d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate > Russia / Ukraine
Prev1237723782379238023814472Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 46,068.00
Mar 12 2023 05:19am
Quote (ferdia @ 12 Mar 2023 19:13)
Well Japan and China is what, 80 years ago ? By that same measure you can say France and Germany.

you have to understand as well, no matter how this ends it will not be pretty for anyone. so a return to normality in 15 years time is highly unlikely.

I know this is CTGN and it will ruffle some feathers here.

But they did an interview with John J. Mearsheimer 2 weeks back.

This post was edited by Hamsterbaby on Mar 12 2023 05:19am
Mar 12 2023 05:20am
Quote (ferdia @ 12 Mar 2023 19:13)
Well Japan and China is what, 80 years ago ? By that same measure you can say France and Germany.

you have to understand as well, no matter how this ends it will not be pretty for anyone. so a return to normality in 15 years time is highly unlikely.

And this is a shorter video with ORF ( Austrian TV ) interviewing India's Foreign minister asking very extremely tough questions on Russia and Ukraine.

War in Ukraine starts around 2.05 mins

This post was edited by Hamsterbaby on Mar 12 2023 05:24am
Gold: 32,517.50
Mar 12 2023 05:21am
If you are saying "this is my view and here is the circumstantial evidence" that is one thing.
It appears to me what you are doing is projecting your view as fact, and the "evidence" you claim is there is actually threadbare.

The bojo position is point and case. Your claim is he is on the record as having convinced Zelensky not to negotiate, and in your own provided "evidence" he isin't!
What you are extrapolating and what are the actual facts are not the same, but you want to project them as such. Grandiose posturing.

Mar 12 2023 05:24am
Quote (Hamsterbaby @ Mar 12 2023 11:19am)
I know this is CTGN and it will ruffle some feathers here.

But they did an interview with John J. Mearsheimer 2 weeks back.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V4s7T-TLp6k

CTGN? Really? :rofl:
CCP's mouthpiece is a valid platform. Fucking hell man
Gold: 45,309.00
Warn: 10%
Mar 12 2023 05:27am
Quote (Prox1m1ty @ Mar 12 2023 11:16am)
Erroneous and misleading statement. Proof does not equate to hypothesis; Why is this such a difficult concept to accept?
You provide positions of your own and project them as the one true narrative; Its not a balanced way of debating anything, as much as you harp on at being bi-partisan.

Providing a platform for manufactured truth is akin to collaborating. It shouldn't be a surprise your cheerleading for war criminals as Lavrov is basically the poster boy of falsehoods.

The difference between you and me in this topic is that when I get asked something I answer. I give my opinion. I welcome everyone giving their own views and opinions, especailly where they differ from mine.
I personally do not buy into the simplisity of this war which is being packaged to us and there are serious questions of the US and the EU, which alot of us are uncomfortable with.
I dont deflect. Even if my position is controversial, i will provide it. If you want to debate or challenge a single quote of mine, do so, and I will reply. If you prove me wrong I will concede the point.

You have been provided with extensive evidence to support people positions in this topic. you have to my mind, ignored all of it, even when it is addressed to you. The Boris episode sits quite uncomfortably with me. You did not concede the point and your words since then relating to this matter have been very poor. Your inability to provide a view while refuting my view re: NS2 is also unhelpful and not in good faith.

If there are holes in my views people, like meanwhile, have corrected me. The China % military spending comes to mind. Similarly if there are holes in other peoples views, i call them out. You dont provide your view. You simply tell people their view is wrong, and when their views are proven right, you still say their view is wrong.

/e and doubling down on your position re: boris when the video is there for everyone to watch is just stupid.
/e I could just as easily be pendantic and say to all of your posts "oh you have proof? where is it? give".

Did Boris play a hand in telling Ukraine not to negotiate with Putin. We will never know, its not as if he would ever say that. :rolleyes:

This post was edited by ferdia on Mar 12 2023 05:38am
Mar 12 2023 05:40am
Quote (Prox1m1ty @ 12 Mar 2023 19:24)
CTGN? Really? :rofl:
CCP's mouthpiece is a valid platform. Fucking hell man

I said it will ruffle some feathers here. The same can be said about any other West Media and those are NATO or US led mouth pieces.
But I wouldn't touch and debate on that because both Western Media and at times Chinese media can provide views that can be truthful. Just because it is US media doesn't mean it is fake and political. Just because it is CTGN , it doesn't mean it can be fake.

Same can be said about CNN, MSNBC and Fox news. At times even these left and right wing American news outlet can provide very solid information about domestic and global issues.

But the person who is being interviewed is the key and he is one of my favourite American Geo Political analyst from the realist school.

If you are interested , this is him.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Mearsheimer

Mar 12 2023 05:41am
Quote (Hamsterbaby @ Mar 12 2023 11:40am)
I said it will ruffle some feathers here. The same can be said about any other West Media and those are NATO or US led mouth pieces.
But I wouldn't touch and debate on that because both Western Media and at times Chinese media can provide views that can be truthful. Just because it is US media doesn't mean it is fake and political. Just because it is CTGN , it doesn't mean it can be fake.

Same can be said about CNN, MSNBC and Fox news. At times even these left and right wing American news outlet can provide very solid information about domestic and global issues.

But the person who is being interviewed is the key and he is one of my favourite American Geo Political analyst from the realist school.

well said.
Mar 12 2023 05:42am
Quote (ferdia @ Mar 12 2023 11:27am)
The difference between you and me in this topic is that when I get asked something I answer. I give my opinion. I welcome everyone giving their own views and opinions, especailly where they differ from mine.
I personally do not buy into the simplisity of this war which is being packaged to us and there are serious questions of the US and the EU, which alot of us are uncomfortable with.
I dont deflect. Even if my position is controversial, i will provide it. If you want to debate or challenge a single quote of mine, do so, and I will reply. If you prove me wrong I will concede the point.

You have been provided with extensive evidence to support people positions in this topic. you have to my mind, ignored all of it, even when it is addressed to you. The Boris episode sits quite uncomfortably with me. You did not concede the point and your words since then relating to this matter have been very poor. Your inability to provide a view while refuting my view re: NS is also unhelpful and not in good faith.

If there are holes in my views people, like meanwhile have corrected me. similarly if there are holes in other peoples views, i call them out. You dont provide your view. You simply tell people their view is wrong, and when proven right, you still say their view is wrong.

/e and doubling down on your position re: boris when the video is there for everyone to watch is just stupid.

You give an opinion but you project it as irrefutable.

But whatever fits your narrative.
Even if Boris doesn't say it, we should assume he did? Even if we can't prove US took out NS2, we should assume they did?

Just because you are convinced doesn't mean we are all wet behind the ears.
Mar 12 2023 05:43am
Quote (Hamsterbaby @ Mar 12 2023 11:40am)

You mean the guy the host is feeding a narrative to?

Poorly said. Mearsheimer would be getting paid for that appearance; Claiming it is anything but a narrative is erroneous.

Hyprocrisy.

This post was edited by Prox1m1ty on Mar 12 2023 05:44am
Mar 12 2023 05:44am
Quote (Prox1m1ty @ Mar 12 2023 11:42am)
You give an opinion but you project it as irrefutable.

But whatever fits your narrative.
Even if Boris doesn't say it, we should assume he did? Even if we can't prove US took out NS2, we should assume they did?

Just because you are convinced doesn't mean we are all wet behind the ears.

But Boris did say it re: dont negotiate. The video is there for all to see.
and re: NS2 - The US said they would do it. The US were happy it was done. A Prizewinning Journalist scopped how it was done. The US refuses to allow the UN to investigate. Russia is reparing it. Yes, from all that I would be pretty emphatic that the US or their allies did it. I am sorry if you dont think thats enough for me to project my opinion.

John Mearsheimer is not someone new to this thread. We can only provide you with the informaiton. if you dont want to read or watch it, thats on you, but then dont be surprised if our views differ.

This post was edited by ferdia on Mar 12 2023 05:49am
Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
Prev1237723782379238023814472Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll