d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate >
Poll > How To Get To Heaven When You Die
Prev1225226227228229298Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
  Guests cannot view or vote in polls. Please register or login.
Gold: 0.00
Mar 21 2018 02:18am
Quote (Thor123422 @ Mar 21 2018 10:17am)
One big moment that makes it all worth it is how children view things.

Enjoy the process, not just the results.

Sucks to view eternal slavery as a good thing though. Christianity is truly moral bankruptcy

Don't you realize? What you call 'eternal slavery' is eternal. Jesus calls it eternal life.

Let's read Colossians 3:8 - But now you must also rid yourselves of all such things as these: anger, rage, malice, slander, and filthy language from your lips.

Then read Luke 10:25-37 - The Parable of the Good Samaritan.

Can you explain to me how that shows Christianity as a truly moral bankruptcy?

Quote (GetOnYourKnees @ Mar 21 2018 10:54am)
It's funny, because any christian that truly believes in their text must condone the killing of children - hence you can't rebuff my comments, and try to turn it into a joke.

You're not fooling anyone, you little psycho, you.

I wonder if I can get you to say, explicitly, that you think those poor Amalekite infants deserved to be slaughtered?

God does give a reason to completely destroy the ENEMIES of Israel.

Let's look at Deuteronomy 20:10-18

10 When you march up to attack a city, make its people an offer of peace. 11 If they accept and open their gates, all the people in it shall be subject to forced labor and shall work for you. 12 If they refuse to make peace and they engage you in battle, lay siege to that city. 13 When the Lord your God delivers it into your hand, put to the sword all the men in it. 14 As for the women, the children, the livestock and everything else in the city, you may take these as plunder for yourselves. And you may use the plunder the Lord your God gives you from your enemies. 15 This is how you are to treat all the cities that are at a distance from you and do not belong to the nations nearby.

16 However, in the cities of the nations the Lord your God is giving you as an inheritance, do not leave alive anything that breathes. 17 Completely destroy them—the Hittites, Amorites, Canaanites, Perizzites, Hivites and Jebusites—as the Lord your God has commanded you. 18 Otherwise, they will teach you to follow all the detestable things they do in worshiping their gods, and you will sin against the Lord your God.

Then you can read Numbers 25, that is exactly what happened. Israel were far too powerful for the other nations to battle because they had God on their side. So you can read what happens from Numbers 24 and 25, they had a plan to turn God against the people of Israel. They sent the Moabite women to seduce the men of Israel and invited them to sacrifice to their gods. Then the one true God's anger burned against them.

By not putting their enemies to death in its entirety, they would tempt Israel to worship their gods instead of the one true God. They would teach them to do detestable things that a holy God would command them not to do. In the end Israel was exiled by God because of their disobedience and sexual immorality.
Gold: 1,532.01
Mar 21 2018 07:28am
Quote (CPK001 @ Mar 21 2018 09:18am)
God does give a reason to completely destroy the ENEMIES of Israel.

Let's look at Deuteronomy 20:10-18

10 When you march up to attack a city, make its people an offer of peace. 11 If they accept and open their gates, all the people in it shall be subject to forced labor and shall work for you. 12 If they refuse to make peace and theyengage you in battle, lay siege to that city. 13 When the Lord your God delivers it into your hand, put to the sword all the men in it. 14 As for the women, the children, the livestock and everything else in the city, you may take these as plunder for yourselves. And you may use the plunder the Lord your God gives you from your enemies. 15 This is how you are to treat all the cities that are at a distance from you and do not belong to the nations nearby.

16 However, in the cities of the nations the Lord your God is giving you as an inheritance, do not leave alive anything that breathes. 17 Completely destroy them—the Hittites, Amorites, Canaanites, Perizzites, Hivites and Jebusites—as the Lord your God has commanded you. 18 Otherwise, they will teach you to follow all the detestable things they do in worshiping their gods, and you will sin against the Lord your God.

Then you can read Numbers 25, that is exactly what happened. Israel were far too powerful for the other nations to battle because they had God on their side. So you can read what happens from Numbers 24 and 25, they had a plan to turn God against the people of Israel. They sent the Moabite women to seduce the men of Israel and invited them to sacrifice to their gods. Then the one true God's anger burned against them.

By not putting their enemies to death in its entirety, they would tempt Israel to worship their gods instead of the one true God. They would teach them to do detestable things that a holy God would command them not to do. In the end Israel was exiled by God because of their disobedience and sexual immorality.

So you just condoned slavery, sexual slavery, extortion and genocide in one comment... bravo.

Would the livestock have taught the israelites to worship false gods? If not, why order their execution, if not simply for good old-fashioned cruelty?
Gold: 260.11
Mar 21 2018 07:32am
Quote (CPK001 @ Mar 21 2018 02:18am)
Don't you realize? What you call 'eternal slavery' is eternal. Jesus calls it eternal life.

Let's read Colossians 3:8 - But now you must also rid yourselves of all such things as these: anger, rage, malice, slander, and filthy language from your lips.

Then read Luke 10:25-37 - The Parable of the Good Samaritan.

Can you explain to me how that shows Christianity as a truly moral bankruptcy?

Eternal slavery doesn't become good or just because it's eternal.

That actually makes it worse.
Gold: 0.00
Mar 21 2018 04:13pm
Quote (GetOnYourKnees @ Mar 21 2018 11:28pm)
So you just condoned slavery, sexual slavery, extortion and genocide in one comment... bravo.

Would the livestock have taught the israelites to worship false gods? If not, why order their execution, if not simply for good old-fashioned cruelty?

That is what the LORD commanded, who are we or they to question his word?

1 Corinthians 1:25 - For the foolishness of God is wiser than human wisdom, and the weakness of God is stronger than human strength.

Romans 9:20-21 - 20 But who are you, a human being, to talk back to God? “Shall what is formed say to the one who formed it, ‘Why did you make me like this?’” 21 Does not the potter have the right to make out of the same lump of clay some pottery for special purposes and some for common use?

Now you can fully read 1 Samuel 15.

Samuel tells Saul that he is a messenger of the LORD. He tells him to punish the Amalekites for what they did to Israel, totally destroy them. Do not spare them, put to death the men, women, children, infants, cattle, sheep, camels and donkeys.

What does Saul do? he spares Agag, the king of the Amalekites as well as the best sheep and cattle.

You can read the conversation from verse 10 to 16. What does the LORD delight in? Does he delight in burnt offerings and sacrifices as much as in obeying the LORD?

It is better to obey the LORD than it is to sacrifice. Saul would go on to lose his status as king to David.

Quote (Thor123422 @ Mar 21 2018 11:32pm)
Eternal slavery doesn't become good or just because it's eternal.

That actually makes it worse.

What is your vision of Heaven? What do you think that we'll actually 'do' once we get there?
Mar 22 2018 07:47am
Quote (CPK001 @ Mar 21 2018 11:13pm)
That is what the LORD commanded, who are we or they to question his word?

Morally upstanding people? People who understand right from wrong, and justice from cruelty?

Romans 9:20-21 - 20 But who are you, a human being, to talk back to God? “Shall what is formed say to the one who formed it, ‘Why did you make me like this?’” 21 Does not the potter have the right to make out of the same lump of clay some pottery for special purposes and some for common use??

I mean, I understand that the surrender of your intellectual faculties is a necessary prerequisite to reconciling this account of genocide with an omnibenevolent god, so I can't even dignify your lameness by acting surprised.

Now you can fully read 1 Samuel 15.

I should think I have read it. You make the mistake of assuming that everyone who disagrees with you is misinformed :lol:
Gold: 260.11
Mar 22 2018 07:56am
Quote (CPK001 @ Mar 21 2018 04:13pm)
What is your vision of Heaven? What do you think that we'll actually 'do' once we get there?

What a dumb question
Gold: Locked
Trader: Scammer
Mar 22 2018 08:16am
Just btw, you don't go straight to heaven when you die. I don't know how people come up with this.

The bible literally states when you die you return to dust until he returns and that the dead will rise again upon his return

0/10, because no one actually reads their bible, they just listen to Catholics who tell them stupid crap
Mar 22 2018 08:36am
Quote (dizzle19 @ Mar 22 2018 03:16pm)
Just btw, you don't go straight to heaven when you die. I don't know how people come up with this.

The bible literally states when you die you return to dust until he returns and that the dead will rise again upon his return

0/10, because no one actually reads their bible, they just listen to Catholics who tell them stupid crap

Pot meet kettle
Retired Moderator
Gold: 848.00
Trader: Trusted
Mar 22 2018 10:00am
Quote (CPK001 @ 21 Mar 2018 19:13)

The Kingdom of Heaven is within each one of us.
We need to better understand the interpretation of the gospel.
more than 99% are metaphors.

Gold: Locked
Trader: Scammer
Mar 22 2018 11:38am
Quote (GetOnYourKnees @ Mar 22 2018 07:36am)
Pot meet kettle

Did I state my beliefs? No. Just that I know what the bible says because I've read it about 4 times through.
Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
Prev1225226227228229298Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll