d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate > Russia / Ukraine
Prev1241524162417241824194468Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 0.00
Warn: 30%
Mar 17 2023 01:18pm
Quote (dro94 @ Mar 17 2023 08:14pm)
Turkey shouldn't even be in NATO, there is literally nothing good about that country.

yep but turkey have a major place in nato, more soldier , best place ect...
Mar 17 2023 01:20pm
Quote (JohnnyMcCoy @ 17 Mar 2023 20:01)
this makes no sense? these arguments are not connected whatsoever

obviously arms manufacturing is international? germany itself is a player in the states too, its a win win if germany actually decided to have a functioning military

triggered so much that you need to post insults in german?

of course they are, you intellectually lazy hack. it's a direct contradiction - don't pretend you don't know WHICH weapon systems germany and other european countries are contemplating (or already committed) to buy, lol. many are american made.

my position is that the main deterrent of NATO, its nuclear arsenal, is sufficient to do its core job. we don't need another arms race just because everyone is hyperventilating about russia now. NATO membership is enough. i'm happy for germany to pay its share in maintaining this deterrent, even if the nuclear weapons aren't technically ours. that's fair and (unfortunately) needed. i am NOT ok with expanding our militaries with american weapon systems to support their imperialist ambitions. i'm ok with properly equipping a conventional army to participate in UN sanctioned peacekeeping missions, i'm not ok with creating a military just to win a dick measuring contest with despots and dictators. mandatory minimum spending is a sham. it's exactly the thing you both pretend to oppose (the MIC enriching itself) while advocating for policies that do exactly that. my position is nuanced, yours is strictly contradictory.
Gold: 13,495.00
Mar 17 2023 01:20pm
Quote (dro94 @ Mar 17 2023 03:10pm)
Energy costs are lower now than they were pre-invasion, so the effects were transitory.

Europe was able to end its dependency on Russian energy so it can't be weaponised against us again.

Plus, the stupid decision to go against nuclear energy in some countries has been reversed, along with stronger investment in renewables for the future.

Energy costs are lower now than they were pre-pandemic because we are on a cusp of global recession with reduced consumption. Couple that with things like release of SPR and mild winter and you get the prices of today. I wouldn't count on that being the case forever. Higher energy prices (to come) are as transitory as the rest the general inflation (hint: they're not, we're not getting deflation, we'd be lucky to get disinflation)

>"We were able to buy more expensive energy from other places vs cheap Russian energy" --this is winning in 2023

You know what else has been reversed? Coal consumption.
Gold: 100,701.50
Mar 17 2023 01:21pm
Quote (fender @ Mar 17 2023 07:12pm)
l
i know you are slow, i know you want to dodge this because it completely debunks your whole narrative, but let me ask you again:

what do you mean by "profit"? in what way does NATO "profit" from nations joining the alliance?

if you weren't an ignorant kremlin NPC, you'd know that NATO doesn't "expand" by asking nations to join - it's the other way around. nations that desire protection from being invaded by murdering russian troops, nations that want freedom and prosperity, rather than economic destitution and dictatorship, choose NATO.

belarus is the perfect example of what happens if you choose russia as your ally: you become the shittiest shithole in europe. a puppet. dictatorship. censorship. oppression. poverty.

It's obvious what I meant by "gg lets profit" in that post.

Check NATO responses when countries like Sweden / Finland ask to join and you'll get the drift.

Unbelievable this has to be explained to you.

Drone

Quote (dro94 @ Mar 17 2023 07:28pm)
When you weigh up the value of Western military aid to Ukraine against the damage the war is doing to Russia, the West is winning big time. Excellent value for money.

The optimal strategy is to keep the military aid flowing until Ukraine's spring offensive, then afterwards negotiate a settlement with Russia where they keep Crimea and the pre-2022 areas of the Donbas, and Ukraine join NATO (or some security pact).

What's interesting is how countries are now flocking to NATO due to the erosion of Russia's soft power, not the other way around. Look at the CSTO countries: not one of them agreed with Russia's invasion of Ukraine, and Armenia are openly criticising Russia for their peacekeeping force not helping them in Nagorno Karabakh, as well as redeploying forces from there to Ukraine. Recently, the Armenians have been reaching out to America for help instead.

You're that guy that predicted the sanctions would cripple Russia am I right?

Anyways to give an example Ukraine burned through 7 years of javelin production in a single year, depleting existing stocks and Russia has sent captured javelins to Iran if you didn't catch on to that (study / reverse engineering purposes).

Excellent value for money?

Quote (Meanwhile @ Mar 17 2023 07:29pm)
International Criminal Court cements Putin's pariah status with arrest warrant for alleged war crime: illegally snatching kids from Ukraine.
I think some others (crimes types) will follow but the court's work is very important in the sense it absolutely characterize and validate the crime(s).

Not suprised you are siding with criminals.

Where did I side with criminals you bullshit artist, I asked you a question that you of course dodged with a bullshit reply.

SMH
Mar 17 2023 01:25pm
Quote (ofthevoid @ 17 Mar 2023 20:20)
Energy costs are lower now than they were pre-pandemic because we are on a cusp of global recession with reduced consumption. Couple that with things like release of SPR and mild winter and you get the prices of today. I wouldn't count on that being the case forever. Higher energy prices (to come) are as transitory as the rest the general inflation (hint: they're not, we're not getting deflation, we'd be lucky to get disinflation)

>"We were able to buy more expensive energy from other places vs cheap Russian energy" --this is winning in 2023

could you be more of a war shill if you tried to? could you lick pootin boot any harder if you tried to? could you be more biased if you tried to? why not move to russia and live in that paradise? oh right? you know what a shithole it really is, thanks to pootin, you know how poor, oppressed, unhealthy, and unfree its people really are. stop being such a hateful war apologist.
Gold: 4.91
Warn: 10%
Mar 17 2023 01:36pm
Quote (fender @ Mar 17 2023 04:25pm)
could you be more of a war shill if you tried to? could you lick pootin boot any harder if you tried to? could you be more biased if you tried to? why not move to russia and live in that paradise? oh right? you know what a shithole it really is, thanks to pootin, you know how poor, oppressed, unhealthy, and unfree its people really are. stop being such a hateful war apologist.

Really hard to imagine how the nazi party came to power in Germany, you people seem so relaxed and open minded.
Gold: 3.33
Mar 17 2023 01:38pm
Quote (ofthevoid @ Mar 17 2023 07:20pm)

No, global consumption is higher now than in 2019 (sources below), and China is now reopening. Where's the energy price spike? Oil futures are not pricing in significantly higher energy prices, either. So you're concluding something from a premise that is not based in reality.

https://ourworldindata.org/energy-production-consumption
https://www.eia.gov/outlooks/steo/report/global_oil.php

Increasing coal production isn't very worrisome when you compare it to where we were just 10 years ago and the recent uptick in wind/solar: https://ourworldindata.org/grapher/share-elec-by-source
Gold: 751.50
Mar 17 2023 01:40pm
Quote (dro94 @ Mar 17 2023 08:10pm)
Energy costs are lower now than they were pre-invasion, so the effects were transitory.

Europe was able to end its dependency on Russian energy so it can't be weaponised against us again.

Plus, the stupid decision to go against nuclear energy in some countries has been reversed, along with stronger investment in renewables for the future.

not in germany, our nuclear power plants will be done in a month or so (to burn more coal rofl)

the dependency on russian gas can only end, because major industrial consumers were shut down or significantly reduced production

lets see what happens next winter, the last one had at least a summer period of still getting some to fill the reserves

Gold: 17,384.69
Mar 17 2023 01:53pm
Quote (ofthevoid @ 17 Mar 2023 20:20)

Oil prices fell again this day, lowest level in almost 15 months. Ukraine counter offensive may happen in less than two months.

Quote (Djunior @ 17 Mar 2023 20:21)
Where did I side with criminals you bullshit artist, I asked you a question that you of course dodged with a bullshit reply.SMH

Following your predictions russian agression was already a crushing success several months ago, excuse me for the "bullshit" :lol:

One of Putin's warcrimes was characterized by ICC. This is a first step in the good direction.

This post was edited by Meanwhile on Mar 17 2023 01:53pm
Gold: 100,701.50
Mar 17 2023 01:57pm
Quote (Meanwhile @ Mar 17 2023 08:53pm)

Following your predictions russian agression was already a crushing success several months ago, excuse me for the "bullshit" :lol:

One of Putin's warcrimes was characterized by ICC. This is a first step in the good direction.

You still didn't answer the question and this question was easy af, of course Putin won't turn himself in.

Why is it so hard for you to debate in good faith? Why you always reply with that kind of bullshit / dodge / deflect.

SMH
Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
Prev1241524162417241824194468Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll