d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate > Russia / Ukraine
Prev1241024112412241324144467Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 12,845.00
Mar 17 2023 08:52am
Think a point worth mentioning when it comes to Russia's revenue from various commodity sales is that their diversification away from Europe started a long time ago, not recently in the last 12 months. They were building pipelines and signing long term contract for gas supply to China as early as 2014 for example. I think when this war started they were prepared for possible sanctions/long term de-coupling from Europe.

But in the grand scheme of things, in the east, Russia has the two largest global energy consumers of the future. India and China, with a combined population of close to 3 billion people, meanwhile Europe is what ~450? With an aging population and only way to maintain population growth is from external migration?

The west wants to turn away from fossil fuel consumption while the east wants to grow and develop economically with fossil fuels being 100% needed inputs. That's why medium term they will be fine. In the age of house of cards economics based off debt and zeros on a computer, actually having tangible crucial commodities to bring to markets is extremely valuable.

This post was edited by ofthevoid on Mar 17 2023 08:53am
Gold: 100,701.50
Mar 17 2023 09:06am
Quote (fender @ Mar 17 2023 03:47pm)
you're completely deluded. the russian economy is in shambles - even worse than it was before the war. maybe learn to read?

i really had to laugh when i learned pootin plans on "re-building" the regions he destroyed immediately - when three quarters of russia already looked like that for decades, and nothing was done because all of the money goes to the military and the oligarchs, lol.

regarding ns2: we didn't "let" anyone blow up a "crucial pipeline", moscow shill. first of all, nothing was flowing to us through it in the first place, and wouldn't have for decades to come - so much for "crucial". secondly, we most definitely did not greenlight its destruction, or accept the destruction as fine. that's just absurd - so much for "let". third of all, the pipeline didn't belong to germany alone. fourth point: we still don't know who actually did it, and if it was indeed the US, it will definitely have some serious ramifications. you're just uncritically regurgitating kremlin propaganda again, you bot.

and no, the defiance of US foreign policy by european nations began much earlier, and is far more meaningful than what you try to downplay it as in your desperate attempt to claim everyone is a lapdog because pootin has relegated russia into becoming china's. take germany's and france's rejection of the iraq war in 2003 for example. had nothing to do with orange man. it always baffles me how little you actually know about any given topic, ampootin.

obviously you're eager to deflect because you know russia's future is providing its natural resources to china at any price they ask, but your effort to do so is very poor and easily debunked. but hey, russia's ruling class will probably have comfortable lives - while the russian people remain in poverty and isolated, oppressed and exploited. maybe russia would be a good destination for your imaginary emigration, marcel?

FYI you are completely deluded. Your country is paying out the ass and is still having a hard time to keep coughing up more euros trying to contain the damage, lol.

Apparently not a single penny of the promised 100B for the military has been realized and the German military is now weaker than a year ago.

Your govt had to engage in rescue operations to save companies like Uniper and to prevent households from going bankrupt and a whole bunch of companies have shut down operations due to lack of affordable natural gas.

"Take that, Putin" :rofl:

This post was edited by Djunior on Mar 17 2023 09:10am
Gold: 46,068.00
Mar 17 2023 09:08am
Quote (ofthevoid @ 17 Mar 2023 22:52)
Think a point worth mentioning when it comes to Russia's revenue from various commodity sales is that their diversification away from Europe started a long time ago, not recently in the last 12 months. They were building pipelines and signing long term contract for gas supply to China as early as 2014 for example. I think when this war started they were prepared for possible sanctions/long term de-coupling from Europe.

But in the grand scheme of things, in the east, Russia has the two largest global energy consumers of the future. India and China, with a combined population of close to 3 billion people, meanwhile Europe is what ~450? With an aging population and only way to maintain population growth is from external migration?

The west wants to turn away from fossil fuel consumption while the east wants to grow and develop economically with fossil fuels being 100% needed inputs. That's why medium term they will be fine. In the age of house of cards economics based off debt and zeros on a computer, actually having tangible crucial commodities to bring to markets is extremely valuable.

Also a rough estimation of 630 Million Inhabitants in ASEAN that still procure Russian energy products.
Although Brunei , Indonesia and Malaysia have oil and gas, they can get it cheap from Russia and resell their own oil products elsewhere.
Gold: 751.50
Mar 17 2023 09:13am
Quote (said_aouita @ Mar 17 2023 03:46pm)
Define collapse. Putin is no longer in charge?

empty supermarkets, not enough essentials and daily products for the population, industrial production collapsing

something bad enough that could lead to an actual revolt

Quote (fender @ Mar 17 2023 03:47pm)
you're completely deluded. the russian economy is in shambles - even worse than it was before the war. maybe learn to read?

i really had to laugh when i learned pootin plans on "re-building" the regions he destroyed immediately - when three quarters of russia already looked like that for decades, and nothing was done because all of the money goes to the military and the oligarchs, lol.

regarding ns2: we didn't "let" anyone blow up a "crucial pipeline", moscow shill. first of all, nothing was flowing to us through it in the first place, and wouldn't have for decades to come - so much for "crucial". secondly, we most definitely did not greenlight its destruction, or accept the destruction as fine. that's just absurd - so much for "let". third of all, the pipeline didn't belong to germany alone. fourth point: we still don't know who actually did it, and if it was indeed the US, it will definitely have some serious ramifications. you're just uncritically regurgitating kremlin propaganda again, you bot.

and no, the defiance of US foreign policy by european nations began much earlier, and is far more meaningful than what you try to downplay it as in your desperate attempt to claim everyone is a lapdog because pootin has relegated russia into becoming china's. take germany's and france's rejection of the iraq war in 2003 for example. had nothing to do with orange man. it always baffles me how little you actually know about any given topic, ampootin.

obviously you're eager to deflect because you know russia's future is providing its natural resources to china at any price they ask, but your effort to do so is very poor and easily debunked. but hey, russia's ruling class will probably have comfortable lives - while the russian people remain in poverty and isolated, oppressed and exploited. maybe russia would be a good destination for your imaginary emigration, marcel?

kremlin bot this, moscow shill that and some more npc "GO TO RUSSIA" talk, boring :zzz:

once again, you can only discuss semantics and you have to blatantly misinterpret my statement in bad faith

i did not say germany was in on the nordstream destruction and was like "go ahead boys"

and everyone here knows this, except you of course

the facts remain, what has happened since then is beyond pathetic and so far we only got that ridiculous "a few dudes with a small went there and boooom" story

russia and its exports will stay relevant and you bigot shitting on other people as if they are cavemen will always be irrelevant

deal with it sweetheart and i am not gonna applaud the countries that didnt join the most blatant bullshit war ever in iraq

your standards are even lower than i thought

Gold: 4,404.67
Mar 17 2023 09:24am
Quote (ofthevoid @ 17 Mar 2023 15:52)

How exactly is Russia gonna export its natural gas to India? Pipelines through Afghanistan and Pakistan? Pipelines through India's #1 geopolitical rival China? And even when it comes to oil, pipelines to India won't be feasible for the same reasons, so it would all have to be shipped around half the globe.

One common argument against the West in all this is that the higher shipping costs of LNG (with which we're replacing Russian natural gas) will mean permanently higher prices in Europe. Well, the same argument then also cuts against Russia with regard to sales to India. The same argument also applies to South East Asia, albeit to a slightly lesser degree due to the slightly shorter shipping route from Russia.

Gold: 0.00
Warn: 30%
Mar 17 2023 09:28am
Quote (Djunior @ 17 Mar 2023 16:06)
FYI you are completely deluded. Your country is paying out the ass and is still having a hard time to keep coughing up more euros trying to contain the damage, lol.

Apparently not a single penny of the promised 100B for the military has been realized and the German military is now weaker than a year ago.

Your govt had to engage in rescue operations to save companies like Uniper and to prevent households from gong bankrupt and a whole bunch of companies have shut down operations due to lack of affordable natural gas.

"Take that, Putin" :rofl:

i know you can't read very well, but at this point even a slow person like you should have noticed that i never denied the fact that pootin's war has hurt the entire world economy, and europe in particular. i have said from early on that america and china are the greatest beneficiaries, and europe the biggest losers (after ukraine and russia of course) of this conflict. but cheering for russia murdering and conquering ukraine would not change that.

so what is your deal here, constantly gloating over the misery that this war caused in germany, you ghoul? why are you happy about poor people suffering? do you even realise how pathetic and disgusting that is?

also, it doesn't make russia a "winner" by any definition. by any available standard, the russian people were already significant poorer, much unhealthier, much less free to begin with - and pootin's war will undeniably worsen their economic situation. the fact that much wealthier and healthier economies are also impacted negatively does not change that. so why are you cheering for the guy who is responsible for all of this? are you getting paid for doing so, or are you just a hateful individual?

concerning our military budget: i can only hope not a single cent will be spent. it's not needed. russia's conventional forces are not a threat to germany. we're in NATO. russia can't and won't do shit. no need to buy more tanks and planes, we have enough as is. unfortunately, our politicians aren't wise to that, and much money will be spent on war equipment - doesn't mean i support that though.
Gold: 751.50
Mar 17 2023 09:31am
Quote (fender @ Mar 17 2023 04:28pm)
i know you can't read very well, but at this point even a slow person like you should have noticed that i never denied the fact that pootin's war has hurt the entire world economy, and europe in particular. i have said from early on that america and china are the greatest beneficiaries, and europe the biggest losers (after ukraine and russia of course) of this conflict. but cheering for russia murdering and conquering ukraine would not change that.

so what is your deal here, constantly gloating over the misery that this war caused in germany, you ghoul? why are you happy about poor people suffering? do you even realise how pathetic and disgusting that is?

also, it doesn't make russia a "winner" by any definition. by any available standard, the russian people were already significant poorer, much unhealthier, much less free to begin with - and pootin's war will undeniably worsen their economic situation. the fact that much wealthier and healthier economies are also impacted negatively does not change that. so why are you cheering for the guy who is responsible for all of this? are you getting paid for doing so, or are you just a hateful individual?

concerning our military budget: i can only hope not a single cent will be spent. it's not needed. russia's conventional forces are not a threat to germany. we're in NATO. russia can't and won't do shit. no need to buy more tanks and planes, we have enough as is. unfortunately, our politicians aren't wise to that, and much money will be spent on war equipment - doesn't mean i support that though.

our military cant even raid a siberian farm and you dont want to spend extra to fix this disaster

exactly why we are a cuck vassal state

trump was right, the freeloading mentality is strong here

oh i forgot, freeloading is basically your life, of course you think that way

This post was edited by JohnnyMcCoy on Mar 17 2023 09:32am
Mar 17 2023 09:39am
Quote (JohnnyMcCoy @ 17 Mar 2023 16:13)
empty supermarkets, not enough essentials and daily products for the population, industrial production collapsing

something bad enough that could lead to an actual revolt

kremlin bot this, moscow shill that and some more npc "GO TO RUSSIA" talk, boring :zzz:

once again, you can only discuss semantics and you have to blatantly misinterpret my statement in bad faith

i did not say germany was in on the nordstream destruction and was like "go ahead boys"

and everyone here knows this, except you of course

the facts remain, what has happened since then is beyond pathetic and so far we only got that ridiculous "a few dudes with a small went there and boooom" story

russia and its exports will stay relevant and you bigot shitting on other people as if they are cavemen will always be irrelevant

deal with it sweetheart and i am not gonna applaud the countries that didnt join the most blatant bullshit war ever in iraq

your standards are even lower than i thought

i didn't ask you to applaud, i just educated you about your ignorant take - a lapdog would have agreed to the iraq war bullshit. that's the whole point, illiterate.

regarding ns2: you said we "let" a "crucial pipeline" get destroyed. i just educated you that neither of those things are true. it wasn't crucial, and we didn't let anyone do that. by your definition, you could just as well argue that russia "let" someone do it without any repercussions - so are they america's lapdog as well therefore? after all, it was their pipeline too. nothing of that talking point makes sense, ampootin.

also, i'm not shitting on the russian people. in fact, i feel bad for them. pointing out how your boy pootin exploits and oppresses them, how his greed and his ambitions keeps them poor is not "bigotry", it's stating economic facts to expose how shitty their ruling class is - but of course someone with your bootlicker mindset would totally misconstrue that in their empty head...
Mar 17 2023 09:42am
Quote (JohnnyMcCoy @ 17 Mar 2023 16:31)
our military cant even raid a siberian farm and you dont want to spend extra to fix this disaster

exactly why we are a cuck vassal state

trump was right, the freeloading mentality is strong here

oh i forgot, freeloading is basically your life, of course you think that way

here's the thing: we don't want to raid a siberian farm - not that russia's overhyped army would be any meaningful resistance, getting exposed on the daily, lol.

has nothing to do with "freeloading", that's just a brainless talking point. the nuclear deterrence already exists. no need for another arms race, war shill. have you learned nothing from history, lol?
Gold: 12,845.00
Mar 17 2023 09:44am
Quote (Black XistenZ @ Mar 17 2023 11:24am)
How exactly is Russia gonna export its natural gas to India? Pipelines through Afghanistan and Pakistan? Pipelines through India's #1 geopolitical rival China? And even when it comes to oil, pipelines to India won't be feasible for the same reasons, so it would all have to be shipped around half the globe.

One common argument against the West in all this is that the higher shipping costs of LNG (with which we're replacing Russian natural gas) will mean permanently higher prices in Europe. Well, the same argument then also cuts against Russia with regard to sales to India. The same argument also applies to South East Asia, albeit to a slightly lesser degree due to the slightly shorter shipping route from Russia.

Caspian sea/Iran partnership. For example:

https://www.pipeline-journal.net/news/russia-and-iran-move-create-one-largest-global-natural-gas-cartel

It's not really an argument against the west. it's an argument against the doom and gloom of Russia's future economic prospects. They have products that the world want. The east will gladly gobble these resources while EU politicians get on their high horses and boast about their reduction of reliance on Russian gas/oil. The great idiocy of it though is they are doing so with structurally much higher future energy costs :rofl:
Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
Prev1241024112412241324144467Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll