d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate > Russia / Ukraine
Prev12222232242252264487Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: Locked
Trader: Scammer
Warn: 10%
Mar 20 2022 07:54am
Quote (vladik125rus @ Jan 25 2022 09:37am)
That's all, American propaganda, there is no invasion and there won't be.

this didn't age well
Gold: 26,714.00
Mar 20 2022 07:56am
Quote (ofthevoid @ Mar 20 2022 12:46pm)
Yeah, have you? I read both Reuters and aljazeera regularly. The latter which is also biased has a noticeably less bias and agenda pushing in many of their analysis pieces. I agree though diversity in sources is important.

100% agree.
Gold: 69.69
Warn: 30%
Mar 20 2022 08:07am
Gold: 751.50
Mar 20 2022 08:09am
Quote (Goomshill @ Mar 20 2022 02:52pm)
If America has ever been good at something, its prodding along people in the shitholes of the world to kill each other in pointless wars on behalf of America's sense of righteousness. Its why we've got an article in the news today about how the former Afghan minister of finance now drives an Uber in DC, and he was one of the lucky ones. We get to thump our chests and claim the moral high ground, and that anyone who opposes it is a traitor. Maybe we lose American blood and treasure sometimes, but its nothing compared to the devastation we create.

Sure in a logical war, once your military is destroyed and your cities besieged and surrounded by an enemy who has the ability to flatten them overnight, you'd want to surrender and minimize casualties. Heck, surrender should come long before that point, when the inevitability is clear. But we helped install and micromanage the Ukrainian government, we supplied and armed them. Its not the self-interests of the besieged Ukrainians guiding the decisions, its an unscathed west. So we can tout our jingoism and cheer them to fight to the bloody end, even if it means child soldiers throwing molotovs at tanks and Nazis committing war crimes and Russians using it as justification to massacre civilians. My main gripe with your take is that I believe you're thinking way too small. By historical precedent in Afghanistan, Iraq, Syria, Yemen, etc, I don't see Ukraine resulting in tens of thousands of deaths, I see hundreds of thousands, maybe millions. If it lasts for a few years it might reach the scale of the Holodomor. I've learned not to underestimate how much worse things can get. This is of course, all in America's best interests and advances our geopolitical position, because reasons.

afghanistan, iraq, syria, yemen, each of these theatres is in the serious six figure death range

this war in ukraine is a few years behind and so far the russians have been almost tame when you compare it to the good old american "bomb it all and send your guys to mop up tactics", they would have turned kiev into a wasteland already

i hope it stays this way and the ukranians have no reason at all to surrender right now
Gold: 13.37
Mar 20 2022 08:27am
Quote (JohnnyMcCoy @ 20 Mar 2022 17:09)
afghanistan, iraq, syria, yemen, each of these theatres is in the serious six figure death range

this war in ukraine is a few years behind and so far the russians have been almost tame when you compare it to the good old american "bomb it all and send your guys to mop up tactics", they would have turned kiev into a wasteland already

i hope it stays this way and the ukranians have no reason at all to surrender right now

What's the point in surrender when you are winning propaganda war and defending your main cities effectively?
Mar 20 2022 08:39am
Quote (SylvesterStallone @ Mar 20 2022 02:07pm)

im subscribed to the economist. alot of their content is great, some of it not so great.

Quote (JohnnyMcCoy @ Mar 20 2022 02:09pm)

im leaning towards if the ukrainians dont surrender (and i dont expect them to) the policy of mass bombings may become a reality.

This post was edited by ferdia on Mar 20 2022 08:40am
Mar 20 2022 08:41am
Try Spiegel, they are funny.

"Eating less meat would be a contribution against Putin", says German Minister of Agriculture.
https://www.spiegel.de/politik/deutschland/weniger-fleisch-zu-essen-waere-ein-beitrag-gegen-putin-a-c587d907-deed-45f6-b302-9cdfc113fd82

Vegans are on the forefront of the war. Let no potato escape, eat them alive.
Mar 20 2022 08:47am
i read that too.

to be honest i liked that post, not sure if it was here or in another topic, where they mentioned the US had brought in a law where you cant descriminate vs certain haircuts. meanwhile, over in ukraine...

This post was edited by ferdia on Mar 20 2022 08:47am
Mar 20 2022 08:57am
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Russo-Georgian_War

Pretty similar scenario it should be. Even former president of Georgia became a Governor of Odessa Oblast in Ukraine. Same war same faces.
Gold: 4,404.67
Mar 20 2022 09:31am
Quote (dro94 @ 20 Mar 2022 13:02)
ISW said they think the freeing up of Russian forces after the fall of Mariupol won't be significant in terms of tipping the scales of the war in the South. It makes sense somewhat, with Mariupol being a hostile city they'll need a lot of forces to hold it, plus the Russians have taken significant losses in the region so we don't know what proportion of forces could push up North. The urban fighting will cause even more losses over the coming weeks

Regarding your point about counterattacks on Kyiv's eastern flank, this is conducted by Ukrainian army and TDF in the Sumy region, towns like Romny that Russia don't even control

There isn't a way to sugarcoat that Southern Ukraine will most likely fall after Mariupol, the big question is whether the JFO can escape or at least prevent being encircled

You're assuming that the Russians would want to hold Mariupol. I could see them depopulating it instead. Civilians are given 2 days to leave the city, after that, the Russian occupiers will kill everyone still in the city. After one week, there will be so few warriors left that they don't have to leave a lot of troops behind to keep them hiding in their bombed out basement.
Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
Prev12222232242252264487Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll