever read ANY religious or philosophical texts? If so did they all have a negative impact on your growth as an individual? Did you think that what you were reading was going to lead you somewhere? Were you angry that you couldn't make peace with yourself by just embracing a few quotes from scripture or just continuing to read ALL religious texts until you found one that suited you? Because if you didn't(assuming this is the case) You gave up on yourself and you think it's easier to just follow science because it can be measured quantitively/qualitatively.

Some of the best people I've met in my life aren't your daily prayer types, your Sunday service types, your I need a Guru or God to show me types. They simply take what was good from what they read and apply it to their life.

Curious if you've ever heard of a philosophy known as Vedanta(assuming you haven't) You should look into that specifically the 1st volume of Swami Vivekananda's "Complete Work" it only took me 3 months to read and digest it but if your looking for some lovey-dubby God is going to save you crap then be prepared to get wrecked.

I was raised Catholic and saw through a lot of the bullshit in scripture and how it couldn't be the actual word of God so I started to study Hinduism(Ancient Sanskrit) which is the root language of the human species and the texts that go with it namely the Bhagavad Gita, Upanishads, and the Vedas. The gospel of Sri Ramakrishna is powerful too.

You see Hinduism trying to convert people? No.

& if you read any of their texts you'd know why. Because unlike the Abrahamic faiths which put it all on God. Hinduism says you are God and existence itself why are you bitching and why are you wasting your life putting energy towards nothing?

Get over yourself. You are nothing and yet you are God at the same time. You even attempting to understand God through any means will result in failure. Failure in the sense that it was never possible for you to realize God without literally knowing it with every breathe you take and coming to the true realization. I am God. Not some wizard with super powers but a being born into a body capable of contemplating these higher truths.

Vedanta would say, "All paths lead to god realization". Atheist. Jew. Muslim. Sikh. Hindi. Christian etc. and that you "as the name you were given at birth" cannot realize it until you drop your Ego and realize you are a part of all of existence. You are existence looking around seeking yet there is nothing to actually find.

You could go to India(I have) You could go to Tibet(I have) You could visit Mecca or other holy sites and think "Maybe now I'll get it". You always knew. You just lied to yourself. As Jesus said, "The Kingdom of Heaven is within you" It's not outside of this body/mind. You can be in a state of what Vedantist call "Pure-Bliss-Consciousness" it is considered the highest state of being. This is where you lose any attachment to the worldly things around you. Family. Friends. Memories. Anything. Because if you think of those things you will never have "peace of mind" you will just run and run and run physically and mentally until the point of exhaustion. You will damn "God" to "Hell" and say "Am I not good enough?" Only to realize you are talking to yourself and that you are God.

I'll leave you with a few quotes from Vivekananda because even reading a few you should see...

You have to grow from the inside out. None can teach you, none can make you spiritual. There is no other teacher but your own soul. Swami Vivekananda

The whole secret of existence is to have no fear. Never fear what will become of you, depend on no one. Only the moment you reject all help are you freed. Swami Vivekananda

Take up one idea. Make that one idea your life - think of it, dream of it, live on that idea. Let the brain, muscles, nerves, every part of your body, be full of that idea, and just leave every other idea alone. This is the way to success.

All the powers in the universe are already ours. It is we who have put our hands before our eyes and cry that it is dark.

Our duty is to encourage every one in his struggle to live up to his own highest idea, and strive at the same time to make the ideal as near as possible to the Truth

Where can we go to find God if we cannot see Him in our own hearts and in every living being.

Condemn none: if you can stretch out a helping hand, do so. If you cannot, fold your hands, bless your brothers, and let them go their own way.

Never think there is anything impossible for the soul. It is the greatest heresy to think so. If there is sin, this is the only sin; to say that you are weak, or others are weak

The moment I have realized God sitting in the temple of every human body, the moment I stand in reverence before every human being and see God in him - that moment I am free from bondage, everything that binds vanishes, and I am free.

Truth can be stated in a thousand different ways, yet each one can be true.
Gold: 0.69
Oct 18 2023 09:51pm
Quote (Modulok2405 @ Oct 17 2023 12:39pm)
You dont get it. I am not part of any organisation or assosiation. Atheism is no organisation. And there are no high priests, leaders or public voices for it.

you ought to give those last two vids i posted some consideration. dawkins excuse making is legendary. i remember he once said about some one. "you just cant argue with a mind like that" never knowing he was the perfect example of his accusation. you and him are not that much different.

Quote (SwamiVivekananda @ Oct 18 2023 08:07pm)
Honest question for the OP not going to go through 300 pages.

Have you ever read ANY religious or philosophical texts? If so did they all have a negative impact on your growth as an individual? Did you think that what you were reading was going to lead you somewhere? Were you angry that you couldn't make peace with yourself by just embracing a few quotes from scripture or just continuing to read ALL religious texts until you found one that suited you? Because if you didn't(assuming this is the case) You gave up on yourself and you think it's easier to just follow science because it can be measured quantitively/qualitatively.

Some of the best people I've met in my life aren't your daily prayer types, your Sunday service types, your I need a Guru or God to show me types. They simply take what was good from what they read and apply it to their life.

Curious if you've ever heard of a philosophy known as Vedanta(assuming you haven't) You should look into that specifically the 1st volume of Swami Vivekananda's "Complete Work" it only took me 3 months to read and digest it but if your looking for some lovey-dubby God is going to save you crap then be prepared to get wrecked.

I was raised Catholic and saw through a lot of the bullshit in scripture and how it couldn't be the actual word of God so I started to study Hinduism(Ancient Sanskrit) which is the root language of the human species and the texts that go with it namely the Bhagavad Gita, Upanishads, and the Vedas. The gospel of Sri Ramakrishna is powerful too.

You see Hinduism trying to convert people? No.

& if you read any of their texts you'd know why. Because unlike the Abrahamic faiths which put it all on God. Hinduism says you are God and existence itself why are you bitching and why are you wasting your life putting energy towards nothing?

Get over yourself. You are nothing and yet you are God at the same time. You even attempting to understand God through any means will result in failure. Failure in the sense that it was never possible for you to realize God without literally knowing it with every breathe you take and coming to the true realization. I am God. Not some wizard with super powers but a being born into a body capable of contemplating these higher truths.

Vedanta would say, "All paths lead to god realization". Atheist. Jew. Muslim. Sikh. Hindi. Christian etc. and that you "as the name you were given at birth" cannot realize it until you drop your Ego and realize you are a part of all of existence. You are existence looking around seeking yet there is nothing to actually find.

You could go to India(I have) You could go to Tibet(I have) You could visit Mecca or other holy sites and think "Maybe now I'll get it". You always knew. You just lied to yourself. As Jesus said, "The Kingdom of Heaven is within you" It's not outside of this body/mind. You can be in a state of what Vedantist call "Pure-Bliss-Consciousness" it is considered the highest state of being. This is where you lose any attachment to the worldly things around you. Family. Friends. Memories. Anything. Because if you think of those things you will never have "peace of mind" you will just run and run and run physically and mentally until the point of exhaustion. You will damn "God" to "Hell" and say "Am I not good enough?" Only to realize you are talking to yourself and that you are God.

I'll leave you with a few quotes from Vivekananda because even reading a few you should see...

You have to grow from the inside out. None can teach you, none can make you spiritual. There is no other teacher but your own soul. Swami Vivekananda

The whole secret of existence is to have no fear. Never fear what will become of you, depend on no one. Only the moment you reject all help are you freed. Swami Vivekananda

Take up one idea. Make that one idea your life - think of it, dream of it, live on that idea. Let the brain, muscles, nerves, every part of your body, be full of that idea, and just leave every other idea alone. This is the way to success.

All the powers in the universe are already ours. It is we who have put our hands before our eyes and cry that it is dark.
Our duty is to encourage every one in his struggle to live up to his own highest idea, and strive at the same time to make the ideal as near as possible to the Truth

Where can we go to find God if we cannot see Him in our own hearts and in every living being.

Condemn none: if you can stretch out a helping hand, do so. If you cannot, fold your hands, bless your brothers, and let them go their own way.
Never think there is anything impossible for the soul. It is the greatest heresy to think so. If there is sin, this is the only sin; to say that you are weak, or others are weak

The moment I have realized God sitting in the temple of every human body, the moment I stand in reverence before every human being and see God in him - that moment I am free from bondage, everything that binds vanishes, and I am free.

Truth can be stated in a thousand different ways, yet each one can be true.

op cant respond to you he has a warn percent
catholicism turns a lot of people away from scripture. if catholicism was christianity i would of 'never become a christian.
i have heard x catholics joke about being recovering catholics
Oct 18 2023 10:34pm
Quote (eLkrebs @ Oct 19 2023 03:04am)
Atheists love to pretend that they don't hold faith. This guy must know how a continuum materializes. Definitely something an atheist fully understands.

I cant speak for others, only for myself - and I dont hold faith, nope.
Oct 18 2023 10:37pm
Quote (TiStuff @ Oct 19 2023 05:51am)
you ought to give those last two vids i posted some consideration. dawkins excuse making is legendary. i remember he once said about some one. "you just cant argue with a mind like that" never knowing he was the perfect example of his accusation. you and him are not that much different.

Think what you want about me, I dont care. I also dont care about your Dawkins comparison.
I am not here to talk about videos of some dude or your thoughts about me personally.
I am here to discuss the existence of an angelic presence with you and a few others.

This post was edited by Modulok2405 on Oct 18 2023 10:37pm
Gold: 30.00
Oct 18 2023 11:04pm
Quote (TiStuff @ 18 Oct 2023 22:51)

op cant respond to you he has a warn percent
catholicism turns a lot of people away from scripture. if catholicism was christianity i would of 'never become a christian.
i have heard x catholics joke about being recovering catholics

It didn't turn me away to be honest my parents weren't the church going type to begin with so I never really was active in the church growing up.

When I turned 19-20 I decided I wanted to understand my purpose/ what is existence?/ who is this "being" people call God and it led me to Vedanta because after I read through most of the Abrahamic texts I was like this can't be it....

Read a few pages of Swami Vivekananda's Complete Works and I'm like, "Yea this guy was on to something" so I then read the Gita and the gospel of Sri Ramakrishna and I got the answers I sought and that was it.

Realization can really be a million different things but it'll only be ONE thing to you. I had that realization and I'm a better being because of it. I don't preach Vedanta because it's meant to be found on someones own but when I read the OP's first post it just seemed like he was angry about something. I thought maybe sharing some Eastern philosophy could brighten his day. It sucks when you aren't walking around truly content all the time I'd been there and fought with that for years.

Everyone has their own way though.

For example I'm initiated under a Guru named Swami Ishatmananda but he never told me, "Read this and you'll know" or "You most do these things to realize God". Just pointed in a direction and said you'll get there eventually.

I always get the "wow you are in a cult you follow a guru" but in reality I've spent very little time with my guru and far more time learning about myself. That's realization for me. Being at peace in any situtation. That's not to say I don't get frustrated or pissed off I just flow through it either. Spontaneous existence. No attachments. Just flow like water. It should be effortless because you are what you were seeking all along and eventually you have to admit that to yourself.
Oct 19 2023 06:43am
Quote (Modulok2405 @ Oct 18 2023 09:37pm)
Think what you want about me, I dont care. I also dont care about your Dawkins comparison.
I am not here to talk about videos of some dude or your thoughts about me personally.
I am here to discuss the existence of an angelic presence with you and a few others.

these are just excuses that lack persuasive power. seems more of an attempt to convince your self

Quote (SwamiVivekananda @ Oct 18 2023 10:04pm)
It didn't turn me away to be honest my parents weren't the church going type to begin with so I never really was active in the church growing up.

When I turned 19-20 I decided I wanted to understand my purpose/ what is existence?/ who is this "being" people call God and it led me to Vedanta because after I read through most of the Abrahamic texts I was like this can't be it....

Read a few pages of Swami Vivekananda's Complete Works and I'm like, "Yea this guy was on to something" so I then read the Gita and the gospel of Sri Ramakrishna and I got the answers I sought and that was it.

Realization can really be a million different things but it'll only be ONE thing to you. I had that realization and I'm a better being because of it. I don't preach Vedanta because it's meant to be found on someones own but when I read the OP's first post it just seemed like he was angry about something. I thought maybe sharing some Eastern philosophy could brighten his day. It sucks when you aren't walking around truly content all the time I'd been there and fought with that for years.

Everyone has their own way though.

For example I'm initiated under a Guru named Swami Ishatmananda but he never told me, "Read this and you'll know" or "You most do these things to realize God". Just pointed in a direction and said you'll get there eventually.

I always get the "wow you are in a cult you follow a guru" but in reality I've spent very little time with my guru and far more time learning about myself. That's realization for me. Being at peace in any situtation. That's not to say I don't get frustrated or pissed off I just flow through it either. Spontaneous existence. No attachments. Just flow like water. It should be effortless because you are what you were seeking all along and eventually you have to admit that to yourself.

what scripture(s) convinced you "...this cant be it" ?

This post was edited by TiStuff on Oct 19 2023 06:44am
Oct 19 2023 07:58am
Quote (TiStuff @ Oct 19 2023 02:43pm)
these are just excuses that lack persuasive power. seems more of an attempt to convince your self

Convince myself of what? Do you even know what you are talking about?

Oct 19 2023 08:31am
Quote (Modulok2405 @ Oct 19 2023 06:58am)
Convince myself of what? Do you even know what you are talking about?

convince yourself that 'atheism is the result of rational thinking
Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
Prev1301302303304305307Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll