d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate > Russia / Ukraine
Prev1245824592460246124624473Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 32,517.50
Mar 23 2023 07:25am
Quote (ferdia @ Mar 23 2023 01:23pm)
You dont have to keep reaffirming that your one dimensional. i get it already ok.

Shameless and pathetic.
Gold: 0.00
Warn: 30%
Mar 23 2023 07:28am
Quote (ferdia @ 23 Mar 2023 14:18)
The invasion of Ukraine by Russia, should be condemned by everyone. What Russia is doing to the Ukrainian people is not defend-able and as one politician put it, in 100 years a Russian leader no doubt will have to apologize for what is happening today.

Ignoring the very long (10 years +) build up to this war however is wrong. There are ample video's in this topic and online (youtube for starters) to support the notion that no single party is to blame here and that mistakes were made by alot of people.

ah yes, the classic ferdia "disclaimer", before going back to supporting and agreeing with literally every single war apologist that shares their transparent kremlin propaganda in this thread...

how "reasonable" and "neutral" you are. i mean, she wore a very revealing and provocative dress after all, so surely that should be considered when judging the rapist, correct? just concerned with being "fair", right?
Gold: 46,068.00
Mar 23 2023 07:28am
Quote (ferdia @ 23 Mar 2023 21:18)
The invasion of Ukraine by Russia, should be condemned by everyone. What Russia is doing to the Ukrainian people is not defend-able and as one politician put it, in 100 years a Russian leader no doubt will have to apologize for what is happening today.

Ignoring the very long (10 years +) build up to this war however is wrong. There are ample video's in this topic and online (youtube for starters) to support the notion that no single party is to blame here and that mistakes were made by alot of people.

===

Hamster I stand by my position that it is unlikely that the US will change its position of supporting Ukraine. The only caveat there is that Trump is not re-elected (as he is anti-war). As the US have said, the money spent on Ukraine is a drop in the ocean and they are also likely to increasing their military spending for the rest of the decade, annually.

I agree with this statement completely. But there are other domestic factor that is affecting it. 100 Billion USD to Ukraine super cheap if I can exhaust and weaken Russia 100 years back.
But 100 Billion USD to Ukraine , a few Hundred Billion or maybe up to 1 Trillion to stabilize their domestic issues. And the up and coming potential Eastern Conflict and losing Middle East Allies bit by bit.
Central and South America ETC ETC .

All in all in total, doesn't look that good. But that is just my superficial take. If everything around the world is relatively easy to manage I will say that the money spent on Ukraine is a drop in the ocean.
Gold: 45,309.00
Warn: 10%
Mar 23 2023 07:29am
Quote (fender @ Mar 23 2023 01:28pm)
ah yes, the classic ferdia "disclaimer", before going back to supporting and agreeing with literally every single war apologist that shares their transparent kremlin propaganda in this thread...

how "reasonable" and "neutral" you are. i mean, she wore a very revealing and provocative dress after all, so surely that should be considered when judging the rapist, correct? just concerned with being "fair", right?

your words not mine you rapist apologist. disgusting. afaik this is the 2nd time you used this argument in this thread.

This post was edited by ferdia on Mar 23 2023 07:33am
Mar 23 2023 07:34am
Quote (ferdia @ 23 Mar 2023 14:29)
your words not mine you rapist apologist. disgusting.

well, that is EXACTLY what you are doing in this thread, and why you're indeed a war apologist. thanks for inadvertently confirming that, lol.

btw, it's called an analogy. lmk if you need more english lessons.
Mar 23 2023 07:37am
Quote (fender @ Mar 23 2023 01:34pm)
well, that is EXACTLY what you are doing in this thread, and why you're indeed a war apologist. thanks for inadvertently confirming that, lol.

btw, it's called an analogy. lmk if you need more english lessons.

In all likelyhood the US knowingly created this war by not backing down over Nato. This is a statement very hard for me to get over when people start playing the black and white blame game.

Gold: 17,384.69
Mar 23 2023 07:45am
Quote (Malopox @ 23 Mar 2023 10:06)
If Russians destroy an ammo depot full of depleted uranium ammo with one of their hypersonic missiles and the resulting uranium contamination of the nearby area will render surroundings uninhabitable, is that a breach of nuclear proliferation treaties and by whom?
Asking for my friend who knows a lot about international laws ^Meanwhile

Depleted Uranium would completely obliterate these 60-70 years old tanks and their war criminals crews for sure.
Very toxic and yes radioactive when inhaled by the crews, but they would die from fusion metal fire anyway "lmao".

GL hitting depots, thus you don't know shit so you dont know that this material is bad when disseminated in the environment:
In this case it would not get into dust form and would stay in a small area so it can be decontaminated.

this post was not salty
Mar 23 2023 07:47am
Quote (ferdia @ 23 Mar 2023 14:37)
In all likelyhood the US knowingly created this war by not backing down over Nato. This is a statement very hard for me to get over when people start playing the black and white blame game.

what is your obsession with blaming the US? it was ukraine that begged to join NATO - and for obvious reasons.

also, it makes no sense that you conclude it "created this war" - because ukraine didn't even have a path into NATO when russia invaded in 2022. that whole narrative makes absolutely no sense if you just look at the FACTS. how are you too dense to understand that? oh right, you aren't. you just don't WANT to understand it, because you WANT to blame the US / NATO for the war that russia started in order to conquer ukrainian territory.

thanks for showing your true face again after that little disclaimer earlier, where you almost sounded like a reasonable person for half a post, lol.
Gold: 21,300.28
Mar 23 2023 08:04am
Quote (ferdia @ 23 Mar 2023 14:37)
In all likelyhood the US knowingly created this war by not backing down over Nato.

Why would small countries around Russia want to join a strong defense pact? Oh wait

North Caucasus
Georgia
Chechnya
Ukraine 2014

Could it be beacuse of russian expansion strategy?

Mar 23 2023 08:07am
Quote (fender @ Mar 23 2023 01:47pm)
what is your obsession with blaming the US? it was ukraine that begged to join NATO - and for obvious reasons.

also, it makes no sense that you conclude it "created this war" - because ukraine didn't even have a path into NATO when russia invaded in 2022. that whole narrative makes absolutely no sense if you just look at the FACTS. how are you too dense to understand that? oh right, you aren't. you just don't WANT to understand it, because you WANT to blame the US / NATO for the war that russia started in order to conquer ukrainian territory.

thanks for showing your true face again after that little disclaimer earlier, where you almost sounded like a reasonable person for half a post, lol.

The facts are that Ukraine was carrying out war exercises with the West prior to the war and was de-facto becoming a Nato member, and that the US was eager to expand Nato as is clearly evidenced historically. The facts also are that Ukraine was bombing Eastern Ukraine for a long time and this was observed. You call me dense but one needs to be doing alot of mental gymnastics's to get past what I just said.

I live in Ireland, we dont have a history with Russia and they have been bold on occasion. Their diplomatic office here is a big no no (size and what they do in it). Now you can deflect all you want but its all noise. you are ignoring what happened prior to the invasion as if all of it was meaningless. Look i know you wont agree, you should accept that i am not going to change my mind and say that russia is bent on imperial dominion over europe, there is no evidence for this, and anything you provide to the contrary is flimsy at best. He had 20 years to try to move on europe, he did not. it makes no logical sense now to suddenly change his mind. He is old. war is a young mans game. To my mind this is a cause and effect, action and reaction. The action is not the outbreak of war, its the consequence. I really dont understand why you dont get this, you are a smart person.

This post was edited by ferdia on Mar 23 2023 08:11am
Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
Prev1245824592460246124624473Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll