d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate >
Poll > How To Get To Heaven When You Die
Prev1227228229230231298Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
  Guests cannot view or vote in polls. Please register or login.
Gold: 338.32
Trader: Trusted
Mar 22 2018 06:00pm
Quote (dizzle19 @ Mar 22 2018 05:26pm)
No that verse is very taken out of context. And here is the texts before and after "Therefore we are always confident and know that as long as we are at home in the body we are away from the Lord. 7 For we live by faith, not by sight. 8 We are confident, I say, and would prefer to be away from the body and at home with the Lord. 9 So we make it our goal to please him, whether we are at home in the body or away from it. 10 For we must all appear before the judgment seat of Christ, so that each of us may receive what is due us for the things done while in the body, whether good or bad."

This is not coming from Christ. This is simply stating, "we would PREFER to be away from the body and at home with the lord". He is realizing he will not be with the Lord, even though he prefers it.

I majored in theology for 1 year before switching to graphic design, then to criminal justice. So I have a great understanding of the Bible.

My texts, are straight from Christ. Christ states multiple times, man will sleep until his return. Only on judgement day, will you be awarded into the Gates of Heaven.

Your soul rests with you. No where in that text does it say otherwise.

Also, there is proof right in the bible. Surely you know the story of Lazarus. When God resurrected him after being dead for a few days, he said he knew nothing while being dead, as if it was like he was resting.
It is clear as day, Christ says it himself, not until he comes again will we go to the most Holy Land with him, where everyone will see at the same time his return.

Ecclesiastes 9:5
"For the living know that they will die, but the dead know nothing, and they have no more reward, for the memory of them is forgotten."

We will have to agree to disagree clearly. The theology I’ve studied is vastly different. I suppose the base of Christ the same which is a plus.
Gold: 0.00
Mar 22 2018 08:26pm
Quote (GetOnYourKnees @ Mar 22 2018 11:47pm)
Morally upstanding people? People who understand right from wrong, and justice from cruelty?

Morally upstanding people? If that is the case then why is the world so corrupt? I have seen the worst of the worst. Obviously there are no morally upstanding people, not even one.

I mean, I understand that the surrender of your intellectual faculties is a necessary prerequisite to reconciling this account of genocide with an omnibenevolent god, so I can't even dignify your lameness by acting surprised.

No, I understand that I do not know the full picture but God does. I understand that I should trust the one who knows it all even when I don't. In time all things will reveal themselves. Unfortunately Saul found that out the hard way.

I am not surprised that you do not even begin to understand this over complex yet simple philosophy.

I should think I have read it. You make the mistake of assuming that everyone who disagrees with you is misinformed :lol:

Oh that's where you are wrong again, you are not disagreeing with me. You are disagreeing with God. I am but a messenger and nothing more.

Quote (Thor123422 @ Mar 22 2018 11:56pm)
What a dumb question

What a dumb answer.
Gold: 260.11
Mar 22 2018 08:37pm
Quote (CPK001 @ Mar 22 2018 08:26pm)
What a dumb answer.

So tell me, what do you think will happen with Moses sleeps with the virgin mary?

This post was edited by Thor123422 on Mar 22 2018 08:38pm
Gold: 280.69
Mar 22 2018 08:42pm
Quote (Thor123422 @ Mar 22 2018 08:37pm)
So tell me, what do you think will happen with Moses sleeps with the virgin mary?

Repent
Gold: 1,532.01
Mar 22 2018 08:57pm
Quote (CPK001 @ Mar 23 2018 03:26am)
Morally upstanding people? If that is the case then why is the world so corrupt? I have seen the worst of the worst. Obviously there are no morally upstanding people, not even one.

The world would be a far, far worse place if more people considered genocide and slavery acceptable, as you do. It's no coincidence that we live in a relatively peaceful society in the West; the decline of christianity into the current snivelling, self-deprecating form it takes has taken most of the stupidity and bigotry out of people.

No, I understand that I do not know the full picture but God does. I understand that I should trust the one who knows it all even when I don't. In time all things will reveal themselves. Unfortunately Saul found that out the hard way.

I am not surprised that you do not even begin to understand this over complex yet simple philosophy.

I guess you would have found a very similar mind-frame when talking to the general public of early 1940's Germany. Your god, as he appears in your holy text, is the perfect example of a tyrant. Honestly, even if I did believe, I sure as hell wouldn't worship someone who could potentially get pissed at my ancestors and order me to be killed, along with my children... thank god he doesn't exist (hue)

Oh that's where you are wrong again, you are not disagreeing with me. You are disagreeing with God. I am but a messenger and nothing more.

I'm sure that gives your life some meaning, at least. Reminds me of that French chick on Lost who was transmitting her SOS message for decades, with noone around to receive it
Gold: 280.69
Mar 22 2018 09:01pm
Quote (GetOnYourKnees @ Mar 22 2018 08:57pm)
The world would be a far, far worse place if more people considered genocide and slavery acceptable, as you do. It's no coincidence that we live in a relatively peaceful society in the West; the decline of christianity into the current snivelling, self-deprecating form it takes has taken most of the stupidity and bigotry out of people.

I guess you would have found a very similar mind-frame when talking to the general public of early 1940's Germany. Your god, as he appears in your holy text, is the perfect example of a tyrant. Honestly, even if I did believe, I sure as hell wouldn't worship someone who could potentially get pissed at my ancestors and order me to be killed, along with my children... thank god he doesn't exist (hue)

I'm sure that gives your life some meaning, at least. Reminds me of that French chick on Lost who was transmitting her SOS message for decades, with noone around to receive it

lies and slander, repent
Gold: Locked
Trader: Scammer
Mar 22 2018 09:50pm
Quote (Instrument @ Mar 22 2018 05:00pm)
We will have to agree to disagree clearly. The theology I’ve studied is vastly different. I suppose the base of Christ the same which is a plus.

I will agree to that :)
Mar 22 2018 09:50pm
Quote (Thor123422 @ Mar 23 2018 12:37pm)

That is not even phrased grammatically correctly. Try again.

Quote (GetOnYourKnees @ Mar 23 2018 12:57pm)

That is the thing, we are slaves to sin. We were dead in our transgressions. Then Jesus dies for us to save us from the grip of sin. We now get to live a new life, free from the chains of sin.

Yet some people find it hard to embrace the new life to the point where they would want to go back to the old ways. Look at how the Israelite's wanted to go back to Egypt, back into slavery. We are no different to them.

The denial of sin is proof that sin has power over you. You would do anything to defend it, even deny the existence of God. What you perceive to be your best friend is in fact your worst enemy and what you perceive to be your worst enemy is in fact your best friend.

What am I saying? I'm merely saying that you are one of those people under slavery and yet you accept your slavery and even deny that you are under slavery, which you are.

Where is the West exactly? Whereabouts do we need to spread the good news to those who are under slavery?

Yet show me the example of where he is a tyrant. I already explained that his ways are just. He even told the Israelite's what would happen if they spared a few lives. Look at Numbers 24 and Numbers 25.

My whole life's purpose is to ensure that as many people as possible will come to know and accept Jesus Christ into their lives. On that day when you meet your maker, you will get on your knees and confess that Jesus Christ is LORD.

How do I know this? Romans 14:11 - It is written: "'As surely as I live,' says the Lord, 'every knee will bow before me; every tongue will acknowledge God.'"

Where is that quote from? Isaiah 45:23 - By myself I have sworn, my mouth has uttered in all integrity a word that will not be revoked: Before me every knee will bow; by me every tongue will swear.
Mar 22 2018 09:52pm
Quote (CPK001 @ 23 Mar 2018 03:50)
The denial of sin is proof that sin has power over you.

Hard to deny something that isn't even defined.

Wtf is sin? Try and reply in your own words please. I've read enough bible copy/pasta for one lifetime.

This post was edited by Scaly on Mar 22 2018 09:53pm
Gold: 17,384.69
Mar 22 2018 10:00pm
Preaching Jesus and Trump, everything is fine, no shame, no sin.
a big win🤣
Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
Prev1227228229230231298Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll