d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate > Russia / Ukraine
Prev1239623972398239924004467Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 4.91
Warn: 10%
Mar 14 2023 04:50am
"Some infantrymen told the Kyiv Independent that they often can’t rely on friendly artillery and mortar attacks against heavier Russian weapons.

"A mortar could be attacking us for three hours, we wait for support, there's no support," says the older Serhiy.

"They tell us hang on, you will get support in half an hour to an hour. We wait for seven hours, there's no support," the younger Serhiy chimes in.

Russian forces don’t seem to have this problem, the two comrades say. Russian shelling and attacks with vehicle-mounted weapons are abundant. When Ukrainian forces do get mortar support, the mortars often miss by a wide margin, some soldiers claim."

Lovely. Very proud to be supporting this.

https://kyivindependent.com/national/ukrainian-soldiers-in-bakhmut-our-troops-are-not-being-protected?gclid=Cj0KCQjwk7ugBhDIARIsAGuvgPZ-zCxmZOAxGR6qPjWVvlykOIxZYTPvX0g4VKD3kZnKYa52T-IUUEkaAkHcEALw_wcB
Gold: 3,971.00
Mar 14 2023 04:51am
Quote (Goomshill @ 14 Mar 2023 11:15)
Yes its easy to see everywhere. Russia is experience record inflation on food, energy, housing, etc. Their economy is in such shambles that businesses are fleeing inner cities as retail theft becomes widespread, violent crime following closely. Their tech sector is shedding jobs left and right, and now banks are collapsing due to lack of money. They are being outmaneuvered for access to global food, energy and rare earth elements. They've been in a recession for years but their central bank tries to just print more rubles and change the definition of 'recession' to pretend it isn't happening.

Are you sure you are talking about Russia?.

Energy/food inflation is about 10% - average for Russia as EMs usually run on double digit inflation numbers for years.

I don’t see evidence that businesses are fleeing inner cities. Retail theft/violent crime is not out of the ordinary from what I see.

Tech jobs did take a beating as huge part of IT sector was closely linked with the West and people had to either emigrate or adapt.

There has not been a single bank collapse despite unprecedented economical volatility. Central Bank did an amazing job and Nabiullina is one of the best Central Bank governors in the world at the moment.

Russia is one of the biggest producer of food/energy and some rare earth metals.

Russian CB is not big on printing roubles as EMs cannot follow MMT doctrine. They tried that in 1997 and collapsed. Instead they announced several ad-hoc taxes on energy/minerals exporters to replenish state coffers.
Gold: 2,195.46
Mar 14 2023 04:52am
Quote (Malopox @ Mar 14 2023 06:51am)

Energy/food inflation is about 10% - average for Russia as EMs usually run on double digit inflation numbers for years.

I don’t see evidence that businesses are fleeing inner cities. Retail theft/violent crime is not out of the ordinary from what I see.

Tech jobs did take a beating as huge part of IT sector was closely linked with the West and people had to either emigrate or adapt.

There has not been a single bank collapse despite unprecedented economical volatility. Central Bank did an amazing job and Nabiullina is one of the best Central Bank governors in the world at the moment.

Russia is one of the biggest producer of food/energy and some rare earth metals.

Russian CB is not big on printing roubles as EMs cannot follow MMT doctrine. They tried that in 1997 and collapsed. Instead they announced several ad-hoc taxes on energy/minerals exporters to replenish state coffers.

:unsure:
Gold: 22,164.69
Mar 14 2023 04:58am
Quote (Malopox @ Mar 14 2023 05:51am)

:bonk:
Gold: 7,415.00
Mar 14 2023 05:53am
Quote (Malopox @ Mar 14 2023 11:51am)

There is always this guy who doesn't understand irony.
Gold: 3,971.00
Mar 14 2023 06:05am
Quote (babun1024 @ 14 Mar 2023 12:53)
There is always this guy who doesn't understand irony.

Welp
Gold: 45,309.00
Warn: 10%
Mar 14 2023 06:33am
One of the issues with this sub-forum, and this thread, is that a lot of people speak in riddles, or say rather, they are not plain spoken. I will therefore at times ask these people to be plain spoken. This is not me being pedantic for the sake of being pedantic, but rather that this is to ensure that a users position is understood by all, accepting not everyone here understands nuance, irony or sarcasm. English is also not everyone's first language. In this regard it be better to be plain spoken then for misunderstandings to arise / perpetuate. Nuance exists and it is recommended to qualify a yes/no answer with a caveat or explanation in order to both flesh out your own vision/comprehension of the issue and to make your position abundantly clear to someone else.

I have watched quite a bit of the US twitter hearings recently and I would remark that it is normal for questioners to ask questions but refuse anything other then a yes/no answer, refuse for the questioner to be allowed time to explain a position and the questioners refuse to answer questions themselves. This attitude is repeated here in this thread. Now politicians and users get away with this every day and this will not stop. However that does not mean that in this thread when someone says something wrong, that they will not be called out on it. Also if you dont like an answer to a question, accept that you asked the question and thank the respondent for giving you the time of day to respond. If you like asking questions and you continue to want answers then perhaps you should be open to answering questions yourself as well as giving your own view.

Nevertheless, regardless of position people that readily contribute to the thread, especially with opposing views, should be commended for the add value posts they make. Everyone adds value (even Fender, Proximity and Meanwhile) as we all represent an element of the society we come from.

What is very frustrating however is when we are providing copious factual information which is readily being discarded in favor of a contrived narrative. Therefore I would ask people - when you see bullshit, call it out. There are users that have literally ignored all of the history and are creating their own narrative from which to argue a point. This is either born out of ignorance, stupidity, naivety or simply being dishonest. Debating in bad faith and sermonizing from a made up position, complaining about someones view without providing your own view, and deflecting away from hard truths is an unfortunate reality but we should be able to self monitor the thread.

D2JSP has invisible moderators. This is both good and bad. For a topic like this it is good: A moderation against hate speech, A moderation against graphic violence, and a broad rule on what is accepted and what is not accepted. As to the content of this topic we are at this long enough now and some of us have read enough and understand enough to be able to refute false claims. Accepting facts should not be this hard.

This post was edited by ferdia on Mar 14 2023 06:35am
Gold: 100,701.50
Mar 14 2023 07:29am
Short fragments, Jeffrey Sachs / Scott Ritter / Ray McGovern regarding disastrous US foreign policy under Joe Biden. (I don't know the interviewer)

Gold: 32,517.50
Mar 14 2023 07:43am
Quote (ferdia @ Mar 14 2023 12:33pm)
One of the issues with this sub-forum, and this thread, is that a lot of people speak in riddles, or say rather, they are not plain spoken. I will therefore at times ask these people to be plain spoken. This is not me being pedantic for the sake of being pedantic, but rather that this is to ensure that a users position is understood by all, accepting not everyone here understands nuance, irony or sarcasm. English is also not everyone's first language. In this regard it be better to be plain spoken then for misunderstandings to arise / perpetuate. Nuance exists and it is recommended to qualify a yes/no answer with a caveat or explanation in order to both flesh out your own vision/comprehension of the issue and to make your position abundantly clear to someone else.

I have watched quite a bit of the US twitter hearings recently and I would remark that it is normal for questioners to ask questions but refuse anything other then a yes/no answer, refuse for the questioner to be allowed time to explain a position and the questioners refuse to answer questions themselves. This attitude is repeated here in this thread. Now politicians and users get away with this every day and this will not stop. However that does not mean that in this thread when someone says something wrong, that they will not be called out on it. Also if you dont like an answer to a question, accept that you asked the question and thank the respondent for giving you the time of day to respond. If you like asking questions and you continue to want answers then perhaps you should be open to answering questions yourself as well as giving your own view.

Nevertheless, regardless of position people that readily contribute to the thread, especially with opposing views, should be commended for the add value posts they make. Everyone adds value (even Fender, Proximity and Meanwhile) as we all represent an element of the society we come from.

What is very frustrating however is when we are providing copious factual information which is readily being discarded in favor of a contrived narrative. Therefore I would ask people - when you see bullshit, call it out. There are users that have literally ignored all of the history and are creating their own narrative from which to argue a point. This is either born out of ignorance, stupidity, naivety or simply being dishonest. Debating in bad faith and sermonizing from a made up position, complaining about someones view without providing your own view, and deflecting away from hard truths is an unfortunate reality but we should be able to self monitor the thread.

D2JSP has invisible moderators. This is both good and bad. For a topic like this it is good: A moderation against hate speech, A moderation against graphic violence, and a broad rule on what is accepted and what is not accepted. As to the content of this topic we are at this long enough now and some of us have read enough and understand enough to be able to refute false claims. Accepting facts should not be this hard.

Been steady calling out the bullshit for months. Whilst you are enabling the bullshitters.
Gold: 17,384.69
Mar 14 2023 07:44am
Quote (Goomshill @ 14 Mar 2023 03:22)

Not shocking you but politicians will say alot of things and these things will vary depending on time.
If you push for a narrative ( you didnt cherry pick up right?) you will need to put DATE & Time on your citations/interviews, this is essential "JOURNALISM"

----------------------

A quick reminder about :

Regime change in Moscow 'definitely' the goal, Joly (CANADA FOREIGN MINISTER) says, as Canada bans Russian steel, aluminum imports .

https://nationalpost.com/news/politics/regime-change-in-moscow-definitely-the-goal-joly-says

==> Regime change does not only includes Putin, putin represents these people: a small group of elite, oligarches and political leaders/figures even criminals.
This small group simply doesn't want to join the west because they don't want to lose: their businesses/monopoly in front of legit competition, corruption income in front of legality, and all various coercision schemes allowing them to bypass the laws. Nepotism too.

IMHO I am not opposed in replacing this regime which also drives ALOT of international crimes. State sponsorized mafia.

This post was edited by Meanwhile on Mar 14 2023 07:47am
Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
Prev1239623972398239924004467Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll