d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate >
Poll > How To Get To Heaven When You Die
Prev1230231232233234298Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
  Guests cannot view or vote in polls. Please register or login.
Gold: 90.58
Apr 4 2018 02:50am
Quote (xfrodobagginsx @ Apr 3 2018 04:29pm)
Mr 16:15 And he said unto them, Go ye into all the world, and preach the gospel to every creature.

Repent
Gold: 0.00
Apr 4 2018 06:04am
Quote (El Shadday @ Apr 1 2018 10:25pm)
do not try to proselytize.
show your brothers that the examples of Christ live in you.
have respect for all divergent ideas and show your moral conduct.
only then will you get respect from people. :hug:

I can see what you are saying. Tensions certainly do rise from time to time.

There is one thing I do not understand. Given that Jesus says that there is only one way to the Father and that Mark 16:15 is an order to go into all the world and preach the gospel, why shouldn't I try to proselytize? Aren't I doing a disservice if I withhold the most precious bit of information that one could ever possibly tell?
Gold: 10,485.00
Apr 4 2018 06:13am

I love how you folk, always seem to take parts of the bible out of context. :/
You who are not supposed to be lying.

14 Later Jesus appeared to the Eleven as they were eating; he rebuked them for their lack of faith and their stubborn refusal to believe those who had seen him after he had risen.
15 He said to them, “Go into all the world and preach the gospel to all creation.

Here again, Jesus was talking to the Eleven Disciples, NOT to every tom, dick and harry.
Gold: 1,532.01
Apr 4 2018 08:22am
Quote (CPK001 @ Apr 4 2018 01:04pm)

There is one thing I do not understand. Given that Jesus says that there is only one way to the Father and that Mark 16:15 is an order to go into all the world and preach the gospel, why shouldn't I try to proselytize? Aren't I doing a disservice if I withhold the most precious bit of information that one could ever possibly tell?

Righty tighty, lefty loosey?
Gold: 338.32
Trader: Trusted
Apr 4 2018 08:38am
Quote (Ghot @ Apr 4 2018 06:13am)
I love how you folk, always seem to take parts of the bible out of context. :/
You who are not supposed to be lying.

14 Later Jesus appeared to the Eleven as they were eating; he rebuked them for their lack of faith and their stubborn refusal to believe those who had seen him after he had risen.
15 He said to them, “Go into all the world and preach the gospel to all creation.

Here again, Jesus was talking to the Eleven Disciples, NOT to every tom, dick and harry.

The dictionary definition to clarify......

Noun
disciple (plural disciples)

-A person who learns from another, especially one who then teaches others.
-An active follower or adherent of someone, or some philosophy etc.

The Bible teaches that it is IMPOSSIBLE to be a true Christian and NOT be a disciple Acts 6 explains this if you are interested in reading it. We as disciples are to spread the good news of the gospel to the world.
Retired Moderator
Gold: 848.00
Trader: Trusted
Apr 4 2018 12:06pm
Quote (CPK001 @ 4 Apr 2018 09:04)

Yes, I agree with you, the best method for you to spread the good news is through your moral conduct. :hug:
it is only by example that the people around you will understand how Christianity transforms people for good.
Jesus imposed absolutely nothing, he gave examples and more examples.
His moral teachings are eternal and imperishable values. :love:
Gold: 5,016.77
Apr 4 2018 12:22pm
Quote (El Shadday @ Apr 1 2018 07:25am)
do not try to proselytize.
show your brothers that the examples of Christ live in you.
have respect for all divergent ideas and show your moral conduct.
only then will you get respect from people. :hug:

Is there any better example as to why you aren't a Christian?
Apr 4 2018 05:04pm
Quote (El Shadday @ Apr 5 2018 04:06am)
Yes, I agree with you, the best method for you to spread the good news is through your moral conduct. :hug:
it is only by example that the people around you will understand how Christianity transforms people for good.
Jesus imposed absolutely nothing, he gave examples and more examples.
His moral teachings are eternal and imperishable values. :love:

I would agree that I need to bear the fruits of the spirit like in Galatians 5:22-23 and so Matthew 5:16 also comes true.
Unfortunately in this media, all we have are our words. We all have different upbringings, different life journeys, different experiences and different personalities.

I would love nothing more than to do what that one Good Samaritan did in Luke 10:25-37 but once again, in this media all we have are our words.
I could tell stories of when I was a Good Samaritan but without seeing the word become flesh, what good will it do?

The only thing left for me to do is to tell others of the great reward that you can claim in a summation.

We are all sinners. Every one of us. You. Me. Even The Father knows deeply of sin. It's a poison that clouds our minds. What if I told you, you could be free from sin? What if I told you that everything you ever dreamed could come true?

What if I told you that everything could be overcome if you embraced an idea: That freedom of sin can come from the power of just one word...

Gold: 10,485.00
Apr 5 2018 12:46am
Quote (Instrument @ Apr 4 2018 10:38am)
The dictionary definition to clarify......

Noun
disciple (plural disciples)

-A person who learns from another, especially one who then teaches others.
-An active follower or adherent of someone, or some philosophy etc.

The Bible teaches that it is IMPOSSIBLE to be a true Christian and NOT be a disciple Acts 6 explains this if you are interested in reading it. We as disciples are to spread the good news of the gospel to the world.

Keep dreaming. In Mark 16:14 he refers to the Eleven disciples, not to the generic word, disciple.
This is just a repeat of earlier in this topic. Same BS different day.

Apr 5 2018 01:39am
Quote (Ghot @ Apr 5 2018 04:46pm)
Keep dreaming. In Mark 16:14 he refers to the Eleven disciples, not to the generic word, disciple.
This is just a repeat of earlier in this topic. Same BS different day.

Go ahead and try to convince the entire world not to evangelize if you can. In the meantime I will evangelize to YOU.

You were dead in your transgressions. You were shackled and under the power of sin. You cannot save yourself and you are forever working and overburdened from the great weight of sin.

What if I told you, you could be free from sin? What if I told you that everything you ever truly longed for could come true?

What if I told you that everything could be overcome if you embraced an idea: That freedom of sin can come from the power of just one word...

YES!

Do you accept Jesus' gift of salvation believing he died and rose again for your sins? - YES!

Do you repent your sins and seek forgiveness from God? - YES!

Do you wish to grow in your relationship with God by reading the Bible in response to being saved? - YES!

It is so simple: one word can change it all for you!

_ .. _ . ___ ___
| | | |./ _ \/ __|
| |_| |. __/\__ \
\__, |\___||___/
__/ |
|___/
Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
Prev1230231232233234298Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll