d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate > Russia / Ukraine
Prev1281128122813281428154466Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 110.00
May 26 2023 09:32am
Quote (Ironfister @ May 26 2023 04:32pm)
You still dont understand US politics? In order to stay one of world leaders they need to maintain friends/allies in Europe and Asia, using lowest possible cost.
Ukrainians want to fight Russian, they just need little assistance, little ammunition, little $$. Not a single drop of American blood needed. No western infrastructure damaged, since the war takes place in Ukraine.
This is much, much cheaper than defending Germany spilling USA soldiers blood, and destroying german infrastructure.
Also Germany are not really closest USA allies, because they play their own politics.
Ukraine, Poland, Baltics, Czechia are close allies.
They will be a nice firewall against Russians, that lets USA focus on Asia.

Dude germany is merely a pawn completely controlled by the US. We are in fact still occupied. There was no peace contract at all. Ppl have been asking even merkel which responded with silence.
German high rank politicians that participated in the Bilderberger meeting in 2016: Finance minister Schäuble, defense minister Von der Leyen, minister of intern affairs Thomas De Maizière(former defense minister).
German politicians do as they´re told to. Leider...
just wanted to correct that.

This post was edited by mowsen005 on May 26 2023 09:35am
Gold: 46,068.00
May 26 2023 09:42am
Quote (mowsen005 @ 26 May 2023 23:32)
Dude germany is merely a pawn completely controlled by the US. We are in fact still occupied. There was no peace contract at all. Ppl have been asking even merkel which responded with silence.
German high rank politicians that participated in the Bilderberger meeting in 2016: Finance minister Schäuble, defense minister Von der Leyen, minister of intern affairs Thomas De Maizière(former defense minister).
German politicians do as they´re told to. Leider...
just wanted to correct that.

I said this before in previous post

Germany and Japan are both political and economical behemoths but they are what we called a military eunuch. And yes, I wouldn't consider them having complete sovereignty as long as American troops still occupy their country in the form of NATO and defense.
Gold: 12,943.17
May 26 2023 09:47am
Quote (Djunior @ 26 May 2023 16:43)
What I'm talking about? --> Inflation all over the world and energy crisis mainly in Europe.

You don't understand this? Man...

I know that ^Prox1m1ty doesn't get it because he's already on his second bottle for the day, lol

The main reason for inflation was covid money printing.
There was too much printed money in circulation, and the natural way to take this extra money out of market is inflation.
Another reason was that in the worst possible moment, when the market was already hit by covid, Putin decided to cut gas supplies to Europe.
Europeans shouldnt have trust Putin in the first place. If you dont trust an evil man, he cannot betray you.
Fortunately now the inflation is decreasing, and we have new suppliers and speed up transformation to green energy.
Gold: 46,068.00
May 26 2023 09:53am
Quote (Ironfister @ 26 May 2023 23:47)
There was too much printed money in circulation, and the natural way to take this extra money out of market is inflation.
Another reason was that in the worst possible moment, when the market was already hit by covid, Putin decided to cut gas supplies to Europe.
Europeans shouldnt have trust Putin in the first place. If you dont trust an evil man, he cannot betray you.
Fortunately now the inflation is decreasing, and we have new suppliers and speed up transformation to green energy.

You mean USA or Ukraine destroying Nordstream. Your Polish minister twitted thank you America for that.
Or do you mean when you sanction Russia for xxx and they return tit for tat by cutting gas supplies?
Gold: 45,309.00
Warn: 10%
May 26 2023 10:05am
Quote (Meanwhile @ May 26 2023 03:21pm)
British Parliament has recognised the Holodomor as a genocide.
Btw Gareth Jones (d. 1935).
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gareth_Jones_(journalist)
=> Soviets really tried to hide it, thus we can notice the big influence they had on EU at this time.

The British Government should know, noting they committed genocide in more countries then anyone else. Holodomor was 1930's ? Or if you want to go back further there was the genocide of the native Indians of America, else fast forward to the 1940's where the British were responsible for the genocide in India (1million dead). Of course if your not an advocate of cause and effect and want to contest India, then the more direct example would be Kenya with 20,000-100,000 dead in the 1950's. I mean when you have invaded all but 21 countries on the planet...

England still was wonderful people in it, As does America, Russia and China. I am just highlighting that cherry picking Holodomor, which was, what, 90 years ago and ignoring all the other genocides seems odd.

Quote (Ironfister @ May 26 2023 04:47pm)

there are a variety of resources that you can read about the energy crisis. its not just the war in ukraine (and sanctions against russia) that is causing all this, but the sanctions (which in my opinion is stupid) is hurting the west more then it is hurt russia or china. the funny thing is russia sales crude oil to india, who refines it, and sells it to europe at a higher price. i dont fault India for this but it questions the whole idea of sanctions, nevermind that the US still trades with Russia.

in response to sanctions both russia and china are learning to find new trade partners and to be more self sufficient. ergo, my view of western sanctions is that it is stupidity of the highest order.

This post was edited by ferdia on May 26 2023 10:09am
Gold: 17,384.69
May 26 2023 10:14am
Quote (Malopox @ 26 May 2023 17:23)
I’ve read the same. F16 requires complicated maintenance and spare parts which Ukraine doesn’t have. That means either maintenance in Poland or increasing NATO personnel in Ukraine which will be priority target.

https://www.cnn.com/2023/05/22/europe/f-16-jets-ukraine-analysis-intl-hnk-ml/index.html

I don’t think jam-proof drones exist yet as modern EW stations jam wide array of radio frequencies including GPS/starlink/iridium etc. Perhaps once humanity figures out quantum entanglement.

Technically it's possible, whatever using integrated AI or shell (up to faraday cage), but to be honest when i see the massacre drones can do on WW1 trench level army I'm adraid to watch the results when used on extremely large scale or even worse: with land drones.
Gold: 17,384.69
May 26 2023 10:15am
Quote (ferdia @ 26 May 2023 18:05)
The British Government should know, noting they committed genocide in more countries then anyone else. Holodomor was 1930's ? Or if you want to go back further there was the genocide of the native Indians of America, else fast forward to the 1940's where the British were responsible for the genocide in India (1million dead). Of course if your not an advocate of cause and effect and want to contest India, then the more direct example would be Kenya with 20,000-100,000 dead in the 1950's. I mean when you have invaded all but 21 countries on the planet...
England still was wonderful people in it, As does America, Russia and China. I am just highlighting that cherry picking Holodomor, which was, what, 90 years ago and ignoring all the other genocides seems odd..

cherry picking whataboutism IMHO, grow some potatoes please.
/e Sure you can find that ANYWHERE.

This post was edited by Meanwhile on May 26 2023 10:16am
Gold: 14,745.00
May 26 2023 10:18am
Quote (Malopox @ May 26 2023 11:23am)
I’ve read the same. F16 requires complicated maintenance and spare parts which Ukraine doesn’t have. That means either maintenance in Poland or increasing NATO personnel in Ukraine which will be priority target.

https://www.cnn.com/2023/05/22/europe/f-16-jets-ukraine-analysis-intl-hnk-ml/index.html

I don’t think jam-proof drones exist yet as modern EW stations jam wide array of radio frequencies including GPS/starlink/iridium etc. Perhaps once humanity figures out quantum entanglement.

F16s are 40 year old planes, western sources rarely like to admit it but Russian AA systems are actually very capable. S-400 and the newer variants S-500 would absolutely wreck F16's, it's just a miss-match of technological eras.

Also for them to fly from western Ukraine or even lets say Poland/Romania wouldn't be feasible. It's too long of a distance, like you said would require a ton of upkeep and a lot of partner 'commitments' for servicing, etc. Ukraine would also need an actual sizable number of these to even make a difference.

It's another escalation if they get them but IMO comparing bang for your buck it's not the best investment as it would be fairly expensive.
Gold: 12,943.17
May 26 2023 10:18am
Quote (Hamsterbaby @ 26 May 2023 17:53)
You mean USA or Ukraine destroying Nordstream. Your Polish minister twitted thank you America for that.
Or do you mean when you sanction Russia for xxx and they return tit for tat by cutting gas supplies?

The nordstream was already inactive for a long time when it was destroyed.
Highest gas price was in August, while the nordstream was bombed late september.
And you are talking about an "ex" minister, so not an actual minister.
And the tweet was later deleted. The guy clearly didnt think too much when he posted it. But here is the full content:
The official polish government says that nord stream was never needed, since there were existing gas pipelines going through Poland, which became unused after nordstream was built.
But Russia wanted to build NS anyway, because they could start various economy or military wars against Poland while having gas floating to Germany safely under the Baltic sea.
So Polish politicians tried to stop the project, when it was in construction. unfortunately the Germans didnt want to listen. Germany's Mr Schroeder get a nice job at Gazprom, imo it was a reward for finishing the project, which was against Poland and against Germany imo too. God only knows how many Germans were actually soft or hard corrupted by Russians to make NS.
Gold: 45,309.00
Warn: 10%
May 26 2023 10:20am
Quote (Meanwhile @ May 26 2023 05:15pm)
cherry picking whataboutism IMHO, grow some potatoes please.
/e Sure you can find that ANYWHERE.

whataboutism and bothsidism - these words are for people that cant debate.

Quote (Ironfister @ May 26 2023 05:18pm)
The nordstream was already inactive for a long time when it was destroyed.
Highest gas price was in August, while the nordstream was bombed late september.
And you are talking about an "ex" minister, so not an actual minister.
And the tweet was later deleted. The guy clearly didnt think too much when he posted it. But here is the full content:
The official polish government says that nord stream was never needed, since there were existing gas pipelines going through Poland, which became unused after nordstream was built.
But Russia wanted to build NS anyway, because they could start various economy or military wars against Poland while having gas floating to Germany safely under the Baltic sea.
So Polish politicians tried to stop the project, when it was in construction. unfortunately the Germans didnt want to listen. Germany's Mr Schroeder get a nice job at Gazprom, imo it was a reward for finishing the project, which was against Poland and against Germany imo too. God only knows how many Germans were actually soft or hard corrupted by Russians to make NS.

There is such a thing as cause and effect. markets react to instability. anyway, so long as everyone is happy for the ever increasing cost of living crisis (which btw is only going to get worse for the next 5 years) then all is well in the world.

This post was edited by ferdia on May 26 2023 10:22am
Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
Prev1281128122813281428154466Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll