d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate >
Poll > How To Get To Heaven When You Die
Prev1270271272273274298Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
  Guests cannot view or vote in polls. Please register or login.
Gold: 1,497.83
Jul 30 2018 06:27am
If god is omnipotent why do you have to please it?
Gold: 21.93
Jul 30 2018 07:31pm
GOD, PLEASE COOK MY DINNER

Some people believe God can work miracles, like cure advanced cancer or save people in terrible plane crashes. The Bible tells us that God can do anything, he can even move a mountain into the sea. These are extraordinary things.

I would just like God to do something simple. When I get home from work late and dead tired, I would like to put my food on the kitchen table and have God cook it for me.

Or, if that is selfish of me, I would like him to notice when an elderly woman, alone in her cold house, is dying from hypothermia and make the house warm for her. Or, if she has become too weak to get out of her chair, to make her a cup of tea and boil her an egg.

Oddly, there is no known case of God doing any of these very simple things--things that almost any human could, and would, do for someone in need.

God only does things that could happen without God--a proportion of people with cancer do go into remission, and sometimes there are survivors of plane crashes. But dinners do not cook themselves and cold houses do not make themselves warm.

Think about this for a moment. It means the world behaves EXACTLY as it would if there was no God at all.

If only God would just boil an egg once in a while. But he won't.
Gold: Locked
Trader: Scammer
Jul 30 2018 08:11pm
Quote (Plaguefear @ 31 Jul 2018 04:31)

it's a few steps away, at the restaurant. or in the dumpster.
Gold: 2,617.52
Jul 30 2018 08:34pm
Quote (Happypuppy @ Jul 30 2018 08:27am)
If god is omnipotent why do you have to please it?

For the lulz
Gold: 0.00
Jul 31 2018 05:52am
Quote (Plaguefear @ Jul 31 2018 11:31am)

Some people believe God can work miracles, like cure advanced cancer or save people in terrible plane crashes. The Bible tells us that God can do anything, he can even move a mountain into the sea. These are extraordinary things.

I would just like God to do something simple. When I get home from work late and dead tired, I would like to put my food on the kitchen table and have God cook it for me.

Or, if that is selfish of me, I would like him to notice when an elderly woman, alone in her cold house, is dying from hypothermia and make the house warm for her. Or, if she has become too weak to get out of her chair, to make her a cup of tea and boil her an egg.

Oddly, there is no known case of God doing any of these very simple things--things that almost any human could, and would, do for someone in need.

God only does things that could happen without God--a proportion of people with cancer do go into remission, and sometimes there are survivors of plane crashes. But dinners do not cook themselves and cold houses do not make themselves warm.

Think about this for a moment. It means the world behaves EXACTLY as it would if there was no God at all.

If only God would just boil an egg once in a while. But he won't.

Here is where God works his miracles. You would have a wife who has food on the table when you get home from work.
If you or someone volunteers to work for the elderly, they go out and do some work for the elderly which may include the cooking.

Think about the Parable of the Drowning man. A huge flood forced the inhabitants of a local town to be evacuated. Yet there was a man who stayed behind in his home. Along came a second man who pleaded with the owner of the house to come with him. The owner replied "No, I'm waiting for the LORD to come and save me."
The water kept coming and rising. Then along came a man who was riding a camel. He pleaded with the owner of the house to come with him. The owner replied "No, I'm waiting for the LORD to come and save me." The water kept coming and rising. The owner of the house was forced to sit on the roof of his home.
Then along came a man in a boat. He pleaded with the owner of the house to come with him. The owner replied "No, I'm waiting for the LORD to come and save me." The water kept coming and rising. Then the water kept on rising the owner of the house drowned.

Then he met the LORD. You can imagine he was furious and asked the LORD "Why did you save me?" The LORD replied "I sent you a man, I sent you a camel and I sent you a boat. What more do you want?"
Gold: 260.11
Jul 31 2018 06:00am
Quote (CPK001 @ Jul 31 2018 05:52am)
Here is where God works his miracles. You would have a wife who has food on the table when you get home from work.
If you or someone volunteers to work for the elderly, they go out and do some work for the elderly which may include the cooking.

Think about the Parable of the Drowning man. A huge flood forced the inhabitants of a local town to be evacuated. Yet there was a man who stayed behind in his home. Along came a second man who pleaded with the owner of the house to come with him. The owner replied "No, I'm waiting for the LORD to come and save me."
The water kept coming and rising. Then along came a man who was riding a camel. He pleaded with the owner of the house to come with him. The owner replied "No, I'm waiting for the LORD to come and save me." The water kept coming and rising. The owner of the house was forced to sit on the roof of his home.
Then along came a man in a boat. He pleaded with the owner of the house to come with him. The owner replied "No, I'm waiting for the LORD to come and save me." The water kept coming and rising. Then the water kept on rising the owner of the house drowned.

Then he met the LORD. You can imagine he was furious and asked the LORD "Why did you save me?" The LORD replied "I sent you a man, I sent you a camel and I sent you a boat. What more do you want?"

God can work miracles however he wants. If he wants to cook somebody dinner he can do that.

You continually put yourself above God with posts like this where you explain how God must work.
Gold: 3.37
Jul 31 2018 06:43am
Follow these 3 easy steps to get into heaven.

Step 1: Put the flesh and fluids of gods body in your mouth.
Step 2: Comsume them.
Step 3: Thank him after and ask forgiveness.

-e

God is a rapist.

This post was edited by Ep0ch on Jul 31 2018 06:48am
Gold: 21.93
Jul 31 2018 06:48am
Quote (CPK001 @ Jul 31 2018 10:52pm)

So what you are saying is if you are elderly and have no one to come help you then you are out of luck because your omnipotent god is unable to help?
My oncologist was able to remove my original cancer, but god can't make an old ladies central heater work?

This post was edited by Plaguefear on Jul 31 2018 06:50am
Gold: 2,617.52
Jul 31 2018 07:18am
Its such a hard concept for some that life isnt perfect. The world doesnt work the way you want it to. Get used to it. This is what God intended for you to go though
Gold: 260.11
Jul 31 2018 07:29am
Quote (EndlessSky @ Jul 31 2018 07:18am)
Its such a hard concept for some that life isnt perfect. The world doesnt work the way you want it to. Get used to it. This is what God intended for you to go though

I mean, we're not the ones claiming perfection exists. That's on the Christians saying God is perfect yet somehow spawned an imperfect world.
Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
Prev1270271272273274298Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll