d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate > Russia / Ukraine
Prev1246124622463246424654473Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 3,971.00
Mar 23 2023 09:33am
Quote (Meanwhile @ 23 Mar 2023 16:23)
- Yes, DU is bad for health but more likely: as dust or when vastly disseminated in water or in dense/urban areas. We also have to note down that ammunitions are toxic in general so one can be accused because of the other.
- If used in the fields, in limited quantities (enough to finish off russian tanks), the impact would not be big enough to justify to not use it ( IF it has been proven that it will be necessary to destroy the old russian tanks).
- Russians may use it and are already massively contaminating the environment with their massive inaccurate shelling (heavy toxic metals) So now the "health" question is returned to you: Ukrainians are respecting mother nature by using accurate weapons, russians aren't ? Oh wait: "Orcs" ?

As personal opinion: DU but also others chemicals are probably super bad for soldiers in a dry and urban (=dense) environment: IE for days under shellings or during an assault just after.

-From my knowledge - normal ammo is not toxic per se - gunpowder is a mix of sulfur/coal/potassium

potassium nitrate is so not poisonous that it’s been used for centuries as a food additive. In more recent times it’s been added to toothpaste. The MSDS specifies no dosage at which the alleged effects occur, lists no long term hazards, and gives no lethal dose (LD50). I estimate it to be about as toxic as salt.

Charcoal is just carbon. I’m sure if I look up the MSDS it will say it’s hazardous to inhale it in large quantities, but I know it’s safe enough to eat it. It just passes through.

As for sulfur, I don’t think there’s any limit to the amount you can eat without harm. It too passes through, though a possible side effect is you may get a bit smelly.

The only toxic part is exposure to lead - but it has to be in your body or you have to drink out of a lead utensils. If you have a bullet in your body already you probably will not care about the prolonged effect of toxicity of lead on your well-being.

- Every single tank set on fire by DU, every single ammo depot destroyed will contaminate everything around it. Yes it is not as bad as a direct nuclear blast with whole periodic table of isotopes present, but it will remain in the soil and will be absorbed by grain grown on this soil.

- I’m not aware of Russians using DU in Ukraine. They do have DU capabilities, but have not deployed them so far.
Gold: 4.91
Warn: 10%
Mar 23 2023 09:35am
Quote (Prox1m1ty @ Mar 23 2023 12:32pm)
A reminder of what the mobik virgins and their OP enabler that post here are in favour of.

https://i.imgur.com/yC3h1Pb.png

https://i.imgur.com/AxqMJk1.png

Thats your legacy Ferdia. You enable those that support this. Shame on you.

Lmao he is sooooo bitter, ferdia you should have continued humoring him, look how upset he is :rofl:
Gold: 100,701.50
Mar 23 2023 09:37am
Quote (Malopox @ Mar 23 2023 04:33pm)
-From my knowledge - normal ammo is not toxic per se - gunpowder is a mix of sulfur/coal/potassium

potassium nitrate is so not poisonous that it’s been used for centuries as a food additive. In more recent times it’s been added to toothpaste. The MSDS specifies no dosage at which the alleged effects occur, lists no long term hazards, and gives no lethal dose (LD50). I estimate it to be about as toxic as salt.

Charcoal is just carbon. I’m sure if I look up the MSDS it will say it’s hazardous to inhale it in large quantities, but I know it’s safe enough to eat it. It just passes through.

As for sulfur, I don’t think there’s any limit to the amount you can eat without harm. It too passes through, though a possible side effect is you may get a bit smelly.

The only toxic part is exposure to lead - but it has to be in your body or you have to drink out of a lead utensils. If you have a bullet in your body already you probably will not care about the prolonged effect of toxicity of lead on your well-being.

- Every single tank set on fire by DU, every single ammo depot destroyed will contaminate everything around it. Yes it is not as bad as a direct nuclear blast with whole periodic table of isotopes present, but it will remain in the soil and will be absorbed by grain grown on this soil.

- I’m not aware of Russians using DU in Ukraine. They do have DU capabilities, but have not deployed them so far.

No one uses black powder these days, it's all smokeless powder but you're absolutely right that DU poses a huge risk to the environment https://hir.harvard.edu/depleted-uranium-devastated-health-military-operations-and-environmental-injustice-in-the-middle-east/
Gold: 45,979.00
Warn: 10%
Mar 23 2023 09:41am
Quote (DizzyBusiness @ Mar 23 2023 03:35pm)
Lmao he is sooooo bitter, ferdia you should have continued humoring him, look how upset he is :rofl:

asking for a diplomatic solution is cause for sanction.
questioning the root causes of the war and suggesting it is anything other then Russian imperialism is mocked.
observing escalation and after escalation most neutrals question where this will go, yet ever it is seen/perceived that it is the Russians that are escalating.
Russia has weaponized energy, completely ignoring the cause, which was sanctions, which weaponized the financial system. lets not trade with russia, ok fine, lets not trade with the EU, results in a how dare you moment.

Literally mind boggeling narrative.

Boris Johnston and the US were instrumental in ensuring there would be no diplomatic solution last year.
There is no alternative narrative in main stream media at all. You have to go as far as listening to the India point of view to get another viewpoint. Western leaders are sanctioned if they raise any questions or challenges.
This escalation is literally playing the game of Russian roulette except there can be no winners only losers, with Ukraine paying the ultimate price.

This post was edited by ferdia on Mar 23 2023 09:43am
Mar 23 2023 09:41am
Quote (Djunior @ 23 Mar 2023 16:37)
No one uses black powder these days, it's all smokeless powder but you're absolutely right that DU poses a huge risk to the environment https://hir.harvard.edu/depleted-uranium-devastated-health-military-operations-and-environmental-injustice-in-the-middle-east/

Yeah you are correct. I’m not a gun buff so it seems modern gunpowder is a tad more sophisticated chemically to claim it’s not toxic. Had to go get educated on smokeless gunpowder.
Gold: 14,569.69
Mar 23 2023 09:44am
Quote (BaHgerAUT @ Mar 23 2023 07:04am)
Why would small countries around Russia want to join a strong defense pact? Oh wait

North Caucasus
Georgia
Chechnya
Ukraine 2014

Could it be beacuse of russian expansion strategy?

In this forum all of these subjects are labeled "geo politics"
Because Putin is victim at all times..
The US invasion's (wrong) but that having nothing to do RU invading at this time. Is true barbaric behavior, therefore excusing RU invasion, and removing anyone's ability to criticize cuz "hypocrisy"
Oh, and a handshake.
And the full belief that RU will stop their expansion.. and go back to being the "good guys" that they really are.
Gold: 0.00
Warn: 30%
Mar 23 2023 09:46am
Quote (ferdia @ 23 Mar 2023 16:20)
then go look at the international summit of 2008, or just youtube it.

Fender you are TLDR right now. You have your view I have mine. there is no need exercise ourselves in the definition of stupidity. i.e. its pointless at this time (and probably forever) to argue and expect a different outcome.

typical. whenever i debunk your talking points and expose your dishonesty, you go missing - way to prove you're not a serious person, just an incredibly biased war apologist.
Gold: 32,517.50
Mar 23 2023 09:47am
Quote (ferdia @ Mar 23 2023 03:41pm)
asking for a diplomatic solution is cause for sanction.
questioning the root causes of the war and suggesting it is anything other then Russian imperialism is mocked.
observing escalation and after escalation most neutrals question where this will go, yet ever it is seen/perceived that it is the Russians that are escalating.
Russia has weaponized energy, completely ignoring the cause, which was sanctions, which weaponized the financial system. lets not trade with russia, ok fine, lets not trade with the EU, results in a how dare you moment.

Literally mind boggeling narrative.

Boris Johnston and the US were instrumental in ensuring there would be no diplomatic solution last year.
There is no alternative narrative in main stream media at all. You have to go as far as listening to the India point of view to get another viewpoint. Western leaders are sanctioned if they raise any questions or challenges.
This escalation is literally playing the game of Russian roulette except there can be no winners only losers, with Ukraine paying the ultimate price.

Pretending Russia actually want a diplomatic solution is next level insanity. Your an absolute apologist with a childlike understanding of this situation.

This post was edited by Prox1m1ty on Mar 23 2023 09:47am
Mar 23 2023 09:50am
Quote (Prox1m1ty @ 23 Mar 2023 16:47)
Pretending Russia actually want a diplomatic solution is next level insanity. Your an absolute apologist with a childlike understanding of this situation.

Why did Russia waste time trying to solve the Donbass
situation via Minsk 1 and Minsk 2 accords? Why not just invade and take over in 2014 when Ukraine was weak and not ready to repel a mass invasion?
Gold: 32,517.50
Mar 23 2023 09:51am
Quote (Malopox @ Mar 23 2023 03:50pm)
Why did Russia waste time trying to solve the Donbass
situation via Minsk 1 and Minsk 2 accords? Why not just invade and take over in 2014 when Ukraine was weak and not ready to repel a mass invasion?

They were already instigating separatist militants in the Donbass, are you out of your mind?
Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
Prev1246124622463246424654473Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll