d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate > Russia / Ukraine
Prev1238023812382238323844472Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 32,517.50
Mar 12 2023 06:25am
Quote (Hamsterbaby @ Mar 12 2023 12:15pm)
Look, I do also agree with you that the Chinese did nasty things to the Uyghurs.

I know that is true.
But you mentioned that the CCP genocide them. I can also ask if there is real solid proof that they actually killed them in the millions. Or genocide their entire ethincity.

It has been characterized as a genocide, if you are arguing about the definition of genocide in relations to killings large amounts of people. Then you are in my opinion missing the point
Gold: 45,309.00
Warn: 10%
Mar 12 2023 06:26am
Quote (Hamsterbaby @ Mar 12 2023 12:15pm)
Look, I do also agree with you that the Chinese did nasty things to the Uyghurs.

I know that is true.
But you mentioned that the CCP genocide them. I can also ask if there is real solid proof that they actually killed them in the millions. Or genocide their entire ethincity.

you and your china conversatons !

Genocide: the deliberate killing of a large number of people from a particular nation or ethnic group with the aim of destroying that nation or group.
UN Definition: To constitute genocide, there must be a proven intent on the part of perpetrators to physically destroy a national, ethnical, racial or religious group. Cultural destruction does not suffice, nor does an intention to simply disperse a group.

that actually supports his claim btw. its how you interpret the word.

/e yea see how proximity raised the same point - the interpretation of the word. in this regard it is reasonable to side with proximity here noting the UN definition.

This post was edited by ferdia on Mar 12 2023 06:28am
Mar 12 2023 06:30am
Provides circumstantial evidence.
"This is completely irrefutable"
"Now lets debate!" /thread
Mar 12 2023 06:34am
Quote (Prox1m1ty @ Mar 12 2023 12:30pm)
Provides circumstantial evidence.
"This is completely irrefutable"
"Now lets debate!" /thread

you doctor other people posts and then quote them
you make up your own interpretation of someones opinions
you do not give your own position
you do not answer questions
you are not willing to open your mind
you refuse to accept facts when presented to you suggesting the facts are not facts even when provided by the US department of defence and the CIA.

i need to get off my ass here. i hope you have a nice sundayyyyyyyyyyyy

This post was edited by ferdia on Mar 12 2023 06:38am
Gold: 46,068.00
Mar 12 2023 06:34am
Quote (Prox1m1ty @ 12 Mar 2023 20:25)
It has been characterized as a genocide, if you are arguing about the definition of genocide in relations to killings large amounts of people. Then you are in my opinion missing the point

So if interpretation matters here and I take it as I agree with your view . With all the evidence you can provide, I believe the research is done largely by Adrian Zenz, that is where it all started from ?
And perhaps you have a number of photos and satellite information in regards to the Camps and also it is true that the CCP prevented UN investigators on a number of occasions.

Now if the above information is what it is, wouldn't it be plausible that the Nord Stream 2 is being purposely sabotaged by the West with those information that and some other poster produced in this current thread?
Mar 12 2023 06:42am
Quote (Hamsterbaby @ Mar 12 2023 12:34pm)
So if interpretation matters here and I take it as I agree with your view . With all the evidence you can provide, I believe the research is done largely by Adrian Zenz, that is where it all started from ?
And perhaps you have a number of photos and satellite information in regards to the Camps and also it is true that the CCP prevented UN investigators on a number of occasions.

Now if the above information is what it is, wouldn't it be plausible that the Nord Stream 2 is being purposely sabotaged by the West with those information that ^Ferdia and some other poster produced in this current thread?

if you manage to get a "yes" or "no" answer from him i will be very surprised.
Gold: 17,384.69
Mar 12 2023 06:46am
Quote (ferdia @ 12 Mar 2023 13:26)
you and your china conversatons !

Genocide: the deliberate killing of a large number of people from a particular nation or ethnic group with the aim of destroying that nation or group.
UN Definition: To constitute genocide, there must be a proven intent on the part of perpetrators to physically destroy a national, ethnical, racial or religious group. Cultural destruction does not suffice, nor does an intention to simply disperse a group.

that actually supports his claim btw. its how you interpret the word.

/e yea see how proximity raised the same point - the interpretation of the word. in this regard it is reasonable to side with proximity here noting the UN definition.

CCP conducts mass sterilization of minority women, send men & women in working camps, trying to destroy their habits so they have less children. They even put Han men in Uyghurs houses to teach them how to love xi-jinping (would not be suprised if rapes or other shits occurs).
CCP seize land, properties, meaning ressources (money is SUPER important).

So globally, yes, this is definitely a genocide.

This post was edited by Meanwhile on Mar 12 2023 06:47am
Mar 12 2023 06:54am
Quote (ferdia @ Mar 12 2023 12:34pm)
you doctor other people posts and then quote them
you make up your own interpretation of someones opinions
you do not give your own position
you do not answer questions
you are not willing to open your mind
you refuse to accept facts when presented to you suggesting the facts are not facts even when provided by the US department of defence and the CIA.

i need to get off my ass here. i hope you have a
Quote (Hamsterbaby @ Mar 12 2023 12:34pm)

Now if the above information is what it is, wouldn't it be plausible that the Nord Stream 2 is being purposely sabotaged by the West with those information that ^Ferdia and some other poster produced in this current thread?

To your second point. No.
Gold: 0.00
Warn: 30%
Mar 12 2023 07:02am
Quote (ferdia @ 12 Mar 2023 13:06)
its not my fault if you dont educate yourself. it is however your fault if you dont bother to read it.

educate myself about what?

- the alleged "promise" about nato expansion? how about YOU educate yourself about the countless ACTUAL treaties and commitments russia made acknowledging and confirming ukraine's territorial integrity and independence even AFTER most former warsaw pact members became part of NATO?

- some guy predicting a war and blaming the west? how about YOU educate yourself about the concept of agency, about russia's role, about proportionality, about the difference between diplomatic aggression and military aggression, between a nation state and a defensive alliance, between a desire for security and independence and the desire to conquer foreign territories?

- some former prime minister making a statement that russian propaganda picked up and constantly misuses out of context? again, ukraine has agency, if they stopped fighting tomorrow there's nothing "the west" could do. if pootin just wanted peace and withdrew from ukrainian territory (territory that, again, russia acknowledged countless times in official treaties doesn't belong to them), ukraine would happily accept that, and there would be peace tomorrow.

- the US ("or its allies" - nice catch-all there) blowing up NS2? i've been over this as well. while you trolls already committed to the old fart's "US did it because i said so" fairy tale (which i rejected for its complete lack of evidence), i find the new report about a ukrainian group much more credible. that would not be the US though (even though i wouldn't be shocked about pentagon involvement, but i want evidence for that before just claiming it), that would be ukraine. again, they have agency. also, if you look back at my comments at the time, i always said that i don't find it unimaginable that the US is behind it. in fact, they were always the 2nd most likely culprit for me - it's just that russia's incentives were higher and their risks significantly lower. we still don't know anything with certainty or even high likelihood - so stop acting like it.

your main problem is that you pretend (or maybe even genuinely think) you are "objective", but you simply refuse to put things into context and consider that this war has multiple angles to consider, not just two. your main goal here appears to be to "balance" your thread, and since most people side with the aggressed upon and not the warmonger, you tend to more easily accept pro russian narratives while dismissing evidence that is pro ukraine, or exposes the kremlin friendly talking points as the distractions and excuses they are.

what it comes down to is that all of the cute little talking points you are so eager to push, even if we uncritically accepted them as 100% true, don't excuse the war. they don't mean that destroying a whole country, killing and wounding tens of thousands of innocent civilians, causing unimaginable suffering to millions of people (including many russians btw) is in any way justified. russia has agency. they were not "forced" to do any of this. even ukraine being in NATO (which wasn't going to happen any time soon btw - when russia invaded them the second time, there wasn't even a way for ukraine to join at that point) would NOT be an existential threat to them, no matter what they publicly claim, no matter what you personally want to believe. NATO doesn't just randomly attack nuclear armed nations to conquer them - that never happened, and never would - that's pure russian propaganda.

Quote (Hamsterbaby @ 12 Mar 2023 13:15)

I know that is true.

you might want to look up the UN definition of "genocide", CCP apologist.
Gold: 46,068.00
Mar 12 2023 07:03am
Quote (fender @ 12 Mar 2023 21:02)
educate myself about what?

- the alleged "promise" about nato expansion? how about YOU educate yourself about the countless ACTUAL treaties and commitments russia made acknowledging and confirming ukraine's territorial integrity and independence even AFTER most former warsaw pact members became part of NATO?

- some guy predicting a war and blaming the west? how about YOU educate yourself about the concept of agency, about russia's role, about proportionality, about the difference between diplomatic aggression and military aggression, between a nation state and a defensive alliance, between a desire for security and independence and the desire to conquer foreign territories?

- some former prime minister making a statement that russian propaganda picked up and constantly misuses out of context? again, ukraine has agency, if they stopped fighting tomorrow there's nothing "the west" could do. if pootin just wanted peace and withdrew from ukrainian territory (territory that, again, russia acknowledged countless times in official treaties doesn't belong to them), ukraine would happily accept that, and there would be peace tomorrow.

- the US ("or its allies" - nice catch-all there) blowing up NS2? i've been over this as well. while you trolls already committed to the old fart's "US did it because i said so" fairy tale (which i rejected for its complete lack of evidence), i find the new report about a ukrainian group much more credible. that would not be the US though (even though i wouldn't be shocked about pentagon involvement, but i want evidence for that before just claiming it), that would be ukraine. again, they have agency. also, if you look back at my comments at the time, i always said that i don't find it unimaginable that the US is behind it. in fact, they were always the 2nd most likely culprit for me - it's just that russia's incentives were higher and their risks significantly lower. we still don't know anything with certainty or even high likelihood - so stop acting like it.

your main problem is that you pretend (or maybe even genuinely think) you are "objective", but you simply refuse to put things into context and consider that this war has multiple angles to consider, not just two. your main goal here appears to be to "balance" your thread, and since most people side with the aggressed upon and not the warmonger, you tend to more easily accept pro russian narratives while dismissing evidence that is pro ukraine, or exposes the kremlin friendly talking points as the distractions and excuses they are.

what it comes down to is that all of the cute little talking points you are so eager to push, even if we uncritically accepted them as 100% true, don't excuse the war. they don't mean that destroying a whole country, killing and wounding tens of thousands of innocent civilians, causing unimaginable suffering to millions of people (including many russians btw) is in any way justified. russia has agency. they were not "forced" to do any of this. even ukraine being in NATO (which wasn't going to happen any time soon btw - when russia invaded them the second time, there wasn't even a way for ukraine to join at that point) would NOT be an existential threat to them, no matter what they publicly claim, no matter what you personally want to believe. NATO doesn't just randomly attack nuclear armed nations to conquer them - that never happened, and never would - that's pure russian propaganda.

you might want to look up the UN definition of "genocide", CCP apologist.

you can't afford a fender
Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
Prev1238023812382238323844472Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll