d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate >
Poll > How To Get To Heaven When You Die
Prev1232233234235236298Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
  Guests cannot view or vote in polls. Please register or login.
Retired Moderator
Gold: 848.00
Trader: Trusted
Apr 5 2018 08:28am
Quote (CPK001 @ 4 Apr 2018 20:04)
I would agree that I need to bear the fruits of the spirit like in Galatians 5:22-23 and so Matthew 5:16 also comes true.
Unfortunately in this media, all we have are our words. We all have different upbringings, different life journeys, different experiences and different personalities.

I would love nothing more than to do what that one Good Samaritan did in Luke 10:25-37 but once again, in this media all we have are our words.
I could tell stories of when I was a Good Samaritan but without seeing the word become flesh, what good will it do?

The only thing left for me to do is to tell others of the great reward that you can claim in a summation.

We are all sinners. Every one of us. You. Me. Even The Father knows deeply of sin. It's a poison that clouds our minds. What if I told you, you could be free from sin? What if I told you that everything you ever dreamed could come true?

What if I told you that everything could be overcome if you embraced an idea: That freedom of sin can come from the power of just one word...

http://i64.tinypic.com/71p99c.jpg

I understand perfectly everything you said, but we have a fundamental commandment that can transform us into a better person:

Matthew 22 New International Version (NIV)

37 Jesus replied: “‘Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind. (for all humanity, all religions, respecting every person in their understanding.)
38 This is the first and greatest commandment.
39 And the second is like it: Love your neighbor as yourself.
40 All the Law and the Prophets hang on these two commandments.”

Gold: 3,915.49
Apr 5 2018 08:30am
Quote (CPK001 @ 5 Apr 2018 20:51)
If you actually want your little philosophy of us in this day and age to not evangelize then it is up to you to take on the world.

As for me, I'm only here for you.

I want to remind you of the gospel which I am preaching to you for what I received I am passing on to you as of first importance: that Christ died for our sins according to the Scriptures, that he was buried, that he was raised on the third day according to the Scriptures and that he appeared to Cephas and then to the twelve. After that he appeared to more than five hundred people at the same time. Then he appeared to James then to all the apostles.

If there is no resurrection of the dead, then not even Christ has been raised. And if Christ has not been raised, our preaching is useless and so is your faith. More than that, we are then found to be false witnesses about God, for we have testified about God that he raised Christ from the dead. But he did not raise him if in fact the dead are not raised. For if the dead are not raised, then Christ has not been raised either. And if Christ has not been raised, your faith is futile; you are still in your sins. Then those also who have fallen asleep in Christ are lost. If only for this life we have hope in Christ, we are of all people most to be pitied.

It is so simple: just say yes! It is the most powerful word in the world.

Do you agree? - YES!

Is it good to say yes to this? - YES!

Do you accept Jesus' gift of salvation believing he died and rose again for your sins? - YES!

_ .. _ . ___ ___
| | | |./ _ \/ __|
| |_| |. __/\__ \
\__, |\___||___/
__/ |
|___/

NO (173 Votes)51.80%
NO (173 Votes)51.80%
NO (173 Votes)51.80%
NO (173 Votes)51.80%

Gold: 5,016.77
Apr 5 2018 08:32am
Quote (El Shadday @ Apr 5 2018 09:28am)
I understand perfectly everything you said, but we have a fundamental commandment that can transform us into a better person:

37 Jesus replied: “‘Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind. (for all humanity, all religions, respecting every person in their understanding.)
40 All the Law and the Prophets hang on these two commandments.

What law and prophets is Jesus referring to?
Gold: Locked
Trader: Scammer
Warn: 10%
Apr 5 2018 11:39am
I voted No.
Gold: 5.77
Apr 5 2018 11:46am
According to the Bible:

You die

That's it for a very long time as you are in Sheol, literally the grave

Thousands of years from now God will resurrect everyone and judge them

Some will be allowed to live, some will be tossed into a "lake of fire" and cease to exist

So, the way to get into Heaven is to die and wait a very long time for God to judge you. And beg Jesus to intercede for you because God is an asshole.

This post was edited by inkanddagger on Apr 5 2018 11:46am
Gold: 0.00
Apr 5 2018 05:01pm
Quote (El Shadday @ Apr 6 2018 12:28am)

40 All the Law and the Prophets hang on these two commandments.”

I agree.

What do you think that would look like in the daily life of a Christian? What would one actually do when they love the LORD your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind? What would one actually do when they love their neighbor as yourself?

Quote (coralcaves @ Apr 6 2018 12:30am)
NO (173 Votes)51.80%
NO (173 Votes)51.80%
NO (173 Votes)51.80%
NO (173 Votes)51.80%

All the more reason why the good news must be spread.

Come to think of it, I see a yes, no, already accepted Jesus as my Lord and Savior but what does 'other' mean?

Frodo, when you come back and post here again what does 'other' mean in your poll? What circumstance would somebody need to vote for 'other' whether or not they accept Jesus' gift of salvation?
Gold: 10,485.00
Apr 5 2018 07:22pm
Quote (Instrument @ Apr 5 2018 08:02am)
I would encourage you to read the ENTIRE bible and not just one verse that you feel gives you some kind of talking point in a format such as this. The true fact is as I already stated you are using 1 scripture where he instructed the “original 11” to preach the gospel but you are IGNORING 20 other versus (for example the ENTIRE 6th chapter of the book of Acts) that tell EVERYONE to do the same. You can’t only preach the things that fit your agenda and omit things that don’t. I will pray that god would give you proper discernment of his word and I hope you have a blessed day sir.

I'm not ignoring anything...lad. CPK quoted only the part of Mark 16: that he wanted and that erroneously made a point he wanted others to believe.

As for the Bible, I was raised catholic. 8 years of reading the Bible. So let's no go there.

The opeartive point here is that Jesus or God or whomever, did NOT instruct EVERYONE to go out and spread the word. Especially not people that use omission to make points. :/

/e

Come to think of it, I see a yes, no, already accepted Jesus as my Lord and Savior but what does 'other' mean?
Frodo, when you come back and post here again what does 'other' mean in your poll? What circumstance would somebody need to vote for 'other' whether or not they accept Jesus' gift of salvation?

Lusting after more yes votes? I mean, really? LOL

This post was edited by Ghot on Apr 5 2018 07:25pm
Gold: 0.00
Apr 5 2018 08:40pm
Quote (Ghot @ Apr 6 2018 11:22am)
I'm not ignoring anything...lad. CPK quoted only the part of Mark 16: that he wanted and that erroneously made a point he wanted others to believe.

As for the Bible, I was raised catholic. 8 years of reading the Bible. So let's no go there.

The opeartive point here is that Jesus or God or whomever, did NOT instruct EVERYONE to go out and spread the word. Especially not people that use omission to make points. :/

/e

Lusting after more yes votes? I mean, really? LOL

I could have quoted more versus. Let's say there are 20 other versus that tell everyone to do the same.

It is you who needs to say YES! to the free gift of salvation. Here is why:

We are all sinners. Every one of us. You. Me. Even The Father knows deeply of sin. It's a poison that clouds our minds. What if I told you, you could be free from sin? What if I told you that everything you ever dreamed could come true?

What if I told you that everything could be overcome if you embraced an idea: That freedom of sin can come from the power of just one word...
_ .. _ . ___ ___
| | | |./ _ \/ __|
| |_| |. __/\__ \
\__, |\___||___/
__/ |
|___/
Gold: 260.11
Apr 5 2018 09:18pm
God sent Ghandi to hell and Hitler to heaven
Gold: 2,617.52
Apr 5 2018 10:11pm
D E U S V U L T