d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate >
Poll > How To Get To Heaven When You Die
Prev1228229230231232298Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
  Guests cannot view or vote in polls. Please register or login.
Gold: 0.00
Mar 22 2018 10:32pm
Quote (CPK001 @ Mar 22 2018 09:50pm)
That is not even phrased grammatically correctly. Try again.

That is the thing, we are slaves to sin. We were dead in our transgressions. Then Jesus dies for us to save us from the grip of sin. We now get to live a new life, free from the chains of sin.

Yet some people find it hard to embrace the new life to the point where they would want to go back to the old ways. Look at how the Israelite's wanted to go back to Egypt, back into slavery. We are no different to them.

The denial of sin is proof that sin has power over you. You would do anything to defend it, even deny the existence of God. What you perceive to be your best friend is in fact your worst enemy and what you perceive to be your worst enemy is in fact your best friend.

What am I saying? I'm merely saying that you are one of those people under slavery and yet you accept your slavery and even deny that you are under slavery, which you are.

Where is the West exactly? Whereabouts do we need to spread the good news to those who are under slavery?

Yet show me the example of where he is a tyrant. I already explained that his ways are just. He even told the Israelite's what would happen if they spared a few lives. Look at Numbers 24 and Numbers 25.

My whole life's purpose is to ensure that as many people as possible will come to know and accept Jesus Christ into their lives. On that day when you meet your maker, you will get on your knees and confess that Jesus Christ is LORD.

How do I know this? Romans 14:11 - It is written: "'As surely as I live,' says the Lord, 'every knee will bow before me; every tongue will acknowledge God.'"

Where is that quote from? Isaiah 45:23 - By myself I have sworn, my mouth has uttered in all integrity a word that will not be revoked: Before me every knee will bow; by me every tongue will swear.

How can an individual actually be this stupid? I am amazed.
Gold: 280.69
Mar 22 2018 10:35pm
Quote (Dasein @ Mar 22 2018 10:32pm)

CPK001 is right

preach it bro preach it
Mar 22 2018 11:43pm
Quote (Scaly @ Mar 23 2018 01:52pm)
Hard to deny something that isn't even defined.

Wtf is sin? Try and reply in your own words please. I've read enough bible copy/pasta for one lifetime.

Sin is disobeying God and wanting to be the King of your own life, i.e. do things your way instead of God's way.

Quote (Dasein @ Mar 23 2018 02:32pm)

You have obviously never left through the front door of your house. I've seen all kinds of people: thieves, scammers, self-centered egotistical people and I could go on.
There is one common theme that these people have - they are not Christians.
I have never met a Christian who would steal from the shops, use a person's loss as their gain or even only ever think about themselves.

I for one think about the long distant future, the next generation. I'm even thinking about my death and what my funeral will be like. The end goal of that shapes what I do right now.

As for your question of how an individual can be so stupid? Why don't you try "How can a whole nation actually be so stupid?" Then read Exodus 32.
Then and only then will you stop being amazed and realize how far we've all fallen short from the glory of God.
Gold: 1,532.01
Mar 23 2018 01:39am
Quote (CPK001 @ Mar 23 2018 04:50am)
That is not even phrased grammatically correctly. Try again.

That is the thing, we are slaves to sin. We were dead in our transgressions. Then Jesus dies for us to save us from the grip of sin. We now get to live a new life, free from the chains of sin.

Yet some people find it hard to embrace the new life to the point where they would want to go back to the old ways. Look at how the Israelite's wanted to go back to Egypt, back into slavery. We are no different to them.

The denial of sin is proof that sin has power over you. You would do anything to defend it, even deny the existence of God. What you perceive to be your best friend is in fact your worst enemy and what you perceive to be your worst enemy is in fact your best friend.

What am I saying? I'm merely saying that you are one of those people under slavery and yet you accept your slavery and even deny that you are under slavery, which you are.

Where is the West exactly? Whereabouts do we need to spread the good news to those who are under slavery?

Yet show me the example of where he is a tyrant. I already explained that his ways are just. He even told the Israelite's what would happen if they spared a few lives. Look at Numbers 24 and Numbers 25.

My whole life's purpose is to ensure that as many people as possible will come to know and accept Jesus Christ into their lives. On that day when you meet your maker, you will get on your knees and confess that Jesus Christ is LORD.

How do I know this? Romans 14:11 - It is written: "'As surely as I live,' says the Lord, 'every knee will bow before me; every tongue will acknowledge God.'"

Where is that quote from? Isaiah 45:23 - By myself I have sworn, my mouth has uttered in all integrity a word that will not be revoked: Before me every knee will bow; by me every tongue will swear.

Sometimes I think this guy is being intentionally dense and obtuse just to piss us off :lol:

That I would be okay with. It does sadden me to think that you probably believe every word of what you’re saying as some illuminating foresight

Quote (CPK001 @ Mar 23 2018 06:43am)
I have never met a Christian who would steal from the shops, use a person's loss as their gain or even only ever think about themselves.

And if you did, you’d argue that by definition they weren’t a christian, right? :rofl:

This post was edited by GetOnYourKnees on Mar 23 2018 01:41am
Mar 23 2018 06:46am
Quote (GetOnYourKnees @ Mar 23 2018 05:39pm)
Sometimes I think this guy is being intentionally dense and obtuse just to piss us off :lol:

That I would be okay with. It does sadden me to think that you probably believe every word of what you’re saying as some illuminating foresight

Are you willing to bet your life on proving The Bible wrong? The Bible has made quite a few valid claims which, when I have investigated through the course of real life, has turned out to be true.
I know what 'when I am weak then I am strong' means. I know what 'those who exalt themselves will be humbled and those who humble themselves will be exalted' means. I asked the questions and investigated those claims.

In the end I was presented with real life scenarios where those claims turned out to be true. Now I'm not a mindless dummy who blindly agreed with everything I read. If I were then when I am challenged by other people then I would not know how to reply or I would reply in anger.
Yet when I am challenged I know exactly how to reply because I did the personal investigation on top of all the weekly Bible study meetings.

I investigated the claims The Bible predicted in 1948. I presented that to you many times. That being said if you were to hang me on a stake and threaten to burn me to death, I would still tell you that I believe the words of the prophet Isaiah.

Which is why I must ask you again, are you willing to die with those beliefs you have?

Quote (GetOnYourKnees @ Mar 23 2018 05:39pm)
And if you did, you’d argue that by definition they weren’t a christian, right? :rofl:

I guess we'll find out if we ever cross that bridge. You obviously don't understand the change a person goes through from the inside out when they become a Christian.

It is a new transformation, a new beginning, a new start. The long list of rules didn't change them, they were changed from the heart. They accept Jesus as their LORD and saviour! They put to death the old way of living, all things evil and put on a new way of living which is a life for Jesus.

What this means is they will still sin in life for sure but their faith will need to be shown by their good deeds. Galatians 5:22-23 talks about the fruit of the spirit. This is how a Christian will live their life for others to see.

How would somebody go through a transformation like that and then go on to live exactly how they lived their life before, unless that transformation never really happened?
Mar 23 2018 02:41pm
Quote (CPK001 @ Mar 22 2018 11:43pm)
Sin is disobeying God and wanting to be the King of your own life, i.e. do things your way instead of God's way.

You have obviously never left through the front door of your house. I've seen all kinds of people: thieves, scammers, self-centered egotistical people and I could go on.
There is one common theme that these people have - they are not Christians.

I for one think about the long distant future, the next generation. I'm even thinking about my death and what my funeral will be like. The end goal of that shapes what I do right now.

As for your question of how an individual can be so stupid? Why don't you try "How can a whole nation actually be so stupid?" Then read Exodus 32.
Then and only then will you stop being amazed and realize how far we've all fallen short from the glory of God.

Over 75% of the entire prison population in the US are Christians. Atheists make up less than 0.1% of the prison population. You need education, my friend. You are very sheltered if you've never met a Christian who will do a terrible thing. If anyone hasn't left their house to experience the world, it is you.

This post was edited by Dasein on Mar 23 2018 02:45pm
Gold: 3,367.50
Mar 23 2018 02:44pm
Quote (CPK001 @ Mar 23 2018 08:46am)
Are you willing to bet your life on proving The Bible wrong? The Bible has made quite a few valid claims which, when I have investigated through the course of real life, has turned out to be true.
I know what 'when I am weak then I am strong' means. I know what 'those who exalt themselves will be humbled and those who humble themselves will be exalted' means. I asked the questions and investigated those claims.

In the end I was presented with real life scenarios where those claims turned out to be true. Now I'm not a mindless dummy who blindly agreed with everything I read. If I were then when I am challenged by other people then I would not know how to reply or I would reply in anger.
Yet when I am challenged I know exactly how to reply because I did the personal investigation on top of all the weekly Bible study meetings.

I investigated the claims The Bible predicted in 1948. I presented that to you many times. That being said if you were to hang me on a stake and threaten to burn me to death, I would still tell you that I believe the words of the prophet Isaiah.

Which is why I must ask you again, are you willing to die with those beliefs you have?

I guess we'll find out if we ever cross that bridge. You obviously don't understand the change a person goes through from the inside out when they become a Christian.

It is a new transformation, a new beginning, a new start. The long list of rules didn't change them, they were changed from the heart. They accept Jesus as their LORD and saviour! They put to death the old way of living, all things evil and put on a new way of living which is a life for Jesus.

What this means is they will still sin in life for sure but their faith will need to be shown by their good deeds. Galatians 5:22-23 talks about the fruit of the spirit. This is how a Christian will live their life for others to see.

How would somebody go through a transformation like that and then go on to live exactly how they lived their life before, unless that transformation never really happened?

hahahahahahahahaha

more hahahahahha

thx for the lol
Mar 23 2018 04:26pm
Quote (Dasein @ Mar 24 2018 06:41am)
Over 75% of the entire prison population in the US are Christians. Atheists make up less than 0.1% of the prison population. You need education, my friend. You are very sheltered if you've never met a Christian who will do a terrible thing. If anyone hasn't left their house to experience the world, it is you.

What about you? Are you part of the 75% of the population? You can talk about statistics that are most likely made up on the spot but it will all come down to you as an individual.
When I think of the US I think about the gun laws and the mass shootings they have. That is a different topic altogether.

I have all the education I need. Perhaps the reason I've never met a Christian who will do a terrible thing is this: there aren't any Christians who will do a terrible thing from where I live. Oh I go out every day of the week and most nights. That is why I said earlier that I've met all kinds of people.

Quote (vaiav @ Mar 24 2018 06:44am)
hahahahahahahahaha

more hahahahahha

thx for the lol

It's funny because it's true!
Gold: 186.16
Mar 24 2018 10:16am
'I Can Only Imagine' Christian Movie Tops At Box Office

http://www.wnd.com/2018/03/mercyme-faith-based-film-wins-weekend-box-office/
Gold: 2,617.52
Mar 24 2018 09:58pm

How close to frame 6 have you progressed?
Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
Prev1228229230231232298Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll