d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate > Russia / Ukraine
Prev1283628372838283928404466Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 14,569.69
May 29 2023 12:37am
Quote (DizzyBusiness @ May 28 2023 09:16pm)
Seems like you are still a bit raw from when I said roughly the same thing to you. I don't even remember what you said that I made fun of but I remember it being pretty dumb, even by this threads standards lol

Edit- Lmao ^ownyaah I thought you had a stroke for a minute and then I figured it out, wow that is...just wow.

nobody's "raw" just read what I said.
May 29 2023 12:38am
Quote (DizzyBusiness @ May 28 2023 09:16pm)
Seems like you are still a bit raw from when I said roughly the same thing to you. I don't even remember what you said that I made fun of but I remember it being pretty dumb, even by this threads standards lol

Edit- Lmao ^ownyaah I thought you had a stroke for a minute and then I figured it out, wow that is...just wow.

Its quoted from another user.. try again.. funny shit eh?
Gold: 175,091.69
Warn: 10%
May 29 2023 12:43am
> paranoid schizophrenic Fin trying to ally with hitler to beat the soviets in 2023

> why u no sarius, u ecochamber bois
May 29 2023 01:15am
Quote (Djunior @ May 28 2023 01:36am)
When you have to resort to this kind of trash posts you know you completely lost it pal

It’s just to point out your communism. No worries
Gold: 32,517.50
May 29 2023 01:18am
Quote (Meanwhile @ May 28 2023 09:54pm)

LOL
Gold: 6.66
May 29 2023 02:08am
Quote (DizzyBusiness @ May 29 2023 03:57am)
Yes I'm sure you have many reasons to believe you know what you are talking about but the opinions you've posted tell me otherwise. It really just seems like you're a victim of US propaganda and parroting the same talking points and news as we all see everyday in the media, and I don't really see the value in people who hold the exact same views as the media but can't express them as well.

I don’t care about addressing your points, you made some long rambling post about how "countries are made up of individuals!!!" as if it was some genius political philosophy you've discovered when it's essentially the same as saying "the sun is hot"

It's still a haven, no one is stopping you from posting my guy, the reason there are less and less NATO goons is because they all get wrecked and leave or lose their minds and just start posting nonsense till they get temp banned. Plenty of people here are open to friendly debate, if you followed the thread much you would know that, but I don't have patience for uneducated people who think as highly of themselves as you do, so I'm not one of them.

Like i said, you never had anything to say and find the weirdest excuses to avoid it. Pseudointellectual naysayers, i swear to god.

Quote (ofthevoid @ May 29 2023 04:05am)
Hard to believe but a fair amount of us disagree not to be contrarian but because we have a different view, with a lot of sound points that half the time are either not addressed or simply minimized. Your view as Fin is shaped by your history, your appeals to authority such as academics or historians are also that. As if academics or historians are immune to being partial.

There are literally billions of people not buying the western framed view, many of these doubters living in the west and often some of us post in this topic.

My view is only partly shaped by being Fin. I have personal reasons to also known the Rus part, i deal with Russian people and Ukrainian people at work, and a general curiosity for things outside my circles. My friends are of course Western historians, despite many of them getting degrees abroad. What youre saying is alarmingly similar to covid and vaccine denialists. Academics are still much more qualified to make judgements than laymen and thats why i put trust in it, they arent god, but laymen are definitely not god. You dont go to a car mechanic for health advice either, but you have no choice but to trust a doctor or a collection of doctors. If you do get your health info from a car mechanic, youd be wise taking it with a grain of salt.

Quote (ownyaah @ May 29 2023 05:00am)
Russia /=/ soviet union. Pretending to be pragmatic with an unbalanced view doesn´t add up, then again it is a view that only serves the narrative of those across the Atlantic. Simply put, your view is adopted.

The 4 year old analogy works in this case also, you are essentially a 4 year old who is scared of your 6 year old (half) brother because of your 55 year old step-mother.

Of course its not Soviet. But Russia overlaps by far the most with the Soviets. Its a market friendly Communist China without communism.

If you are content with saying Russia =/= Soviet and are done with it, what options do i have other than saying "no, Russia = Soviet is true to an extent" and leave it at that.

This post was edited by Neptunus on May 29 2023 02:26am
Gold: 45,509.00
Warn: 10%
May 29 2023 05:15am
Quote (Neptunus @ May 29 2023 09:08am)
Like i said, you never had anything to say and find the weirdest excuses to avoid it. Pseudointellectual naysayers, i swear to god.

My view is only partly shaped by being Fin. I have personal reasons to also known the Rus part, i deal with Russian people and Ukrainian people at work, and a general curiosity for things outside my circles. My friends are of course Western historians, despite many of them getting degrees abroad. What youre saying is alarmingly similar to covid and vaccine denialists. Academics are still much more qualified to make judgements than laymen and thats why i put trust in it, they arent god, but laymen are definitely not god. You dont go to a car mechanic for health advice either, but you have no choice but to trust a doctor or a collection of doctors. If you do get your health info from a car mechanic, youd be wise taking it with a grain of salt.

Of course its not Soviet. But Russia overlaps by far the most with the Soviets. Its a market friendly Communist China without communism.

If you are content with saying Russia =/= Soviet and are done with it, what options do i have other than saying "no, Russia = Soviet is true to an extent" and leave it at that.

In response to all this:

What is your view on US spheres of influence and Russian spheres of influence, do you agree with the simple notion that they exist, and that smaller, weaker countries have to live with this (we are not talking about fairness).
To my mind a sphere of influence is only so large if a country is able and willing to defend it (the rule of might is right as best exemplified by US foreign policy). It is for this reason that Russia (being weak) was challenged by Nato expansion.

No one is holding up the Russia / Soviet (or w/e you want to call it) model as best in class - its terrible, all we are saying is, there was a status quo, the US broke the status quo and here we are.

feel free to refute any of that.
Gold: 17,384.69
May 29 2023 06:33am
West being so evil with US breaking status quo and forcing smaller countries to "live with it" that Russia decided to liberate Ukraine's capital this night with:

37 Kh-101/Kh-555 cruise missiles
29 Shahed suicide drones

Unfortunately the NATO Air Defense largely helped in destroying 100% of liberating targets probably avoiding Dozens, Hundreds of civilians deaths.
Would like to remember when Ukraine Air defense wasn't so good. I could post some picture of destroyed appartments buildings but i think it's not necessary.

Massive "liberation" for the 15th time this month.
Gold: 13.37
May 29 2023 06:34am
Behold the mighty MPL!

Gold: 46,068.00
May 29 2023 07:03am
Quote (Norlander @ 29 May 2023 20:34)
Behold the mighty MPL!

https://i.imgur.com/5G9QHM0.jpg

based.
Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
Prev1283628372838283928404466Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll