d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate > Russia / Ukraine
Prev1242424252426242724284472Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 17,384.69
Mar 20 2023 08:11am
Ukrainians found Chinese-made ammunition on Russian positions

https://twitter.com/BonnieGlaser/status/1637492606056660998

I guess it's sub-production from North Korea import, but whatever, the Horrible regime is still implicated. Thus Xi-Dracula is about to give a visit to his great old friend fugitive.
Much to expect from "peace plan" buehehe

----------

/e on a side note:

This post was edited by Meanwhile on Mar 20 2023 08:15am
Gold: 45,309.00
Warn: 10%
Mar 20 2023 08:22am
Globalization narrative (accepting his views on China conform with meanwhile's dreams haha).

Also the full article from meanwhile (note the below is from 2003).

George W. Bush may think that a war against Iraq is the solution to our problems, but the reality is, it will only serve to create far more.This war will not put an end to anti-Americanism; it will fan the flames of hatred even higher. It will not end the threat of weapons of mass destruction; it will make possible their further proliferation. And it will not lay the groundwork for the flourishing of democracy throughout the Mideast; it will harden the resolve of Arab states to drive out all Western (i.e. U.S.) influence.

If you thought Osama bin Laden was bad, just wait until the countless children who become orphaned by U.S. bombs in the coming weeks are all grown up. Do you think they will forget what country dropped the bombs that killed their parents? In 10 or 15 years, we will look back fondly on the days when there were only a few thousand Middle Easterners dedicated to destroying the U.S. and willing to die for the fundamentalist cause. From this war, a million bin Ladens will bloom.

And what exactly is our endgame here? Do we really believe that we can install Gen. Tommy Franks as the ruler of Iraq? Is our arrogance and hubris so great that we actually believe that a U.S. provisional military regime will be welcomed with open arms by the Iraqi people? Democracy cannot possibly thrive under coercion. To take over a country and impose one’s own system of government without regard for the people of that country is the very antithesis of democracy. And it is doomed to fail.

A war against Iraq is not only morally wrong, it will be an unmitigated disaster.

====

No it won’t.

It just won’t. None of that will happen.

You’re getting worked up over nothing. Everything is going to be fine. So just relax, okay? You’re really overreacting.

“This war will not put an end to anti-Americanism; it will fan the flames of hatred even higher”?

It won’t.

“It will harden the resolve of Arab states to drive out all Western (i.e. U.S.) influence”?

Not really.

“A war against Iraq is not only morally wrong, it will be an unmitigated disaster”?

Sorry, no, I disagree.

“To take over a country and impose one’s own system of government without regard for the people of that country is the very antithesis of democracy”?

You are completely wrong.

Trust me, it’s all going to work out perfect. Nothing bad is going to happen. It’s all under control.

Why do you keep saying these things? I can tell when there’s trouble looming, and I really don’t sense that right now. We’re in control of this situation, and we know what we’re doing. So stop being so pessimistic.

Look, you’ve been proven wrong, so stop talking. You’ve had your say already. Be quiet, okay? Everything’s fine.

You’re wrong.

This post was edited by ferdia on Mar 20 2023 08:29am
Gold: 46,068.00
Mar 20 2023 08:25am
Quote (ferdia @ 20 Mar 2023 22:22)
Globalization narrative (accepting his views on China conform with meanwhile's dreams haha).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bhGb-BaGw2Q

I have watch a number of his stuff.
All I can say about him is, he is a very Patriotic American bar none.

B)
Mar 20 2023 08:32am
Quote (ferdia @ 20 Mar 2023 15:22)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bhGb-BaGw2Q

"it's India it's Russia itself and of course China we're no longer in a world where the U.S economy is as large as everybody else put together"
=> wow such a scoop, the guy is a genius. Awesome contribution.
Mar 20 2023 08:40am
Quote (Meanwhile @ Mar 20 2023 02:32pm)
"it's India it's Russia itself and of course China we're no longer in a world where the U.S economy is as large as everybody else put together"
=> wow such a scoop, the guy is a genius. Awesome contribution.

As always I am assuming you did not watch the full video! Therefore purely for informative purposes:

US foreign (trade) policy until recently (the last decade) promoted globalization however it is now changing its policy (for reasons set out in the video) and reversing its course, and that this change is now hardwired and inexorable. No reversal in approach expected for at least the next 6 years, and no indication to suggest it will come back to globalization, and therefore (in my opinion) the cost of living, globally, will ever increase in this period.

This is a step to the side of the topic at hand but explains somewhat the thinking behind the trade wars and various "guesses" relating to Russia and China can be inferred.

Would be interesting to see what america will do re: china Belt and Roads policies around the world, as it conflicts with US strategy.

This post was edited by ferdia on Mar 20 2023 08:48am
Mar 20 2023 08:48am
Quote (ferdia @ 20 Mar 2023 22:40)
As always I am assuming you did not watch the full video! Therefore purely for informative purposes:

US foreign policy until recently promoted globalization however it is now changing its foreign policy and reversing its course, and that this change is now hardwired and inexorable. No change (or reversal) in approach expected for at least the next 6 years, and therefore the cost of living, globally, will ever increase in this period.

Now I know what you mean by him not watching the Entire Video, Peter Zeihan quite the opposites of someone who will love China, Russia or India.

Anyways, if we are looking at current trends and demographics , Peter isn't exactly far off from some of the things he talks about. But things can change rather quickly in our unstable world.
Just waiting for news on Ukraine / Russia the next couple of days.
It will be an impossible task for the Chinese to pull off. It is not like Saudi / Iran. But I hope there is at least some sort of cease fire.
Mar 20 2023 09:04am
Quote (ferdia @ 20 Mar 2023 15:40)

US foreign (trade) policy until recently (the last decade) promoted globalization however it is now changing its policy (for reasons set out in the video) and reversing its course, and that this change is now hardwired and inexorable. No reversal in approach expected for at least the next 6 years, and no indication to suggest it will come back to globalization, and therefore (in my opinion) the cost of living, globally, will ever increase in this period.

This is a step to the side of the topic at hand but explains somewhat the thinking behind the trade wars and various "guesses" relating to Russia and China can be inferred.

Would be interesting to see what america will do re: china Belt and Roads policies around the world, as it conflicts with US strategy.

1 page ago "the german empire is dying", now "the US stopped its globalism policy" ... What's next ? "Russia and China aren't that bad finally" ? ^_^

-----------

Let's talk about Russia/Ukraine:

Xi timing his visit to discuss Ukraine peace plan, right before the upcoming Ukrainian offensive... :o

Russian state TV is showing footage of the pair meeting at the Kremlin, with Putin being filmed telling his Chinese counterpart: "Dear friend, welcome to Russia."

Xi tells Putin their countries "should have close relations" before congratulating the Russian leader for his "strong leadership" which he says has allowed Russia to prosper, according to quotes by Reuters. => LMAO

This post was edited by Meanwhile on Mar 20 2023 09:09am
Mar 20 2023 09:07am
Quote (Meanwhile @ Mar 20 2023 03:04pm)
1 page ago "the german empire is dying", now "the US stopped its globalism policy" ... What's next ? "Russia and China aren't that bad finally" ? ^_^

Do you understand how those inter-relate?

after all the toxicity of yesterday, I might as well stand up to be fired at again today, so without further ado - the latest john meirscheimer video. Most ppl wont watch this video, or wont agree with this video, or wont consider this video, or decry this video as russian propaganda.

This post was edited by ferdia on Mar 20 2023 09:18am
Mar 20 2023 09:11am
Quote (ferdia @ 20 Mar 2023 22:40)

They had a chance to contain it, but Donald decides to do it in another way. That is one of his major mistakes during his short lived presidency.
This would have " sort of " choke the Sea Route. :lol:

Below

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trans-Pacific_Partnership

The Trans-Pacific Partnership (TPP) was signed on February 5, 2016 by its twelve members and is now open for ratification. If ratified, the TPP will be the largest mega free trade area in history and will encompass forty percent of world trade. The U.S. led the TPP negotiations and deliberately excluded China from the negotiations. This ploy by the U.S. was a calculated effort to contain China and to shift power in trade in the Asia-Pacific from China to the U.S. China now appears to face a difficult choice. China can join the already concluded TPP, with its text largely drafted by the U.S., and submit to terms it had no part in negotiating and to a humiliating process of seeking approval from the U.S. Joining the TPP means accepting a treaty in which every major provision is directed at China in an attempt to contain China’s ascendancy in international trade. The other alternative is to ignore the TPP, but this could mean significant losses in trade opportunities right in China’s own neighborhood. The battle over the TPP is a major contest between the two countries to determine which will write the rules of international trade for the twenty-first century. On the one hand, the U.S. is determined to write the rules, which will have as their chief aim to contain China. On the other hand, China seeks to write the rules in a way that will benefit China at the expense of the U.S. This Article examines how the TPP is designed specifically to contain China and how China might respond to this challenge over who will write the rules of international trade and gain supremacy in trade in the twenty-first century.

Full article here

https://cjil.uchicago.edu/print-archive/how-united-states-uses-trans-pacific-partnership-contain-china-international-trade

This post was edited by Hamsterbaby on Mar 20 2023 09:15am
Mar 20 2023 09:14am
Quote (ferdia @ 20 Mar 2023 16:07)
Do you understand how those inter-relate?
after all the toxicity of yesterday, I might as well stand up to be fired at again today, so without further ado:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F7D6usfNUVI

Oh, this smart move ... Like it's the first time you are twisting things that way:

" Look, because Ukraine & Nato didnt surrender to the not that bad Russia (China has alot of peace in a bucket plan btw): RUINS ! NUKES ! THE US DESTROYED UKRAINE !"
"... Butt butt how can we stop US to destroy UKRAINE, really ? :o "

Deplorable. Bullshit.

This post was edited by Meanwhile on Mar 20 2023 09:15am
Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
Prev1242424252426242724284472Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll