d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate > Russia / Ukraine
Prev1247324742475247624774475Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 4.91
Warn: 10%
Mar 23 2023 08:21pm
Quote (Meanwhile @ Mar 23 2023 11:06pm)
https://i.imgur.com/axj4LrG.mp4

These are the people you want to send more weapons to lol
Gold: 6.66
Mar 24 2023 12:01am
Quote (Djunior @ Mar 23 2023 05:33pm)
Check the official NATO source and note the date https://www.nato.int/docu/update/2008/04-april/e0403h.html

Now connect the dots, Georgia, Crimea, Ukraine.

Chechnya by the way wanted to separate from the Russian federation, it was an internal affair.

Get your facts strait, drone

Imagine justifying the use of depleted uranium munitions that is being brought in by your shit government that's run by an oligarch (LOL) and ignoring the effect that these munitions have on the environment https://hir.harvard.edu/depleted-uranium-devastated-health-military-operations-and-environmental-injustice-in-the-middle-east/

Imagine still shilling for NATO after this escalation, I'm waiting for the inevitable "nice opportunity to test depleted uranium on the Russians" you complete and utter POS.

Peaceful aspirations to join a defensive alliance and Russia knowingly invades them to make them "destabilized" and ultimately sabotages their plans.

Chechnya, same thing. The wife wants to leave the abusive relationship so the husband beats and rapes her into submission. Thats Russia for you. This applies to Ukraine and Georgia too. You really simp for dictators and totalitarian states and I have no idea why you do that. Are you a Russian whose fragile sense of identity is injured when someone criticizes their slaver or why is it youre so adamantly defending the Russiam pov?

Depleted uranium is not an escalation. Its part of the continuum of military support. You probably dropped out so you dont even see the difference between nukes and depleted uranium. And im not from the UK, but im from an EU country

Quote (JohnnyMcCoy @ Mar 24 2023 12:10am)
i was not talking about putin, russia or the invasion being "ok"

completely irrelevant to my point, we directly support war crimes and that should be called out just like, for example, iran supplying drones for the russian invasion

keep pretending that we are the good guys

p.s: a while ago you literally posted a video that explained the (fucked up) logic behind the invasion, which you refuse to acknowledge

We might be the bad guys, but we try not to be as bad as the worse and worst guys. Thats something. Its not like we have to embrace being bad and go worse just because there are those who are worse than us

This post was edited by Neptunus on Mar 24 2023 12:15am
Gold: 3,971.00
Mar 24 2023 01:21am
Quote (Prox1m1ty @ 23 Mar 2023 16:51)
They were already instigating separatist militants in the Donbass, are you out of your mind?

I’m doubling down on my argument.

Assuming Russia wanted to get Donbass all along:

First they tried to play by the CIA playbook, sending some guns to the “resistance” and “freedom” fighters they most probably trained themselves while diplomatically negotiating an autonomy for their future protectorate. Is that what you meant by “never trying to resolve this diplomatically?”.

This post was edited by Malopox on Mar 24 2023 01:51am
Gold: 0.00
Warn: 30%
Mar 24 2023 04:22am
Quote (JohnnyMcCoy @ 24 Mar 2023 01:33)
we both know that encroachment is a thing, only a matter of time until russia would experience all kinds of fuckery, if fully surrounded by NATO, it does not need an open war to threaten a country (not saying this is necessarily and 100% true here, but you can think that way)

there is obligation to help ukraine, switzerland rightfully rejects this notion, that you are either pro ukraine or pro putin

once again, you posted the video about "realism" yourself, what has happened was actually explained there

plenty of people predicted this and called for a neutral ukraine, ignored

the US themselves predicted both the ukraine and georgia scenarios (wikileaks documents), still rejected compromise

lets not act like putin invading for the sake of just invading and grabbing land was some kind of foregone conclusion, thats just wrong and was created as a talking point AFTER the invasion

even without the eastern ukraine mess, the sevastopol base alone would be enough to trigger russia, they will never give that up to let NATO march in there

again, this has nothing to do with downplaying or justifying what happened and is still happening

i did not expect putin to take the bait, thats why i was wrong when i said putin would just threaten to invade, unfortunately the realist geopolitics are undefeated

to clarify: of course you or me are not "the country", but, for example, the support for US invasions i talked about earlier is still the policy of our elected government and those before them

you can support it or not, to at least some degree we individuals are still on the hook for this as its the result of a collective decision

it seems like you fundamentally misunderstood what realism is and what it isn't. for you to portray mearsheimer's selected highlights (wildly popular in both far left "marxist" as well as MAGA bubbles, aiming to downplay russia's share of the blame), as THE realist perspective is just objectively wrong. there is no such thing. to be specific, mearsheimer is arguing from a cold war era american realist's perspective, aiming to preserve US hegemony in its competition between two opposing superpowers of roughly equal strength, regarding the hundreds of millions of europeans (including you) as mere poker chips to be balanced evenly between russia and america.

a european realist with a modern mindset would obviously argue from a fundamentally different perspective, realising that a largely united europe has long exceeded russia's power and would be playing for its own chips. in mearsheimer's world, russia could / should / would have already invaded many times before btw: poland, the baltic states, romania, hungary, bulgaria, czechia and slovakia - according to him, they all should belong to the russian sphere of influence again, to even out the eternal struggle of power between the old rivals. still a fan?

anyway, that part of his ideology, which the russia apologist on both sides apparently aren't aware of, is also the part that got debunked by reality more than anything else - through the collapse of the soviet union, and the peaceful unification of europe.

people post mearsheimer clips and act like the fact that one prediction of his finally came true was proof his ideology and therefore his assigning of blame is "correct", but that's just an incredibly lazy and simplistic approach to political theory, and not sound logic.
to be clear: i'm by no means saying that all of his assessments and conclusions about russian motives are wrong, of course not. in fact, everything suggests that pootin actually has a similar mindset, very much still feels entitled to that sphere of influence (despite being a post soviet president), and still tries to maintain at least the illusion of russia as a superpower - but that neither made this war inevitable, nor does it lay the blame squarely on american (remember, the rest of us are just poker chips without agency) shoulders. not even within the framework of realism as a whole - only from the anachronistic american cold war realist's perspective, that of the morgenthaus, kissingers, and mearsheimers of this world, and that of those who subscribe to their ideology - despite history having destroyed many of their core assumptions.

i urge you to watch the video again, it does a much better job explaining all of that in detail btw.

This post was edited by fender on Mar 24 2023 04:24am
Gold: 17,384.69
Mar 24 2023 04:34am
Quote (DizzyBusiness @ 24 Mar 2023 02:21)
These are the people you want to send more weapons to lol

Because they load their guns with mines ? lmao
Gold: 32,517.50
Mar 24 2023 04:50am
Quote (fender @ Mar 23 2023 11:20pm)
then we're in agreement about that. the US and the UK did. unjustifiably so. it was a crime. with dire consequences. the responsible people should hang for it - but never will.

that doesn't justify / excuse the murdering of innocent ukrainians by pootin though. so stop trying to act like it does. it's a lazy whataboutism by war apologists. stop being one. this round is on pootin, and he should be called out for it without making dumb excuses and buying into his propaganda. pootin should also hang for it, but just like bush he never will.

To be correct it was more than the UK and US

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Multi-National_Force_%E2%80%93_Iraq
Gold: 0.00
Warn: 30%
Mar 24 2023 04:58am
Quote (Prox1m1ty @ 24 Mar 2023 11:50)
To be correct it was more than the UK and US

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Multi-National_Force_%E2%80%93_Iraq

you are correct of course, i'm just singling out those two because combined they accounted for the vast majority of the invading forces, and also played key roles in creating the problem in the first place (iran - saddam - gulf war - iraq war)... appreciate the nuance though, and hope this explains why i framed it the way i did.

This post was edited by fender on Mar 24 2023 05:00am
Mar 24 2023 05:03am
Quote (Neptunus @ 24 Mar 2023 06:01)
Peaceful aspirations to join a defensive alliance and Russia knowingly invades them to make them "destabilized" and ultimately sabotages their plans.
Chechnya, same thing. The wife wants to leave the abusive relationship so the husband beats and rapes her into submission. Thats Russia for you. This applies to Ukraine and Georgia too. You really simp for dictators and totalitarian states and I have no idea why you do that. Are you a Russian whose fragile sense of identity is injured when someone criticizes their slaver or why is it youre so adamantly defending the Russiam pov?
Depleted uranium is not an escalation. Its part of the continuum of military support. You probably dropped out so you dont even see the difference between nukes and depleted uranium. And im not from the UK, but im from an EU country

We might be the bad guys, but we try not to be as bad as the worse and worst guys. Thats something. Its not like we have to embrace being bad and go worse just because there are those who are worse than us

first paragraph: Chechnya is trying to leave russia since ... 1722...
second: This is a typical reply to an anti-all post: simply ask what solution they propose in few points => silent dodge.
^_^
Mar 24 2023 05:15am
Ah y almost forgot to post this: Counter offensive in Bakhmut, this is on various papers now.

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2023-03-24/ukraine-says-bakhmut-counterstrike-coming-soon/102139332

=> was asking myself, maybe they received enough new weapons/vehicles atm to make it and that mud isn't a big problem in urban area?
Because the big, national, counter offensive is supposed to happen in 1 month.

This post was edited by Meanwhile on Mar 24 2023 05:18am
Gold: 32,517.50
Mar 24 2023 05:45am

Daily reminder of what it means to become part of the Russian Federation

The original poster of this topic normalizes and enables the opinions of those that support this. Shame on
Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
Prev1247324742475247624774475Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll